• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Anyone heard this before? They're an Australian duo. They're sound reminds me of a more electronically geared, not depressed version of Lorde for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtIA2fgHfg

Never heard of them, but I'm bopping.
jamming.gif

Vazduh

So I just stumbled upon a Canadian gem called Jessy Lanza.

jessy-lanza-600x330.jpg

I've never heard of her before, but it seems she released an album last year called Pull My Hair Back. Sonically it's a lot like FKA Twigs, Banks with a little bit of Aaliyah, at least judging by the few tracks I've listened to. Now I have to find the entire album.

Jessy Lanza - Pull My Hair Back

Btw, Nemesis_, that track you've just posted is ...

i4RpsNS.gif

life-giving. I LOVE IT!

So I just stumbled upon a Canadian gem called Jessy Lanza.

jessy-lanza-600x330.jpg

I've never heard of her before, but it seems she released an album last year called Pull My Hair Back. Sonically it's a lot like FKA Twigs, Banks with a little bit of Aaliyah, at least judging by the few tracks I've listened to. Now I have to find the entire album.

Jessy Lanza - Pull My Hair Back

Btw, Nemesis_, that track you've just posted is ...

i4RpsNS.gif

life-giving. I LOVE IT!

I've had this girl's album on my iTunes for months now. I should really listen to it more than once.

Vazduh

I've had this girl's album on my iTunes for months now. I should really listen to it more than once.

Do it! :) I'm listening to it right now, so far it's really good.

It seems that Jessy's coming to my country (Croatia) this summer, but the festival she's playing at is too expensive for me, plus it's literally on the other side of the country. To make things worse, Baths, whom I adore, is headlining ;_;

Yado

And this is why you don't do collaborations with scum like Chris Brown.

Ariana Grande was about to release her duet with CB, but he was arrested like a day before. So then she got all pissed off and decided to play a bunch of snippets from her new album due this summer on a live stream because her record label won't let her release the duet now.

Oh, to be young and dumb.

Maybe it was her management's idea. I can't think of any other male artists in their age bracket she could sing with though. Bieber?

Maybe it was her management's idea. I can't think of any other male artists in their age bracket she could sing with though. Bieber?
Well, I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't release a duet if one half of the song were physically unable to promote it.

But I'd still be pissed if some hew's anger issues ruined the entire pre-album release/promo schedule.

Which is why you don't collaborate with angry misogynist hews.

Touchdown

Banned

If she did a "duet" with One Direction, I'm sure that song would fly up the charts....Although that would just be another thing for people to try to compare her to Mariah whose done that a few notable times but really she can't worry about that at this point because her audience is too young to remember those songs anyway.

Nemesis_

llehuty

Long time lurker in the queue for Mrs. Carter show in Barcelona.

Not ready for the slayage. NOT READY FOR THE SLAYAGE.

And this is why you don't do collaborations with scum like Chris Brown.

Ariana Grande was about to release her duet with CB, but he was arrested like a day before. So then she got all pissed off and decided to play a bunch of snippets from her new album due this summer on a live stream because her record label won't let her release the duet now.

Oh, to be young and dumb.

But I'm kind of here for this. I'm still disappointed that it already sounds like Yours Truly Part 2 but so far so good I guess. It's better she leave the trash off the album instead of acting like CB is really someone she needs to catapult her career. Child please, she needs to stop.

The snippets were all bops tho.

Long time lurker in the queue for Mrs. Carter show in Barcelona.

Not ready for the slayage. NOT READY FOR THE SLAYAGE.

Jealous is not even the word to describe how I feel. Ugh, I just really want to see her but no US dates yet.. Grrrrrrrr!

llehuty

Welcome sis.

Ugh I need her to announce US dates, my coins are ready
cry.gif

Get ya life. Seeing her live will probably be a life change.

itKIkOWYZFaWy.gif

God.

I am literally seething from jealousy.

Jealous is not even the word to describe how I feel. Ugh, I just really want to see her but no US dates yet.. Grrrrrrrr!
Life given and life taken. I'm a new person. You better have your coin ready. Partition live was jusT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom