• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Not in this thread but generally.

I mean his anti gay-marriage stance, reference to God rightfully wiping out gays in the Bible etc.

Probably a combination of the fact hes not really current and reached that status where no matter what they do they'll be considered a legend and people aren't interested in changing that any time.

Not in this thread but generally.

I mean his anti gay-marriage stance, reference to God rightfully wiping out gays in the Bible etc.

Wooooooow, I never knew this. I always thought he was bisexual but I didn't know he was so homophobic. Wow, this is a shocker. Could it have been some bad D that made him think like this, because I'm slightly not convinced he hasn't played that field.

Vazduh

Never forget this promo photo for Dirty Mind.

prince-dirty-mind-promo.jpg

This leather gay bar realness.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Aint no D bad enough to become a homophobe

Another reason people probably don't say much is because he always came across quite gay. You tell someone hes homophobic and they'll probably turn around and say he wears high heels, woman's clothes and make up, how can he be?

I'm very impressed some homeless man would not only see the video within 24 hours but managed to find the arts and crafts to make a poster about it

lol it seems like DJWS asked him to hold the sign in hopes the pic would go viral. I mean seriously why would there be an "@" sign in front of Lady Gaga, where did the guy get multiple colored markers AND poster, watch the video (and know it was coming out) in less than 24 hours after release, AND just happen to have DJWS driving by.

tumblr_inline_msttz4vDzF1qz4rgp.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
VEVO 24 Hours GAGS campaign.

Lady Gaga- G.U.Y. an ARTPOP Film

FLOP not even 10m

I wonder why people cut Prince so much slack for his homophobia.

Probably because he's so inconsistent about it. One minute he'll be on his Jesus trip, trying to read the bible with his homosexual associates, and the next he's all be hugged up on gay ex-band members or on stage with Elton John. You can't be in the entertainment industry and hate the gays too much. Especially when you dress like a midget drag queen.

iboKj0BkTky6Wp.gif

Majmun

Probably because he's so inconsistent about it. One minute he'll be on his Jesus trip, trying to read the bible with his homosexual associates, and the next he's all be hugged up on gay ex-band members or on stage with Elton John. You can't be in the entertainment industry and hate the gays too much. Especially when you dress like a midget drag queen.

iw3w51wbVRxPT.gif

RubyFaith

Prince is so overrated, his music isn't really bop worthy.

When I was really young I was confused about his identity because I though he was Michael Jackson on a budget.

Anyway

I never listened to G.U.Y until the Gaga video and now I'm hooked.
I wish she would have made the video more of her original style. It was a lot like Bad Romance but it went overboard.
Nonetheless
GPKXRO.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

When I was really young I was confused about his identity because I though he was Michael Jackson on a budget.

Anyway

I wish she would have made the video more of her original style. It was a lot like Bad Romance but it went overboard.
Nonetheless
What?
fire-mess.gif

Anyway

Nonetheless
GPKXRO.gif

lol. I was the same way.

I remember the first time I saw or heard of him was when he performed on American Idol. I had to look him up online before I really believed that he wasn't an MJ tribute act or something....

royalan

Lady Gaga's performance with Xtina remains the era's most iconic moment.

It was so iconic she had to have an artist VOMIT on her to top it.

Nemesis_

she's been saying "Rebel Heart" a lot lately hasn't she hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Though ever since the announcement of working with Avviiccii, I've lost the little hope I had.

I am not a HUGE fan of Avicii's latest work but his older stuff was quite good. I think the last time she worked with a "mainstream" DJ was when she did stuff with Paul Oakenfold. And honestly I don't mind any of the stuff that has come out of that relationship - including this unreleased and unpolished bop.

I've basically learnt now that producers (with Madonna) doesn't mean as much as it might with other girls. It would seem like something exciting to hear she's working with William Orbit. Essentially the same team that gave us tracks like Skin and Frozen. But then we got tracks like Some Girls and I'm A Sinner which just aren't in the same league.

Yeah, pretty much these. I really didn't like ARTPOP at first but it's been growing on me.

ARTPOP is an album that really grows tbh.

you may have forgotten (i know i did) but she released a new music video yesterday.

Regardless of whether she didn't or not I'm sure we'd be cycling through the SHE'S OVER conversation :(

cory64

The 6 best instrumentals on Sign ☮☮☮ The Times:
1. If I Was Your Girlfriend
2. It
3. Strange Relationship
4. Ballad of Dorothy Parker
5. Hot Thing
6. Forever In My Life

RubyFaith

lol. I was the same way.

I remember the first time I saw or heard of him was when he performed on American Idol. I had to look him up online before I really believed that he wasn't an MJ tribute act or something....

lol American Idol was the first time you heard of Prince? How young are you? I was about six when I actually started paying attention to singers. My faves were Mariah and IMX.

The 6 best instrumentals on Sign ☮☮☮ The Times:
1. If I Was Your Girlfriend
2. It
3. Strange Relationship
4. Ballad of Dorothy Parker
5. Hot Thing
6. Forever In My Life
I'm shocked Cory. No one ever mentions It. That's my jam. I don't care for Strange Relationship, however. I would put ICNTTPOYM, especially the version from the movie, in its place.

botty

Banned
lol. I was the same way.

I've always known of Prince because a few of the older people in my family would always mention him and his pre-90s music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom