• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#popMAFIA | So don’t let this be our final song

acohrs

Hey there everybody!

Vote: Haly

I could just jump on one of the other bandwagons and try and save myself, but I still feel like this is the right way to go. I thought I had already posted, but apparently not. Lynching me isn't going to do anything more then answer the singular question of my identity. Admittedly, I'm an easy lynch, but I would suggest you look at the people who are pushing for me (which will be nothing more then a wasted day).

We've got two peeps, including haly, claiming that haly is a mason and so definitely on the town side. Now why would you still want to vote for them to be lynched unless you've got stronger evidence to suggest that they're scum!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hey there everybody!

I could just jump on one of the other bandwagons and try and save myself, but I still feel like this is the right way to go. I thought I had already posted, but apparently not. Lynching me isn't going to do anything more then answer the singular question of my identity. Admittedly, I'm an easy lynch, but I would suggest you look at the people who are pushing for me (which will be nothing more then a wasted day).

Why are you voting for someone confirmed as mason by their partner?

acohrs

Why are you voting for someone confirmed as mason by their partner?

Great-Minds-think-alike.jpg

I'm not feeling flameac. Now I can't really defend flame_ac. He's jumped on two votes in the middle, just like CB. Has posted mainly fluff, and made no direct attack against anybody first. Hasn't stepped out of line. The only gut feeling I have for cb is the thought that he's trying to be inactive. Trying to blend. Posting enough to keep his head above water. Fac stikes me as purely inactive.

I implore both players to defend themsleves. Don't roll over and die if you're town. Fight.

Vote:Cornburrito [/highlight¦

acohrs

I'm not feeling flameac. Now I can't really defend flame_ac. He's jumped on two votes in the middle, just like CB. Has posted mainly fluff, and made no direct attack against anybody first. Hasn't stepped out of line. The only gut feeling I have for cb is the thought that he's trying to be inactive. Trying to blend. Posting enough to keep his head above water. Fac stikes me as purely inactive.

I implore both players to defend themsleves. Don't roll over and die if you're town. Fight.

Vote:Cornburrito [/highlight¦

Are you still suspicious of Haly despite what Haly and Co have claimed? Surely it adds up what with your failed attempt on them too, no?

Are you still suspicious of Haly despite what Haly and Co have claimed? Surely it adds up what with your failed attempt on them too, no?

No. We can reasonably assume that at least two powers existed in the game night 1 that could negate me. The tracker implies that a blocker is in the game, and Combines power. It's possible that 2-3 other powers exist as well. Haly has picked up activity since the reveal. I was never suspicious of coppanova. If we assume that 2 scum remain this gambit is really risky, especially when done for no apparent reason as Haly wasn't at risk by lynch, and they could block me again, so no night risk.

Sawneeks

Banned
Vote: Not

I dont think you ever really picked up the posting pace. Granted the game's pace is fairly slow anyway.

Sawneeks, I voted for Haly that day because I thought Haly might be scum. Haly did not vote QB D1 (yes neither did I), and also didn't die after being targeted by a vig kill according to LoC.

?

It was only really briefly brought up on Day 2 but I still don't understand how that means Haly is Scum just because he survived.

Just a pm I got last night. I don't know what it did, I was just told I don't feel right. There's a bit more flavor to it but it didn't impact me any as far as we can tell.

If it does end up being bad, haly has the pm and can distribute it. As it stands, I don't want to focus on it too much since the pm didn't really indicate what it does, and I have no way of knowing if the alignment of the role is town or not.

What? Did anybody else get this PM at all? I don't remember anyone ever saying they got something like that after Night 1.

The reason why I didn't vote is because I didn't even have a scum read up until Burbeting's reads came in and pushed me towards the direction of Kalor. But by time I read that, there's was already so many votes on Kalor that I felt adding onto them would give the impression that I was scum trying to turbo Kalor. Kalor was the only one I had even a suspicion of being scum. I didn't want to vote for someone else that I had no read on, so I decided not to vote.

As for the lack of posts, well shit I really don't know what to say other than this has been a slow-ass game so far. Though it's pretty bizarre how that call-out thing from yesterday never had any follow-up.

If that's the case then why didn't you say anything? I agree this is an incredibly quiet game but withholding your thoughts is only going to perpetuate that and make the game quieter. Not to mention your reasoning is now only coming after the fact and we have no idea if that really was how you felt in the moment since this is coming long after the Day ended.

I still do think you are Town Bronx but this isn't really helping our situation.

Hey there everybody!

Okay, you're really going to have to run by me how you think that 1 of the claimed Masons is Scum. :x

CCS

Banned
Labelling a pretty much confirmed mason as scum is such a bizarre move it almost makes me reconsider, because it seems like a pretty dumb move for a scum player to make.

On the other hand, I'm still pretty confident in Flame being scum (slightly less confident in Corn being scum)

Don't see my vote moving today. Busy tomorrow at work so may not post again before days end. If you want my input or to ask me any questions I'll try and respond in the morning before I go to work.

Ty4on

Hi. I'm working, but soon done. I haven't read much of this, all I know is I wanna lynch Crab.

I'll try to catch up a bit when I come home and hopefully post before going to bed.

Coppanuva

Flame, what's your logic here? Are you really just OMGUS voting in day 3 because that's what it seems like. Why haly and not one of the other people with votes on you?

Also sawneeks in regards to the pm, I don't think anyone mentioned it. It's possible that combine somehow got hit with whatever this is as well. Unless someone else got hit with it n1 and wants to talk about it, we should drop it until tomorrow.

Also since not got replaced, removing my vote. Right now I think flame is where mine would be, but I'm going to wait til he respond.

invite

Ty4on

Finally home
I remember reading the day start now.
I like acohrs. Not so keen on Burb.
Lost my internet connection for most of the weekend :(. I hope that doesn't happen again, it's quite frustrating.
:(

Any thoughts? Flame seems to be the vote leader, but I haven't read why yet.

Sawneeks

Banned
Labelling a pretty much confirmed mason as scum is such a bizarre move it almost makes me reconsider, because it seems like a pretty dumb move for a scum player to make.

On the other hand, I'm still pretty confident in Flame being scum (slightly less confident in Corn being scum)

Don't see my vote moving today. Busy tomorrow at work so may not post again before days end. If you want my input or to ask me any questions I'll try and respond in the morning before I go to work.

Could I ask why? I agree that Flame voting for Haly would be a really weird move to do as Scum so it's making me feel less confident about his lynch. Frankly I feel worse about Corn, so I'm curious as to why you hold Flame above him in the Scum ladder.

Finally home
I remember reading the day start now.
I like acohrs. Not so keen on Burb.

Welcome, Ty!

Can I ask for a bit more elaboration on that line? Also I'm assuming your 'I want to vote Crab' is a joke?

Burbeting

Banned
Any thoughts? Flame seems to be the vote leader, but I haven't read why yet.

The flame vote doesn't sit right with me. He has been very silent (like almost all players), and his reasonings to vote have been very flimsy but... it also feels like too easy vote. At least some scum have blended in on the silent crowd, but I'd assume even then a blender scum would try to put some effort on their votes.

And today Flame voted on Haly, who is most likely confirmed Mason (unless there is some unnecessary gambit going on, which I doubt). But would scum really vote on someone who is almost confirmed town? It brings unnecessary spotlight on them. I guess it could be reverse-psychology ("scum does a stupid thing so we think they are town"), but right now it doesn't sit right with me to vote Flame.

Especially with this big dog-pile appearing on him. Biggest concerns to me are Anchors, whose vote felt like a really lazy add-on to the dogpile, and CornBro, who just voted on Flame without even mentioning him. It's possible that some scum are voting on the easy dogpile. Anchors is a new player though, and a replacement at that. So right now my biggest concern is.

VOTE: CornBurrito

He has been very... vague on previous days as well. When I questioned him yesterday about voting Haly, he even admitted it was "half-lazy".

Ty4on

Welcome, Ty!

Can I ask for a bit more elaboration on that line? Also I'm assuming your 'I want to vote Crab' is a joke?
Not really. It's jokey in that I haven't really read the game, but I still don't like him from what little I've read. I see he voted out Quantum D1, but I don't like the post with that vote.

Ty4on

Especially with this big dog-pile appearing on him. Biggest concerns to me are Anchors, whose vote felt like a really lazy add-on to the dogpile, and CornBro, who just voted on Flame without even mentioning him. It's possible that some scum are voting on the easy dogpile. Anchors is a new player though, and a replacement at that. So right now my biggest concern is.

Nice, my one town read :p (It's acohrs BTW, my mind messed up trying to spell that as well)

Do you have any more thoughts on him or the person he was replacing?
My entire read on him is "I like his tone, he's feels way too comfortable for a newbie scum entering the game."

Burbeting

Banned
Nice, my one town read :p (It's acohrs BTW, my mind messed up trying to spell that as well)

My entire read on him is "I like his tone, he's feels way too comfortable for a newbie scum entering the game."

Well I wasn't fond of Evillisk during D1. He seemed to quickly retreat from all stances he took when someone criticized him, whether it was his stance on no lynch or in OMGUS votes.

For now, my most worrysome scum read is

VOTE: Evilisk

Every single time people have asked Evillisk something, he has backed down at some level, almost as if he tries his best to please everyone. So if someone has doubted something in him, the reaction has always seemed to be "oh I'm backing down".

When asked about no lynch stance:

"Please don't be suspicious me Sawneeks, please"

When asked of his OMGUS plans:

"Oh don't suspect me, I'll back down okay?"

Something just bugs me about these posts.

He responded later, which made me feel bit better about him. During D2 he didn't post at all, but since he dropped out, there's not much to wonder about that.

So yeah, my reads on Evillisk weren't super positive.

Ty4on

Could I ask why? I agree that Flame voting for Haly would be a really weird move to do as Scum so it's making me feel less confident about his lynch. Frankly I feel worse about Corn, so I'm curious as to why you hold Flame above him in the Scum ladder.

I'm really just quoting to get your attention. I dunno about Flame or Corn right now. Corn's first post was decent I guess.

Anyhow, how are you feeling about the game so far Saw?

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm really just quoting to get your attention. I dunno about Flame or Corn right now. Corn's first post was decent I guess.

Anyhow, how are you feeling about the game so far Saw?

Hmmm, both frustrated and just disinterested in the game at the same time if that makes any sense. The fact that we lynched Scum on Day 1 was great but the very slow pace of the game in general isn't something I'm used to and I'm finding it frustrating to play in. That coupled with the slower post count is making it tough to really put in a lot of effort because I don't feel it's being reciprocated. I get another burst of energy every now and again but I'm at a point where I'd much rather do something else than spend an hour making a post that won't be responded to for hours on end. Case and point being the Corn/Flame look over I want to do. I'm going to do it eventually.....

With our Day 1 Scum lynch I think we are doing much better than we would be if we didn't find QB but I do worry that general apathy will kill us in the end. Not to mention this kind of environment is a perfect ground for Scum to do 'just enough' to get by but with the general low activity in the game I'm having an increasingly hard time trying to differentiate between coasting scum and coasting town.

Ty4on

Hmmm, both frustrated and just disinterested in the game at the same time if that makes any sense. The fact that we lynched Scum on Day 1 was great but the very slow pace of the game in general isn't something I'm used to and I'm finding it frustrating to play in. That coupled with the slower post count is making it tough to really put in a lot of effort because I don't feel it's being reciprocated. I get another burst of energy every now and again but I'm at a point where I'd much rather do something else than spend an hour making a post that won't be responded to for hours on end. Case and point being the Corn/Flame look over I want to do. I'm going to do it eventually.....

With our Day 1 Scum lynch I think we are doing much better than we would be if we didn't find QB but I do worry that general apathy will kill us in the end. Not to mention this kind of environment is a perfect ground for Scum to do 'just enough' to get by but with the general low activity in the game I'm having an increasingly hard time trying to differentiate between coasting scum and coasting town.

I'm kinda reading Crab that way because from the little I read he seemed "happy" or more accurately content with how things were going. Felt really out of character from Dangan.

I'm not demotivated, but I haven't quite caught up yet :p

Ty4on

I'm open to a lynch if we have anything to go on, but right now we really don't.

Basically, I'm willing to reconsider, but I'm tending towards being cautious on the opening day.

I guess my point is, we get no information from a no lynch, but if we have nothing really to go on, then we'll probably end up lynching the wrong person, and then we're down one more town than we'd otherwise be. And I've never played here before, so I don't back my ability for a successful scum read on the first day.

Early, early D1, but this feels kinda like a townie mindset. Misguided for sure, but better than most scums arguing for a no lynch.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
By the way LoC I'm not sure if you mentioned if you targeted anyone last night for a kill?

Ty4on

That's the advantage the Mafia has against the town, that they know who each other are. I think if we at least build a consensus on who to lynch first, then we can figure out who's who. Also, Evilisk's response so far seems very well mannered. He's definitely town.

Emphasis mine.

I really don't like this post.

CCS

Banned

Welcome, Ty!

I'm not really sure, it's one of those that's based as much off gut feeling as off reason. I'd also quite like to lynch Corn though, so if people are feeling worse about him I don't mind if it ends up being him either.

My biggest problem with Flame is the inactivity. With the exception of the two players who have been replaced, the next least active person (kryptik) has more than twice as many posts as him. And his posts haven't been content-packed enough to justify such silence.

Sawneeks

Banned

What about Kryptik? You weren't a huge fan of his reads list and, at least in my opinion, he hasn't done much to really change my current opinion of him.

Not really. It's jokey in that I haven't really read the game, but I still don't like him from what little I've read. I see he voted out Quantum D1, but I don't like the post with that vote.

Uh, can you elaborate on that one a little more? Because I'm not really seeing anything wrong with it, in fact that was the post that really made me feel Crab was Town so I'm kinda curious as to what you see in it.

I'm not demotivated, but I haven't quite caught up yet :p

Good lol. Maybe a new face is what we need to jump start everything. c:

By the way LoC I'm not sure if you mentioned if you targeted anyone last night for a kill?

something something nobody reads my damn posts grumble grumble

Crab asked the same thing, I'm not going to go re-quote it but LoC said he did not use his ability this Night Phase.

I'm not really sure, it's one of those that's based as much off gut feeling as off reason. I'd also quite like to lynch Corn though, so if people are feeling worse about him I don't mind if it ends up being him either.

Honestly that's kinda how I'm feeling, although I'm leaning far more towards a Corn lynch than Flame but I would honestly be fine with either at this point. I'm going to go quickly do my re-read so this might change though.

acohrs

Damn that's a good point, forgot about that. However, did they not mention that they only can only use it once or twice? Since 2 peeps didn't buy it yesterday, I think that means they didn't activate it.

acohrs

ain't no thang. Surname is hard to spell at first.

Sawneeks

Banned
Whose Pop Is It Anyway? feat. Corn and Flame

Ooookay, game is small enough to where the Topo Method isn't as crazy as it usually is, that and I can't sleep and after being away the past few days I need to get a handle on things again to figure this out. So let's get started!

Corn:

Day 1

#98 - First post, nothing remarkable.
#101 - Mentions that he doesn't typically vote early and that's why he didn't open with a vote.
#110 - Out of nowhere Cabot Questionnaire. Again, not much of anything remarkable.
#120 - This is...interesting now that QB did flip Scum. I don't think it's really indicative of anything but it just feels odd to see after the fact.
#207 - Corn sort of disappears up until this point and suddenly jumps that Kryptik is being overly defensive but votes for Pop instead with no explanation.
#212 - Fixes Crab's error.
#217 - Explains the Pop vote. Basically boils down to 'he joked about being Scum and that question will hang around for the whole game so might as well answer that question now'. I said it then but I do see the logic behind that, even if I don't really agree with it.
#218 - Response to Burb's accusations against Evilisk.
#234 - More explanation of the Pop vote. Gives Evilisk the pass because it's Day 1 and they were a new player, also claims that Day 1 lynches are a shot in the dark and list the 3 reasons as to how he votes on Day 1.
#236 - Evilisk pep talk.

And Day 1 ends. I do find it interesting that Corn votes for Pop because he claimed Scum and wanted to get that 'unknown' out of the way but also did question QB's 'Scum Chat joke' by taking it semi-seriously and yet never voted on QB despite that.

Day 2

#333 - Doesn't like Haly's little explanation post. Also questions why LoC even shot Haly in the first place since Haly didn't do anything 'scummy' on Day 1.
#334 - Questions the Bronx call-out, also assumes it was interrupted.
#337 - Wants to stop talking about the Call-out, decides we can all figure it out later.
#361 - 'LoC probably isn't Scum due to him pulling attention to himself when there was no reason to'
#363 - Lynch Pop! It's good for your health!
#366 - Explains a little to Haly why LoC might think Haly is Scum. Also agrees that a Doctor protecting Haly would be weird.
#368 - More call-out talk.
#387 - Votes Haly because...why not...?
#402 - Willing to lynch inactivity, in this case Not, for..some reason?
#411 - Haly vote is 'half lazy/half motivated by curiosity'. Starts to buy in to the 'Haly is a Godfather' thing I'm assuming.
#432 - Explains why he never voted for Pop on Day 2, because his explanation was 'good enough'.

Day End. Entirely ignores the Kalor discussion happening and only really focuses on the Call Out talk with Bronx as well as some side comments about Pop and a focus on Haly. I don't like how he just completely ignored everything about Kalor and only took an interest in Haly, even then it was only a tenuous 'well you didn't die and i want to know why' reason. Not a big fan of that Day End vote. :/

Day 3

#469 - Talks about how the NK choice is strange and that a Switcher might be involved. No mention of how Pop turned out to be Town or how that eliminated his 'question' from earlier.
#483 - Votes for Not and also explains his Haly vote after-the-fact. Says it was for him not voting for QB ( which he mentions he did not do himself ) and because Haly didn't die, which for some reason is a Scumtell?
#494 - Now this is the Corn I remember, throwing out weird theories and ideas. This one just comes out of nowhere though, and it assume the Call Out is a Cop when we have no idea what it is.
#509 - And a random Flame vote, who he never discussed up until this point. Would love an explanation btw.

tl;dr Keeps ending on the 'easy' votes and hasn't done much to really try and Scum Hunt in any way. Ignored QB on Day 1 in favor of Pop's 'I claim Scum' as his vote, ended with Haly on Day 2 because Haly didn't die which is apparently a #Scumtell, and then proceeded to vote for low activity Not before switching to Flame with no explanation whatsoever. Reminds me of Price is Right where Corn was Scum but was just disinterested in the game and went with whatever easy path was available.

Sawneeks

Banned
Flame's biography comes tomorrow before Day End.

Hopefully we get some more answers from Flame/Corn by then.

Until then, good night everyone. u_u

acohrs

VOTE: CornBurrito

He has been very... vague on previous days as well. When I questioned him yesterday about voting Haly, he even admitted it was "half-lazy".

I wouldn't say that it's a lazy add-on. Bronx came out and explained their inactivity with an OK explanation, so, I voted Flame as they hadn't posted yet. After voting Flame, they came out with an explanation, which quite frankly, was bloody impossible to understand, going against two PRs that benefit the townies!

What do you think of this Burbeting, surely you must agree this is quite suspicious, no?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think the callout was a one shot. While it's not as powerful as a straight up cop, I think 2 masons and a 1-shot public cop and is quite enough investigative power for town, especially in a 17 player game.

If/when they die we'll be able to confirm Bronx-man's status.

Inclined to agree. It looks a lot to me like a public read for a one-shot cop. I'm inclined to ignore it for the time being and not waste too much time over analysing.

Crab please

I know what LoC said. I'm asking if we think he is telling the truth. If I was a town vigilante with multiple shots, I would be firing off all night every night. It's the equivalent of No Lynching - even if you shoot town, you get information, and you have a bonus chance of hitting scum. And what's more, I think any experience town, like LoC is, ought to be able to work this out. So the fact we got a very strange night kill by anyone's standard and the fact LoC claims he didn't shoot certainly makes me wonder.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
To clarify, I meant Not Shooting is the equivalent of Not Lynching.

Top Bottom