• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#popMAFIA | So don’t let this be our final song

From my POV, possible scum options at this point. First I'll make the assumption Castamere/Splinter's role is true.

If CCS Tells the truth, and we assume he is not scum, the possiblities are:
Bronx-Man
Kryptikjoker
Ty4on

If I assume there is three scum left, that would be the scum team from my point of view. If there are two scum, one person would be dropped off.

If CCS is telling tales, then the possibilites are:
Bronx-man
CCS
acohrs
Kryptikjoker
Ty4on
Sawneeks

The lower list of scum candidates seem more likely to me, than the upper one. I also feel very wary about how CCS has acted today, as I've noted in my posts above.

---

Where did everyone disappear off to?

Could Burb make a comment on his reads after Bronx made a Town PR claim? His silence is deafening after the fact. And his read is contradictory to everyone's read of Bronx as town.

I'm not sure what to feel if there are actually just two scum left...

It feels like we've all sort of agreed that Kryptik is scum too. He's been a scum read for a while with me starting with this.

It's an easy trap to fall in for a scum player (cough cough >_<) to plop a town read like that on a townie. It can be hard to constantly hide the fact you know the alignment.

Plopping Burb and Kryptik into Quantum's post:

We kinda see the pattern Crab was talking about. There's a tendency to scum read mates if we're right about Burb and Kryptik, but that's not that weird. Scum cautious of their reads can be hypersensitive to scum tells from their mates because they're biased. It's obv. not confirmed he spread out mates.

We see nothing but townies in the unknown category. Again with the biased nature of scum reads this isn't that weird IMO. They're both very negative reads tho if presumed scum team is correct.

This links Burb and Kryptik a little bit to me. Burb is showing suspicion of Kryptik, but ultimately voting for and asking people about Evillisk.

The thing though that bothers me is that they maybe seem a little too bussy for a 3-person scum team. Perhaps some panic at the heat Quantum got. It's weird, it's happened in two scum games where a mate of mine makes a joke or says something true that's interpreted as a slip and something just snaps for scum team. The heat they're getting is frustrating them because it's technically wrong. Judging from Quantum's flip I'm 95% certain it was just a joke so they might've been really wanting the lynch to avoid Quantum.

The negative feeling on D1 can explain the bussing. It's a natural response for pressured scum to bus. "Obviously town are going to think I've put all townies in my scum reads", but most people who've been scum know that feeling. Kryptik might have been the sacrificial lamb (this will IMO be turned upside down if Burb flips anything but poisoner) to save Quantum and Burb.

-------------------------------------
Kryptik has also bothered me because something doesn't quite click with him on a scum team with Saw and Burb. It's not impossible, just a bit weird. He is a new scum, but why go all out to attack your mate? And the attack feels newbie scum, but not newbie scum who's scared to damage their team.

You analyzed who I chose as "unknown" on my day 1 read list, but didn't analyze who I put on my "Scum" or "Borderline Scum" list: QB and Burbeting. QB was revealed as scum, and as Tracker. Burbeting is still an unknown, but we know there are several roles out there: one shot vig (claimed by LoC/Splinter), jailer (Bronx), and at least a poisoner. Other roles revealed were developer (Crab), masons (Haly, Coppanuva), and power consumer (combine42). Is there a doctor in the house?

Ty4on

I don't see the point of the doctor claiming. They probably can't give us much, if any, information and a single save gives us an extra day.

acohrs

I don't see the point of the doctor claiming. They probably can't give us much, if any, information and a single save gives us an extra day.

I_Need_a_Doctor.jpg

CCS

Banned
Yeah dog people! Here goes:

14725630_10154728278333010_8370577924619834710_n.jpg

Oh my god they are so adorable!! :D

That sounds like a good cross. My family's dog was a Labrador and German Shepherd cross.

It's a really good cross. We used to train puppies for Guide Dogs for the Blind and he's one of the ones we trained (he failed because he couldn't see well enough, ironically). They use that cross a lot because they're intelligent enough but also incredibly sweet natured :)

acohrs

Oh my god they are so adorable!! :D

It's a really good cross. We used to train puppies for Guide Dogs for the Blind and he's one of the ones we trained (he failed because he couldn't see well enough, ironically). They use that cross a lot because they're intelligent enough but also incredibly sweet natured :)

Lab retrievers are great dogs, their one flaw is they as much discipline when it comes to food as me. We would eat ourselves dead! &#128523;&#128522;

CCS

Banned
Lab retrievers are great dogs, their one flaw is they as much discipline when it comes to food as me. We would eat ourselves dead! &#128523;&#128522;

Hahahaha that's certainly true! Never known anything as greedy as a Labrador!

I'm all in favour of this becoming dog chat when no one's scum hunting :p

*Splinter

Aaaaah, you guys never said you had cute and fluffy doggos. They're adorable. :'D

Well don't just leave us in suspense, Splinter. :p
Oh that. Ehhhh I guess it boils down to speculation on what happened with CCS, and whether or not I believe what he's said. I was thinking ahead and if I take his info as good then it leads to a Ty4on lynch eventually - which seems unfair as I doubt I'd be agreeing with his lynch otherwise.

I want to lynch CCS - because what he's said so far doesn't make sense as a thing that could happen without him being replaced. But it's mylo and I can't confidently guess on things I don't know about and what Cabot would have done in response, so I'm not risking the game on what is almost a policy lynch.

Ultimately I'll ignore the whole thing. Lynch Burb (who probably dies in any timeline) and go from there.

When you return: What is different about how I'm playing in this game and Overwatch and why do you feel that is townie?
I have no memory whatsoever of Overwatch. I had to think about whether I was even in that game.

I remember Danny Phantom. You seemed scummy to me despite having a green check from the cop (Ty4on was a godfather in that game).

acohrs

haha wow nobody is even attempting to try to prevent Burb being lynched by suggesting someone else. Guess, tomorrow we will get more discussion.

In the mean time, have one of these!

13735851_700767343394922_703646708_n.jpg

Ty4on

I have no memory whatsoever of Overwatch. I had to think about whether I was even in that game.

I remember Danny Phantom. You seemed scummy to me despite having a green check from the cop (Ty4on was a godfather in that game).
You town read me in that game. For the others (and possibly Splinter as well :p ) that was my last game as scum, Danny Phantom was my first.

Ty4on

We got a read list from Quantum, then Castamere, then Kryptik.

It's really weird for all three to be scum, but if one scum thinks it's a good idea he might have told the others. I don't think Scum!Burb would like it though.

cabot

PLEASE NOTE, we are moving to a 24 hour Night Phase, 48 hour Day Phase once this phase ends.

will also post this at day end, cause I'm a gentleman like that.

Sawneeks

Banned
No comment, Burb?

You town read me in that game. For the others (and possibly Splinter as well :p ) that was my last game as scum, Danny Phantom was my first.

Can I ask why you keep asking people how they read you? :x

You did it with Crab too and I don't really understand why other than it plays against how you said you played Scum earlier ( where you are too hesitant to ask people how they feel about you ) .

We got a read list from Quantum, then Castamere, then Kryptik.

It's really weird for all three to be scum, but if one scum thinks it's a good idea he might have told the others. I don't think Scum!Burb would like it though.

Agreed. I could see a new Scum player following the lead of a veteran and copying the reads list but having 3 Scum players all make a reads list seems unlikely.

Burbeting

Banned
No comment, Burb?

I have already commented on the suspicions people have on me on previous days. Today and yesterday I tried to point out how suspicious CCS and Kryptikjoker's acting was, yet nobody seems to care. It was almost tragically funny how Kryptik referred my little list as "reads", when I had done a real reads yesterday already, and quoted them again today. I'm too frustrated to really say anything further, but I guess there's post-game for that, since the game will most likely end today.

Ty4on

Can I ask why you keep asking people how they read you? :x

You did it with Crab too and I don't really understand why other than it plays against how you said you played Scum earlier ( where you are too hesitant to ask people how they feel about you ) .
Post game thoughts and previous experiences from older games. The best read I had in Heist was my scum read on Splinter for his weak sauce scum read of me. Conversely I town read Flux who started the bandwagon. The read itself wasn't the issue, the motivation was.

In mini mafia I was completely wrong and pocketed by Sorian so I got cautious of reads like his:
So what is this now? 4-4 Sky and Ty4on? So we aren't extremely surprised here, I'm voting Sky if we come down to that, I'm not seeing scum Ty4on here. Sky is more likely if not my first choice. My first is fluctuating between cabot and melon. I'll change to this though for now.

VOTE: melonrabbit

The penalty for being wrong is a lost less with melon than it is with cabot considering that cabot seems to get his content in well enough.

And this was the closest I got to reading him correctly.
*To Sorian*
I've been wanting to ask you this, but what made you town read (or lean) Sky when you entered the game?
Afterwards I realized how bad that read of me was and how agitated he got when I prodded him about that town read. I also got worried that I was so quick to feel good about Sorian because he town read me.

He had like Splinter just entered the game and was able to town read me in no time. Townies usually have less precise reads of me. I don't remember any actually town reading me base on tone, but mostly doing stuff a scum probably wouldn't and being engaged.

Ty4on

Agreed. I could see a new Scum player following the lead of a veteran and copying the reads list but having 3 Scum players all make a reads list seems unlikely.
It does also make good sense for a townie to post in between. "Oh townies are doing it? Great timing for me to post one as well."

I think most would feel uncomfortable posting pretty much the same post as their two mates when no townies had done the same.

Top Bottom