• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Dax01 said:
Mods need to close the "Portal 2 THIS FRIDAY?" thread. There's no reason for people to keep posting in it.

Yeah that'd probably be best, keep the ARG thread open of course, we just need this thread and the ARG thread.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm like a few years late to the party. I had The Orange Box, but never touched Portal. I started it last night and completed it today. It's incredible, so addictive and thought-provoking. I already feel like going through it again but Dragon Age II came today... (I know, I know).

I'll definitely be getting this as soon as I get some spare money.

Oh crap, I just discovered there is 1 gig of space left on my 128GB OS SSD.

There is still 3 gig of the Portal 2 download to go... fak!!

nilbog21 said:
when are they unlocking it on steam? :eek:

If the speculation is true... in a little over an hour. Of course, there might be one more Portal for us to jump through first before we can actually play.

traveler

Not Wario
Welp, glad I didn't give in and buy the steam version. Went to play through Portal 1 in anticipation and my computer keeps getting a black screen with random purple triangles radiating out of the center after about 20 minutes of it running just fine. Sound still works, I'm still playing as far as I can tell, but I can't see anything. Tried updating drivers; didn't fix it. Tried HL2; same problem. Tried TF2; same problem. Guess I'll be playing through on PS3 :/

traveler said:
Welp, glad I didn't give in and buy the steam version. Went to play through Portal 1 in anticipation and my computer keeps getting a black screen with random purple triangles radiating out of the center after about 20 minutes of it running just fine. Sound still works, I'm still playing as far as I can tell, but I can't see anything. Tried updating drivers; didn't fix it. Tried HL2; same problem. Tried TF2; same problem. Guess I'll be playing through on PS3 :/

Sounds like your video card is overheating.

traveler

Not Wario
gregor7777 said:
Sounds like your video card is overheating.

Yeah, the fan sounds like it's running at full all the time now. It's no different sounding when I'm playing a game and when I'm just browsing the internet. No idea how to fix it. I'm hoping to get a new computer in the next month or so, so I'm not too bothered, but I would have preferred to have gotten to play Portal 2 on PC.

traveler said:
Yeah, the fan sounds like it's running at full all the time now. It's no different sounding when I'm playing a game and when I'm just browsing the internet.

Try getting some compressed air and cleaning out your case. particularly around the video card and its fan. Make sure all your case fans and such are still working.

TouchMyBox said:
Run some ccleaner in that heezy.

I just un-installed COD BLOPS and COD MW2 as I haven't been playing them. Next one to go will be Crysis 2 (but I play that, I'll just be moving it off the SSD).

Sgt.Pepper said:
Pre-loading...2 hours 36 minutes to finish. I haven't felt this hyped since Brawl came out.

I've got 40 mins to go, it'll finish just about right on when the count down finishes :D

I'm also so hype, but I've managed to calm myself down a bit. I did it by thinking about how fucken SHATTERED I will be if the game doesn't release early tonight and I can't have that expectation, so will not expect it to release tonight (god the thought of it not coming tonight still hurts... I'm all geared up to spend the weekend playing through it).

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Well I'ma stay in this thread anyway. Got a buddy coming to pick me up on his way back from work in aboout 20 minutes, gonna pop to the booze store, grab some snacks, and be back in time for the countdown to smack zero.

BRING ON THE AWESOME GABE, MY BODY COULD NOT BE MORE READY.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Kyaw said:
If you do get the game in one hour from Steam, please dont spoil it for us amazon peeps... :(

there will probably be a Portal 2 spoiler thread like every other big game gets

Isn't it still sound advice to run the OS and select few programs from the SSD, and games and media from a bigger traditional hard drive?

Kyaw

D4Danger said:
there will probably be a Portal 2 spoiler thread like every other big game gets

Good good, still pretty sad that i wont be able to play as soon as it comes out.
Damn financial problems!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Kyaw said:
Good good, still pretty sad that i wont be able to play as soon as it comes out.
Damn financial problems!

i'm bailing out as soon as it's released.

I've managed to avoid everything about Portal 2 so far but I just know somebody will mess up a spoiler tag or some shit and ruin it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Kyaw said:
Damn financial problems!

Add me on steam mang ( added you as a friend under the name CorkyGaf )

blamite said:
I suppose I could use a Portal-ified avatar. Maybe someone would be kind enough to give my Spartan a portal gun to play with?

Latest Avatar Done.

gaf-avatar-portalised7m9s.png

Gave your guy a Portal Gun.

Also added the logo for extra 'percep'tionism' or something lol

Corky

Kyaw said:
I see nothing. :(

Go to your friendslist or something xD I have no idea how this works. All I know is I added someone named Kyaw to my list

heyf00L

This has been an awesome ride. I only own Audiosurf so I'm stuck at a paltry 3 potatoes.

Also, I have 4 assignments due next week, so releasing the game a week early actually has a detrimental effect on me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tesseract said:
you probably would. and that's why he runs valve.

I bet whenever a visitor asks him about Episode Three, he throws a knife around to himself and the question is quickly forgotten. :p

Actually, that's probably Lombardi. Gabe seems like the sharing type.

Corky

Kyaw said:
Holy crap, Corky gifted me Portal 2 on Steam!

Thank you so much dude! :D

The gift is rigged to explode, unless it unlocks in 22minutes...

dun dun dun

<3

Now, I know the Co-op campaign takes place after the single player campaign, but you guys don't think it'll have any major spoilers for the single player, do you? Since I'm getting the PS3 version, I planned on playing single player on PC and co-op split screen on PS3. I wouldn't ruin the single player for myself if I play that first, while the PC version downloads?

Corky

You're all fools, the lot of you! Let the cynicism take over you and turn you into an old crummy hag like me.

11 minutes

left

Top Bottom