• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, nice little troll by Valve.

But I guess this means that Portal 2 could launch any time between now and "official" release, huh? Guess I'll have to fire up the Potato Pack games I have when I get home.

derFeef said:
It's getting closer!
But one question, why are there still several Portal 2 threads, there is this wonderful OT where we can share our excitement. Skimming two (three) thread is not fun.

prepare for unforeseen consequences!

Was I right or was I right about the 'raw power' type thing needed to unlock the game...

Fucking annoying BS... :(

I bought the Steam version early and everything... dammit, that is mega trolled!

corto-portalejge.png

Here is Corto's avatar.

hamchan

Zeliard said:
Expect we're getting early access to a full game instead of some trailer.

Yep, that's why I just said "remind" instead of "exactly".

(I was fine with the BF3 thing and I'm fine with this btw)

Well played Valve, well played.

Zeliard

Haha I don't know what people are getting so worked up about. They've likely been timing it the entire time to release sometime tonight, not necessarily during the day. That's certainly when I was expecting it, rather than the instant that countdown ended.

1.People convince themselves of an early release.

2.Confirm an early release, just not quite as early as expected.

3.People get reeeeeally angry.

4.????????

5.Portal 2 sells millions.

Ifrit

Well time to play some Super Meat Boy and probably the new Amnesia expansion if I'm feeling like I'm a bad enough dude to do it

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What? people really hating on this? I thought it was a fantastic idea and we can get the game early so let's go to work!

So what has to happen to get these to unlock? I only have defense grid and amnesia. If all we have to do is play the games that's fine with me, good excuse to finally man up and play amnesia, but if we have to do certain things....I'm feeling pretty lazy today.

Not that it matters to me, I have portal 2 paid off on Amazon :(

Aeana

Oh, so there was a countdown that led to Valve telling people to do what they were already doing before. Cool.

This whole early launch is confusing as hell. The Potato Sack ARG shit doesn't make sense to a casual observer - to hardcore fans dissecting every piece of information maybe, but not to someone who just wants to read "if you buy this, you get it early".

The entire internet has to band together for this glorious occasion, from forums, to news sites. I love it. Each game has a quota so that means there has to be coordination involved like we never seen in pc gaming before. We are talking hundreds of thousands of people, perhaps even millions.

The next-generation has arrived, and it is called PC.

Emitan

I'm at work so I can't visit any of the links or see pictures. What's happening? Everyone needs to run something to get the game early?

Sn4ke_911 said:
What? people really hating on this? I thought it was a fantastic idea and we can get the game early so let's go to work!

People have a ridiculious sense of entitlement. Valve puts a lot of work in creating a fun ARG to promo their game. If people contribute, they get the game early. Totally optional. People can wait until release if they don't want to contribute.

And yet people bitch.

So, my copy of Portal 2 is still pre-installing.

How do I know what games need to be played from the Potato Sack the most?

I bought the pack last week, so I already have it.

Nevermind, I found it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
EternalGamer said:
People have a ridiculious sense of entitlement. Valve puts a lot of work in creating a fun ARG to promo their game. If people contribute, they get the game early. Totally optional. People can wait until release if they don't want to contribute.

And yet people bitch.

Exactly.

Goddamnit, i really want to buy The Potato Sack collection but i don't have a credit card...

Top Bottom