• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Ponti

shagg_187 said:
So... Do we know exactly how many CPUs need to be running or how many people do you need to play each game simultaneously?
I'm guessing the total number of CPU's doesn't matter that much (as the bar will always be filling up), but the more there are the faster it'll go.

Bk1bs.gif

In my opinion people should really just focus on getting the easy potatoes now instead of the games. There is not even players online to boast that right now

Easy patatoe - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nelipot?

Once a mass play session of teh games is organized (on Twitter/Steamboard/Facebook) then everyone should file on.

High potatoe combo and a large influx of simultaneous players = huge success

Emitan

Keyser Soze said:
In my opinion people should really just focus on getting the easy potatoes now instead of the games. There is not even players online to boast that right now

Easy patatoe - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nelipot?

Once a mass play session of teh games is organized (on Twitter/Steamboard/Facebook) then everyone should file on.

High potatoe combo and a large influx of simultaneous players = huge success
I don't trust anyone who can't spell potato.

clav

Sn4ke_911 said:
It's Rising.

Hey so. Where's the URL for the potato in individual accounts?

claviertekky said:
Yeah I joined the group when he first mentioned it. I know that. Stop dodging my question.

I'm asking where the potato counter is for my account. Is that for the overall counter or the 16/32 potato counter? Read the post you linked me. Where's my potato for the account? Give me a URL for that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Either Valve are going to have to dramatically cut down the required calculations/CPUs or people are just not going to bother. It's going up and people have been joining games like crazy for the past half hour.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
claviertekky said:
Hey so. Where's the URL for the potato in individual accounts?

I'm not dodging you. I just don't know what the fuck you mean. You did not get a potato? restart steam. Sorry man i really don't know what you mean.

Edit: Oh wait, the counter... i believe he means the potato counter on the GLaDOS site.

http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/

Barrett2

JaseC said:
Either Valve are going to have to dramatically cut down the required calculations/CPUs or people are just not going to bother. It's going up and people have been joining games like crazy for the past half hour.
It will probably skyrocket this evening. Most people are at work / school in the US right now.

Jex

lawblob said:
It will probably skyrocket this evening. Most people are at work / school in the US right now.
Yeah, it's far too early to call how fast it's going to fill. It hasn't even been up that long. Just because everyone here was following minute-by-minute doesn't mean that the rest of the world was quick.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
lawblob said:

yep, strongly considering going home...STRONGLY.

clav

Sn4ke_911 said:
I'm not dodging you. I just don't know what the fuck you mean. You did not get a potato? restart steam. Sorry man i really don't know what you mean.

Edit: Oh wait, the counter... i believe he means the potato counter on the GLaDOS site.

http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/
No I didn't get the potato. Nothing's changed in my account. Everyone knows about the site counter. Are you guys equating the potato as a cookie as a joke and spamming a group for invites?

Did I just get trolled?

mandiller

Here's a thought. If enough people make Portal 2 unlock early, will that mean Australians and Europeans will get it early too? It's due out on Thursday for us. We'd get it hella early.

Sn4ke_911

claviertekky said:
No I didn't get the potato. Nothing's changed in my account. Everyone knows about the site. Are you guys equating the potato as a cookie as a joke?

Did I just get trolled?

restart steam

Sn4ke_911

mandiller said:
Here's a thought. If enough people make Portal 2 unlock early, will that mean Australians and Europeans will get it early too? It's due out on Thursday for us. We'd get it hella early.

Oh i sure think so. If that only counts for americans then ....why the hell i'm helping? :p

clav

Sn4ke_911 said:
restart steam
Just did.

Which tab do I look under? Library? Store? Community? News? Account?

All I see is stuff like Wallet Balance in account. Nothing about potato counter.

Sn4ke_911

claviertekky said:
Just did.

Which tab do I look under? Store? Community? News? Account?

All I see is stuff like Wallet Balance in account. Nothing about potato counter.

Look at your profile. The potato should be on the right side of your avatar.

mandiller said:
Hmm. Maybe I've misread it. It says April 20, which is Wednesday. 3 days and 21 hours. Which is the same time frame as the GlaDOS page.

Don't mind me.

But on the front page does anything pop up saying to play potato sack games in order to help Portal 2 get released early?

If it does, I'm pretty sure you guys will get it.

Sn4ke_911

DoctorWho said:
But on the front page does anything pop up saying to play potato sack games in order to help Portal 2 get released early?

If it does, I'm pretty sure you guys will get it.

Yeah this should be on the front page.

UAga5.png

Corto

Just wanted to show off my new avatar courtesy of the colonialraptor. Thank you very much mate! I couldn't send a PM to thank you as you as a junior aren't allowed to receive them... So, Thank you ;) HUGE SUCCESS

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
asdfiqhtngpksjyessssssssssss

No more Steam store issues, was able to buy the two-pack for my friend and me. Dat P2 is mine.

kswiston

Corto said:
Just wanted to show off my new avatar courtesy of the colonialraptor. Thanks you very much mate! I couldn't send a PM to thank you as you as a junior aren't allowed to receive them... So, Thank you ;) HUGE SUCCESS

Juniors can receive PMs. I've had juniors PM me to get in on Steam 2/4/8-packs.

Unfortunately, I think colonialraptor got himself banned in the ARG thread...

Corto

kswiston said:
Juniors can receive PMs. I've had juniors PM me to get in on Steam 2/4/8-packs.

Unfortunately, I think colonialraptor got himself banned in the ARG thread...

That's it... I didn't even noticed his banned tag... :( Well, thank you very much all the same colonialraptor wherever you are.

AcridMeat

Banned
One of the guys making awesome avatars in this thread, ColonialRaptor got a perma-ban without warning. He said a few people were expecting avatars still, I'll post 'em when he has them.

edit: One for Zerokku
pikachuspy-portal5xqb.png

Lostconfused said:
The ARG thread is still perfectly valid, the releasing this Friday one really aught to go.
That's the one I'm talking about. It doesn't have a point anymore.

Edit: Why did Colonialraptor get banned? I've been posting in the ARG thread and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

J-Rod

Sgt.Pepper said:
That's the one I'm talking about. It doesn't have a point anymore.

Edit: Why did Colonialraptor get banned? I've been posting in the ARG thread and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
When the conditions of the early release were revealed, he called the situation gay or more specifically "GHEY".

JKTrix

Was a little disappointed that I couldn't help out in this thing (pre-purchasing Portal took the last of my spare cash), but then I remembered I bought Audiosurf yeeeeaarrs ago.

And then I loaded up and tried to play a game, and... GLaDOS hijacked it.

"Interesting song choice. You must have had good taste in music.... a long time ago. Now redirecting you to the appropriate song for this test."

If all the other potato games have Portal interventions like this, it might have tempted me to buy them all (if I had the spare cash).

Emitan

JKTrix said:
Was a little disappointed that I couldn't help out in this thing (pre-purchasing Portal took the last of my spare cash), but then I remembered I bought Audiosurf yeeeeaarrs ago.

"Interesting song choice. You must have had good taste in music.... a long time ago. Now redirecting you to the appropriate song for this test."

If all the other potato games have Portal interventions like this, it might have tempted me to buy them all (if I had the spare cash).
Holy crap that's awesome. Reinstalling Audiosurf.

JKTrix said:

Killing Floor got a new Aperture Science map. Amnesia got a new campaign funded by Aperture Science. I think there is more, too.

AcridMeat

Banned
Billychu said:
You can't call something "GHEY"/gay/whatever. It's even specifically listed in the brand new FAQ.

I understand that. But the fact he had one slip when he's been contributing in positive ways to the forum overall, it's harsh. I'd rather not be critical of a mod's decision though.

On topic, I just played Audiosurf as well. The song that played when GLaDOS took over was really good!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
gregor7777 said:
Killing Floor got a new Aperture Science map. Amnesia got a new campaign funded by Aperture Science. I think there is more, too.
Yeah, most of the games got Portal-themed maps.

The Ball is pretty cool since it merges both aesthetics.

OK, has anyone here:

1) Not played Portal 1

and

2) Has a capable PC

and

3) Would be willing to play it this weekend or whatever and post their thoughts? (basically not add it to a giant collection to go unplayed)

and

4) and wants a free copy?

First to quote this with your Steam profile.

Sent

The Portal map in Killing Floor is pretty cool. Also that audiosurf thing was cool, even the ship was a portal gun lol

Top Bottom