• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 - Peer Review |OT| its been a looooong time, but my time is finally near

syllogism

"mp_coop_lobby_3"
"mp_coop_separation_1"
"mp_coop_tripleaxis"
"mp_coop_catapult_catch"
"mp_coop_2paints_1bridge"
"mp_coop_paint_conversion"
"mp_coop_bridge_catch"
"mp_coop_laser_tbeam"
"mp_coop_paint_rat_maze"
"mp_coop_paint_crazy_box"

Exuro

Looks like no new achievements. Speaking of which, is there a way to view them in game on PC? Didn't see the option to, had to go through community.

Blizzard

Banned
angelfly said:
No new SP maps means I can safely ignore this. I really hope the other new content is MP focused.
If you're ignoring multiplayer content, why do you want more multiplayer-focused content?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Exuro said:
Looks like no new achievements. Speaking of which, is there a way to view them in game on PC? Didn't see the option to, had to go through community.

Open the Steam Overlay.

So this is live on the PC and Xbox 360 but is the PS3 version out? Steam updated for me but the "Download Free DLC" link on the PS3 version's main menu just locks up the game for me. =/

JaseC

Exuro said:
That's the same thing as the community.

The point being that opening the overlay and clicking "View all achievements" is the best you can do.

Tucah

you speak so well
TenshiOni said:
So this is live on the PC and Xbox 360 but is the PS3 version out? Steam updated for me but the "Download Free DLC" link on the PS3 version's main menu just locks up the game for me. =/

Probably won't be up until the store updates later today.

Tomodachi

So, is people already cheating or is it actually possible to complete rooms in 0 seconds?

Come on Valve, you could have thought of some way to avoid the gaussian distribution to be totally screwed up by dickheads. This reminds me of Audiosurf.

MNC

Have an "Art Therapy" thing under Co-op levels that's completely locked :O Will have to unlock with a mate tomorrow!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Color me disappointed by the challenge modes. I thought it would be similar to Portal 1 where you had a medal system and three different types of challenges per map, not a straight time attack and fewest portal challenge.

Don't care much for speedrunning Portal and I never got split-screen to work on my PC. I've no desire to play co-op without that so it seems like this is a pass for me :[

foxdvd

I just loaded up the dlc to see what it is about...can't play till my bud gets on...

It has a part of the main coop hub open up on the right...you have to portal over to it...and then hit two coop switches...

You and your partner are sucked into a long tunnel into a new area...once you load up the new test area you can start the new maps..

There is new voice work by GLaDOS...

I have no idea how many levels it is...I turned it off at that point, but it might be about as long as one coop test chamber...so 5-7 levels maybe? 30 min to an hour?

Scipius

Disappointed with the single player challenge mode. I'm sure speedrunning Portal 2 can be fun in itself, but the first Portal had a much more elaborate challenge mode.

Do the leaderboards remind anyone else of those from SpaceChem?

Salsa

Kyaw said:
So wait, it's not actually new COOP maps or anything?

Just challenge modes on existing maps?

Challenge mode is speed running the current game (for now, im sure more maps will come down the line), but there's new co-op content.

Bit disappointing, still free.

MNC

How is the DLC disappointing when you get what you were told to get. If Valve said there would be singleplayer content coming, it will come at a later date.

StuBurns

Banned
MNC said:
How is the DLC disappointing when you get what you were told to get. If Valve said there would be singleplayer content coming, it will come at a later date.
Maybe because the Challenge Maps in Portal were way better.

So is there a way to get split screen on PC or no?

I did the vanilla co-op with my girlfriend on PS3, but the performance was shit. I'll do it again if I have to with this, but I'd rather do it on PC.

Uriah

Foliorum Viridum said:
So is there a way to get split screen on PC or no?

I did the vanilla co-op with my girlfriend on PS3, but the performance was shit. I'll do it again if I have to with this, but I'd rather do it on PC.

Yes you can, but it's kind of complicated. Wish Valve would add official support.

StuBurns

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Because that extra money went on our 360 and Wii! :p
I don't know what you mean. You have Portal 2 on PC and PS3, why not just have your gf play on PS3 and you play on PC?

Nizz

One of the funniest official threads I've read (the opening post I mean) :D Was hoping for more single player DLC to be honest. I really loved Portal 2. I have all the single player trophies for this.

StuBurns said:
I don't know what you mean. You have Portal 2 on PC and PS3, why not just have your gf play on PS3 and you play on PC?
Oh I thought you were joking about buying a second system, haha.

I thought that was impossible? People said it was when the game first came out.

JaseC

Foliorum Viridum said:
Oh I thought you were joking about buying a second system, haha.

I thought that was impossible? People said it was when the game first came out.

Nope. Cross-platform play between PS3 and PC/Mac has always been possible. It's one of the drawing cards of Steamworks on the PS3.

Edit: Clarity.

Top Bottom