• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portland (OR) |OT|

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Went to Casa De Diablo yesterday for a friend's birthday. Quite the experience. Got the DJ to play some 90s music for shits and giggles. It has two stripper poles connected by a catwalk in the middle, seating around the stage and at the stage itself, girls who aren't on stage but working in other capacities are walking around topless. Pretty crazy and fun. I had to take a picture of this wallpaper though in the bathroom, the hell:

They just might have the best looking girls in town (and a good variety of them), but their lapdances are ridiculously overpriced.

I went to Rose City Comic Con last weekend and was pleasantly surprised at the small size and warm atmosphere :) People were so nice! And I got a photo with Jewel Staite <3 <3 Did anyone else get to go?

Wasn't that small. 17k showed up over the 2 day :)

I'll be running the trivia at Retro Gaming this Saturday. Still, pound-for-pound, my favorite of all the geek-focused conventions that come through Portland.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just make sure to take your own $1 bills as the ATM will only give you $2 bills.

Also I love how the default withdraw options at the ATM are $100 - $200 - $400 - $1000.

Just make sure to take your own $1 bills as the ATM will only give you $2 bills.

Also I love how the default withdraw options at the ATM are $100 - $200 - $400 - $1000.

Yeah. Place is cool in some ways and pretty bullshit in others. It's more crazy than Sassys so it can make for a more fun night. Sassys is still my fav though. Also I think our group brought in the most girls of the night.

Wasn't that small. 17k showed up over the 2 day :)

I'll be running the trivia at Retro Gaming this Saturday. Still, pound-for-pound, my favorite of all the geek-focused conventions that come through Portland.

SEVENTEEN THOUSAND PEOPLE? Are you KIDDING me? I... had no idea. Wow. They're gonna be expanding exponentially at this point! Oh gawd I hope I get to see the same people next year that I met this year...

I'll definitely try to stop into the Retro Gaming Expo this weekend. I did check out the booth at RCCC and the people were super nice :) I'd love to be able to play some old games I don't have access to. Almost makes me wish I was an older gamer :\

Cat Party

I'm gonna try to take my 8 year old to RGE. I think she'll like it. I went to PAX and it was far too busy for my liking. I'm hoping this is more relaxed.

Doombear

I'm gonna try to take my 8 year old to RGE. I think she'll like it. I went to PAX and it was far too busy for my liking. I'm hoping this is more relaxed.

My 9 year old daughter had a blast last year. Of course she got sidetracked by the big anime/manga booth where she wanted to buy everything. Was definitely pretty relaxed, easy to move around in. I would say it is predominantly sellers, so if you are looking for that gem you can never find it is a good place to go.

Of course is it is more than just that, but that is what it largely felt like to me last year... what with Video Game Wizards big ol tent and their CoD Jeep out in front =P

Dartastic

GUY FIERI HAS OFFICIALLY GONE TO EIDELWEISS AND PUT HIS BIG ASS UGLY MUG IN THE FORM OF A POSTER IN THE DELI. GODDAMNIT. I FUCKING HATE GUY FIERI.
LLShC.gif

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I'm at the retro expo. It's pretty cool. Watching someone play Megaman 2. ^^

Sydney and I spent the day there. :D Wound up taking some N64/PS1/Dreamcast games, he got a shirt (and cat ears), we both got NES/USB controllers (forgetting that nearly every game we have on Steam requires more inputs :x), and we actually scored pretty decently on the Geek Trivia thing. (32 out of 40. I think 40 was perfect.)

Good way to spend the day, all in all. :3 Now we should actually... play the games we got.

Bob White

Hey, from Socal and looking to buy a house in Astoria. Finding some really good deals on zillow and was wondering does anyone know the deal about Astoria. Like, it is super red state type shit up there because it's not a big city? Any "Yeah, Astoria sucks. Dont ever go there." stories?

I know it's not Portland but any info from fellow gaffers in that area would be much appreciated.

Dartastic

Anyone know of anyone hiring? I'm getting really sick of my job and want to move onto something a bit more challenging. I'm looking towards project management/marketing, and I have an MBA. Any leads/tips/whatever would be appreciated.

I wish I knew more about business to run a start-up business of some sort. Start selling video games or music or something. Because I'm unemployed still. And I gotta make money, money, money.

Dartastic

Tim Kasher makes me want to go back and nerd out like a 15 year old listening to old Saddle Creek records. I think I'm going to do that. I'll also be at 442 on Sunday watching the Timbers game. Rah.

I stopped in Portland on Friday afternoon for lunch on the way down to Eugene. The Cuban sandwich at Bunk was good as always, and had a bottle of Matt over at Hair of the Dog. Good times.

I just applied to a few places such as Best Buy, Toys R Us, GameStop...I'm actually desperate now because I don't really want to be doing more unpaid work, and I just signed up for an unpaid work assessment. So hopefully I will get a job soon in Greater Portland, west side.

MikeDown

Banned
Just got back from a Moody Blues concert at the Keller Center, it was really great. Not just the concert but night life and such before and afterwards. Except for being in Starlight parade I haven't really been in downtown Portland at night, really something I want to experience more.

xxracerxx

Some homegrown Portland stupidity.

This was posted by a local ad agency here in Portland. This is what their employees wore to work and they thought it was a good idea to do it AND to post it? Jesus fuck.

f7vb80h.png

What the fuck?

Some homegrown Portland stupidity.

This was posted by a local ad agency here in Portland. This is what their employees wore to work and they thought it was a good idea to do it AND to post it? Jesus fuck.

f7vb80h.png

What the fuck?

Viral spore cloud is what we call this in the industry. Promotions for everyone!

I just applied to a few places such as Best Buy, Toys R Us, GameStop...I'm actually desperate now because I don't really want to be doing more unpaid work, and I just signed up for an unpaid work assessment. So hopefully I will get a job soon in Greater Portland, west side.

Quoting myself. The work assessment was a crock of shit. Haven't heard back from the other retailers I applied yet. Want to apply at the Apple store again maybe, I applied there once a few years ago.

How old are you and what's your schooling? I just checked USAJOBS and there's a few places hiring right now for positions with no Federal experience.
I'm 26 with a bachelor of arts degree. There is this one library job I have to do some paperwork for, I wanted to work in retail though. I guess I should follow through with that and see of it's for reals.

sharbhund

My parents are coming to visit in a few weeks, and I'm looking for ideas for a restaurant to take them to on Thanksgiving. It doesn't need to be super-classy or even a traditional Thanksgiving meal, I'm just trying to figure out something that would be open that day, and also fun. Any suggestions?

I'm considering a move. My lease is up at the end of the month. Need somewhere a little cheaper hopefully. Pretty much anywhere in the area if anyone has any suggestions. Just checking.

xxracerxx

I'm considering a move. My lease is up at the end of the month. Need somewhere a little cheaper hopefully. Pretty much anywhere in the area if anyone has any suggestions. Just checking.

Need to post where you live now and how much rent is for you now since we don't know what cheaper means.

Need to post where you live now and how much rent is for you now since we don't know what cheaper means.

Well I might be moving to southern California. The weather is better there, so that's a plus, but I would be in a mental health program, which is not the greatest thing in the world.

I live in Lake Oswego near I-5 just south of PCC Sylvania, and I pay 885 + utilities. I get SSI to pay some of that. (It's a 1 bedroom apt.)

Top Bottom