• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post New Pics of Yourself 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
EWPiWgb.jpg

I guess this is the latest picture I've got. Testing out the 3DS camera, so...

As a fellow AC player, I admit that I usually don't know what to do around other people when I visit their towns. It's like waiting for your host to summon someone in Dark Souls all over again...
One step further. I feel super awkward talking to their townspeople. I like it, but then they ask me things like how is their town compared to mine, and I freeze. I can't handle talking bad about my friends! If there were emotes it might be better. :S

Then I fish and leave.

Nice poster by the way.

Tash

<3

I had to dress up a little bit for a presentation at school today, which went well!

992996_2102488358670_959090404_n.jpg

cheesin w/ cat

D'aawwwwwwww. I'll be spamming cat pics once we get ours :D

Need to ask the Limbo guy why, oh why, did he add that laser level stuff. Ugh.

Heh, can do.

Add me AC peeps. I need fruits and a net.

1607 - 2148 - 2258

Same thing happens to me! I feel awkward or like people are bored around me. :p

Hey we're posting on GAF so we must be getting over it somehow right? :)

Added yous.

2836 0201 5411

Will add you guys tomorrow. It's not available until tomorrow here in Europe :(

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Like many others here, my number one fear is social contact.

Number two is bread mold.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Just trim the mould off, you'll be right ;)

But if there's mold on the outside I can see, there might be mold on the inside I can't see, or mold that's too small to see.

NinjaBoiX

AC is something like farmville right?
I don't know, but I find it confusing. It's getting rave reviews, but it looks like the most banal thing ever. I think you just kind of exist, mooch around, plant some seeds, I dunno.

I get the feeling it's like free roam on GTA, but instead of beating up hookers and shooting cops, you make friends with the townsfolk and pick apples and stuff.

AC is something like farmville right?

At some point they realized they didn't want to add in good mechanics because that would mean it required skills beyond that of a Rhesus monkey with brain trauma. In its place, they started adding more and more useless Facebook-game busywork to break up the tedium of its flashy but extremely shallow core gameplay.

Tash

I don't know, but I find it confusing. It's getting rave reviews, but it looks like the most banal thing ever. I think you just kind of exist, mooch around, plant some seeds, I dunno.

I get the feeling it's like free roam on GTA, but instead of beating up hookers and shooting cops, you make friends with the townsfolk and pick apples and stuff.

I keep staring at your avatar. Who is she? Totally love that pic.

NinjaBoiX

I keep staring at your avatar. Who is she? Totally love that pic.
Hayley Williams. She fronts Paramore, they're a pop punk band aimed at 14 year old girls and 30 year old man children. They're a guilty pleasure of mine, which has nothing to do with her, honestly.

I rotate a few different ones. I'm not a huge fan of this pic to be honest, she looks lovely of course, but it's a bit dull. Injurai made it for me out of nowhere, I figured I better show my appreciation!

Edit: Mutes is right, I have a properly pathetic schoolboy crush on this lady. She's awesome.

Tash

Looked her up. She is super cute. Totally makes me consider going for the red Punk Rock hair color.

The fake bang pictures are horrific though..

Also yeah, the music is too sugery for me. That's not punk :p

At some point they realized they didn't want to add in good mechanics because that would mean it required skills beyond that of a Rhesus monkey with brain trauma. In its place, they started adding more and more useless Facebook-game busywork to break up the tedium of its flashy but extremely shallow core gameplay.
<3

Hayley Williams. She fronts Paramore, they're a pop punk band aimed at 14 year old girls and 30 year old man children. They're a guilty pleasure of mine, which has nothing to do with her, honestly.

I rotate a few different ones. I'm not a huge fan of this pic to be honest, she looks lovely of course, but it's a bit dull. Injurai made it for me out of nowhere, I figured I better show my appreciation!

Edit: Mutes is right, I have a properly pathetic schoolboy crush on this lady. She's awesome.
thanks to you I kinda developed a thing for her too, she's really cute. but I'd rather stick to fugazi music-wise

NinjaBoiX

Looked her up. She is super cute. Totally makes me consider going for the red Punk Rock hair color.

The fake bang pictures are horrific though..

Also yeah, the music is too sugery for me. That's not punk :p
Yes, yes and yes.

Wifey material, her mini bangs look horrific, and the her band are saccharine as hell, especially the recent stuff. The latest single "Still Into You", man, that shit'll give you a cavity! Sounds like Taylor Swift or something.

But, in all seriousness, I honestly rate some of their early stuff as perfectly decent pop punk music. You should check out "Careful", still pop, but it won't rot your teeth.
thanks to you I kinda developed a thing for her too, she's really cute. but I'd rather stick to Fugazi music-wise
Bingo. I'd be lying if I said I don't get a kick out of them, but I'm into all kinds of stuff, I just like using her as an avy cos she's cute and very photogenic.

It sucks that avatars hold so much sway in terms of how people perceive you. On a few occasions, I've had my musical opinions dismissed outright due to being the "dude with the Paramore avatar".

Of course, one of those dudes had never heard of Curtis Mayfield, so you know, that kind of put things in perspective!

Tash

<3

thanks to you I kinda developed a thing for her too, she's really cute. but I'd rather stick to fugazi music-wise

Made me look up Fugazi - now THAT I like.
Funny thing though and convo I just had with my bf:
- Hey, do you know Fugazi? I Totally know you would like them
- Yes
- What?!
- I even got a CD

I never knew about the band and we normally have the same taste. He was into their old stuff and has not really checked out their new stuff though.

Still, funny co-incidence since I never heard of them before.

Re: feeling socially awkward. I was like that when I was younger. Before I got pushed into giving speeches, networking and meeting people for a living (which I totally love now). There is just something about gaming conferences and being around fellow geeks that makes me feel totally comfortable. So now I make a point out of trying to make whoever I talk to or introduce to someone or drag around with me to parties or to meet other people, feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible. It's a hobby ;)

NinjaBoiX

Tash, Faraquet is your next port of call. Check out "Cut Self Not" from "A View From This Tower". They're on the same label, and have a similar sound, albeit slightly more upbeat.

raindoc

I never knew about the band and we normally have the same taste. He was into their old stuff and has not really checked out their new stuff though.

unfortunately their "new stuff" is already 10 years old. a new album + tour is the one thing i'd be looking forward too most, music-wise.

NinjaBoiX

unfortunately their "new stuff" is already 10 years old. a new album + tour is the one thing i'd be looking forward too most, music-wise.
"The Argument" FTW. I love that record, "The Kill" is absolutely magic, and the end of the track "The Argument", where it totally shifts in tone, and gets all jubilant and euphoric, glorious stuff.

CPCunha

Why not make a bridge between worlds Ninja, Tash...
Check out The Evens... that's Ian MacKaye and Amy Farina's band... and they are maried which makes it even better. Their last record, called The Odds, is super awesome with them alternating on vocal duties.

Also, Medications is a really worth follow up to Faraquet.

...Maybe we should start a new thread for music recommendation? I'd love to get some hints!

AcridMeat

Banned
This is my first one. It is an extremely passive gave, which is a nice change of pace as a time killer. It's strangely entertaining at this point. You're right there are definitely simple improvements that could be made to make it so much better than it is.
Made me look up Fugazi - now THAT I like.
Funny thing though and convo I just had with my bf:
- Hey, do you know Fugazi? I Totally know you would like them
- Yes
- What?!
- I even got a CD

Still, funny co-incidence since I never heard of them before.
I think you should listen to End Hits, their album from 1998.

Also Pile and Pile and Pile

And Cloud Nothings

I will go on for hours so I'll stop there.

Oh right pics, Sai your outfit is nice I hope you did well. Looking good Plywood/Dany.

injurai

Banned

:3

AcridMeat

Banned
Wow that's Vancouver, very pretty. I need to get up there soon.

Ah makes sense then, hopefully you can soon! No need to thank humbugs you look good man!

Obligatory new hair colour post. :3 It's a dark blue/black colour now, but it's fading fast. :l
(lol @ snsd album and hyrule historia in the back)
RfE3hxp.jpg

dralla

holy shit guys, The Last Of US comes out today. I had no idea, I checked my email this morning and it's gonna be here today, thank you based Amazon

Pau

Oh also:
2552-1182-0961

(Acrid, Pau and Falling, I added you)
Added you back! :) What fruit did you get? I can bring you some since all my trees just gave fruit today!

Humbugs is my main man. I can almost forgive him for liking Tolkien. Almost.
And we can almost forgive you for not liking Tolkien. But never for not licking him. That's just bad manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom