• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post New Pics of Yourself 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Mmmm Lumia.

Is the 920 worth the dosh? I am having a hard time deciding between 620 and 920 because of the huge price difference.
Matters what you need. I had two prior WP7 phones, and depending on your usage, the lower resolution still looks decent. The design of the live tiles and most apps is pretty nice and crisp. So at least in terms of resolution, it matters what you do a lot of. If it's a lot of reading (web, RSS, etc) or video, then the extra resolution is worth it. If not, then I don't think it matters that much.

I can't really comment on performance though between the two. Obviously the 920 has the faster CPU/GPU, but if you aren't doing much gaming I don't think it matters. The OS is damn fast overall on any of the SoC's. One big different will be camera quality though, particularly in low light (and high db audio recording). That's one of the big draws for the 920 and why I went with it. Some of the other differences are the battery size and induction charging. Whether that's important is up to you.

Really the biggest (no pun intended) difference is size/weight. The 920 is a big phone - no bones about it. If you like the specs and features of it and are considering Verizon, you might want to wait on the Lumia 928. Basically the same phone as the 920, but lighter and a bit thinner.

Is that a Lumia 920?
yep

Christopher

IMG_0741_zps056e671b.jpg

my friend took this one

IMG_1101_zpsb6bccbd7.png

we are exhausted.

NinjaBoiX

My girlfriend actually used one of those clampy thingies on my eyelashes and cut them because she thought they were too long.

#jealousy
Joey: Hey, that hotel you stayed at last night called, said someone left an eyelash curler in your room.

Chandler: Um, yes, that was mine.

Joey: Oh, 'cos I figured you hooked up with some girl and she left it there.

Chandler: Yes, that would've made more sense.

Joey: I don't even feel like I know you anymore, OK? Look, I'm only going to ask you this one time, and whatever you say, I'll believe you. Were you, or were you not, on a gay cruise?

(sorry Squiddy, I'm a Friends nerd and it just came to me!)

Matters what you need.

Well I'm in Australia so Verizon doesn't exist. Ideally I'd want a higher res display packed into around 4", although I can deal with 4.5 probably. My current HTC Mozart is a bit shit for web browsing, no surprises there, although the biggest bottleneck on GAF seems to be massive GIF overload in Pics That Make You Laugh. The browser just crashes all the time when I scroll through that page.

Camera performance is definitely a plus. I might be going on a holiday at the end of the year and don't want to take a dedicated Camera if I can get away with a smartphone cam. Then again, it DOES still cost appoximately one trillion billion dollars to get a 920 without a contract (and I have no interest in a $60 contract or what not for 2 years; my usage is nowhere near high enough to warrant paying that much more).

Is there a new range of WP8 devices due out this year that might result in a 920 price drop?

MYE

lool I just found one of the older pics I posted here of myself (2011) in a search

http://i.imgur.com/zdMDq.jpg

Retarded hair aside (that I kinda miss tbh), I think I actually look quite a bit younger here...and in just 2 years.
Damn, I'm going downhill :/

So I've drawn the conclusion I own a lot of beanies... nerdy ones. I also have a Wampa hat and a Tanooki one that I got with SM3DL. And Nibblerrrrr. :3

ni4lbqh.jpg
qTLUNX6.jpg

So many adorable couples on this page. I hope you all have children, you could create a new master race.

In work uniform preparing for shift. Greyed out part of the logo.

Bonus shot of the manly mustache I never noticed before on the Australian $100 note.

Looking sharp!

I'd never noticed either. That's almost as cool as the old Hugh Grant the US has on their $20's.

Untrust Us

Neo Member
hor_zpsd24664.jpg

My cat just jumped onto my shoulders while I was at my compuder, scary shitt

acb.png

and this is one from last year when I was doing my level 2 First aid at college :D

Salazar

Think I tried to do some funky shit with my eyebrows but it just gave me an expression of indigestion.

My eyebrows, were they capable of speech, would ask me why I drank so much last night.

It's a mug's game drinking on a Saturday night in a town where they ring church bells all fucking Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom