• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PR) Nintendo Delivers a Bundle of Badass - Prime Bundle

Trevelyon

"REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 4, 2004--One of the toughest characters in the video game universe is about to become part of a powerful new package deal. Starting Aug. 15, Nintendo's Metroid(R) Prime Bonus Bundle gives consumers a Nintendo GameCube(TM) system and not one but two free discs. The first disc contains a complete version of the award-winning Metroid Prime game, while the bonus disc contains a playable demo version of the highly anticipated sequel, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes.

"Other companies sell their systems starting at $150," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "No one can match Nintendo's value as we offer a Nintendo GameCube and two free discs, all at an MSRP of just $99.99."

The great value of the bundle builds on the already-strong interest in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes and carries the enthusiasm into the holiday season. The bonus disc features a wealth of information about the Metroid franchise, such as:

-- an exclusive playable demo of Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

-- The Metroid Chronicle, an interactive history of the Metroid franchise

-- two Metroid Prime 2 Echoes cinematic trailers

-- a stunning Metroid Prime art gallery

And the whole bonus bundle comes in a Metroid-styled Nintendo GameCube packaging. This incredible value will be available only while supplies last.

Game enthusiasts who already own a Nintendo GameCube can get the bonus disc in one of two ways, while supplies last. The bonus disc can be obtained by purchasing a one-year subscription or renewal to Nintendo Power(R) magazine, the official print source for product-related updates and information. The second option allows "My Nintendo" members of Nintendo.com to obtain the bonus disc by registering a Nintendo GameCube system and five eligible software titles. Complete details for both options can be found at www.nintendopower.com/metroidprime2.

Metroid Prime remains one of the most adrenaline-soaked Nintendo GameCube titles of all time, with more than 1 million units sold. Metroid Prime was named the 2003 first-person action console action game of the year by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, and was named "Game of the Year" by GameSpot.com, GameSpy.com, IGN Cube.com and Planet GameCube.com.

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, set to launch Nov. 15, sends heroine Samus Aran to explore the dual Light and Dark sides of split-dimension planet Aether. The tension-packed first-person adventure features new power-ups, a new ammo system and special suit upgrades. And for the first time in the Metroid franchise, up to four players can battle against each other in multiplayer mode using all of Samus' unique powers and abilities. "

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/news/08/04/gcbundle_screen001.jpg

Grubdog

Banned
:O

I hope this bonus disk isn't exclusive to the US... bah, who am I kidding, there's no way i'll be able to get this in Australia. :(

MaddenNFL64

I only have 3 registered >:-(.

Double Dash
Crytal Chronicles
1080 Avalanche

What GBA games have the codes in them? I know Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga does. Maybe Zero Mission? I need to buy more GBA games anyway.

Arg.

I have 5 of those games, but I've already reg'd two for the Zelda disc. I don't suppose those would count towards this offer would they?

I don't plan to buy any of the other games on the list :(

cvxfreak

My games registered:

- Mario and Luigi RPG
- Metroid Zero Mission
- Mario Kart: Double Dash
- Mario Party 5
- Pokemon Colosseum
- Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
- Classic NES: Super Mario Bros.
- Classic NES: The Legend of Zelda
- Classic NES: Pacman
- Classic NES: Donkey Kong
- Classic NES: Excitebike
- GBA Video: Pokemon Vol. 1
- GBA Video: Pokemon Vol. 2

Victory!

EDIT: Forgot FSA, FFCC

23 games have the reg codes so far:

1. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
2. Mario Golf: Advance Tour
3. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
4. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
5. Mario Party 5
6. Metroid: Zero Mission
7. Pokémon Colosseum
8. Legend of Zelda, The: Four Swords Adventures
9. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
10. Classic NES Series: The Legend of Zelda
11. Classic NES Series: Pac-Man
12. Classic NES Series: Xevious
13. Classic NES Series: Excitebike
14. Custom Robo
15. Classic NES Series: Bomberman
16. 1080° Avalanche
17. Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong
18. Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros.
19. GBA Video: Pokémon - For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll!
20. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$
21. Classic NES Series: Ice Climber
22. GBA Video: Pokémon - Johto Photo Finish
23. Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games

All games that you have previously registered can be used for this ThirstyFly.

Yeah, I just noticed that on another page. Sweet. All I gotta do is add in Mario Party 5, Wario Ware GC and Metroid: Zero Mission and the disc shall be mine! Oh yes, it shall be mine!

Andy787

Banned
Yesss. I missed the Zelda disc last time, but I only have to register one more game for the Metroid disc, and I've got a $10 dollar off coupon for a lot of the Nintendo titles at Toys R Us, so looks like I'm finally going to get a nice freebie for once. :)

Deku Tree

All I had to do was point and click and ...

"Thank you!

You have successfully reserved your copy of the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc!

Shipping will begin on or after August 20, 2004. Please allow up to two weeks for delivery. You will receive an email when your disc has shipped."

Thank you 1080, Zero Mission, MK:DD!!, M&L:SS, LoZ:Four Swords!!

kiryogi

Banned
Got mine set!

Metroid: Zero Mission
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
1080 Avalanche
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Custom Robo
= Win!

Mrbob

Looks like I buy a Gamecube August 15. Platinum too, thankfully. I was worried Nintendo would have some Indigo stock left over and throw those in the bundle.

Deku Tree

Even though I'm ordering this bonus disk, I'm probably going to leave it unopened. I want to get the total surprise experience when playing the full Echoes game for the first time. I don't want to know too much ahead of schedule.

Deku Tree said:
Even though I'm ordering this bonus disk, I'm probably going to leave it unopened. I want to get the total surprise experience when playing the full Echoes game for the first time. I don't want to know too much ahead of schedule.

Man it's a 20 hours + game, even if you know the first 1 hour and half of MP2, it won't spoil you many things IMO.

Trevelyon

"And the whole bonus bundle comes in a Metroid-styled Nintendo GameCube packaging. This incredible value will be available only while supplies last."

mpeuropeboxin.jpg

Hopefully it'll be like the kick arse PAL bundle packaging. Too bad the Samus name plate won't be included. :p

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I wonder if the Metroid Chronicle is going to be cool, or just clips from old Metroid games thrown together, like the horrid History of Zelda on the Zelda Collector's Disc. I wanted cool interviews and concept art, damnit!

Deku Tree

human5892 said:
I wonder if the Metroid Chronicle is going to be cool, or just clips from old Metroid games thrown together, like the horrid History of Zelda on the Zelda Collector's Disc. I wanted cool interviews and concept art, damnit!

It'll probably be pretty comparable to the History of Zelda on the Collectors disk.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
nice. i have just enough games to qualify. er, not that i hugely care about prime 2. but it's FREE.

drohne

incidentally, "bundle of badass"? sorry, what? that's some embarrassing sub-xbox crap right there. sounds like the no-brow, simian influence of reginald fils-aimes has gotten at least as far as the pr department.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
drohne said:
incidentally, "bundle of badass"? sorry, what? that's some embarrassing sub-xbox crap right there. sounds like the no-brow, simian influence of reginald fils-aimes has gotten at least as far as the pr department.
Ah, let it go. I know it's pretty dumb-sounding, but it's what the kids like these days. </old man>

Also that packaging is ACE.

drohne

THAT REMAINS ONE OF THE MOST ADRENALINE-SOAKED GAME CONSOLE PACKAGING DESIGNS OF ALL TIME

what is "adrenaline soaked" even supposed to mean? now i really want a job writing pr copy.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
drohne said:
what is "adrenaline soaked" even supposed to mean? now i really want a job writing pr copy.
Well, I can only assume that they've harvested the adrenial glands from someone (maybe even Reggie himself, as he no doubt has at least 9 or 10 to spare) and stimulated them with electrodes to make them secrete adrenaline all over the packaging of this bundle, thus "soaking" it.

I'm not sure what benefit this directly has for the consumer, but I suspect it "pumps you up" in some way or another, and maybe even gets you ready for "kicking ass".

Deg

Banned
Its hot. Samus's design is an improvement over the last game.

-- an exclusive playable demo of Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
-- The Metroid Chronicle, an interactive history of the Metroid franchise
-- two Metroid Prime 2 Echoes cinematic trailers
-- a stunning Metroid Prime art gallery

Love the extras. I hope the trailers are good.

teiresias

Does anyone know if Costco would be putting this in their "bundle"?? If not, the Costco is still a better deal after buying Metroid: Prime (and if you can live without the demo disk and the extras). I think I'll still get that one, but it would be cool if Costco was able to use this.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Mine! After missing out on the Zelda disk I'm going to get another game today so I'll have 5 registered. What was lacking about the history of Zelda on it? Did they just throw something together?

Incidentally, a preowned Zelda disk costs 60 bucks on Gamestop.com.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Guileless said:
What was lacking about the history of Zelda on it? Did they just throw something together?
Yes, it was just footage of the games that you already have on the disk so you know what they look like. That's it. No commentary, no interviews, no extras of any kind.

It was tremendously disappointing, needless to say.

Top Bottom