• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

preposterous trade-in deals at gamerush

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm not sure if these have been posted before, but in any case they're ridiculous enough to post again:

you can get any preorder for $29.99 when you trade in two games for ps2, xbox, gamecube, or gba. and you also get whatever trade-in credit the games would normally fetch. this lasts until october 11th.

and they'll give you $15 in trade-in credit for stock xbox, gamecube, or ps2 controllers. this lasts "for a limited time" according to a flyer dated 9/21. i doubt whether controller trade-ins would apply to the preorder promotion, but it can't hurt to ask.

now, i have literally 5 dual shock 2's, as a consequence of owning two ps2's and getting a couple free controllers sent to me with refurbished systems. and at most i need one of them, since i have a logitech wireless pad and a mess of joysticks. i also have a load of shitty games i don't want, thanks to various ridiculous clearance sales. if i play this right, i'll get all the games i want this fall for free or close to it. i just traded in chronicles of riddick (crap) and the ps2 version of capcom vs. snk 2 (redundant) and got a donkey konga preorder for $10. it kinda rocks.

gamerush rules. I haven't stepped foot in that crusty old software ect. since it opened. MarioKartDD (which i got from GR for $9.99 to begin with)+ NCAA 2005=GTA San Andreas, with no extra $$$ out my wallet.

BeOnEdge

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
I'd love to take advantage of this deal, but I just can't give Blockbuster any of my money in good conscience.

same here. i hate blockbuster. i havent been there in over a year.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It's true. They've had insane deals since they opened, this being part two. I abused them all summer. I kept asking them if that was really the deal at first.

drohne

yeah, blockbuster is to decent video stores as kissinger was to cambodia, but cheap games are cheap games. if it makes you feel better you can put the games in your pants before you trade them in.

Musashi Wins! said:
It's true. They've had insane deals since they opened, this being part two. I abused them all summer. I kept asking them if that was really the deal at first.

i remember even the store's manager explained to a group of like 5 of us how he abused the deals to get an xbox.

drohne

yeah, they'll also give you $10 off a $50 game if you trade in anything. ps1 sports games, genesis sports games, nes edutainment titles. i've abused that as well.

Top Bottom