• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 |OT| Now with less proclamations of Kings returning

Keikoku said:
The demo was total crap. Or excellent if you consider this as an arcade game.

Seabass said a year or so ago that PES is not striving for realism like Fifa supposedly is

longdi said:
The new camera angle and field size looks good on PES11.

Fifa11 still has the tight cage of a field, cramped field and falling over physics makes too much ping ponging.

Do you have the game or did you just not know that you can adjust the height and zoom of the cameras in Fifa 11?

rvy

Banned
Bungieware said:
Do you have the game or did you just not know that you can adjust the height and zoom of the cameras in Fifa 11?
That's not nearly as good as you make it sound. There's only 2 actual options, Dynamic and Tele, and they're not great even if you make adjustments.
Broadcast also doesn't work as it should, I've watched the Premier League for years and there's not one match I remember that used the "Broadcast" camera that's in the game.

ty_hot

Again, was anyone able to play a South American x European match with clubs from the Taça Libertadores? Can't believe they got the Libertadores teams only to play with themselves.

rvy

Banned
ty_hot said:
Again, was anyone able to play a South American x European match with clubs from the Taça Libertadores? Can't believe they got the Libertadores teams only to play with themselves.
You can't, I don't think. Probably something that can be fixed with a patch. The game has a few things that make it seem rushed. Not gameplay related though.

ty_hot said:

According to Jon Murphy's twitter, it has to do with the licensing rather than just a simple omission in game modes.

@26Kanon83 Copa teams are licked into mode due to license. You can pick Boca, River and Internacional in friendlies
JonMurphy_PES
Jon Murphy

@BoltonExile No. This was a restriction of the license we had to agree to. It's to do with licenses held by EA

Portugeezer

In the full game, are the players in the right teams? i.e. Henry and Ibrahimovic still at Barca? Etc...

PES gives a lot more freedom, definitely liking it a lot more, just from the demo.

FIFA:
2008_1114_shutterstock_holding_hands_child.jpg

PES:
freedom.jpg

rvy

Banned
Not yet. Patch coming next week to fix squads, player numbers, add boots, balls and so forth.

Socreges

Banned
The fuck?

I need a prepaid code to download the PES 2011 demo (for 360)?? Is there a free redeem code available? How would I even pay for one if I wanted to?

rvy

Banned
Socreges said:
The fuck?

I need a prepaid code to download the PES 2011 demo (for 360)?? Is there a free redeem code available? How would I even pay for one if I wanted to?
...What? No, you don't.

jonnyp

Bungieware said:
Seabass said a year or so ago that PES is not striving for realism like Fifa supposedly is

FIFA and realism? Haha.

Socreges

Banned
It isn't available through the Dashboard. The only content they've got for PES 2011 is a trailer.

I'm going to assume that the demo just isn't available for free in North America? Even though everything otherwise indicates that it is and has been available for several days now.

Sucks, too. I've been playing this series since Winning Eleven 3 and am excited to try out the latest after skipping the last couple iterations.

Portugeezer

Socreges said:
It isn't available through the Dashboard. The only content they've got for PES 2011 is a trailer.

I'm going to assume that the demo just isn't available for free in North America? Even though everything otherwise indicates that it is and has been available for several days now.

Sucks, too. I've been playing this series since Winning Eleven 3 and am excited to try out the latest after skipping the last couple iterations.
Has that ever happened?

Try this link, a bit different to yours:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024b4e081d/

Khrno

I don't like this year's PES. Well I didn't like last year's but comparing both versions, I don't like the changes made to passing, and I'm one that plays with through ball more than short pass.

The PSP version is really bad this time around, at least the PS3 is enjoyable, but in the PSP the clunkiness is just too much. PS2 version is just the awesome PES we all love from 4 years ago, in my opinion, PS2 is the superior version, even if it doesn't have online multiplayer.

Oh and for those wondering, I spent about 60 to 80 hours on each version.

spwolf

heh... easily the best PES ever.... it also feels quite different from the demo (even passing is different).

rvy

Banned
spwolf said:
heh... easily the best PES ever.... it also feels quite different from the demo (even passing is different).
Pretty much. The main thing is that the game doesn't feel stiff, at all. Very fluid, very smooth. Unlike 2009 and 2010.

Khrno said:
I don't like this year's PES. Well I didn't like last year's but comparing both versions, I don't like the changes made to passing, and I'm one that plays with through ball more than short pass.

The PSP version is really bad this time around, at least the PS3 is enjoyable, but in the PSP the clunkiness is just too much. PS2 version is just the awesome PES we all love from 4 years ago, in my opinion, PS2 is the superior version, even if it doesn't have online multiplayer.

Oh and for those wondering, I spent about 60 to 80 hours on each version.

:lol

I'm not saying your wrong... I just think it's funny that after 4 years the PS2 and Wii versions are supposedly better than the next gen versions.

heringer

You guys with the full version... did they add advantage play? Bummer if not.

Also, any change in the dashing? Felt kinda useless since any defender could easily outrun even the fastest player with the ball.

Biggest gripes I had with the demo.

mauaus

After beating Tottenham 2-0 in a champions league group stage match i got my ass handed to me by Zaragoza 5-1 :eek:

feel

rvy said:
You can buy different wallpapers from the PES Shop. Not sure if they all have Messi, but I don't think so.
This is awesome news to me! :D

I hate seeing the Barcelona kit when I get to the menu. Hopefully there's a bright blueish background in there up for sale.

I hope the October 19 N.America release date holds up.

spwolf said:
:D :D hype

Socreges said:
Not to me.

Same result. Thanks, though.

Might be a problem with my account.

The demo has only been released in pal territories. I can let you borrow an account I created just to download it, if you promise not to change/share the password, because I lost the original demo license and need this account signed in to live to play it. Send me a PM if you want it (offer only valid for Socreges, sorry).

rvy

Banned
Letters said:
This is awesome news to me! :D

I hate seeing the Barcelona kit when I get to the menu. Hopefully there's a bright blueish background in there up for sale.
I checked to make sure, there's 3 additional wallpapers, they all feature Messi. One has him in a training suit though, and is blue. :lol
Probably something that can be added through the usual Konami patches, they tend to add small extras and not just gameplay-related fixes...

Edit, here they are:

wallpapersite0.png

Khrno

Bungieware said:
:lol

I'm not saying your wrong... I just think it's funny that after 4 years the PS2 and Wii versions are supposedly better than the next gen versions.

I don't know about the Wii build, but the PS2 game is the same since 2005, just updated stuff, but gameplay is basically the same, and we all know how awesome that game was, meanwhile, in my opinion, the last 3 years of the HD version has had so many changes, that I didn't really like and made me move to Fifa who had changes more of my liking.

Portugeezer

rvy said:
I checked to make sure, there's 3 additional wallpapers, they all feature Messi. One has him in a training suit though, and is blue. :lol
Probably something that can be added through the usual Konami patches, they tend to add small extras and not just gameplay-related fixes...

Edit, here they are:

wallpapersite0.png
Ugh... Barca.

Anything more creative? Not a big deal, I don't plan on staring at it.

Huggers

I buy Pes every year and this year will be no different. The only thing that bothered me about the demo was it always seemed that the forwards lacked enough pace to get free from the defender.

heringer

heringer said:
You guys with the full version... did they add advantage play? Bummer if not.

Also, any change in the dashing? Felt kinda useless since any defender could easily outrun even the fastest player with the ball.

Biggest gripes I had with the demo.
So, I guess this mean no?

spwolf

heringer said:
So, I guess this mean no?

i dont think advantage is in there, but whole def vs att is better, better balance... also passing is different, harder but if you get it right, better... AI is better as well, both ways :).

overall, balance is good and it makes it best PES ever... I play a lot of pes every year too, so small differences I can easily spot.

heringer

spwolf said:
i dont think advantage is in there, but whole def vs att is better, better balance... also passing is different, harder but if you get it right, better... AI is better as well, both ways :).

overall, balance is good and it makes it best PES ever... I play a lot of pes every year too, so small differences I can easily spot.
Oh, good to know. Shame about the advantage though, but not a deal breaker in any way. I loved the demo even if the flaws, so to read that the final build is even better makes me happy.

Thanks! :D

spwolf

mr_sockochris said:
Just got this and Spurs are licensed! :D Why had no one mentioned this???

it got mentioned in previous thread... since i am master race this time around, i will wait a bit for PC patches :)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How is the master league and is be a pro decent? I can live with traditional master league but i prey be a pro has been given some attention :(

spwolf

Mr Cola said:
How is the master league and is be a pro decent? I can live with traditional master league but i prey be a pro has been given some attention :(

looks good for me, better graphics than before, more fluid game... seems fine. Interface is new as well, although basic gameplay is the same or similar... I am not sure what were your previous issues with it.... I dont play ML, but people say it is godly now.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Online play; could somebody tell me if they're experiencing any lag?

I'm still on the fence with this one, since all my friends are jumping to the PES ship this year.
A solid netcode would seal the deal.

spwolf

Cataferal said:
Online play; could somebody tell me if they're experiencing any lag?

I'm still on the fence with this one, since all my friends are jumping to the PES ship this year.
A solid netcode would seal the deal.

tomorrow is official release date for many european countries so you will get more reports then...

Top Bottom