• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 |OT| Now with less proclamations of Kings returning

Pkm said:
I heard there was no MLS but people make patches?

In the past people have made option files that included MLS teams particularly if there were a significant number of blank slots for new teams. This was back in the PS2 days, though, so I'm not sure what the MLS option file scene is like now. PESfan or PESgaming typically is a good place to find option files, although OperationSports had a good MLS file a few years ago.

Got my copy earlier, just finished a 3 hour session. Best Pro Evo in years (even if I've loved all the previous iterations). The Copa Libertadores is the icing on the cake - great to be able to play as fat Ronaldo again! :D He's definitely going into my ML team :)

mine just arrived, my postie must have had a hangover.

What can i say its fantastic. like pes of old challenging, fun and rewarding.

Corrupt

I'm not too keen on the cursor in the team management menu, was hoping for an option to get it to snap to players but there doesn't seem to be one.

I hope it isn't as hard to buy players in ML as in 2010.

mauaus

Corrupt said:
I'm not too keen on the cursor in the team management menu, was hoping for an option to get it to snap to players but there doesn't seem to be one.

I hope it isn't as hard to buy players in ML as in 2010.

I was able to buy a player on my first try but i had offers on 4 and just one accepted

Steroyd

Holy crap, I spend a year out from playing footy games and I get my ass kicked in my first 5 games, 4 consecutive draws and a win.

I must say, I've created some beautiful team play goals and defending has been improved to a degree of satisfaction but I'm not liking the team management thing anymore, makes it cumbersome if you want the game to auto select the most fit/ most rested players for a quick match.

5060148379_d63ddb74aa.jpg

Spent about an hour or so getting the Liverpool kit as close as I could make it. Pretty pleased with the end result, it'll certainly do until someone comes up with a 360 file :)

mr_sockochris said:
Spent about an hour or so getting the Liverpool kit as close as I could make it. Pretty pleased with the end result, it'll certainly do until someone comes up with a 360 file :)

Wow, very impressive!

On the topic of edit files - if I create a Master League team and use a PS3 save file with all the real kits/players etc, will it delete my edits?

This is probably a stupid question, but I can't see an option to do a standalone Europa League tournament, just Champions League and Copa Libertadores. Does the Europa League have to be unlocked?

Just found out, juce released a kitserver for PES 2011. It also has controls to change game speed (along with the usual resolution and LOD settings). :D

Khrno said:
There's no EL mode, there's a Cup mode if that works for you.

:(

Could you do it in PES10? I can't remember if you could or not. I thought you could, although I could just be remembering doing it within the Master League.

mr_sockochris said:
5060148379_d63ddb74aa.jpg

How are edit files for the kits managed on the 360?

KZObsessed

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Yup, just like PES10, the penalties are the only real negative in the game for me. Nothing was wrong with them before!

Ahh I havn't bought a PES since 2008 so I'm just out of the loop then -_-

spwolf

KZObsessed said:
Ahh I havn't bought a PES since 2008 so I'm just out of the loop then -_-

pes10 had worse camera view, it was impossible to see wtf is going on when shooting penalties :)

MutFox

Banned
Are there any good "Option Files" out there yet?

Thinking of getting this for either the PS3 or PC,
depending on how well "Option Files" work on the PS3.

zsidane

MutFox said:
Are there any good "Option Files" out there yet?

Thinking of getting this for either the PS3 or PC,
depending on how well "Option Files" work on the PS3.
I know a friend DLed an option file for PS3 that I'll try later today. Will get you some impressions. But he says it's like 120 files to copy manually... shit!

rvy

Banned
Scoring penalties is pretty easy once you get the hang of hit. Just hit the shooting button and adjust direction after the player has started running towards the ball.

rvy said:
Scoring penalties is pretty easy once you get the hang of hit. Just hit the shooting button and adjust direction after the player has started running towards the ball.

Yeah I watched a YouTube tutorial vid earlier. Makes sense on paper, but in practice it's still a lot harder than it should be :(

Anyway, I'm waiting a while before starting my ML. At the minute I'm juggling a co-op Champions League with my bro and a Copa Libertadores on my own. Being Corinthians - I didn't know they had Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos! :D

Playing on regular and it seems to have been tweaked a little from the older Pro Evos in that it is a little harder which is a good thing. Regular/3 stars in PES08-PES10 was too easy and 4 stars had a steep learning curve. Pro Evo is one of the only games I play where I need it to be nicely balanced in terms of difficulty and it now feels great :)

shoplifter

So which version are people buying? PC/PS3/360 (don't say Wii - I know that the passing is a huge improvement there but I have no interest). I'd like to play on the PC but I can't stand sitting in my desk chair, I'd rather sit on the couch.

Any comparisons between PS3 and 360 in terms of IQ and textures?

jlevel13

I've been playing this for the last few hours (PC version) and I’m impressed. It definitely feels better than the demo (less fouling for one makes the flow a lot better), worlds better than last year (the clunky is gone) and at least on par with classic PES, in fact, I’m considering deleting PES 6 off my computer as there may no longer be a need to go back.

People haven’t been talking about it much, but adding in the right stick defense is making a huge difference - jostling for possession of the ball now feels great & much more active.

Portugeezer

This game is awesome, best footy game ever :D

OMG when are the patches though? Players need to be in the right teams (and so they are fixed in online play there needs to be a patch)

e.g. Nani not in Portugal squad? WTF? And he scored 2 today against Denmark for Portugal (in real life), seriously. I hope it is patched soon. You said next week right? Because there was an initial update but I doubt (and hope) that wasn't the patch...

Other than that, really good gameplay.

Edit: just read above, Tuesday.

Can I get a link confirmation though? Thanks. :D

KZObsessed

Thrakier said:
I'd really love to show you my...no, wait. I'd really love to play against you online...I don't know...should I buy it...mhm...uhm...mhm...

Yes you should buy it, it's awesome. Wait til it goes cheap if you wish, but damn they've done a good job this year. Really fun.

EuropeOG said:
This game is awesome, best footy game ever :D

OMG when are the patches though? Players need to be in the right teams (and so they are fixed in online play there needs to be a patch)

e.g. Nani not in Portugal squad? WTF? And he scored 2 today against Denmark for Portugal (in real life), seriously. I hope it is patched soon. You said next week right? Because there was an initial update but I doubt (and hope) that wasn't the patch...

Other than that, really good gameplay.

Edit: just read above, Tuesday.

Can I get a link confirmation though? Thanks. :D

http://twitter.com/#!/JonMurphy_PES/status/26733815704

http://twitter.com/#!/JonMurphy_PES/status/26736108511

Zabojnik

Can somebody please explain to me why Konami still hasn't added a button / command to send a player running forward (LB / L1 in Fifa)? I don't get it, seems like a no brainer.

Zabojnik said:
Can somebody please explain to me why Konami still hasn't added a button / command to send a player running forward (LB / L1 in Fifa)? I don't get it, seems like a no brainer.

I don't think there ever will be one (I think Seabass himself said something to this effect). The AI should be making runs and a run button is a fix for inadequate AI. They want the team style to be incorporated into your game. You put players in different positions and they make runs based on their stats/cards (individuality). If you want people making runs, change your game plan. Change to a type of forward/wing-back who will make runs.

(And I think I agree with this philosophy)

liger05

whatsinaname said:
I don't think there ever will be one (I think Seabass himself said something to this effect). The AI should be making runs and a run button is a fix for inadequate AI. They want the team style to be incorporated into your game. You put players in different positions and they make runs based on their stats/cards (individuality). If you want people making runs, change your game plan. Change to a type of forward/wing-back who will make runs.

(And I think I agree with this philosophy)

That makes no sense. The basics in football is moving into space to recieve the ball. The idea that u should have to tactically change things to make players move into a forward space is silly.

If u aint going to have a button to make the player run then the AI should be doing that as standard.

liger05 said:
That makes no sense. The basics in football is moving into space to recieve the ball. The idea that u should have to tactically change things to make players move into a forward space is silly.

If u aint going to have a button to make the player run then the AI should be doing that as standard.

Some players are not going to run into space it's a fact. It goes against the whole point of it being a realistic football game if you are able to make a player that is famous for sitting behind the front men and picking the ball with his back to goal, run into space.

siarraweb

any feedback on the qualityt of the multiplayer online?

the netcode of PES has been improving over the years, but still..

far from good..

Blackhead

Redarse
Wait a minute, when I hold L1 and pass on PES2010 the player continues running afterwards. The difference on FIFA is that I press the run button after the pSs had been made. Are we talking about something else?

Portugeezer

siarraweb said:
any feedback on the qualityt of the multiplayer online?

the netcode of PES has been improving over the years, but still..

far from good..
It's good for the most part, less "jumpy" than before, most of the time it's just smooth (which is weird because I have yet to get a green connection bar, they are always red/one bar). :lol

Though today I did get two crappy matches. One of them said it ended the game because the connection quality was too bad. (and WTF I got a loss, my connection has been fine all the time!!!!).
The other said the PES servers were not available or something and ended the game. (no loss is given)

Also have you played PES 6 on the 360? Best netcode before the messed it up in PES 08. But yeah, PES 11 netcode is good. :D

liger05 said:

Every team does not play attacking football with players running into available spaces and making themselves available.

What differentiates good players/teamwork from rest if not details like this?

Charred Greyface said:
Wait a minute, when I hold L1 and pass on PES2010 the player
continues running afterwards. The difference on FIFA is that I press the run button after the pSs had been made. Are we talking about something else?

This is something different. Not the L1 wall pass.

If you are controlling the ball in FIFA, pressing L2(or R2, don't remember. I never used the feautre) makes another player run into space you are pointing at.

rvy

Banned
KONAMI details first PES 2011 DLC

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH today announced the content of its first DLC for PES 2011, which will be available on 12th October.

Available free to PlayStation(R)3, Xbox 360 and PC-DVD users, the download will bring the player roster files completely up to date, while clubs that qualified for the UEFA Champions League Group Stage, will be added to the game's dedicated mode. A number of team kits have also been updated in line with their current use, and four more licensed boots have been incorporated.

The DLC also includes three new wallpapers featuring cover star Lionel Messi in the 'Extra Content' folder, and KONAMI will be releasing further updates during the coming year.

0007250050480951681401.jpg

0008300583320965398542.jpg

0001889852761680863331.jpg

0006120324954881463791.jpg

0005494873243938237727.jpg

000775378276754437308.jpg

liger05

travisbickle said:
Some players are not going to run into space it's a fact. It goes against the whole point of it being a realistic football game if you are able to make a player that is famous for sitting behind the front men and picking the ball with his back to goal, run into space.

No it doesnt. Do you not see holding midfield players or even Centre backs run forward? You know those moments where u hear the commentator say "What is he doing there"? It's not like John Terry passes the ball into drogba can see an open space to run into and would never run into that space.

The basics of football are pass and move and the idea that only certain players ever move forward is absurd.

every team does not play attacking football with players running into available spaces and making themselves available.

No they dont but I am not talking about all players bombing forward. I'm talking about the basics. If a midfield player picks up the ball 40 yards from his goal and looks right and there is a big open space for the RB to move into just 5- 10 yards in front then its a gimme for me that that player should move into that space.

hertog

Been playing this for a few days, and I've got some mixed feelings about it.
I'm playing at pro-difficulty and the AI is just so defensive.
There are always 8 players behind the ball and they have a perfect offside trap. I always manage to score one or twice (mostly once) and the AI never really attacks. So all my games end in 0-0, 1-0 or 2-0. Anyone else have this prob?

Top Bottom