• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 |OT| Now with less proclamations of Kings returning

hertog said:
Been playing this for a few days, and I've got some mixed feelings about it.
I'm playing at pro-difficulty and the AI is just so defensive.
There are always 8 players behind the ball and they have a perfect offside trap. I always manage to score one or twice (mostly once) and the AI never really attacks. So all my games end in 0-0, 1-0 or 2-0. Anyone else have this prob?

Depends who you play really. Today I've had matches against Spurs and Roma that have ended 2-2, against Stoke however literally had 7 men in their own third of the field on the formation screen - it was like a 7-0-3 formation, i'd never seen anything like it in a football game :lol

hertog

Managed to beat fc groningen with 3-0! With a 3-2-5 formation......

They were all corners btw :lol

Hopefully the cpu attacks more on the highest difficulty. Only Arsenal attacked (well countered...) quite a lot in my CL bout, and managed to score!
Still beat them with 2-1

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hey guys, trying to get into Pes 2011 after a Pes Hiatus since Pes6 (You know why).
I dont know whether its a general problem or whether its a problem with my controller setup.. I want to use a DS3 to play Pes2011 and it seems to work as I can use it properly in the Friendly Matches as player 2. But I want to use it as my main Controller since I cant use it playing Solo in the other Main modes. Any way to change the controller preference so I can use this controller for Player 1?

Can someone help me find an option file that works for a copy of PES2011 for PS3 bougt in Sweden? I tried downloading two already, one that the description said only worked for UK (I noticed that after I tried it) and then one that supposedly only worked with EU copies. My game couldn´t find any of those files when I tried to load them, after copying them from a USB stick.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Toma said:
Hey guys, trying to get into Pes 2011 after a Pes Hiatus since Pes6 (You know why).
I dont know whether its a general problem or whether its a problem with my controller setup.. I want to use a DS3 to play Pes2011 and it seems to work as I can use it properly in the Friendly Matches as player 2. But I want to use it as my main Controller since I cant use it playing Solo in the other Main modes. Any way to change the controller preference so I can use this controller for Player 1?

Ah! The game has a settings file >_> I am used to change settings from within the game. No wonder I couldnt find in ingame.

sw26

I didn't think there was any point in starting a new thread on this so this seems like an ok place to ask - is there a general consensus on what the best PES on the PSP is?

I've been out of the loop with the series as a whole (loved PES6 on PS2 to death and still play it regularly) and while I've played the more recent games and will probably pick up this year's version at some point, I've got a hankering for some PSP PES action seeing as they are pretty cheap on Ebay.

jlevel13

I appreciate the way you can dig down into the online menus of your opponents and see their record and a bunch of data, like the last five teams they played with online. I don't appreciate that Konami still hasn't gotten rid of their annoying text chat system.

Overall though I'm really pleased with this years game - feels great to me & so far matches have been very dynamic & I've seen a lot of variety in the way things play out.

I do feel like the editor could be improved & simplified & I'd like to see more stadium options next year.

zsidane

Is there a way to get the DLC from somewhere else other than the PSN? Can't get the PS3 hooked into the internet...

rvy

Banned
pedro-leonifqm.gif

DAYUM! Nutmeg from Hell :D

About the new data pack - I have created my ML team by overwriting one of the pre made teams (WE United). If I save the data pack and choose to overwrite my edit data, will my created team and everything else still be in tact?

mutsu

Just got the Asia version of the game yesterday. Came with Chinese and English in-game menus, and Japanese and English voice commentary. Not bad.

I really enjoyed the game. The new animations are really good and life-like. The weight on the players feel much better than previous entries. Replays with blur effect is excellent. Many other positives like the menu presentation, etc.

Question: Can I use the option files from EU region of the game in my Asia region game? Probably not because my game is "Winning Eleven 2011" and EU version is "PES 2011". If not, then where can I find good Winning Eleven 2011 option files?

Blablurn

does someone else has problems with the passing? sometimes i just shoot the ball randomly out of the pitch. maybe it's the controllers fault because it's a really cheap one. doesn't even have analog sticks :lol

anyway, the game is awesome! it feels pretty fresh and new. just need to buy a fucking new controller.

rvy

Banned
Blablurn said:
does someone else has problems with the passing? sometimes i just shoot the ball randomly out of the pitch. maybe it's the controllers fault because it's a really cheap one. doesn't even have analog sticks :lol

anyway, the game is awesome! it feels pretty fresh and new. just need to buy a fucking new controller.
Sure, if I'm not aiming right. Takes some time getting used to anyway.

How the hell are you supposed to win more GP though. I mean, I want Classic Holland and all I get is 10GP per match. I won the Asia-Oceania Cup and got nothing.

Altazor

FUCK this game! Argh, I'm so pissed...

so I'm playing BAL mode, my character's at Manchester City (after completing a very succesful season with Chievo Verona) and everything's going fine: we're first on the league, we pretty much wiped the floor with our group on the Champions and we're at the FA Cup semifinals... and we have to play against
Manure
Manchester United. "Fine", I think, "we've played against them already and we won, even if it wasn't easy". So yeah, I start the match, and after 30 minutes, we score. Fucking satisfying. Anyway, the first half finishes 1-0 and during the first 15 minutes of the second half, we score again. Not to be a prick or anything, but I played a part in both of these goals: on the first, I shot and the goalkeeper flubbed, and a teammate seized the opportunity; on the second, I made an assist. Anyway, I got sub'd at 70 mins... and Man. Utd. scores their first goal at 71. Then they equalize the match at 85. And then somebody fouls Rooney near the area at the last added minute and Anderson scores a goal with a free kick. This is like the game's way of saying "FUCK YOU"... ugh. Apparently they still have to fix the dumb-as-fuck teammate's AI since they mostly just stand there, doing nothing, instead of actually defending.

So, yeah... if any of you guys ask, "U MAD?", I gotta admit: I AM MAD.

(anyway, despite this shit, I've been enjoying the game... but they need to fix the teammates AI)

jlevel13

rvy said:
How the hell are you supposed to win more GP though. I mean, I want Classic Holland and all I get is 10GP per match. I won the Asia-Oceania Cup and got nothing.

It seems like you get more for playing online. I know I've been getting 50GP for losing, can't remember if you get more for winning... 4 game losing streak today :(

Blablurn said:
planing to buy an ipod touch this week, will defintely check out the portable version of PES. especially with no PSN version of the game :( my psp go is a sad sad panda.

Dude where have you been? Maybe I've just missed your posts or something. Yeah the iPod Touch version is actually somewhat fun to play.

rvy

Banned
jlevel13 said:
It seems like you get more for playing online. I know I've been getting 50GP for losing, can't remember if you get more for winning... 4 game losing streak today :(
Well... fuck. :lol

feel

UPS has it out for delivery! :)

in Miami, then I have to wait like 5 more days for it to get to me in Venezuela.. sigh :(

playing local multiplayer with my cousin. UGH the defense is WAY too easy. You can put pressure on the player way too fast. Defense catches up to the offensive player no matter what the stats are. Maybe i am missing something but that is really annoying. Will changing the speed setting help make the game mroe offensive?

T Ghost

Is anyone in the US playing this game? There are 2 updates available on Xbox Live and none of them download, it gives me a message that this game is not compatible with the region of my console. WTF?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Anybody playing it on PC? God PES is dead :/
Must be all the fans have gone elsewhere since Seabass did his coming-out and declared his neverending love for Inter and that he was thinking on adding another version of stadio Meazza only showing striscioni with triplete trophies... :lol

Anyway, I can't seem to get rid of some slowdowns happening only in the midfield, even if the situation is not as cluttered as others where everything stays super-smooth.
The crazy thing is that the game runs A LOT better in 1920x1080 at high (v-synch turned on, frame skipping off otherwise it's a lag fest for me) than in 1280x720 at medium... :lol :lol
WTF, someone help me out. God I hate PC games where you can't change settings...

Blablurn

Dash Kappei said:
Anybody playing it on PC? God PES is dead :/
Must be all the fans have gone elsewhere since Seabass did his coming-out and declared his neverending love for Inter and that he was thinking on adding another version of stadio Meazza only showing striscioni with triplete trophies... :lol

Anyway, I can't seem to get rid of some slowdowns happening only in the midfield, even if the situation is not as cluttered as others where everything stays super-smooth.
The crazy thing is that the game runs A LOT better in 1920x1080 at high (v-synch turned on, frame skipping off otherwise it's a lag fest for me) than in 1280x720 at medium... :lol :lol
WTF, someone help me out. God I hate PC games where you can't change settings...

i'm playing it on PC and it runs perfectly without changing any settings. unfortunately online doesn't work because our chinese university only offers DSL 1000 :/

but i'm really enjoying the game so far. it's a blast to play with my beloved bayern.

T Ghost said:
Is anyone in the US playing this game? There are 2 updates available on Xbox Live and none of them download, it gives me a message that this game is not compatible with the region of my console. WTF?

Knowing Konami they probably uploaded the wrong file. The North American division of Konami isn't exactly the best at times. The iPhone/iPod Touch version isn't on the App Store yet even though they said it would be out when the console versions released.

Blablurn

Gamecocks625 said:
Knowing Konami they probably uploaded the wrong file. The North American division of Konami isn't exactly the best at times. The iPhone/iPod Touch version isn't on the App Store yet even though they said it would be out when the console versions released.

whats your final verdict on the mobile version of the game? worth buying it, mate?

Blablurn said:
whats your final verdict on the mobile version of the game? worth buying it, mate?

2010 was OK. I got it for only $1.99 so I got my money's worth from it. Of course with 2011 they've said more animations, bicycle kicks, diving headers, smoother gameplay, etc. are featured. It looks like it's moving closer and closer to the PSP version in terms of gameplay. If 2011 is available in the App Store in your region, I'd say give it a shot. I only have an iPod Touch 4th gen to play games on so it's PES 2011 mobile or bust for me :lol

I equally love and hate this game, playing on normal is easy one minute (4-0) then ball busting the next (2-3).

I wish I had some skill, even playing the same match repeatedly brings varying outcomes most of which are loses (Bayern vs Barcelona).

I don't know how you guys can play on Professional and achieve even a draw.

Portugeezer

Opus Angelorum said:
I equally love and hate this game, playing on normal is easy one minute (4-0) then ball busting the next (2-3).

I wish I had some skill, even playing the same match repeatedly brings varying outcomes most of which are loses (Bayern vs Barcelona).

Good defending, blocking the pass lines, marking, etc. Once you know how to defend well it's hard to score against you.

Blablurn

Opus Angelorum said:

it's kinda crazy. after beating real madrid and barcelona on the highest difficulty i had two draws against much weaker times (master league) :lol but i like it. i'm getting there.

Gamecocks625 said:
2010 was OK. I got it for only $1.99 so I got my money's worth from it. Of course with 2011 they've said more animations, bicycle kicks, diving headers, smoother gameplay, etc. are featured. It looks like it's moving closer and closer to the PSP version in terms of gameplay. If 2011 is available in the App Store in your region, I'd say give it a shot. I only have an iPod Touch 4th gen to play games on so it's PES 2011 mobile or bust for me

sounds good, i mean, once again they didn't release the PSP version of the game on PSN...
I'm planning to buy the 4th gen iPod Touch as soon as glorious China gets its shipment. Do you like the machine so far?

The main issue I have is shooting, most of my goals are from corners. I very rarely score from open play, very frustrating when I can string a series of smart passes together with no end product.

Arnie

Loving this game but what the fuck is up with the referees? I can't actually believe they haven't even programmed in the advantage rule. Not only that but he referee often blows for good tackles, the referee in this game is absolutely terrible.

Portugeezer

Arnie said:
Loving this game but what the fuck is up with the referees? I can't actually believe they haven't even programmed in the advantage rule. Not only that but he referee often blows for good tackles, the referee in this game is absolutely terrible.
They have, but it's still very strict, which is weird because PES6 advantage play was great. In PES11 I have fouled many people late but play goes on because they have the ball, but then no punishment happens for my bad tackle which is what they need to fix.

Shitty fouls get stopped a lot though, even when you could keep running. That's annoying.

Blablurn said:
sounds good, i mean, once again they didn't release the PSP version of the game on PSN...
I'm planning to buy the 4th gen iPod Touch as soon as glorious China gets its shipment. Do you like the machine so far?

Oh totally. It's a slick piece of hardware. I'm using it way more than I ever used my PSPgo. You'll definitely enjoy it.

Aside from PES 2011, you'll have to get Flick Kick Football. Such a blast.

Blablurn

Gamecocks625 said:
Oh totally. It's a slick piece of hardware. I'm using it way more than I ever used my PSPgo. You'll definitely enjoy it.

Aside from PES 2011, you'll have to get Flick Kick Football. Such a blast.

sounds really good! can't wait, man !!!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Blablurn said:
i'm playing it on PC and it runs perfectly without changing any settings.

Lucky you! :)
What rig are you using?
I'm on i5 750, Radeon HD5850 1Gb, 4Gb ram
I think this game could run better on NVidia, but it's probably an ATI driver issue (maybe the 2D/3D clock "bug"?).

The incredible thin as I've said is that it runs better in full hd and max settings, altough I get slowdowns (not lag/frame-skips) with no reason when I'm playing on the midfield...

GQman2121

Banned
I imported the PAL version for the PS3 and it's killing me watch it travel so slowly across the pond. Hopefully by this weekend I'll be up and running.

jlevel13

Dash Kappei said:
Lucky you! :)
What rig are you using?
I'm on i5 750, Radeon HD5850 1Gb, 4Gb ram
I think this game could run better on NVidia, but it's probably an ATI driver issue (maybe the 2D/3D clock "bug"?).

The incredible thin as I've said is that it runs better in full hd and max settings, altough I get slowdowns (not lag/frame-skips) with no reason when I'm playing on the midfield...

hmm.. I have an i3 and a 5850 (vista32) and it has been really smooth for me - though yeah, I've been running at max settings 1080p etc... maybe it's too obvious, but are you sure your drivers are up to date? That's all I can think of.

Opus Angelorum said:
The main issue I have is shooting, most of my goals are from corners. I very rarely score from open play, very frustrating when I can string a series of smart passes together with no end product.

Which difficulty? On regular, being any team that is half decent I found it too easy to just dribble into the box and shoot. Doing my ML on 4 star (Professional?) and it's perfect - hard to dribble through defenders, but scoring from anything other than a cross or corner is really satisfying.

I'd say when you have a chance to shoot outside the box, do it. Keeper may spill it or push it out for a corner. Or you may score!

Blablurn

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Which difficulty? On regular, being any team that is half decent I found it too easy to just dribble into the box and shoot. Doing my ML on 4 star (Professional?) and it's perfect - hard to dribble through defenders, but scoring from anything other than a cross or corner is really satisfying.

I'd say when you have a chance to shoot outside the box, do it. Keeper may spill it or push it out for a corner. Or you may score!

shot some goals from outside the box with mario gomez!

hail mario gomez!

gomez_mario_5x4_ArtikelSchmal.jpg

Opus Angelorum said:

Having a decent squad and playing about with the formation helps. With my ML team, I never want to end up with a team of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Villa etc and so go for the 'B grade' players. Won Division 2 by 17 points with these sort of players and am now 5th in the league near the end of the season. It's great having 4 or 5 teams who dominate (Inter are seriously over powered - they've won everything they've been in in both my ML seasons! :lol ) and who taking points off feels very satisfying.

Top Bottom