• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Stubo

I do really like the game, but have been frustrated tonight. Playing with a pad on xbox one, and i just can't get decent settings. Tried some suggestions from a few pages back, but the steering seems far too twitchy. Need to properly play around with the different settings and work out what everything means.

Annoying as I'm liking the racing. Just want to be more consistent with the pad!
Which ones did you use which weren't to your liking? I've got this bookmarked but haven't tried it yet.

Just going to quote myself on this:
Anyone got any recommendations for Xbox One controller settings on PC?

I've seen a few different ones and the values seem vastly different, was wondering if anyone here had found something which feels right.

waters10

Neo Member
Boom:

Thanks for the heads-up!
Awesome! Racing games with a wheel are so much better! I hope my fanatec wheel gets the support it deserves!

Will this game be available tonight like midnight ET in the NA PS store?? I might stay up for that ...

Ok, I've downloaded and watched the Gamersyde videos of both the XB1 and PS4 versions on my TV. (59" Plasma)

I've decided to go with the PS4 version. It looked better to me. So, now I go to the PSN store (North America) and it isn't available. Ugh. I know it didn't get pre-load, but does anyone know if it will be released at midnight tonight? And if so, do you get the pre-order bonus cars? Very curious. If not I might just go to the store tomorrow and get a physical copy.

Thanks for any info in advance.

TheMan

Ok, I've downloaded and watched the Gamersyde videos of both the XB1 and PS4 versions on my TV. (59" Plasma)

I've decided to go with the PS4 version. It looked better to me. So, now I go to the PSN store (North America) and it isn't available. Ugh. I know it didn't get pre-load, but does anyone know if it will be released at midnight tonight? And if so, do you get the pre-order bonus cars? Very curious. If not I might just go to the store tomorrow and get a physical copy.

Thanks for any info in advance.

My understanding is that yes, you will get the pre order cars when buying digital...in fact that is the only way to get the "preorder" cars on PS4. As for when you can actually download the game, who knows.

brentech

Finished the starting kart series championship along with 3 rounds of contract offer races. Really enjoying the game at this point. I need to scale up the difficulty a little bit, but I'm liking it once I dialed in my DS4 controls. (PC)

I know they couldn't do much about it, but I hate that I can't preload this game. Hell, the game is nowhere to be found on PSN. Someone really dropped the ball.

saladine1

"The guys are missing a wheel nut".

Don't know why but that made me laugh..

Seriously though, looking forward to a proper pit-stop scenario...if it's coming that is..

naib

Awesome! Racing games with a wheel are so much better! I hope my fanatec wheel gets the support it deserves!
I had the official 360 wheel and the FFB was so strong I had to strap it down. It would jump off my lap.

I'm gonna have to get the stand. And the shifter. And the clutch pedal. In that order.

This "deal" is gonna ruin me. Lol

Haven't broken the news to the missus yet. But it was too good to pass up. F it. She got spoiled for Mother's Day.

Edit: she got a new car. And a year of spotify for her new Bluetooth setup. :p

Do we know if this will hit PSN at Midnight PST tonight?

Is the consensus here that the PS4 version is good? I was watching streams and no one complained about the controls.

Koppai

Not followed this game at all but the launch hype and pretty graphics have me lingering for it. Was gonna get Driveclub but it was a disappointment so I skipped it. Dayum...

aro52

I've gone down the rabbit hole now!
Is this the recommended stand? Or is there a better option? Maybe a cheaper one that works just fine?

CExeSw5WYAADt-d.jpg:medium

I do really like the game, but have been frustrated tonight. Playing with a pad on xbox one, and i just can't get decent settings. Tried some suggestions from a few pages back, but the steering seems far too twitchy. Need to properly play around with the different settings and work out what everything means.

Annoying as I'm liking the racing. Just want to be more consistent with the pad!

I found you really have to feather steering very lightly and gradually increase pressure on the triggers when braking or accelerating. Hard braking while turning will spin you, along with hard acceleration. You pretty much only want to floor it while on a straight, on turns or hills with even slight curves you want to accelerate going out of a turn, not as you go into one. Pay attention to the pack as they accelerate around you and you can get a general idea for when it's safe. I also found the inside helmet camera to be one of the best views to get the feel of the game.

aro52

Wheel Stand Pro products are extremely nice, I've got one I'm using with a DFGT and looking to get a Fanatec for it. I'd definitely recommend it but not sure on the price. I got mine for around $100.

That's what I have. Its badass and rock solid.

Ordered. This is fun!
...but getting expensive :/

Yeah looking around on PSN last week, I found it odd that Project Cars had zero presence there. Couldn't even do a search for it.

Any reason why Project Cars never showed up for pre-order at the PS Store in NA? Been waiting for it become available, what's going on folks?

With the jumping release date, they missed the window for submitting to preloading.

Any reason why Project Cars never showed up for pre-order at the PS Store in NA? Been waiting for it become available, what's going on folks?

Sucks they missed the date for pre-orders.

I own Driveclub and still want to purchase Project CARS. The career mode looks fantastic. Keeping my fingers crossed it will show up at Midnight.

Tubie

I was psyched for this, but now I'm a little worried that the game might not be worth playing without a wheel (PS4).

Is there any way to make it handle, at the very least, like GT5 and GT6 did with the DS3? I could live with that and enjoy the game, but reading some of the reactions here, it seems like it's a lot worse than that.

aro52

Thanks for the reply sir, so it's definitely going to become available tomorrow on the US Store right? Man the thirst for racing games is real! Started with Driveclub and now onto Project CARS!

Suppose to be. The question is, what time. Mostly likely, it will go up with the regular store update in the afternoon (PST). And that kinda blows when the Xbox'ers get it in 30 minutes.

brentech

I was psyched for this, but now I'm a little worried that the game might not be worth playing without a wheel (PS4).

Is there any way to make it handle, at the very least, like GT5 and GT6 did with the DS3? I could live with that and enjoy the game, but reading some of the reactions here, it seems like it's a lot worse than that.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439605295

A different feel than driveclub just because they aren't the same type of game, but I think it remeinds me of GT5 a good bit. GT5 probably has a little better physics possibly, but it has been a while since I played that.

naib

I've gone down the rabbit hole now!
Is this the recommended stand? Or is there a better option? Maybe a cheaper one that works just fine?

CExeSw5WYAADt-d.jpg:medium
Right there with you bro.

Repurposed my stepdaughter's desk and the wheel is so heavy I had to use a giant bag of dog food as a counterweight. Thing is still moving around. Using left foot to hold pedals down.

Buying that thing tomorrow.

If you need help rationalizing the purchase, your getting the stand and the wheel for the cost of the wheel. ;)

Wheel is great BTW.

Suppose to be. The question is, what time. Mostly likely, it will go up with the regular store update in the afternoon (PST). And that kinda blows when the Xbox'ers get it in 30 minutes.

Isn't there a specific time during the day(PST) our beloved PlayStation store gets refreshed with new content? I just noticed there's a blog post in PS Blog about Project Cars availability for purchase tomorrow. But there's no ETA mentioned in it.

Off-topic question, how much fun is Project Cars on the Dualshock4? Thanks in Advance for your reply!!

nikos

There are ways of improving handling but not to the point of it feeling like GT5, GT6, at least not in my experience so far, and I've spent hours tweaking and trying various setups posted online.

Though handling improves, it still doesn't get to the point of feeling natural to me. That's the only reason why I'm hesitant to double dip with the PS4 version.

Gwarf

Banned
NOOO, I missed the sale? I still just can't handle the $300-$400 priced wheels.

I still haven't bought Project Cars because I don't have a wheel for my PC and I feel it is a waste otherwise. I really want to see this game with my GTX 980.

Got 7 more hours of work to go before I can give this a go. It sucks that I've had this preloaded for a week and had to wait while the rest of the world had fun :'(

Skyzard

Banned
Can you pick specific liveries or paint jobs? I know you can edit files or whatever, but is there an in-game way?

Yes - select a car, click on garage (Y on pad), select the car...(bit of effort here sorting through groups sometimes), once you're done make sure you press A on the pad and then you can back out, or it might do it itself.

danowat

Banned
Is it possible to post those new settings? Tried your settings recently and the cars controlled much better. Thanks in advance.

Steering deadzone 6
Steering sensitivity 0
Throttle deadzone 10
Throttle sensitivity 30
Brake deadzone 10
Brake sensitivity 30
Speed sensitivity 55
Controller filtering 40
Input mode 2
Advanced on
soft steering on
visual wheel filtering off
opposite lock help off

Also, make use of each cars steering ratio setup option to tune steering sensitivity further.

It's not giving me an option to buy on the Xbox store, when I hit the normal version I'm brought to the digital pre order edition, which itself doesn't have any options to buy it, so not out in the east coast yet I assume?

Orca

Just unlocked for me. Played around with the carts a bit and I'm not overly in love with the steering. Did a practice lap with a regular car and it's better, but why are the brakes on the Focus RS squealing like the tattletale is active? Every time I hit the brakes I could hear it squealing away...

Edit - did have this whoops moment.

Try the website, they might not have the regular version on the console yet and you obviously can't buy the preorder version because its out now.

Nothing, it brings me to page not found on the site, anyone else having issues buying it digitally on Xbox with out a pre load?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
God the default x1 pad controls suuuuuck. This better play a lot lot lot better with a better configuration and/or wheel. As of right now I'm quite disappointed. Going to bed. Ugh.

Top Bottom