• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

kie25

Time trials are much faster on ps4 now the time day is equal to pc, I took 900th off my previous PB on a Hockenheim in DTM, I've included the setup I used in the video as I've had many request for my tunes. Starting to really understand certain things, others still need work.

https://youtu.be/A3IuNEkUMlw

Mascot

Time trials are much faster on ps4 now the time day is equal to pc, I took 900th off my previous PB on a Hockenheim in DTM, I've included the setup I used in the video as I've had many request for my tunes. Starting to really understand certain things, others still need work.

Nice one! I've not tried tuning yet in pCARS (apart from the FFB, that is). I've lazily tended to stick with stock tunes before or (in the case of Forza) bought them from good-rep garages.

I'll be sure to try a few of yours out. Thanks.

Edit: holy shit, that thing corners on rails!

danowat

Banned

Nice lap.

Anyone know what the device is above the windscreen with the green LED's on it?

kie25

Nice one! I've not tried tuning yet in pCARS (apart from the FFB, that is). I've lazily tended to stick with stock tunes before or (in the case of Forza) bought them from good-rep garages.

I'll be sure to try a few of yours out. Thanks.

Edit: holy shit, that thing corners on rails!

Ha yes handles good but the bk end sometimes will take you by suprise, this setup was pure qualifying setup as 1 lap and tyres were overheating. I really wish they would add 2 options for setups per car per track or 3 as my qualifying setup will be different to my race which is different from wet setups, weird how they haven't done what f1 games have.

Repo Man

Ok, just started a new career and was racing away merrily on a 16 lap race, I had tire wear set to slow but it didn't seem to be affecting me much. After the first race I was told that in the next race I need to pit in so on the first lap my team calls me in. After the pit stop my handling was completely fucked! The car was shifting directions in a very sluggish way and cornering was nigh on impossible as the tires would just go red immediately. Tried pitting in again and double checked the tires were set to soft which they were, went back on track and same story! Came in for the 3rd time but this time changed the tires to hard but that made no difference.

Am I missing something here or is this some moronic bug I ran into ?

Bobnob

Ok, just started a new career and was racing away merrily on a 16 lap race, I had tire wear set to slow but it didn't seem to be affecting me much. After the first race I was told that in the next race I need to pit in so on the first lap my team calls me in. After the pit stop my handling was completely fucked! The car was shifting directions in a very sluggish way and cornering was nigh on impossible as the tires would just go red immediately. Tried pitting in again and double checked the tires were set to soft which they were, went back on track and same story! Came in for the 3rd time but this time changed the tires to hard but that made no difference.

Well its probably just a moronic bug, there's quite a few, can't believe ms won't give me my money for this trash game!

In dev for over 3 years, release a patch then that make's other issue's rinse and repeat.

Game Sucks, i'm off to play some darts, Blindfolded.

Mascot

Yeah, it's a known bug from 1.4, and being worked on as priority.

MGR

Not sure if it's been discussed elsewhere here, but I kind of like the silly glue-like collision physics when it comes to online racing.

In virtually every other game there's next to no penalty for somebody ramming another player off the road. In this game the onus really is on the following car to ensure a clean pass, otherwise most of the time both cars end up off the road.

Not sure if it's been discussed elsewhere here, but I kind of like the silly glue-like collision physics when it comes to online racing.

In virtually every other game there's next to no penalty for somebody ramming another player off the road. In this game the onus really is on the following car to ensure a clean pass, otherwise most of the time both cars end up off the road.
I agree, it can work well, but it doesn't always happen and it seems like people are learning how to escape the glue!

Fox Mulder

i hate everything about pitting in this game really. I've had your experience and the menu is clunky. Cars ghost in the pits, ruining gaps. I pulled into a stop and got fucking wet tires since it saved the pit stop setup from my last race for whatever reason. Stupid.

F1 games do pitting better, and they even have a fully animated pit crews for each team.

Anilusion

The game is 40% off on Steam today. I've been playing a lot of Driveclub lately. How does this game compare? How much single player content is there in this game?

Anyone know what the device is above the windscreen with the green LED's on it?
First is fuel, second is...(?)oil-temperature?

Okay, that's a bit creepy. This thread was inspired by my run around Monza in a Pagani Zonda last night. Very familiar with the course (thank you GT series), but not in a car that powerful in this game until now. Given the number of times I've probably run this track virtually in my life, I assumed I would've had the lines down pat, but just could not find the best lines in that Zonda. Kept braking waaaaaaaay too late in that last turn.

Not really helpful, but I think the braking in a few road cars might be off in PCARS. Some cars show better 0 to 100km/h than their 100 to 0km/h values, which a) is hard to believe and b) - if I remember this right from my ADAC training 10 years ago - would make them non-road legal in my country.

If you were talking about the Zonda R and not the Cinque... That's a GT-class car and those are pretty spot-on in PCARS judging by the lap times compared to real life.
..Ok, now I've checked it myself: PCARS lists the Zonda R's deceleration with 2.24 seconds from 100 to 0km/h. That's 12.4m/s² (~1.26g)... not great considering the slick tyres. Assuming a perfectly constant deceleration that's a braking distance from 100 to 0km/h of 31.1meters... that's super-car territory for road legal cars, but I doubt it's accurate for race tyres.

_machine

F1 games do pitting better, and they even have a fully animated pit crews for each team.
Not that it's much on an excuse when the feature is coming, just delayed, but the F1 games don't have the variations between car fuelling procedures and locations etc. which makes it amount to fraction of the amount of animations and setups needed. Still, I do hope it's coming to pCARS soon since it definitely adds a lot of immersion for me and they were originally supposed to come with launch, but it seemed to prove much bigger of a task as the amount classes and car configs changed.

I can't say I'm exactly super happy about devaluing the game so early on (for multiple reaons, not just limited to pCARS), but let's see if we can get an official response on the matter.

With June coming to an end soon we should be getting the A1, which I hope will have it's place in the career as I think it could be a lot of fun to race.

Now, that's a VERY embarassing issue on a racing sim.

Holy shit... from 0 to 35 opponents it's a +30% gap would mean 60fps at 0 opponents and ~46fps at 35 opponents... that's actually a possibility.
That would be horrible, especially since the framerate is not always keeping up even in time trials.

Edit: I read the whole PCARS-forum thread now. Seems nobody has tested it with the same number of opponents. It might be track-physics and non-fps related.

Reminds me of another issue though: If you speed up a rest of a qualifying, the AI-times improve significantly compared to a non-sped-up qualifying.

That's not (or at least not directly) fps-related.
His lap times (see third post from PCARS forum) are affected exponentially by the number of opponents:
PCARSLaptimesrelated.png

brentech

MadParallelCornsnake.gif

Real location weather. Checked the website and it said they had a light rain there, looks like it's largely functional. Don't think they have a setting to start you at the right time of day as well. @ Imola Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari

http://youtu.be/Vo5H1cc0POY

kie25

This explains the issue on ps4 I had the other day currently were practicing road America in GT3 for a league race im currently running in 2.03.8s my PB in Z4, i decided to go into quick race against max opponent 44 I think it was and the car felt so slow, I could not get under 2.12 which was baffling me so went into free practice straight bk into 2.04.2-5 with no hassle went bk into 44 player race same issue again.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This game man. It's so good and yet sooo bad. So.many.bugs.

I'm doing my first big race at Dubai in gt4. 8th lap in a 12 lap race and I've had 2nd and 3rd trailing behind by 1 to 2 seconds the whole time. Tense. I decide it's a good time to pit. Immediately after exiting the pit lane, once the game hands over control again, and my car is slipping and sliding like crazy. And grinding. And my rear tires show red in the HUD. A quick switch to 3rd person confirms my worst fear with a mass of sparks - my pit crew hates me and forgot (?) to replace both my rear tires. Wtf.

What the fuck.

http://xboxclips.com/LoopOfHenle/b240716b-4df6-4321-9f94-17d0c386b7db

Tried to get a replay clip, but it didn't show missing tires, sparks, or have the grinding sound. Weird.

op_ivy

Thinking this known bug might not happen every time, I tried again. Nope. Fucked once more. How does this get through testing? I cant progress until this is fixed. How longs it been broken, going on two weeks? I'm slightly mad.

Hawk269

Thinking this known bug might not happen every time, I tried again. Nope. Fucked once more. How does this get through testing? I cant progress until this is fixed. How longs it been broken, going on two weeks? I'm slightly mad.

How is the Xbox One version now that they finally released the patch? I am not home or I would check it out myself.

Thanks!

op_ivy

How is the Xbox One version now that they finally released the patch? I am not home or I would check it out myself.

Thanks!

Other then starting the day with a hard crash, racing a bit with flickering stands and the sound bug, then literally game breaking pit bugs, its great!

Hawk269

Other then starting the day with a hard crash, racing a bit with flickering stands and the sound bug, then literally game breaking pit bugs, its great!

lol.

Is the framerate a lot better is what more I am asking?. I know they still have bugs to fix, but just wondering if performance is any better.

GHG

Gold Member

The xbox one version of this game is a pretty big mess from looking at all the feedback/reports coming from users with that platform.

I'm starting to think they shouldn't have gone through the trouble of releasing it on that platform and just skipped it, much like the Wii U.

op_ivy

lol.

Is the framerate a lot better is what more I am asking?. I know they still have bugs to fix, but just wondering if performance is any better.
It seemed better, yes. I did race a 36 car race along hwy 101 that had some significant drops though

Fox Mulder

The xbox one version of this game is a pretty big mess from looking at all the feedback/reports coming from users with that platform.

I'm starting to think they shouldn't have gone through the trouble of releasing it on that platform and just skipped it, much like the Wii U.

I dont think it should have been canceled. I've been playing it fine enough on the xb1 despite a few issues and flaws.

I do wonder how long it'll last on the xb1 though with the certainly more polished forza coming soon.

Effect

So how is this looking overall? If you have options to Forza and DriveClub on the XBO and PS4 is it better to stick with those games? Is the PC version fairing better or the same issues I'm seeing?

Hawk269

So how is this looking overall? If you have options to Forza and DriveClub on the XBO and PS4 is it better to stick with those games? Is the PC version fairing better or the same issues I'm seeing?

Driveclub while a fun arcade game, should not be even brought up in the same conversation with Forza or P-Cars. DC is an arcade, bounce off the walls racing game, where Forza and P-Cars are more sim oriented. Don't get me wrong, I love DC and still play it, but it is my arcade racer type of game where Pcars and Forza are my "more realistic" racers.

GHG

Gold Member

Here's the deal:

If you have a ps4 and want a sim racer, get PCars, it runs well now. If you prefer an arcade racer get Driveclub.

If you have an xbox one and want a sim racer then it's a tough one. Technically the game is poor on that platform, but the core of the game still remains so I'm sure there's still some fun to be had. However if technical issues/bugs are important to you then get Forza 5 or wait for 6 but bear in mind that the core racing experience probably won't be as good since you can't have longer races with pit stops, fuel/tire wear, qualifying, practice and set custom race lengths. The weather/night aspects will also not be dynamic in FM6. So it's a bit of a toss up and depends on what kind of experience you want and how much importance you place on certain things. If you want an arcade racer on there get Forza Horizon 2.

If you have a capable gaming PC then ignore everything I said above and get PCars on that.

Mascot

Here's the deal:

If you have a ps4 and want a sim racer, get PCars, it runs well now. If you prefer an arcade racer get Driveclub.

If you have an xbox one and want a sim racer then it's a tough one. Technically the game is poor on that platform, but the core of the game still remains so I'm sure there's still some fun to be had. However if technical issues/bugs are important to you then get Forza 5 or wait for 6 but bear in mind that the core racing experience probably won't be as good since you can't have longer races with pit stops, fuel/tire wear, qualifying, practice and set custom race lengths. The weather/night aspects will also not be dynamic in FM6. So it's a bit of a toss up and depends on what kind of experience you want and how much importance you place on certain things. If you want an arcade racer on there get Forza Horizon 2.

If you have a capable gaming PC then ignore everything I said above and get PCars on that.

Yep, good summary.

Dilly

Banned
Tire wear on the GT3 tires is not fast enough, I could do a 100% race with one set of softs.

Also, I'm still whooping the AI's ass even at 100% difficulty.

danowat

Banned
Wow, lol.

PS4 is less/not affected by this bug, right? Still waiting for a PSN sale to pick this one up.

It appears (although not to the same degree) to affect the PS4 as well.

I would assume, considering the AI is running a simplified physics system, that is the reason why when the system is under heavy load their times remain static, where as the player, who is running a much more complex physics system, and the combined load this is putting on an already taxed system, the player cannot attain the same laptimes as if the game wasn't under such a load from weather or AI numbers.

Pjsprojects

My pc version of this game won't show the Raptor AMD overlay, so I can't record clips on the Play tv app.
Anyone else have this with an AMD card?

Top Bottom