• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

literally can't watch/listen to this anymore because of Colin...

Quoting you because you're the most recent although this post isn't directly aimed at you (it's a general statement abou the Colin hate both here and elsewhere), but if you people can't watch this anymore because of Colin, then how were you ever watching it to begin with?

I can understand (even though I think it was dramatically overblown) the PS4 Pro "controversy", but seeing people getting mad at him because he thinks not having big holiday games is a big deal, or that he doesn't see Gravity Rush 2 or The Last Guardian as tentpole AAA holiday games is just absurd. I'm getting the feeling in the last few weeks that the PS4 Pro blowback has just given some people the tipping reason to hate Colin and now they're going to make him a target and try and rip him apart over every little thing they disagree with.

His comments on some aspects of the PS4 Pro were wrong, not offensively wrong, but wrong. You can't take that and extend it out to every time he disagrees with you now. I've seen people post about his statements about the fall lineup and TLG being "wrong", when there's not a damn thing factually wrong about what he's saying, it's just his opinion. It's seeming like the people that really hate Colin already are having a hard time seeing the difference between that.

Sony should have had GTS this year, its brand is large enough to compete with the big third party games. They are just too slow, Kaz needs more people over there, 3 years in November no GT -_- come on PD. Also releasing GR2 and TLG so close is just stupid.

GOOCHY

This stuff is supposed to be fun! Colin seems angry/burned out/whatever. Who knows, maybe something else is going on. One thing I'd say is that these guys are entertainers. Greg seems to get that. You have to be "on" when you do this show. That means not yawning or acting like you'd rather be somewhere else.

If it isn't fun anymore maybe it's time to find something else to do - both for recreation and professionally. It's totally understandable - sometimes if you turn your hobby into a profession it starts to become not as fun anymore.

This stuff is supposed to be fun! Colin seems angry/burned out/whatever. Who knows, maybe something else is going on. One thing I'd say is that these guys are entertainers. Greg seems to get that. You have to be "on" when you do this show. That means not yawning or acting like you'd rather be somewhere else.

If it isn't fun anymore maybe it's time to find something else to do - both for recreation and professionally. It's totally understandable - sometimes if you turn your hobby into a profession it starts to become not as fun anymore.
This is another notable point too.

Being a Kindafunny fan I would certainly disagree with this statement about Colin in general he has been on good form for a while now and this does not seem to have affected the other shows imo, if fact Colins generally seems very happy for Colin, which i credit to Erin (and Lola).

If a patreon on Kindafunny the chat with his mother (recorded in may) is very imformative and confirms he is using a persona in video (been said before too) and goes into receiving hate etc but record back in may so not related to this. It is also amazing intresting in general (GoG exclusive this month) imo.

Great show today!!! Going to play inside now since I forgot about it and can confirm Overcooked with the wife is amazing!!!

Getting through the rest of the show now, good the focus is on games again where I think most PS fans can all agree, PS4 is a darn fine gaming machine, once it's all said and done might surpass previous gens in quality software IMO.

Jmille99

So since they ranked their top AAA exclusive games from the following list, figured people could here as well:

Days Gone
Death Stranding
Detroit: Become Human
Dreams
God of War
Gran Turismo
Horizon: Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Spider-Man

And heres mine, from least to most:

9. Dreams
8. Gran Turismo
7. The Last Guardian
6. Detroit: Become Human
5. Days Gone
4. God of War
3. Death Stranding
2. Spider-Man
1. Horizon: Zero Dawn

Something a lil bit more fun then what has been discussed the last several weeks.

:
And heres mine, from least to most:

9. Dreams
8. Gran Turismo
7. The Last Guardian
5. Days Gone
4. God of War
3. Death Stranding
2. Spider-Man

Something a lil bit more fun then what has been discussed the last several weeks.

9. Dreams
8. Death Stranding
7. Spider Man
6. Gran Turismo
5. The Last Guardian
4. Detroit: Become Human
3. God of War
2. Days Gone

Zukkoyaki

9. Gran Turismo
8. Days Gone
7. Dreams
5. The Last Guardian
4. Death Stranding
3. God of War
2. Spider-Man
1. Horizon Zero Dawn

DKHF

9. Gran Turismo Sport
8. Dreams
7. Days Gone
6. Death Stranding
5. Detroit: Become Human
4. The Last Guardian
3. God of War
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Spider-Man

Very tough to rank the top 3.

For me it'd be tiers, games I won't play, games i might play, and day 1 games

Games I won't play
9. GT Sport (just not a car guy)
8. Dreams (What is this game?)
7. Detroit (not my type of game)
Games I might play
6. Death Stranding (I like action games but we know nothing about it)
5. Days Gone (I really don't like zombie type games but if its good enough I might play it)
4. The Last Guardian (When on Sale, I might play it out of curiosity)
Day 1 Games
3. Spider-Man (Insomniac + Spider-Man = GOLD)
2. God of War (I love god of war games and this new one looks awesome)
1. Horizon: Zero Dawn (Enough has been said about this game).

Enjoyed the ranking of the 9 upcoming games. Here's mine!

Probably Won't Play
9. Dreams
8. GT Sport

Might Play
7. Death Stranding
5. The Last Guardian

Will Definitely Play
4. Days Gone
3. God of War
2. Spider-Man
1. Horizon Zero Dawn

b3b0p

My thoughts, your words.

Well said, its actually depressing to watch unfold. These are the worst type of people to encounter, because they just add nothing to elevate the conversation, and detract from it.

Colin should probably be removed from the show, or Kinda Funny altogether.

Exactly, it's been getting worse. It started in the latter Beyond days and months. It's gotten to the point where I have a hard time listening.

9. Dreams
8. Death Stranding
7. Spider Man
6. Gran Turismo
5. The Last Guardian
3. God of War
2. Days Gone

1.God of war (I estimate over 5 million copies sold)
2.Horizon (5+ million)
3.Spider Man (3+ million)
4.Death Stranding (3+ million)
5.Last Guardian (1 million)
6.Days Gone (2 million)
7.Detroit: Become Human (2 million)
8.Dreams (Anywhere from 100k to 10 million, it could be a bomb, it could be huge, i dont know)
9.GT Sport (5 million)

I do want to make it clear that Gravity Rush 2 should be on this list, and if it were it would be my #1, despite the fact that it is obviously going to sell the least amount of copies of any of these games.

ArmageddB

Great show today!!! Going to play inside now since I forgot about it and can confirm Overcooked with the wife is amazing!!!

Getting through the rest of the show now, good the focus is on games again where I think most PS fans can all agree, PS4 is a darn fine gaming machine, once it's all said and done might surpass previous gens in quality software IMO.

I'm happy I finished Inside a few weeks ago, I'm interested to hear what Colin has to say about it.

I just picked up Overcooked since its on sale on PSN right now, good to hear that's a fun game too.

Servbot24

Banned
1. Death Stranding
2. The Last Guardian
3. Gran Turismo
<--- Gravity Rush 2
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Spider-Man
6. God of War
7. Dreams
8. Detroit: Become Human
9. Days Gone

As excited as I am for TLG, Death Stranding is the game that I am more eager than any other to find out any little bit of information.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm sure you can put it on your list. No one really has a problem with semantics around here.

Except Colin and Greg, who automatically dismiss games because they are not western, don't cost 80 million, and aren't 'mainstream' enough. So they say there are no games for the winter and then cry about no games in the winter time.

Srsly, its annoying.

9. Dreams
8. The Last Guardian
7. Death Stranding
6. GT Sport
5. God of War
3. Days Gone
2. Spider-Man

Pretty big gap after Horizon and Spider-Man for me.

Edit: Persona 5 and Gravity Rush 2 would have been top 4 alongside Horizon and Spider-Man if they can be included.

My list might be the most different so far.

-- Persona 5
1. The Last Guardian
2. Dreams
3. Detroit: Become Human
-- Gravity Rush 2
4. God of War (have played about 1 hour total of the series)
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. Spiderman
7. Death Stranding
8. Days Gone
9. GT Sport

Dont know much about it but I feel like Nioh should have factored into this discussion. Haven't finished listening though.

To people saying they left this game off, they left that game off, remember that their lists are not objective. If they do not like a specific game or at least have little (to no) interest in it, it will not make their top 10 list. And as Greg said, they are not permanent lists, but are rather like sports power rankings which change on a week to week basis. Maybe a game that was not originally on the list eventually sneaks in and something that was on the list initially is jettisoned. If they were objective lists, they would probably look quite different. For instance, MLB: The Show is a huge IP for Sony (in terms of sales and reception), yet you'll probably never see it make either of their lists.

Inuhanyou

To people saying they left this game off, they left that game off, remember that their lists are not objective. If they do not like a specific game or at least have little (to no) interest in it, it will not make their top 10 list. And as Greg said, they are not permanent lists, but are rather like sports power rankings which change on a week to week basis. Maybe a game that was not originally on the list eventually sneaks in and something that was on the list initially is jettisoned. If they were objective lists, they would probably look quite different. For instance, MLB: The Show is a huge IP for Sony (in terms of sales and reception), yet you'll probably never see it make either of their lists.

Itsnot about this list, its about their actual sentiments in general in regards to what games matter and what games dont

Eggbok

My list is

1. Dreams
2. Dreams
3. Dreams
4. Dreams
5. Dreams
6. Dreams
7. God of War
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
9. Spider-man
10. Gravity Rush 2

Dreams is my most anticipated game, I want to remake so many worlds with that game.

Hopefully people's impressions of Dreams will improve once they show some campaign content and beta releases. Just can't see Media Molecule's next big project turning out poorly..

SamNW

I'm going to use a more sensible list. Must be a platform (not console) exclusive, published by SIE. Skytorn, Here They Lie, Wild, and Hotshots Golf are still excluded.

Horizon, Dreams, GT Sport, Detroit, MatterFall, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, God of War, What Remains of Edith Finch, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Death Stranding

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. MatterFall
3. What Remains of Edith Finch
4. God of War
5. Detroit: Become Human
6. Death Stranding
7. The Last Guardian
8. Days Gone
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Spider-Man
11. Dreams
12. Gran Turismo Sport

messiaen

Inside is probably the most important game of the generation so far. I can't recommend it enough. I hope you enjoy it and love it as much as I did.

Inuhanyou

Greg said he loved Gravity Rush and he agrees its not a AAA game so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

But it is AAA, they are putting a good budget behind it. It doesnt have to cost 60 million dollars to be a large scale project

Bolivar687

Banned
1. Death Stranding
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. God of War
4. GT Sport
5. Spiderman
6. Detroit
7. Dreams
8. Day's Gone
9. The Last Guardian

0. schlong connery
2. Spiderman
3. Death Stranding
4. The Last Guardian
5. God of War
6. Detroit Become Human
7. GT Sport
8. Days Gone
9. Dreams

But it is AAA, they are putting a good budget behind it. It doesnt have to cost 60 million dollars to be a large scale project
That's a fair argument. I just don't think saying "they don't like it so they didn't put it on here." Is fair.

But I don't consider it a AAA game either as it seems like a smaller budget game that they aren't promoting too much.

I feel like we need to get away from this idea that long development = automatic shit game. I'm sure there are plenty of movies, albums, and games that have been worked on, shelved, and retooled over a long period of time that turned out good. Nioh by all accounts sounds like it's amazing. As for TLG and FFXV, I have some faith.

1.Horizon: Zero Dawn
2.Spider-Man
3.God of War
4.Gravity Rush 2
5.The Last Guardian
6.Days Gone
7.Detroit: Become Human
8.Dreams
9.Death Stranding

The top 4 are interchangeable, 6 and 7 aren't as anticipated as those above them but I still look forward to them, 8 is meh and 9 is 9 because there is nothing concrete yet lol. I don't care for racers so GTS didn't make the cut.

TKM

N/A Death Stranding - Don't know enough to form an opinion.

1. Gran Turismo Sport - There's no game more important to motorsports.

2. The Last Guardian - I don't care how long it's been in dev, or what the reviews say; I must play it for myself.

*Gravity Rush 2 - Because Kat is a joy to move.

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn - Robo dinos, childhood dream.

4. Detroit Become Human - Need variety in my gaming, more QD.

5. Spiderman - Spidey eh, Insomniac awesome.

6. Day's Gone - Fun to watch zombie wave movements, not much else.

7. God of War - Tired angry IP.

8. Dreams - Not much into creating.

joebruin

I feel like we need to get away from this idea that long development = automatic shit game. I'm sure there are plenty of movies, albums, and games that have been worked on, shelved, and retooled over a long period of time that turned out good. Nioh by all accounts sounds like it's amazing. As for TLG and FFXV, I have some faith.

positive things about FFXV have been rolling in from the last two playable build events. i'm a little bit more skeptical about TLG. haven't really seen any glowing previews of the game.

I would go with...
1. Spider-Man
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. God of War
4. Dreams
5. The Last Guardian
7. Days Gone
8. Gran Turismo Sport
9. Death Stranding

bigjig

I don't understand why Gravity Rush 2 wouldn't qualify as AAA when something like Dreams does considering how much the scope of the game has been expanded on from the previous Vita game.

Adding that in I'd go

1. The Last Guardian
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Spiderman
5. God of War
6. Detroit Become Human
7. Gran Turismo Sport
8. Days Gone
9. Dreams

I've left off Death Stranding because so little is known about that game that's it's pretty much unrankable for me. On Kojima's name alone it'd probably fit in around 3 or 4.

Top Bottom