• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

br3wnor

The Gibson from Missouri hockey segment was great, had me laughing pretty hard.

Solid episode, I was a bit surprised by Greg's take on Titanfall 2's single player, given the reaction to it on GAF and how much he enjoys Titanfall generally.

The Gibson from Missouri hockey segment was great, had me laughing pretty hard.

Solid episode, I was a bit surprised by Greg's take on Titanfall 2's single player, given the reaction to it on GAF and how much he enjoys Titanfall generally.

It was a very Golden Age Podcast Beyond-esque moment.

D i Z

Fan writes in about lack of POC in battlefield 1 with a black character on the cover and Colin talks about all the white skin characters and says if the writer even played the game.

Really, did you expect it to go any other way? Dude was noping all through the question being read, and it went downhill from there.

"You can't please some people."

Write in about POC being advertised but underrepresented in the game, to a couple of dudes that probably didn't even notice until they were asked.... and then acknowledged the issue just in time to 180 on it and take a hard stance against the observation.
lol

rubes7844

Banned
Really, did you expect it to go any other way? Dude was noping all through the question being read, and it went downhill from there.

"You can't please some people."

Write in about POC being advertised but underrepresented in the game, to a couple of dudes that probably didn't even notice until they were asked.... and then acknowledged the issue just in time to 180 on it and take a hard stance against the observation.
lol

Yep, bunch of clowns.

14:35, Colin says that next year we are going to get Wolfenstein. Is this known? I can understand thinking it's coming out, but he said it with a sense of certainty. Maybe he let it slip?

14:35, Colin says that next year we are going to get Wolfenstein. Is this known? I can understand thinking it's coming out, but he said it with a sense of certainty. Maybe he let it slip?

It'll have been three years since The New Order and we know it's in development as two of the voice actors have let it slip. I would guess at late 2017 or early 2018.

It'll have been three years since The New Order and we know it's in development as two of the voice actors have let it slip. I would guess at late 2017 or early 2018.

Right and like I said, I understand thinking or piecing together that it is coming out soon, but I just hadn't heard of any announcement or anything. And the DLC was not too long ago.

It just grabbed my attention because it was my personal 2014 GotY and I was going to kick myself if I missed an announcement about it. Thought this might be a bit of inside info that slipped.

alemmon

I really think their topic of the show is on point. I am happy that Drawn to Death is a paid title now. The game needs a proper chance and I really dont think it had a great chance as a F2P title. The Tomorrow Children was another great example of a game that could have been a hit but that game was sent out to die. I actually agree with them a lot on this topic.

Grechy34

The Titanfall talk really annoyed me. Now I will start by saying I am a big fan of both Colin and Greg and I have posted before how I think Colin is one of the most astute personalities in the gaming media. The reason the segment irritated me was that they were judging the game purely on the merits of a campaign. The games are built around multiplayer. I understand you can have an opinion on the campaign but I’m sorry you cannot judge the merits of the game based on it. Most of the Titanfall 9s are because of the great, innovative multiplayer in which CoD has become stale in. I really wish if they were going to go off some suspect reviews around Titanfall they had Alfredo or someone in the multiplayer shooter know come in to balance the argument because they really came across as having absolutely no clue why Titanfall has reviewed so well.

Also is it just me or have they just completely dismissed the Playstation Pro? Will they be covering it at all? There’s been a tonne of PSVR shit but the release of a new console and they have been dead silent on it. I may be wrong though.

The Titanfall talk really annoyed me. Now I will start by saying I am a big fan of both Colin and Greg and I have posted before how I think Colin is one of the most astute personalities in the gaming media. The reason the segment irritated me was that they were judging the game purely on the merits of a campaign. The games are built around multiplayer. I understand you can have an opinion on the campaign but I’m sorry you cannot judge the merits of the game based on it. Most of the Titanfall 9s are because of the great, innovative multiplayer in which CoD has become stale in. I really wish if they were going to go off some suspect reviews around Titanfall they had Alfredo or someone in the multiplayer shooter know come in to balance the argument because they really came across as having absolutely no clue why Titanfall has reviewed so well.

Also is it just me or have they just completely dismissed the Playstation Pro? Will they be covering it at all? There’s been a tonne of PSVR shit but the release of a new console and they have been dead silent on it. I may be wrong though.

They have dismissed the PS4 Pro and I think they have wisely chosen to just ignore it rather than continue to criticize or bash it.

Grechy34

They have dismissed the PS4 Pro and I think they have wisely chosen to just ignore it rather than continue to criticize or bash it.

Why because of the opinions of others? That’s really disappointing. It’s a pretty big event in the history of Sony. I understand they don’t like the idea of a mid cycle upgrade and I respect their opinion but man at least cover it if you are going to have a Playstation centric show.

Neonep

Why because of the opinions of others? That’s really disappointing. It’s a pretty big event in the history of Sony. I understand they don’t like the idea of a mid cycle upgrade and I respect their opinion but man at least cover it if you are going to have a Playstation centric show.
No it is not. That thing isn't that big of a deal at all.

I mean, they have spent like two or three main PS I Love You topics over the Pro, and each time it was met with an outcry. I'm sure they're tired of people getting upset at them over it.

Grechy34

I mean, they have spent like two or three main PS I Love You topics over the Pro, and each time it was met with an outcry. I'm sure they're tired of people getting upset at them over it.

Which only proves they are true to their word on opinion and honesty and didn’t fanboy the console which I really respect even though I didn’t necessarily agree with some of their points. Would just love to hear their opinion after using it though – even though I do expect it to be much of the same in any case.

J-Skee

Which only proves they are true to their word on opinion and honesty and didn’t fanboy the console which I really respect even though I didn’t necessarily agree with some of their points. Would just love to hear their opinion after using it though – even though I do expect it to be much of the same in any case.

Just curious, have they ever come out & walked backed on some statements after it was found out that you don't need a 4K TV to use Pro, & that'll you'll get improvements from a 1080p set?

Grechy34

Just curious, have they ever come out & walked backed on some statements after it was found out that you don't need a 4K TV to use Pro, & that'll you'll get improvements from a 1080p set?

I haven't heard anything about that TBH. I wouldn't expect them to really care about that though. The main argument was that it wasn't innovating games.

Neonep

It’s the first time we’ve seen a mid cycle upgrade in a console lifespan. I would consider it pretty monumental but each to their own.
Why would they truly devote time to it when there isn't much more to say about it. It's not like it is a brand new console with brand new games or anything major.

I haven't heard anything about that TBH. I wouldn't expect them to really care about that though. The main argument was that it wasn't innovating games.

What exactly do you want them say? "The games look better". It enhances the same games you can play on your current PS4. It doesn't innovate so I'm sure their stance has not changed. If you enjoyed the ignorance they were spouting more power to you, but I think most are glad they have moved on to things that 1) they are knowledgeable about and 2) are actually interested in.

Grechy34

What exactly do you want them say? "The games look better". It enhances the same games you can play on your current PS4. It doesn't innovate so I'm sure their stance has not changed. If you enjoyed the ignorance they were spouting more power to you, but I think most are glad they have moved on to things that 1) they are knowledgeable about and 2) are actually interested in.

I would have liked some coverage and yes see the differences for themselves (VR and regular games) and then re-affirm their opinion. Not pretend it doesn't exist which seems to be the way they are handling the criticism which ensued after their initial thoughts.

I would have liked some coverage and yes see the differences for themselves (VR and regular games) and then re-affirm their opinion. Not pretend it doesn't exist which seems to be the way they are handling the criticism which ensued after their initial thoughts.
They might have just gotten there’s...Also, I think first standout game for Pro is still on the Horizon...

I expect a lot of people to be much more excited when big AAA games are out and flourishing on 4K sets.

Horizon
GTS
Days Gone
RE7

Hopefully
TLG
FF15

but these might be too early releases. Atm...there’s not much to really talk about with Pro that isn’t technical and Colin and Greg don’t care about specs like at all...

Grechy34

They might have just gotten there’s...Also, I think first standout game for Pro is still on the Horizon...

I expect a lot of people to be much more excited when big AAA games are out and flourishing on 4K sets.

Horizon
GTS
Days Gone
RE7

Hopefully
TLG
FF15

but these might be too early releases. Atm...there’s not much to really talk about with Pro that isn’t technical and Colin and Greg don’t care about specs like at all...

Fair point. Will be interesting to see if they will eventually go down the 4K trail.

EmiPrime

I recommending listening to Official PlayStation Magazine-UK Podcast and Official PlayStation Blogcast instead. PS I love You is a lost cause.

Yeah I think it is kinda weird that the number 1 Playstion podcast didn't cover the pro. Hopefully we will get their thoughts on it in later episodes

Man, Colin really got on his soapbox talking about F2P and second-party exclusives. Hearing him just unleash a stream of negativity for what felt like 40 minutes was painful. You'd think PlayStation was about to go bust based on the way he was talking about them.

I think I'm done with ps I love you.

Colin is just a asshole on twitter.
Going back to 2009 I had listened to every episode of Beyond and PS I Love You up until the last few episodes.
Every episode now feels like a shell of what Podcast Beyond used to be. Sad to hear. Just stale segments and negativity.

I'll check back in a few months to see if it's improved.
And I agree, Colin is definitely being a dick.

Strings

Going back to 2009 I had listened to every episode of Beyond and PS I Love You up until the last few episodes.
Every episode now feels like a shell of what Podcast Beyond used to be. Sad to hear. Just stale segments and negativity..

Yeah, same. Been pretty fed up with the guys since they funded the animated series.

Same. I simply cannot support a man who is so blind to other people's suffering, so absorbed in his own privilege.

I'm officially done with anything Colin is a part of.

I stopped posting on this thread because folks got outta hand and the vitriol and toxicity towards Colin was a bit too much for me.

But seeing his recent tweets during Election Night has completely put me off. Colin...is a troubled person and he needs help.

The only "confirmation" we have is that thing from the Bethesda E3 press conference that looked like a directory, which included what appeared to be a new Wolfenstein title.

oijczwn.png

It appears that New Colossus is related to Wolfenstein. Could it be a full sequel or simply a stand-alone expansion like Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

Ray Down

Banned
The only "confirmation" we have is that thing from the Bethesda E3 press conference that looked like a directory, which included what appeared to be a new Wolfenstein title.

oijczwn.png

It appears that New Colossus is related to Wolfenstein. Could it be a full sequel or simply a stand-alone expansion like Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

There's no way machine games been working this long on an expansion.

Also a massive fuck you to Collin for his comments.

Mezoly

I stopped posting on this thread because folks got outta hand and the vitriol and toxicity towards Colin was a bit too much for me.

But seeing his recent tweets during Election Night has completely put me off. Colin...is a troubled person and he needs help.

I agree. I defended him repeatedly on this thread and the community one. But his exchange with Max and the level of dickishness and lack of empathy he showed today was off putting.

What were the comments Colin made on Twitter? He blocked me for correcting him on some facts he got wrong about the Pro and for telling him to not be negative all the time, so I can't see.

Liamc723

What were the comments Colin made on Twitter? He blocked me for correcting him on some facts he got wrong about the Pro and for telling him to not be negative all the time, so I can't see.

"The hyperbole on Twitter is through the roof right now.

The sun will come up tomorrow. Relax. #ElectionNight"

He's absolutely pathetic.

"The hyperbole on Twitter is through the roof right now.

The sun will come up tomorrow. Relax. #ElectionNight"

He's absolutely pathetic.

Jesus Christ, does he not have any ability to empathise? Sure, life will be fine because he's a privileged white dude in San Francisco, but what about the loads of people who will have their lives radically changed?

I'm getting closer and closer to not listening to PS I Love You or any of their other stuff, and it's literally all because of Colin.

Back on topic, it's odd they didn't really cover the PS4 Pro. I thought for sure Sony would bring around a 4K TV and show the system off to them -- the improvements are pretty big on the right screen.

Meh, I agree with previous posters that if they're not willing to try to understand what it is, then it's probably better they just ignore it. Just a bit odd... You'd expect the biggest PlayStation podcast to have some kind of coverage of a new PlayStation hardware launch.

I guess it just shows how the team has changed since the Beyond days. They no longer really need to research and understand things they don't want to like they did in the IGN days. A shame.

This is why politics need never be spoken of if you are a social media person.

My views are likely controversial as well
I don't vote or have faith in government in general,
and I strive to just keep that stuff to myself and empathize with as many people as possible.

Even someone trying to talk me into voting, if they are passionate about it, I'll listen and emphathize with them and just be cool about it.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion, this episode was a decent show, that's Colin he's just negative. I think if TLG, FF15, Horizon, Nioh, and Gravity Rush all review well with good word of mouth, that innate feeling he's talking about will be gone. Sony simply isn't releasing all that much in the next few months, there's nothing AAA or Indy to be excited about.

12BoM

Guys. Colin is presenting very reasonable arguments in defense of his views, especially if you were watching Colin & Greg live today.

It's incredibly unfair the way you guys are disregarding the mans opinions simply because they may oppose your own. And as a matter of fact, he actually agrees with most of you (and for that matter, me as well)!

It's called thinking critically about the situation we find ourselves in and being able to take a step back and actually evaluate our current standing. Agree or disagree with his conclusions, that is the approach that everybody should be taking: Trump, Clinton, or other supporters alike

Coda

Guys. Colin is presenting very reasonable arguments in defense of his views, especially if you were watching Colin & Greg live today.

It's incredibly unfair the way you guys are disregarding the mans opinions simply because they may oppose your own. And as a matter of fact, he actually agrees with most of you (and for that matter, me as well)!

It's called thinking critically about the situation we find ourselves in and being able to take a step back and actually evaluate our current standing. Agree or disagree with his conclusions, that is the approach that everybody should be taking: Trump, Clinton, or other supporters aside

I agree, Colin is very fair. I think his main point is that hating Trump is only perpetuating the idea of "hate" and "anger".

Top Bottom