• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

-SG

Jesus Christ, does he not have any ability to empathise? Sure, life will be fine because he's a privileged white dude in San Francisco, but what about the loads of people who will have their lives radically changed?

I'm getting closer and closer to not listening to PS I Love You or any of their other stuff, and it's literally all because of Colin.

I'm not sure if you guys are being serious or not about that specific tweet but it seems innocent enough to me. My Facebook feed is also blowing up with people who will be largely unaffected by this, but are nonetheless losing their shit. Perhaps he was directing it towards other privileged white dudes in San Francisco who won't have their lives radically changed as a result of this election. I don't think he was being malicious towards anyone in particular, but then again I don't know the full context.

12BoM

I'm sorry but the whole "people who call out racist are the real racist" argument has before and not going work now. This "hate" and "anger" is absolutely justified.

And here is where the selective hearing comes into play. This is not what Colin has been saying at all!!! He said he understands the hate and anger. All he is doing is evaluating the landscape that allowed Trump to win and Hilary to lose. He believes being over reactionary (not saying people are necessarily over reacting, but there definitely some that are) people may in fact be the cause for these things to happen, and he provided logic behind his opinion.

What more can people ask for? He isn't asking you to agree. He is volunteering an idea that some people may not be considering. Whether it is right or wrong, it is an idea nevertheless

Coda

I'm sorry but the whole "people who call out racist are the real racist" argument has before and not going work now. This "hate" and "anger" is absolutely justified.

Trust me I'm with you, I voted Hillary and was an avid Bernie supporter but we now all need to try and come together despite this awful outcome. I just respect Colin for standing on the middle of the battleground, he understands politics and studied history so I respect his view regardless of who he supports. It's crucial that we can at least have a conversation to improve. The problem is many Trump supporters (not all) are awful people so I totally agree with you.

Guys. Colin is presenting very reasonable arguments in defense of his views

Being blazé about the repercussions a Trump presidency will have on minorities and saying shit like "calm down, the sun will rise tomorrow, everything will be fine" is not a "view" and it certainly isn't reasonable. That's him being a privileged ignorant asshole and I don't have to put up with his bullshit.

Fuck Colin.

Being blazé about the repercussions a Trump presidency will have on minorities and saying shit like "calm down, the sun will rise tomorrow, everything will be fine" is not a "view" and it certainly isn't reasonable. That's him being a privileged ignorant asshole and I don't have to put up with his bullshit.

Fuck Colin.

Exactly. And because of that I took his advice of "speaking with my wallet." Pulled my patreon support.

12BoM

Fuck Colin.

Put up with it, or don't. If you listened to the hour+ discussion they had today which surely had more information and logic than a sub 140 character tweet, then you might feel otherwise.

But it appears you already made up your mind on someone who hates Trump as much as the next person, who hated Trump enough to leave the Republican party after being obsessed with them for years. That man did as much as a Republican can do to boycott Trump without voting Democrat, and people are still shitting on him.

People have to stop dismissing a "priviliged" opinion as one that isn't worthwhile. He admits that maybe his views could be bc of him being a White male, but that doesn't mean he didn't demonstrate logic and a backing of his reasoning. Stop being unfair.

Nevyr

Banned
The problem is with whoever can't respect others who don't share same ideologies as you, goes for politics, relgion, (blank), etc.

You do not have to agree with them, but you should at least be able to respect them, I woke up this morning to listen to a bunch of clowns protesting/vandalizing the streets.

These people are the true problem. Not someone who discusses his opinion, someone like Colin..

On a side note: Trump always said the system is rigged, popular vote didn't become president.

That's rigged to me =)

graybot

Just noticed he got into a bit of a twitter battle with the guy who now hosts podcast beyond

They probably should have kept that between themselves

Nevyr

Banned

Fuck Colin.

What effect will it have?

ArmageddB

Back on topic, it's odd they didn't really cover the PS4 Pro. I thought for sure Sony would bring around a 4K TV and show the system off to them -- the improvements are pretty big on the right screen.

Meh, I agree with previous posters that if they're not willing to try to understand what it is, then it's probably better they just ignore it. Just a bit odd... You'd expect the biggest PlayStation podcast to have some kind of coverage of a new PlayStation hardware launch.

I guess it just shows how the team has changed since the Beyond days. They no longer really need to research and understand things they don't want to like they did in the IGN days. A shame.

Well, they didn't go to the PS4 Pro reveal event that they were invited to where Sony had 4K TV's set up to show people what the games looked like...

I too feel that they're too busy trying to run the show these days to be fully plugged into what's going on.

fulsome

Put up with it, or don't. If you listened to the hour+ discussion they had today which surely had more information and logic than a sub 140 character tweet, then you might feel otherwise.

But it appears you already made up your mind on someone who hates Trump as much as the next person, who hated Trump enough to leave the Republican party after being obsessed with them for years. That man did as much as a Republican can do to boycott Trump without voting Democrat, and people are still shitting on him.

People have to stop dismissing a "priviliged" opinion as one that isn't worthwhile. He admits that maybe his views could be bc of him being a White male, but that doesn't mean he didn't demonstrate logic and a backing of his reasoning. Stop being unfair.

If you are going to speak your mind and 140 characters is a limitation, well, you should probably not say anything if that isn't sufficient to speak your mind.

Back on topic, I do agree that the episodes are more and more disappointing in terms of actual content. It seems that a lot of the episodes revolve around the same types of debates/topics. I understand that it isn't as easy as snapping my fingers to come up with new things to talk about, but it gets pretty dull when the people providing us with information does not do some homework on what they talk about and just retread on old topics.

Nevyr

Banned
Well, they didn't go to the PS4 Pro reveal event that they were invited to where Sony had 4K TV's set up to show people what the games looked like...

I too feel that they're too busy trying to run the show these days to be fully plugged into what's going on.

Probably true, I do wish they would cover it a bit, like saying this is the differences.

Might just be too early in cycle, as the console just coming out and all.

Just noticed he got into a bit of a twitter battle with the guy who now hosts podcast beyond

They probably should have kept that between themselves

I might have missed a tweet but looking back at that exchange, it looked like to me Max took a funny/immature jab at Colin and he simply told him to kiss his ass. Not much else to say there.

Take this shit to the community thread if you wanna comment on it. People are here to discuss the podcast. And he's not saying anything out of the ordinary either — as much I despise his libertarian and borderline neocon politics, he's making cogent points.

I definitely think Colin and Greg are super busy with running Kinda Funny and as a result it's had a huge impact on the quality of the show.

Grechy34

What was up with the tweets with Max? Was completely out of character. I hope those guys are cool with each other as that was really shitty to see.

I agree, Colin is very fair. I think his main point is that hating Trump is only perpetuating the idea of "hate" and "anger".

That is the most tired bullshit. No one has to be tolerant towards intolerance, acting like "both sides" are equally valid is cancerous, and it plagues the mass media, and that's partly why we're in the situation that we're in.

Coda

That is the most tired bullshit. No one has to be tolerant towards intolerance, acting like "both sides" are equally valid is cancerous, and it plagues the mass media, and that's partly why we're in the situation that we're in.

image.php

I think if TLG, FF15, Horizon, Nioh, and Gravity Rush all review well with good word of mouth, that innate feeling he's talking about will be gone. Sony simply isn't releasing all that much in the next few months, there's nothing AAA or Indy to be excited about.

You said Sony isn't releasing much in the next few months and then in the same paragraph listed 4 exclusives coming to the system in the next few months. Also throw in Yakuza 0, Persona 5 to that list. That's 6 exclusives right there.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The problem with Colin's "innocent" "the sun will still rise tomorrow" tweet is its stunning lack of empathy. Saying nothing or displaying a little empathy is completely free, and he opted not to, which disappoints me deeply.

On a day where suicide hotlines aren't able to keep up and when my wife's 4th-grade class which is 100% POC is full of sobbing kids because members of their family are undocumented... the truth is the sun won't still rise tomorrow for some of these people. That's the issue with Colin's response.

NFX45

Neo Member
The problem with Colin's "innocent" "the sun will still rise tomorrow" tweet is its stunning lack of empathy. Saying nothing or displaying a little empathy is completely free, and he opted not to, which disappoints me deeply.

On a day where suicide hotlines aren't able to keep up and when my wife's 4th-grade class which is 100% POC is full of sobbing kids because members of their family are undocumented... the truth is the sun won't still rise tomorrow for some of these people. That's the issue with Colin's response.

President Obama issued the same words, skip to 1:45 in the video.

Ha, what?

Hey Colin, try showing a little empathy to those who will be facing real problems as a result of this, or kindly get fucked. Douchebag.

Yeah because that's what was said. Asking someone to show a litlte compassion or empathy= "Get fucked, douchebag". Both sides, amIright?

Yeah because that's what was said. Asking someone to show a litlte compassion or empathy= "Get fucked, douchebag". Both sides, amIright?

I'm sorry, but I can't stand people like Colin. He clearly has no problem with stepping on the backs of others to prop himself up.

People like him are the reason the US is in this mess. He is a symptom of a very real problem. His general disregard for those with real concerns denotes an attitude that is only befitting of a douchebag. He deserves not an ounce of my respect.

That's how I feel.

P.S. I shouldn't be in this thread. I acknowledge that, and will remove myself from the discussion. My apologies for further derailing the podcast discussion.

I'm sorry, but I can't stand people like Colin. He clearly has no problem with stepping on the backs of others to prop himself up.

People like him are the reason the US is in this mess. He is a symptom of a very real problem. His general disregard for those with real concerns denotes an attitude that is only befitting of a douchebag. He deserves not an ounce of my respect.

That's how I feel.

P.S. I shouldn't be in this thread. I acknowledge that, and will remove myself from the discussion. My apologies for further derailing the podcast discussion.

lmao my bad, I thought you were being sarcastic. I mostly agree with you.

1. Why the fuck is this discussion in the PS I Love You thread.
2. If you don't like Colin or his opinions then leave, Colin won't miss you.
3. Everybody has opinions, free speech and all.

Politics shouldn't be in this thread. Can't we get back on topic?

1. Why the fuck is this discussion in the PS I Love You thread.
2. If you don't like Colin or his opinions then leave, Colin won't miss you.
3. Everybody has opinions, free speech and all.

Politics shouldn't be in this thread. Can't we get back on topic?

Yes everyone has opinions, and opinions on a member of a podcast are being discussed. If you don't like that perhaps you should take your own advice.

I think Twitter is one of the worst things for political discussion. There's little room for nuance (and as with posts everywhere, intended tone can be misinterpreted). If you want to hear Colin expand out his views without a word limit, and also hear from Greg and Kevin, the entirety of today's Colin and Greg Live (linked several posts above by me) covers the election.

Also, tonight, some people were seemingly trying to get Colin to bash the protesters, but he responded by saying, while it won't change anything, protesting is a sacred right for Americans and is providing a needed catharsis for them.

On a lighter note, is anyone picking up a PS4 Pro this week? I'm not, as I just purchased PSVR. Also, up to this point, I've never purchased redesigned mid-gen systems, apart from one (GBA SP). I came close to getting a PS3 Slim when I sent my launch PS3 to be repaired. I was told it'd be cheaper for them to send me back a Slim. I agreed, but unfortunately (though, probably unconsciously intentional), I forgot I had removed the hard drive. I was stuck having to pay the normal repair price. In the end, it was worth it to retain the PS2 BC. I think PS5 will be worth the wait.

Mezoly

On a lighter note, is anyone picking up a PS4 Pro this week? I'm not, as I just purchased PSVR. Also, up to this point, I've never purchased redesigned mid-gen systems, apart from one (GBA SP). I came close to getting a PS3 Slim when I sent my launch PS3 to be repaired. I was told it'd be cheaper for them to send me back a Slim. I agreed, but unfortunately (though, probably unconsciously intentional), I forgot I had removed the hard drive. I was stuck having to pay the normal repair price. In the end, it was worth it to retain the PS2 BC. I think PS5 will be worth the wait.

I got PSVR too and not getting PS4 Pro. I don't like mid gen upgrades and I'm voting with my wallet. I prefer 5-6 year jump in graphics than 3-4 years.

I got PSVR too and not getting PS4 Pro. I don't like mid gen upgrades and I'm voting with my wallet. I prefer 5-6 year jump in graphics than 3-4 years.

I expect a PS5 in 2019. 3 years of PS4 (Launch), followed by 3 years of PS4 (Slim/Pro). Maybe leaks in late 2017/early 2018, coinciding with XB1 Scorpio, full reveal some point in 2018 or 2019, with a 2019 release.

PS1 generation (before PS2's release)- 6 years
PS2 generation (before PS3's release)- 6 years
PS3 generation (before PS4's release)- 7 years
PS4 generation (before PS5's release)- 6 years?
PSP generation (before Vita's release)- 7 years
Vita generation (before...... :(

That is very consistent. And makes me wonder why people felt last gen went so long. At least for PlayStation they've gone at least 6 years with every system before a successor is released.

I don't think Colin has said anything incendiary, or even surprising. That said I've always found him to be a tiresome, thoroughly unlikeable guy.

I have never understood why anyone gives two shits about a show as meandering, incoherent and poorly researched as this one. Especially with Colin dragging it down.

Colin is a fucking tool. He's always been one.

And here is where the selective hearing comes into play. This is not what Colin has been saying at all!!! He said he understands the hate and anger. All he is doing is evaluating the landscape that allowed Trump to win and Hilary to lose. He believes being over reactionary (not saying people are necessarily over reacting, but there definitely some that are) people may in fact be the cause for these things to happen, and he provided logic behind his opinion.

What more can people ask for? He isn't asking you to agree. He is volunteering an idea that some people may not be considering. Whether it is right or wrong, it is an idea nevertheless
Over reaction?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1311390

Riiiight

I think Twitter is one of the worst things for political discussion. There's little room for nuance (and as with posts everywhere, intended tone can be misinterpreted). If you want to hear Colin expand out his views without a word limit, and also hear from Greg and Kevin, the entirety of today's Colin and Greg Live (linked several posts above by me) covers the election.

Also, tonight, some people were seemingly trying to get Colin to bash the protesters, but he responded by saying, while it won't change anything, protesting is a sacred right for Americans and is providing a needed catharsis for them.

I'm skipping VR for Pro, I believe in the VR tech but the price is just too far out of range for me at the moment, and I think I need a bona fide AAA title like RE7 to go with it

Mezoly

I don't think Colin has said anything incendiary, or even surprising. That said I've always found him to be a tiresome, thoroughly unlikeable guy.

I have never understood why anyone gives two shits about a show as meandering, incoherent and poorly researched as this one. Especially with Colin dragging it down.

The political talk was not on this show fyi. It was on his Twitter account and Colin & Greg Live on twitch. Maybe the political talks should be on the community page as that page cover C&GL. I know I posted politically here too.

Colin is a fucking tool. He's always been one.

If we want to be critical of Colin that's fine, but now we're just dropping shitposts into an OT of a podcast that has very little to do with Moriarty's political views. There hasn't even been an episode of PS I love you post-election. If you really want to drop your by the way completely vague and stupid "tool" insult, check out the Kinda Funny community thread where it's a bit more relevant, and maybe try expounding a bit more than not at all. Thanks.

If we want to be critical of Colin that's fine, but now we're just dropping shitposts into an OT of a podcast that has very little to do with Moriarty's political views. There hasn't even been an episode of PS I love you post-election. If you really want to drop your by the way completely vague and stupid "tool" insult, check out the Kinda Funny community thread where it's a bit more relevant, and maybe try expounding a bit more than not at all. Thanks.
I don't feel like I was being that vague, given the other posts in the thread. And he has a history of saying idiotic things, if you weren't aware. But you're right, this is a thread for the discussion on the podcast, which he has yet to indulge us with his libertarian no taxation fantasies. So I'll knock it off.

The political talk was not on this show fyi. It was on his Twitter account and Colin & Greg Live on twitch. Maybe the political talks should be on the community page as that page cover C&GL. I know I posted politically here too.

Sorry, I should have clarified myself, I wasn't talking about Colin's political leanings being expressed on the show, I just meant that I find him mildly insufferable as a human being and I find the show itself to be a dull circuitous jerk off.

The problem is with whoever can't respect others who don't share same ideologies as you, goes for politics, relgion, (blank), etc.

You do not have to agree with them, but you should at least be able to respect them, I woke up this morning to listen to a bunch of clowns protesting/vandalizing the streets.

These people are the true problem. Not someone who discusses his opinion, someone like Colin..

On a side note: Trump always said the system is rigged, popular vote didn't become president.

That's rigged to me =)

I think you're joking but theirs nothing rigged about the EC, it's a system that can sometimes do something you want and sometimes do something you don't. Nobody expected the turn outs in the states that mattered it's just how things went, no backroom shady deals.

I don't feel like I was being that vague, given the other posts in the thread. And he has a history of saying idiotic things, if you weren't aware. But you're right, this is a thread for the discussion on the podcast, which he has yet to indulge us with his libertarian no taxation fantasies. So I'll knock it off.

He's actually on record as saying many taxes are absolutely vital and necessary to the running of the government. He wants less spending and fewer taxes. No Taxation (his twitter name) is more likely a riff on No Taxation Without Representation. Hopefully this will change (I'll explain after this), but residents of Washington D.C. are forced to pay the same taxes as everyone else in the country, but do not have representation in Congress to fight for them and their rights as citizens. They proudly display the motto on their license plates. Now, as to the promised explanation: D.C. citizens overwhelmingly voted to make Washington, D.C. the 51st state during the election. The D.C. mayor has previously said he wants it to be called New Columbia. It'd be a nice name, but as North Carolina exists, they'd probably have to give the new state a different name (especially seeing the North Carolina has a city named Washington). I don't know why they couldn't just call it Columbia. I mean, Columbia after all is the poetic name for the United States (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_(name)).

I like the look of the proposed 51-Star flag and how it doesn't change the look all that much despite an uneven number of stars:
3Nb5Mhh.png

madmackem

Come on guys, those having a go at Colin for speaking his mind kind of fly in the face of everything the west is built on, you don't have to agree with what he says I don't a lot of times, but to say you now don't like him because of him speaking his feelings man come on.

Come on guys, those having a go at Colin for speaking his mind kind of fly in the face of everything the west is built on, you don't have to agree with what he says I don't a lot of times, but to say you now don't like him because of him speaking his feelings man come on.

I don't see why people WOULDN'T adjust their feelings towards a person that they don't know personally based on what that person feels and says. Seems pretty normal tbh. Are we supposed to just like everyone?

Edit: Bah, I really need to finish this week's episode so I can put my money where my mouth is and just talk about video games :p

madmackem

I don't see why people WOULDN'T adjust their feelings towards a person that they don't know personally based on what that person feels and says. Seems pretty normal tbh. Are we supposed to just like everyone?

Edit: Bah, I really need to finish this week's episode so I can put my money where my mouth is and just talk about video games :p
But he didn't say anything at all in reality, it's not like he said trumps great and things he says are great. Anyone who's watched Colin for any amount of time knows he speaks his mind, I'd rather that then he sugar coated himself and was fake.

Top Bottom