• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

The "number 1 Playstation" podcast just ignored the Pro's release after months of hyperbolic conversations about it. I know Colin got hate or whatever for the misinformation he spread about it, but to largely ignore this unprecedented event in console videogaming history when there's actual hands on experience it with is telling.

I'd honestly rather have Colin continue to be carmudgeonally about it rather than, in my opinion, be afraid of the backlash about talking about.

Jotaka

The "number 1 Playstation" podcast just ignored the Pro's release after months of hyperbolic conversations about it. I know Colin got hate or whatever for the misinformation he spread about it, but to largely ignore this unprecedented event in console videogaming history when there's actual hands on experience it with is telling. .

They should just scrap this podcast name and rename at least would be more honest..

chefbags

The "number 1 Playstation" podcast just ignored the Pro's release after months of hyperbolic conversations about it. I know Colin got hate or whatever for the misinformation he spread about it, but to largely ignore this unprecedented event in console videogaming history when there's actual hands on experience it with is telling.

I'd honestly rather have Colin continue to be carmudgeonally about it rather than, in my opinion, be afraid of the backlash about talking about.

Lol that's what I thought too. You don't cover the ps4 pro when your whole podcast is based on playstation?

Makes no sense. And they're going to be at the playstation experience live, would they even discuss the pro then? Seriously don't understand why they wouldn't review or talk about it.

Mezoly

They should just scrap this podcast name and rename at least would be more honest..
You could like playstation and don't like the idea of Pro. However, I think they should've talked about it. I don't think they got one from Sony. They might just told Sony they are not interested.

karasu

But he didn't say anything at all in reality, it's not like he said trumps great and things he says are great. Anyone who's watched Colin for any amount of time knows he speaks his mind, I'd rather that then he sugar coated himself and was fake.

He speaks his mind, sure. But he speaks his mind from a soapbox and as if his views are absolutely correct. It's abrasive as fuck so naturally people are going to respond in kind.

Servbot24

Banned

They recorded the podcast before it released, so what would they have to talk about? They'd have to have the same podcast as before all over again, which people would complain about. They'll talk about Pro after they've used it.

Fjordson

I don't see why people WOULDN'T adjust their feelings towards a person that they don't know personally based on what that person feels and says. Seems pretty normal tbh. Are we supposed to just like everyone?

Edit: Bah, I really need to finish this week's episode so I can put my money where my mouth is and just talk about video games :p
Yeah, some of Colin's views and politics are...let's just say odd (imo).

Don't think it'll make me stop listening, he doesn't seem like a bad guy, but sometimes I see his twitter or listen to him on some show and am dumbfounded by shit he says.

They recorded the podcast before it released, so what would they have to talk about? They'd have to have the same podcast as before all over again, which people would complain about. They'll talk about Pro after they've used it.

Digital foundry and a myriad of other outlets have had hands on impressions/reviews for days before this podcast released. We now know what this console is and what it does, we aren't speaking in hypotheticals anymore and i'm sure a significant amout of their audience either has one ordered or is thinking about getting one at launch. Playstation has also released multiple blog posts going over what specific games will now do.

There's plenty of news/excitement about this thing and they glossed over it.

Spoiler alert: they are not going to use the Pro. Don't expect them to even talk about the Pro for longer than 5 minutes next week.

AmuroChan

Greg is going to be on Geoff Keighley's live stream in about 30 min to talk PS4 Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TANGS8s1n4

Update: interview is over.

Quick Summary:
1. still not sure who PS4 Pro is for
2. were not sent a Pro from Sony, cites their negative reaction to the Pro as the reason
3. not motivated to buy one right now
4. Scorpio's messaging was far better

I'm blocked from Colin's Twitter feed or even following him...WTF? I've never tweeted the guy, ever.

You must disagree with him about something. Dissenting opinions are a threat to anyone who feels their self-righteous behavior can only ever be vindicated and is without fallacy. This is usually the case with popular Internet personalities who have an ego and a soapbox to stand on.

BruceCLea

Banned
You must disagree with him about something. Dissenting opinions are a threat to anyone who feels their self-righteous behavior can only ever be vindicated and is without fallacy. This is usually the case with popular Internet personalities who have an ego and a soapbox to stand on.

200.gif

Greg is going to be on Geoff Keighley's live stream in about 30 min to talk PS4 Pro.

Quick Summary:
2. were not sent a Pro from Sony, cites their negative reaction to the Pro as the reason

Alright, just watched this and that's a solid summary...and wow, that was a bad look for Greg. He came off looking very petty that they didn't get sent a free Pro and that kind of further goes to prove that their lack of Pro coverage in the latest episode is because they almost seem to be boycotting coverage of it, or something like that.

He then went on to praise the Scorpio's messaging and acted ignorant about the performance enhancements the Pro will bring to games/VR (there are multiple blog posts, Greg). There's thousands of people with Pro's right now and countless articles/videos about what it does, but he's still in awe of what is basically a spec sheet for the Scorpio (not a diss on the Scorpio, I'll almost definitely buying it...but it's not a thing, yet). The hate for the Pro's "messaging" should be done with, it's out, we know what it is.

So, I guess they aren't going to cover the Pro until Greg's OG PS4 breaks. Related: their combined Patreons are over 50k per month and they are the "#1 Playstation podcast."

Alright, just watched this and that's a solid summary...and wow, that was a bad look for Greg. He came off looking very petty that they didn't get sent a free Pro and that kind of further goes to prove that their lack of Pro coverage in the latest episode is because they almost seem to be boycotting coverage of it, or something like that.

He then went on to praise the Scorpio's messaging and acted ignorant about the performance enhancements the Pro will bring to games/VR (there are multiple blog posts, Greg). There's thousands of people with Pro's right now and countless articles/videos about what it does, but he's still in awe of what is basically a spec sheet for the Scorpio (not a diss on the Scorpio, I'll almost definitely buying it...but it's not a thing, yet). The hate for the Pro's "messaging" should be done with, it's out, we know what it is.

So, I guess they aren't going to cover the Pro until Greg's OG PS4 breaks. Related: their combined Patreons are over 50k per month and they are the "#1 Playstation podcast."

I don't think it is the fact that they didn't get a free PS4 Pro. They can afford it, but more to do with Sony not sending it because of their opinion on the PS4 Pro.

Come on guys, those having a go at Colin for speaking his mind kind of fly in the face of everything the west is built on, you don't have to agree with what he says I don't a lot of times, but to say you now don't like him because of him speaking his feelings man come on.

Having the freedom to be able to hold someone accountable for their opinions is exactly what the west was built on. People are free to have opinions and are free to express them, correct? People are free to choose what people and businesses they support, correct?

RPGam3r

Quick Summary:

It is so odd for the #1 PlayStation podcast to skip a major hardware release. We get it you don't like it but your audience might want to hear your opinion after using it, and not just the ranting prior to getting any hands on with the device.

And how hard is it to understand some people like consoles but want the best performance they can get in that space? This isn't confusing.

Not sure why I bother with this thread though since the people that create this material do not give a shit about this portion of the audience.

I don't think it is the fact that they didn't get a free PS4 Pro. They can afford it, but more to do with Sony not sending it because of their opinion on the PS4 Pro.

Fair enough too. They already certainly have their narratives set in stone regarding it. Why would Sony waste money on what is inevitably going to be nothing but negative?

Nevyr

Banned
I think you're joking but theirs nothing rigged about the EC, it's a system that can sometimes do something you want and sometimes do something you don't. Nobody expected the turn outs in the states that mattered it's just how things went, no backroom shady deals.

Yes I was, but when people blow shit out of proportions like this last piece about Colin, how the hell can you be serious. =)

AmuroChan

Fair enough too. They already certainly have their narratives set in stone regarding it. Why would Sony waste money on what is inevitably going to be nothing but negative?

I think it may have more to do with the fact that they were so misinformed about the facts the first go around that Sony doesn't want them to advertise the console for them and mislead consumers by saying stuff like the Pro is marginally more powerful than the One S but $100 more.

The Pro is out to everyone now, I'd kind of expect for them either A) buy one and report firsthand impressions or B) Be able to speak about it intelligently as there have been reviews and individual game impressions/blog posts for multiple days now. Bottom line: reporting on Playstation is literally their job and this isn't professional at all.

Also, if Sony really didn't give them a Pro because of their podcast, that's weak as well. Still, this petty pissing match is only making their podcast less topical and spreading misinformation to the audience of the "#1 Playstation podcast."

AmuroChan

The Pro is out to everyone now, I'd kind of expect for them either A) buy one and report firsthand impressions or B) Be able to speak about it intelligently as there have been reviews and individual game impressions/blog posts for multiple days now. Bottom line: reporting on Playstation is literally their job and this isn't professional at all.

Also, if Sony really didn't give them a Pro because of their podcast, that's weak as well. Still, this petty pissing match is only making their podcast less topical and spreading misinformation to the audience of the "#1 Playstation podcast."

Also, they don't own a 4K TV. So that's one big problem.

fulsome

Also, they don't own a 4K TV. So that's one big problem.

You would think that they would operate like others and just get things for the business and not worry about not owning one themselves...

It seems very odd that they would react this way, it isn't like they can't afford it.

AmuroChan

Poor fellas... They just get 27k/month on Patreon and can't afford to buy a 4k TV. That is not enough money to make such big purchase /sniff

I don't think it's a money issue for them. They make way more than $27k a month. Their green screen on their set is $10k alone.

Jotaka

Being blazé about the repercussions a Trump presidency will have on minorities and saying shit like "calm down, the sun will rise tomorrow, everything will be fine" is not a "view" and it certainly isn't reasonable. That's him being a privileged ignorant asshole and I don't have to put up with his bullshit.

Fuck Colin.

Wow he really said that? Such asshole and out of touch with the reality.

I think it's rather measured considering the way he threw a tantrum here.

Seeing how that thread about Greg's appearance on Geoff Keighley's show is going, I don't blame Colin for his responses a couple months ago. Greg is using a much more humorous tone and keeping his cool, but man, he has soooo much patience right now.

ZarKryn7

I don't agree with Colin on a lot of things. To me, oddly enough, I find Easy Allies have a lot more stuff, whether obscure or well known titles and stuff, understanding of tech, and history knowledge of PlayStation. They aren't one sided most of the times. When they debate, they fucking debate. Swe FFXV delay and E3 NMS discussion.

That being said, take it easy on these folks y'all.

They really should change the title of that Greg PS4 Pro thread, as it is very disingenuous and misinformative. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Nibel

Being blazé about the repercussions a Trump presidency will have on minorities and saying shit like "calm down, the sun will rise tomorrow, everything will be fine" is not a "view" and it certainly isn't reasonable. That's him being a privileged ignorant asshole and I don't have to put up with his bullshit.

Fuck Colin.

Pretty much. I even defended dude when he was critical of the Pro but I think I can't support a show knowing someone as delusional as him is sitting there. Also, him pretending knowing anything and acting edgy on Twitter all the time towards anybody is annoying the hell out of me.

He can have his opinions on politics but I can also choose who I watch; and I made the decision to unsub from both their channels because this doesn't work for me anymore. Luckily, there are tons of other podcasts out there after all

Mezoly

Pretty much. I even defended dude when he was critical of the Pro but I think I can't support a show knowing someone as delusional as him is sitting there. Also, him pretending knowing anything and acting edgy on Twitter all the time towards anybody is annoying the hell out of me.

He can have his opinions on politics but I can also choose who I watch; and I made the decision to unsub from both their channels because this doesn't work for me anymore. Luckily, there are tons of other podcasts out there after all

Colin's tweets has been terrible lately. Condescending, smug, and edgy. He is creating his own hug box there. All the replies he is getting has been 4chan level of posters.

Grechy34

So looks like Sony have just said a big FU to Greg and Colin and not sent them a PS Pro. They probably just thought after all the free marketing they do for Sony that it was a given they'd receive a console. Looks like business is business.

Mezoly

So looks like Sony have just said a big FU to Greg and Colin and not sent them a PS Pro. They probably just thought after all the free marketing they do for Sony that it was a given they'd receive a console. Looks like business is business.

But they did give them a panel on PSX. My guess is Sony doesn't want negativity around a product like what happened with Giant Bomb and PSVR.

Because they're going to shell out a ton of money on a console they think is unnecessary? Riiiiight.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Do we actually know any of this? Did Greg say that Sony outright told them they aren't getting one and it was because of their comments about the pro? Or are people making assumptions?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Because they're going to shell out a ton of money on a console they think is unnecessary? Riiiiight.

Yes. A business that exists to inform and entertain consumers about games - and which has a "#1 PlayStation podcast" should be spending a 'ton' of money ($400) on a pro to help their viewers and listeners understand if it really is unnecessary. It exists now, they can see what it does and give impressions, rather than express opinions based on supposition

firelogic

lol. A PS4 Pro is a "ton" of money now? Every person that works for Kinda Funny could be out walking around a mall and impulse buy a Pro. Each.

Even if they couldn't expense it, you think they can't split the cost of $400 amongst themselves? The fact is, they do a playstation podcast and they should have covered the Pro properly for their audience. The audience that literally pays their bills. They exist because people like their content and go to them for their playstation news. Even if Colin and Greg personally don't care for the Pro, they should have done proper coverage (be it positive or negative) for the people that listen to them.

Top Bottom