• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

I think he means first party which I would agree. 1st party studios have put out some amazing ps4 games but at a snails pace and usually never during the holidays. While simultaneously being delayed multiple times. No one is saying that they arent there, they are just saying that they feel scarce at the first party levels and the numerous
Delays have only made it worse. In fact I have a feeling in my gut that horizon is getting pushed back at least one
More time, likely to april or may.

Complaining about lack of exclusives during holidays immediately puts someone into "lol gamez jurnalizm category" for me.
All the big third party hits are released in that time so people have plenty of content to buy in that period so it's much better to use first party games to increase amount of content in traditionally slower months.

Colin was calling gamers entitled during the mass effect 3 ending backlash.

Who's entitled now?

It's so annoying that shit from that other thread is leaking here now.

The OP of that thread literally made up a quote that was never said by Greg. They're not refusing to cover it because Sony didn't send them a free copy. That whole thread was out of control because of the OP's misconstrued presentation of Greg's stance in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TAN...u.be&t=1h3m42s

If you look at the timestamped video, you see that there is no entitled or spoiled attitude present. They simply haven't gotten one because Sony didn't send them one and they don't see it as a necessary device for them to get until their current PS4 needs to be replaced. They aren't refusing to cover it because "Sony didn't send them one"

Complains about wanting them to cover it is valid regardless, but them not covering it has nothing to do with them lashing out at Sony for not sending them a copy. Also, them not getting one has nothing to do with not being able to afford it.

I don't know why people are getting so wrapped up with the money aspect, the podcast isn't tied to the gaming patreon, it's the reason they can talk about chicken wings for 30 minutes and laugh off any criticisms, they do this show as a freebie because of their love for PlayStation.
mmmm No. Its one of the many things they cover for a living. And from what I understand, this show is not patreon powered. Tim however, is getting the Pro to cover on for his show, the Gamescast, since he's the only one hyped for this.
Thats not what their Patreon says.
think of Kinda Funny Games as a trifecta, a holy trinity of gaming goodness. Our flagship is the Kinda Funny Gamescast, our weekly video and audio podcast about all things (console) gaming. Accompanying the Gamescast is our daily nerdy morning show offering -- Colin & Greg Live -- that airs each morning on Twitch. And in the last half of 2015, we finally delivered what you’ve been asking for the most in the form of a spiritual successor to Podcast Beyond called PS I Love You XOXO. Thanks to you, the world has a new No. 1 PlayStation podcast.
They literally say its a third of their content.

rardk64

Complaining about lack of exclusives during holidays immediately puts someone into "lol gamez jurnalizm category" for me.
All the big third party hits are released in that time so people have plenty of content to buy in that period so it's much better to use first party games to increase amount of content in traditionally slower months.

Yes, let me choose between Call of Duty, Battlefield, Titanfall....

rardk64

I don't see how they didn't get one considering they always have a mouthful of Shu's cock and balls in their mouth.

This is pretty excessive. Anyway, considering they're always giving Sony crap about things, I'm not sure how anyone can legitimately say this. Unless you don't listen to the show.

I love Colin but his complaining (and complaining in general) about the lack of first-party exclusives is just silly when he continuously writes off The Last Guardian, MLB: The Show and Gravity Rush 2. Those are three significant exclusives and it doesn't matter if you care about them or not, they exist and there are people excited to play them. Not every exclusive is going to be an Uncharted or a Gears of War.

I also object to his take on Sony second-party games, collaboration and digital games on PS4 not delivering because there HAVE been a lot of good ones. Any collection of games can be made to look poor if you exclusively focus on the bad ones.

Resogun
Alienation
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Fat Princess Adventures
Bound
Helldivers
Infamous First Light

Sure there have been disappointments like Guns Up, Shadow of the Beast, Killstrain and such but there were disappointments last generation. He's also putting the PS3 digital library on a pedestal. There really were not THAT many great PS3 games and it had a 7-year lifespan compared to the PS4's current 3.

Journey
Flower
Unfinished Swan
Siren Blood Curse
Deadnation
Wipeout HD
Super Stardust HD
Last Guy

His "I don't care about it so clearly nobody does and it isn't good" attitude is getting irritating.
Great post but people will continue to ignore this

Mezoly

Thats not what their Patreon says. They literally say its a third of their content.

I think it's the only show that their subscribers on Patreon don''t get extra benefit. Gamecast they get it fully early, C&GL they could get get the Youtube archive.

Regarding Scorpio VS Pro. IIRC Colin like Scorpio more because it's a year later and a bigger jump from og xbox1 to Scorpio than OG ps4 to Pro. I'm not sure he ever realized that the difference between Pro and Scorpio is almost the same difference between og PS4 and og Xbox1.

I love Colin but his complaining (and complaining in general) about the lack of first-party exclusives is just silly when he continuously writes off The Last Guardian, MLB: The Show and Gravity Rush 2. Those are three significant exclusives and it doesn't matter if you care about them or not, they exist and there are people excited to play them. Not every exclusive is going to be an Uncharted or a Gears of War.

I also object to his take on Sony second-party games, collaboration and digital games on PS4 not delivering because there HAVE been a lot of good ones. Any collection of games can be made to look poor if you exclusively focus on the bad ones.

Resogun
Alienation
Fat Princess Adventures
Bound
Helldivers
Infamous First Light

Sure there have been disappointments like Guns Up, Shadow of the Beast, Killstrain and such but there were disappointments last generation. He's also putting the PS3 digital library on a pedestal. There really were not THAT many great PS3 games and it had a 7-year lifespan compared to the PS4's current 3.

Journey
Flower
Unfinished Swan
Siren Blood Curse
Deadnation
Wipeout HD
Super Stardust HD
Last Guy

His "I don't care about it so clearly nobody does and it isn't good" attitude is getting irritating.
Great post.

Also, Greg did say their audience isn't asking for PRO coverage.

Who doesn't want to know if their opinions change after actually using the thing?

But he was sorta right. No one on the page mentioned it until the Gaf thread and people realized oh yeah they didn't cover the Pro on the last episode.
He was right in the sense that up until that point no one apparently asked for it, your right.

I just wonder if because of the now vocal fans here and the (if the poll is representative) quarter of their fans asking for it on the forum that they will decide to actually cover it now.

I'm quite looking forward to them going to PSX and seeing the PS4 Pro in action -- something I don't believe they've sampled first-hand just yet. We know they're big fans of Horizon: Zero Dawn and Days Gone, and both titles are the best demonstrations of what the new hardware can do.

I just wonder whether they'll be big enough to eat crow, or if this has dragged on so long now that they've practically painted themselves into a corner.

The double-standards on Scorpio -- which we know practically nothing about -- are absolutely hilarious. But there you go...

There's literally no chance of Colin changing his opinion. He's as stubborn as a mule.

Resogun
Alienation
Fat Princess Adventures
Bound
Helldivers
Infamous First Light

Journey
Flower
Unfinished Swan
Siren Blood Curse
Deadnation
Wipeout HD
Super Stardust HD
Last Guy

This is a really good post. Colin is looking at the PS3 with rose-tinted glasses when it's actually very comparable to the PS4.

It's also incredibly frustrating that he keeps whinging about there being no exclusives this holiday season. Firstly, just because you've decided you don't care about Gravity Rush 2 and have already decided The Last Guardian will be trash, it doesn't mean there isn't a large amount of PS4 owners excited for them. I also fail to see how it's a bad thing if Sony or Microsoft were to have no first-party exclusives during the holiday season when so many third party games come out then?

From October to December we have these high profile games being released on PS4: Mafia 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, WWE 2K17, Skylanders: Imaginators, Batman: Return to Arkham, Battlefield 1, Episode 3 of Telltale's Batman, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Just Dance 2017, Titanfall 2, Skyrim, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Dishonoured 2, Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection, Watch Dogs 2, Final Fantasy XV and Yakuza 6. You can also add TLG and Gravity Rush 2 to this.

PS4 owners have a plethora of games to play this holiday season. Wouldn't it be smarter to release big time exclusives in a window such as the one Uncharted 4 had? That way it has far less competition and all eyes are on it, rather than it getting lost in the shuffle.

xBigBeaz

Neo Member
It is "kinda" silly that they haven't bought one to talk about on the show. I used to get most of my PlayStation news from them but have found myself not listening as much over the last few months because some of the attitudes about stuff, which make me a little sad because I used to love Tuesdays listening to them on PSILY and before that, Podcast Beyond.

I mean, even Cheapy D BOUGHT a PS PRO and PSVR to talk about on his podcast, and they are always looking for any excuse to not record the podcast (not trying to put the Cagcast down, it's just they have other priorities some weeks).

It is "kinda" silly that they haven't bought one to talk about on the show. I used to get most of my PlayStation news from them but have found myself not listening as much over the last few months because some of the attitudes about stuff, which make me a little sad because I used to love Tuesdays listening to them on PSILY and before that, Podcast Beyond.

I mean, even Cheapy D BOUGHT a PS PRO and PSVR to talk about on his podcast, and they are always looking for any excuse to not record the podcast (not trying to put the Cagcast down, it's just they have other priorities some weeks).

Yeah, but then again Cheapy is a PC gamer now so the PS4 Pro does interest him, but your point stands. These are guys with Day jobs and kids so its easier to give them a pass.

You guys forget the Pixel Junk Series as well for PS3. I agree though, just because some of the recent Indy hits haven't been published by Sony doesn't mean we don't have them. Weird thing to argue about, the standout games are standout games because they are rare, Sony doesn't just spit them out.

What I do agree with is management has some leveling up to do. Not seeing the potential of Until Dawn and re-signing them for another game is just silly. But hey, Shu did fix the Demon's Souls situation and now we have Bloodborne, so maybe Until Dawn's formula will live on. I know they were using GG's tech.

I haven't watched as much since I've been playing a lot more games again, but I just disagree that Sony needs big hits in the Fall-Winter season. I'd say they should have one, and this year they do (The Last Guardian) and leave the rest for third parties to duke it out while new IP like Horizon gets to shine on their own merits in less packed months. And, to say Sony is absent from the Holiday season again is disingenuous, they friggin released a new hardware and Sony's first party teams have a nice amount of software support PSVR. I think it's being gifted a nice bit, and people are digging it. Sony has a bunch of exclusives games this holiday season if you factor in PSVR, and why shouldn't you?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Maybe there is something going on were not privy to.

Given even mid-tier Youtubers got review units that would not surprise me.

I've wondered this as well. It's weird that a ton of other random YT people got them, but they didn't.

I wonder if there is a rift between Sony and KoF. They also weren't totally sure if they were even gonna be at PSX when that was a lock last year. They also haven't had any PS guys on the podcast as of late.

I've been wondering this a while even before the Pro deal.

I've wondered this as well. It's weird that a ton of other random YT people got them, but they didn't.

I wonder if there is a rift between Sony and KoF. They also weren't totally sure if they were even gonna be at PSX when that was a lock last year. They also haven't had any PS guys on the podcast as of late.

Shu had dinner at Greg's house last night if we are to go by his IG. Whether it was due to their friendship or for business reasons (or both) we don't know. People need to relax lol!

Considering Shu came round for Sunday lunch/dinner last night with Greg, Colin, Greg's Mum and Gen (Greg's GF) I doubt things are too bad, but maybe pissed off someone in marketing department but all the Sony big wigs seem to be very friendly, think the PSX one was that they were waiting for the deal of psx to be signed before saying anything to avoid people travelling and being disapointed/were not allowed to announce it till x date.

Anyway expect a comment about dinner on Colin and Greg live today and probably on PSILY tomorrow

But The Last Guardian doesn't count, Omni. Because it isn't "real" AAA and it was delayed once and it isn't a system seller. So, yeah.
yeah, I don't know why Colin keeps saying he expects the game to be 5 hours long. He usually ends the rant with "it'll probably be good", but that doesn't take away the dismissive tone of the conversations.

In fact, I think that's my overall beef with PSILY, they are just super opinionated lately and not really optimistic about much. I guess this is in part to do with keeping up with there personalities for the show, and if TLG or something comes out and is amazing it'll make for better reactions since they've been down on it, but meh...I just think the state of gaming is pretty awesome.

Pro wasn't a big deal for me, but I can't for a second see how anyone can have a negative reaction to it. The only downside is no 4K disc support, but it's the same price as launch PS4 and you get way more horsepower under the hood, and it cleans up current gen games even if you don't get a new TV. If you want to trade in, its just so affordable, I don't see the logic in this being a "bad" or "unnecessary" move for Sony, it completely is a PS4, in price, in features, in OS, in hardware, it hurts no one, (maybe devs with more work, but is it really bad or costing more?) and only benefits the audience.

Hmmm...dunno just nice to be a little objective and open-minded IMO, not just on Pro, but on the whole PSVR is gonna be another Vita thing. They love PSVR, they think it's hear to stay, but why do we have to echo things that logically don't make any sense. The Move controllers and Vita are completely separate hardware launches in different environments, I feel like gaming personalities should just be the most informed of us, and they just aren't. I wish I had more time to dedicate to it, because I think my wife and I are entertaining enough, and we could run a small show just by keeping up with GAF every week lol.

Sony probably didn't think they would want a Pro, seeing as they had been calling it pointless for the last few months. They did get a PSVR from Sony though, as they showed interest in that and didn't dismiss it before even trying it.

haha yeah they seem perfect for each other, shame about how far they live apart but atleast there jobs allow for them to see each other more than most would with that distance.

How did they meet?

Man, I want a girlfriend like that. I want a girlfriend full stop.
Last part was sarcasm, I'm not that desperate lol.

J-Skee

Crash Bandicoot 2 is the superior Crash game.

FIGHT ME.

EDIT: CTR is the GOAT kart racer, Colin.

EDIT: WHAT?! No Tekken 3? Alright, Colin, what the hell?

So, I was listening to this weeks live Giant Bombcast and they had a bit of news that makes it seem like the PSN name changes are coming. I'm paraphrasing here, but it sounds like the way PSN looks up accounts is changing and they speculate that with PSX coming in mere weeks that there will be a PSN Name Change announcement there. Hail Shuhei!
Nice, that goes in hand with this thread -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1314948&highlight=psn+name+change

RedAssedApe

Banned
re: titanfall 2 vs. cod:iw

for once i actually agree with them on something lol

i kind of feel bad for greg's ex with him already professing his love for this new girl so soon. hopefully she's moved on as well heh

Top Bottom