• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Gusto

Colin is super cool and nice in person but comes off as a pretentious fu*k online and on pods. He would be irrelevant without Gregg, know what I mean?

kevin1025

Banned
The longer form of this video is a little worse, for me. Colin ragged on a fan vote that he didn't get a nomination for, that he wouldn't accept it anyway, and then says that he'd rather the Pulitzer or a Nobel Prize in Science. He then insults Greg to a degree, though I'm sure it's meant with affection (I hope?), about how he's moderate and harmless in an inoffensive way, to paraphrase. He then says that people either love or hate him, then that he writes down names of people who hate him in a notebook and masturbates to the names.

Tongue firmly in cheek or not... it's said in a very egotistical way that is very disturbing.

Colin you are a disgrace. Write that down in your book.

Surprised the other guys lets him have this shitty attitude, surely he's pushed a lot of fans and Patreons away lately.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Trash. I used to like Colin but this is absolutely ridiculous.
You cannot possibly be taking him seriously there.

No amount of disagreement anyone has with Colin or Greg could possibly justify how embarrassing this thread has become. It's totally lost its function as a discussion thread for the show.

Edit: Oh god it got even worse. I'm out.

Colin you are a disgrace. Write that down in your book.

Surprised the other guys lets him have this shitty attitude, surely he's pushed a lot of fans and Patreons away lately.

He is the reason I no longer sub to them on YouTube. I was on board for a little while, then it seemed like Colin just flat out hated videogames.

I don't hate videogames. I don't want to listen to that.

EDIT: Yes I know "oh god how will they survive without you?" and "bye felicia!" just wanted to confirm this guy's hypothesis.

kevin1025

Banned
You cannot possibly be taking him seriously there.

No amount of disagreement anyone has with Colin or Greg could possibly justify how embarrassing this thread has become. It's totally lost its function as a discussion thread for the show.

Edit: Oh god it got even worse. I'm out.

Masturbation jokes are fine. But when you do it like the way he did, it's just uncomfortable and doesn't feel jokey.

I think Colin is fine. I think he goes off on his tangents a bit too much but whenever Greg brings up a point, Colin is willing to agree with him. I honestly think Colin responds to reader questions too. Greg has the personality and Colin has the opinions. I think they have good chemistry together.

I can't stand Jeff Gerstmann, which is why I don't watch Giant Bomb. There's plenty other people to follow in this space, guys. Move on if Colin is too much for you.

I mean, after this thread, who knows how many pages he even has left in the book? And he masturbates to it slowly and passionately every night, you know some of those remaining pages are stuck together, resulting in even fewer pages!!

I guess he can just get a new book.

Haters Vol. 2

Colin is riding that "I told you so" wave hard from the election, but everyone's butt is raw from that shitstorm. He doesn't have Greg's charisma to play the dorky heel and should probably reel it back in for another day when we all take ourselves a little less seriously.

When I first came across PSILUxoxo, I wasn't really feeling the Greg and Colin dynamic, but I'm a fan now--of all the KF crew, even. Colin is ruffling feathers, yeah. But, Greg and Kevin are adorable, and Tim and Nick are too chill to hate on. ...That's all I want to say.

DeviantBoi

This is the guy that proclaimed that Chris Christie was gonna be the next President of the United States.

The guy speaks out of his ass.

Are some of you being genuinely serious? The guy is fucking around, holy shit. Lighten up...
I agree, but honestly, you don't have to be so taken aback that some might find that offensive mate. Everyone has different reactions, cultures, etc...

For example, I'm sure you use language like that in a very light-hearted nature, but I find cursing to be pretty vulgar, and while I try to rarely use it, it's usually to express strong emotions or when I'm upset, to speak like that in everyday language is off-putting, and that's another reason I don't watch Colin and Greg as much, pouty mouth both of them!

I've seen people scoff if I bring up stuff like this in public, sometimes even when I'm with my little daughter.

We don't have to be so insensitive all the time, because not everyone does things the same way.

He said it back in the Beyond podcasts.

He was a huge fan of Christie.

Wasn't the opinion of Christie somewhat higher back then (before the bridge stuff, Trump, etc.)? I remember people really liking how grateful he was for Obama following the Superstorm Sandy stuff (and this was during/right after the 2012 elections). I remember other Republicans giving him flak for that.

I am 100% positive he said it in one of the podcasts, but a quick Google search brought up a Twitter post:

https://mobile.twitter.com/notaxation/status/397824038904401921

Chris Christie will win reelection tonight in a deep blue state by ~25 points. If the GOP gets out of its own way, he'll be president.

That was before the bridge scandal became public, right? If so, I think that really tarnished his career. From what I understand, before then he was quite popular in New Jersey, but that changed quickly. I may be wrong. I could see why Colin would come to that conclusion. Well, maybe not President-elect, but rather the RNC selected candidate for election. Colin could not anticipate Trump.

Jonboy

So back on topic, Greg just put on a seemingly ominous tweet.

All it says? "Update your PS4s today."

Name change incoming?

That's not a crazy statement in 2013

Yeah. This is not exactly the same example, but it's sort of like someone saying in 2000 that Alex Rodriguez is a 100% lock for the Hall of Fame. Then it comes out he's a steroids user (by his own admission). You can't say the person in 2000 was wrong for thinking he'd easily make the HOF, they just didn't know A-Rod had been using PEDs to boost his stats. That same person today would likely have opposite thoughts.

So back on topic, Greg just put on a seemingly ominous tweet.

All it says? "Update your PS4s today."

Name change incoming?

I said this in the community thread: What did Shu tell that at dinner the other night!?

Banned
So what are people expecting from Colin?

Genuine question.

What can he do to satisfy you people and "win you back"?

xaosslug

Genuine question.

i don't think it's about being 'won' back, at this point. It's about ignoring signs that someone is gross behavior, because you 'like' them, until there is irrefutable proof in your face that yeah, they are pretty gross... and you cannot delude yourself/disassociate anymore.

Genuine question.

I just came in here to express my thoughts and see if anyone else was feeling the same way or if I was just being petty.

I don't really expect anything to change because I know it won't.

Colin or Greg, if your still browsing this thread from time to time, I keep seeing it mentioned, but U.S is not the MOST important market, at least, not for Sony. It does generate the most revenue, but it's actually only appropriately 35-37% of the PS4 hardware. Sony does a ton of units in the rest of the world, and X1 winning NPD really has little bearing on overall installed user base. It's something greater than 2:1 with signs of growth.

Just a little tidbit from Sales Gaf

Colin or Greg, if your still browsing this thread from time to time, I keep seeing it mentioned, but U.S is not the MOST important market, at least, not for Sony. It does generate the most revenue, but it's actually only appropriately 35-37% of the PS4 hardware.

I don't get what you mean. Just because the U.S. does less than half of total global sales, doesn't mean it is not the most important market. The 35-37% is way higher than any other country. So it's not the only market, but it is certainly the most important.

I don't get what you mean. Just because the U.S. does less than half of total global sales, doesn't mean it is not the most important market. The 35-37% is way higher than any other country. So it's not the only market, but it is certainly the most important.
I think his main point is that it causes people to consistently misread what is occurring because of how much importance is placed upon US. The rest of the world is providing huge margins for Sony.

Colin or Greg, if your still browsing this thread from time to time, I keep seeing it mentioned, but U.S is not the MOST important market, at least, not for Sony. It does generate the most revenue, but it's actually only appropriately 35-37% of the PS4 hardware. Sony does a ton of units in the rest of the world, and X1 winning NPD really has little bearing on overall installed user base. It's something greater than 2:1 with signs of growth.

Just a little tidbit from Sales Gaf

You see though, in Colin's mind, anything that is American is most important.

But this doesn't bother me, what really bothers me, is that there is someone in thread named goddamn "VANCITYGAMER" and has a Boston Bruins logo as his avatar. WHAT IN THE SWEET HELL!?!?!?!?

You see though, in Colin's mind, anything that is American is most important.

But this doesn't bother me, what really bothers me, is that there is someone in thread named goddamn "VANCITYGAMER" and has a Boston Bruins logo as his avatar. WHAT IN THE SWEET HELL!?!?!?!?

I live in Vancouver.
My favorite teams are Boston and Chicago.
:p

Top Bottom