• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

I find it fascinating how it took this long for people to be tired of Colin. Even in their Beyond days, he had always expressed his opinions matter-of-factly, and it comes across as very dismissive of others' opinions.

"This game is terrible. It just is."

That is how he extrapolates his points. I thought there was just a disconnect between how I perceived it as a non-native English speaker and how people expressed their points in sentences.

As I listened to him more, I realised he just has that need to be always right or to say the last words.

I think Greg should have done a better job of countering whatever points Colin makes, but Greg never challenges him. In a way, Greg counters by compromise not by conviction and Colin just outright spouts endless points to form any narrative he can think of.

Colin is just insufferable. All the E3s, PSXs, and all he could ever ask or whine about is, "where is Sony Bend's game?" as if it were going to "save" any conference from being mediocre to being a great one. I remember their PSX panel last year and he just outright talks about what is not shown rather than what was shown. It was all he ever talked about post-E3, too. "Where was Bend? Where are all these other teams?"

Very insufferable. If your main takeaways from a conference is looking for things that were not shown, then there is something wrong with your approach.

This. So much this.

I agree entirely with this post and this is someone who was a staunch defender of Colin on this very thread. Some of the vitriol towards him on this thread I thought was unwarranted and some may very well be. But I admit I was part of the KF bubble and I didn't wanna hear or listen otherwise. If you weren't a fan then gtfo.

But during the elections and seeing him tweet the gross things he did, the bubble popped. A light lit up inside my head. I knew he was pretentious, insufferable, moody and an overall Grinch but I always looked past it. No more. All the things he'd say or just how dismissive he would be towards people or how he would double down without any consideration.

I was wrong about Colin.

you gotta admit...showing days gone twice was odd

I would've maybe bought it if the Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser trailer matched anything close to the description of the E3 rumor. It was implied there was gameplay (or at least a cinematic trailer). Instead, we get the true definition of a teaser.

Mezoly

This. So much this.

I agree entirely with this post and this is someone who was a staunch defender of Colin on this very thread. Some of the vitriol towards him on this thread I thought was unwarranted and some may very well be. But I admit I was part of the KF bubble and I didn't wanna hear or listen otherwise. If you weren't a fan then gtfo.

But during the elections and seeing him tweet the gross things he did, the bubble popped. A light lit up inside my head. I knew he was pretentious, insufferable, moody and an overall Grinch but I always looked past it. No more. All the things he'd say or just how dismissive he would be towards people or how he would double down without any consideration.

I was wrong about Colin.
Nah man he was fine but Kinda Funny independence has amplified his worse traits.

Mezoly

Is PSN Name change going to happen during the podcast tomorrow?
Colin tweeted it won't be today for psn name change before the show.

Is PSN Name change going to happen during the podcast tomorrow?
Colin tweeted it won't be today for psn name change before the show.

If it is, remember I called it a few pages back. Greg would say "Please, Shuhei, let us change our names" and he'd say "Alright."

N° 2048

I find it fascinating how it took this long for people to be tired of Colin. Even in their Beyond days, he had always expressed his opinions matter-of-factly, and it comes across as very dismissive of others' opinions.

That is how he extrapolates his points. I thought there was just a disconnect between how I perceived it as a non-native English speaker and how people expressed their points in sentences.

As I listened to him more, I realised he just has that need to be always right or to say the last words.

I think Greg should have done a better job of countering whatever points Colin makes, but Greg never challenges him. In a way, Greg counters by compromise not by conviction and Colin just outright spouts endless points to form any narrative he can think of.

Colin is just insufferable. All the E3s, PSXs, and all he could ever ask or whine about is, "where is Sony Bend's game?" as if it were going to "save" any conference from being mediocre to being a great one. I remember their PSX panel last year and he just outright talks about what is not shown rather than what was shown. It was all he ever talked about post-E3, too. "Where was Bend? Where are all these other teams?"

Very insufferable. If your main takeaways from a conference is looking for things that were not shown, then there is something wrong with your approach.

Man, when someone takes thoughts you can't put into words. Thank you.
I've been a fan of these guys for so long but I just can't figure out what is going on lately...
Been watching them less and less. Colin fucking shits on everything.

One thing that bugged me so much was when Colin wanted to break the Dead Rising Selfie Stick. Kevin was telling him not to because it's for a fan (prize box) of the show and Colin was just being an asshole and was about to break it until Greg and Kevin both told him not to. All he seems to care about is whatever is on his mind at the moment.

I pulled my Twitch sub and gave it to EZA. Such a better vibe over there with those guys...anyway I might get shit on for this post but whatever. It's my opinion.

BradenAndEggs

Neo Member
A lot of confusing Colin hate going on in this thread.

He has said he "plays up" his negativity all the time for entertainment value. I have been following these two since Beyond and this has always been an aspect of their dynamic.

I guess I'm just confused at why anyone would follow the Kinda Funny team at all if Colin's character he puts on for humor or his self-admittedly hyperbolic opinions (that's why KF fans like him) offend you or make you think he is "insufferable." He is simply displaying his passion for Sony, their conferences, and game developers in a way that isn't like a drone. He is like a real fan. Fans argue about games. Fans wonder where games are.

I think when people act like he has "dismissed" an opinion without a thought don't accurately understand what he is saying. It's usually with Greg someone he has known for a very long time and understands it's a show, or he is exaggerating for show. He has said several times he wants every game to be good and he doesn't look down on anyone for enjoying games he doesn't.

Like where have you been? Their type of commentary has never changed?

He also provides key commentary and knowledge about Sony and game developers that I and other fans (with a thick skin and a sense of humor) find valuable and funny.

If Colin upsets you rather than makes you laugh then maybe he isn't the content creator for you. And that's okay.

z3phon

A lot of confusing Colin hate going on in this thread.

He has said he "plays up" his negativity all the time for entertainment value. I have been following these two since Beyond and this has always been an aspect of their dynamic.

I guess I'm just confused at why anyone would follow the Kinda Funny team at all if Colin's character he puts on for humor or his self-admittedly hyperbolic opinions (that's why KF fans like him) offend you or make you think he is "insufferable." He is simply displaying his passion for Sony, their conferences, and game developers in a way that isn't like a drone. He is like a real fan. Fans argue about games. Fans wonder where games are.

I think when people act like he has "dismissed" an opinion without a thought don't accurately understand what he is saying. It's usually with Greg someone he has known for a very long time and understands it's a show, or he is exaggerating for show. He has said several times he wants every game to be good and he doesn't look down on anyone for enjoying games he doesn't.

Like where have you been? Their type of commentary has never changed?

He also provides key commentary and knowledge about Sony and game developers that I and other fans (with a thick skin and a sense of humor) find valuable and funny.

If Colin upsets you rather than makes you laugh then maybe he isn't the content creator for you. And that's okay.
If I saw him only only playing it up when talking about videos games I'd be able to agree with what you're saying but that's simply not the case.
Does he "play up" his negativity when he posts his dumb tweets about things not relating to games. It's cool that you might not get annoyed by his insufferable personality but don't go on making excuses about him playing it up just for character. I've been watching them since the Beyond days too and he used to be tolerable.

Fjordson

Yeah, Colin irks me lately as well. Maybe it's me who's changed and not his style, but I dunno. I'm only noticing it lately.

BradenAndEggs

Neo Member
Does he "play up" his negativity when he posts his dumb tweets about things not relating to games.

Yes. He has said multiple times he tweets about certain things in an exaggerated fashion just because it elicits hyperbolic responses from overly sensitive people online.

I don't see any reason to be insulted by anything he says. My friends have different opinions than I about games and non-game related subjects and we constantly heckle each other not unlike Colin will to his fans. Yet we never think the other is "insufferable."

Colin and Greg have said they try to cultivate a fanbase that is like close friends or "best friends." Their viewers and "best friends" should be able to handle this type of commentary.

If they are overly sensitive about harmless statements from Colin then they aren't the target audience anyway.

PlayerOne

Banned
While I'm highly critical of Colin lately, nice to see him excited to a lot of the announcements today.

Oh so he did not go with his usual shtick of, "but where's Bend's game? Where are the other first party games? Where are the games?" when the conference just showed a plethora of games?

Maybe i will watch their reactions, then.

RedAssedApe

Banned
he was super excited about tlou p2. albeit...iirc he's been complaining for the longest time about games being shown too early. :)

i guess even some games can break through that wall of pessimism/negativity lol

N° 2048

I like how the people annoyed by someone intentionally trolling are somehow labeled as "overly sensitive".

Or not his best friend lol

Colin and Greg have said they try to cultivate a fanbase that is like close friends or "best friends." Their viewers and "best friends" should be able to handle this type of commentary.

If they are overly sensitive about harmless statements from Colin then they aren't the target audience anyway.

Ok there.

Yes. He has said multiple times he tweets about certain things in an exaggerated fashion just because it elicits hyperbolic responses from overly sensitive people online.

I don't see any reason to be insulted by anything he says. My friends have different opinions than I about games and non-game related subjects and we constantly heckle each other not unlike Colin will to his fans. Yet we never think the other is "insufferable."

I now appoint you General of the Colin Defense Force.

Sucking hard on that Event Horizon.

Some Nobody

....This might be why I like Colin. I'm always working towards being more understanding of other people's opinions and accepting that people see things differently because I know that's the right thing to do.

...But there's still that 12-14 year old version of me at the back of my head that's like "Fuck this, you're just wrong.", lol. He's mostly quiet so I only hear him at egregious moments, like when someone tries to say something like Code Geass is a good anime. Colin might hear that version of himself all the time. XD

N° 2048

....This might be why I like Colin. I'm always working towards being more understanding of other people's opinions and accepting that people see things differently because I know that's the right thing to do.

...But there's still that 12-14 year old version of me at the back of my head that's like "Fuck this, you're just wrong.", lol. He's mostly quiet so I only hear him at egregious moments, like when someone tries to say something like Code Geass is a good anime. Colin might hear that version of himself all the time. X
D

There we go folks. I can't believe I just read that.

giphy.gif

How old are you? Genuine question. That is ridiculously immature.

I don't always agree with Colin but I'm glad he exists. There's only so much of the smiley happy circle jerk I can take that 95% of game journos are a part of, I appreciate a different voice once in a while. I severely cut the amount of gaming podcasts I listened to because everyone just says the same thing to each other and refuse to disagree on anything. Kinda Funny, EZA and GB are pretty much the only ones I still listen to because they actually have discussions.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hah well he also called out GAF. Someone should make a gif of that moment as that was what he was worried about haha

Yeah his comments against Bosman were cringe worthy.

So basically Jaffe calls Kyle a snarky asshole for making fun of Drawn to Death without having ever played the game.

.... while admitting those are the only 2 videos of Kyle he's ever watched.

what a tool.

Yeah his comments against Bosman were cringe worthy.

So basically Jaffe calls Kyle a snarky asshole for making fun of Drawn to Death without having ever played the game.

.... while admitting those are the only 2 videos of Kyle he's ever watched.

what a tool.
Yeah the irony is that kyle is a super nice guy lol

D i Z

Jaffe's rant is reinforcing KoF's ongoing persecution complex. I'm glad that at least Tim is level headed enough to not be dragging their baggage into every conference, and every single time they're mic'ed up.

Top Bottom