• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

sora87

It was, you're right, until Colin and Greg brought the heat back when sticking up for Jaffe after Shu clearly defended Bosman which was the right thing to do.

Of course they did. I think they have something against Bosman still after that silly misunderstanding about a joke he did on TFB.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
this just sent me to the live part of the stream.

Oh, sry seems like live stream overwrites the time stamp probably not going to work until the stream is over and archived.

The alternative is doing the math, while live I think the total stream times is "-xx:xx:xx" click to +02:50:12 of whatever xx:xx:xx currently is and you should be where you need to be.

"I was just using Kyle as an example of negativity guys. Ignore when I said fuck you @KyleBosman"

What a tool.
Yes it's BS. I think someone got to him and told him to knock it off after this event.

He went on to something like "I'm sure Kyle is a nice guy and has his fans.." blah blah blah

RedAssedApe

Banned
Who cares about Kyle. That smug bastard sold out to bud light (love and respect) but how can you have beef with wario64? Dude only brings joy to the world with his posting of video game deals.

Mezoly

Who cares about Kyle. That smug bastard sold out to bud light (love and respect) but how can you have beef with wario64? Dude only brings joy to the world with his posting of video game deals.

Tbh Wario64's tweet was pretty mean spirited. Jaffe said Wario reached out to him and they are all good now.

For this that never saw Kyle and Yoshida together, watch this from 6:52

https://youtu.be/Xo3e8YgoLV4

I haven't seen this in so long. This shit was pure gold, pure gold. The look on Shu's face... priceless.

Yea Wario is priceless as well. Dude has saved me so much money. Then again I wonder if it's the opposite. Had I bought all these games if he hadn't tweeted the deal? Hmmm I always wonder.

ZarKryn7

photo.jpg

krae_man

I'm predicting right here and now that there won't be a PS I Love You XOXO panel at PSX 2017.

Last year I thought they had too little time to make it work, this year seems more like they wasted the time they had.

Maybe next year Sony will learn how to do panels right.

Not holding my breath though.

Speaking of Kyle, when Mark Cerny was announced at The Game Awards, they called him the Architect and the PS4 and Director of Knack. A lot of people online made jokes about that. Turns out, that was all Kyle. As he worked on the show, a writer asked Kyle what else (other than designing PS4) was Cerny known for. Kyle said Knack, as troll answer. The writer took him seriously and it ended up in the show.

sora87

Speaking of Kyle, when Mark Cerny was announced at The Game Awards, they called him the Architect and the PS4 and Director of Knack. A lot of people online made jokes about that. Turns out, that was all Kyle. As he worked on the show, a writer asked Kyle what else (other than designing PS4) was Cerny known for. Kyle said Knack, as troll answer. The writer took him seriously and it ended up in the show.

But... he is the creator of Knack.

sym30l1c

Jaffe is an unprofessional tool and a manchild. And it's shameful that Colin and Greg let that happen.

Not surprised though, the standard in their podcast has gotten lower and lower. I used to like them, but I can't stand anymore their often pointless and uninformed ranting (especially Colin's). When I listen to a podcast I look forward to hearing opinions from people with insights and information about the gaming industry and I enjoy opinions different from mine. Listening to PS ILY XOXO feels like listening to some random guys talking about video games and often offering poor arguments.

jacobeid

Banned
Jaffe is an unprofessional tool and a manchild. And it's shameful that Colin and Greg let that happen.

Not surprised though, the standard in their podcast has gotten lower and lower. I used to like them, but I can't stand anymore their often pointless and uninformed ranting (especially Colin's). When I listen to a podcast I look forward to hearing opinions from people with insights and information about the gaming industry and I enjoy opinions different from mine. Listening to PS ILY XOXO feels like listening to some random guys talking about video games and often offering poor arguments.

This is basically what I wrote to them when I canceled my Patreon pledge. It seriously kills me how all of this is going. I was such a huge fan of theirs (teetering on the fanboy line a few years ago).

I expect things like that from Jaffe, that's his shtick, but it was super nice of Shuhei to come out and defend Kyle afterwards—such a cool guy.

Corpsepyre

Banned
People are complaining way too much here. I watched the video, and he didn't let loose on Bosman the way I thought he would based on what people here were saying. Was hardly a beatdown, folks.

reson8or

I don't like this dismissing of XII. Not one little bit. Best Final Fantasy.

Agreed, my favorite mainline FF title is XII (with Tactics being my #1, In mitsuno I trust). XII, though is divisive since its breaks with every FF convention (save XI) that came before it. Still its an amazing game in its own right made much more so by the IZJS version and soon the Remaster. Fuck that noise.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Is Kyle like one of Geoff's padawans?

Re: Jaffe

its just funny when a dude known for speaking his mind gets mad when others speak their mind. its only ok when I DO IT!

This is basically what I wrote to them when I canceled my Patreon pledge. It seriously kills me how all of this is going. I was such a huge fan of theirs (teetering on the fanboy line a few years ago).

You guys pretty much nail it straight on the head. I was a massive fan and still consider myself a fan of them. I've been listening to these guys for years, since I was about 19-20 years old and I'm 27 now. That is fucking crazy. I've always preferred Colin to Greg just because Greg has always been so loud and abnoxious -yes I know that is part of his schtick- but I've been really disappointed by him lately.

What made podcast beyond great was that for both of them, they covered PlayStation, that was their beat and they knew the ins and outs. The translated to awesome podcasts full of their buffoonery and facts and figures and insight that came with their jobs being covering PlayStation. Even when Greg was doing his show at IGN he was still exposed to the ins and outs of PS.

Now it's a little different. Covering PS is not their job anymore and it came to me clear as day when they didn't review the PS4 Pro and worst they just decided to shit on it for no rhyme or reason.

I feel so bad because I would give the folks over at Podcast Beyond such a hard time when Colin and Greg left, Scoville especially. I owe that guy an apology. I thought Beyond was shot after they left, and how little did I know it was Greg and Colin who were going downhill imo.

plidex

I feel so bad because I would give the folks over at Podcast Beyond such a hard time when Colin and Greg left, Scoville especially. I owe that guy an apology. I thought Beyond was shot after they left, and how little did I know it was Greg and Colin who were going downhill imo.

Yeah I feel the same, I mean, I never commented or said anything about the new Beyond crew, but in my mind I didn't like them and never listened to them.

Now I went back to listening Game scoop and Beyond. It feels so fresh listening to a podcast where you don't have to be subject to rants and negativity.

firelogic

You guys pretty much nail it straight on the head. I was a massive fan and still consider myself a fan of them. I've been listening to these guys for years, since I was about 19-20 years old and I'm 27 now. That is fucking crazy. I've always preferred Colin to Greg just because Greg has always been so loud and abnoxious -yes I know that is part of his schtick- but I've been really disappointed by him lately.

What made podcast beyond great was that for both of them, they covered PlayStation, that was their beat and they knew the ins and outs. The translated to awesome podcasts full of their buffoonery and facts and figures and insight that came with their jobs being covering PlayStation. Even when Greg was doing his show at IGN he was still exposed to the ins and outs of PS.

Now it's a little different. Covering PS is not their job anymore and it came to me clear as day when they didn't review the PS4 Pro and worst they just decided to shit on it for no rhyme or reason.

In fairness to you, Beyond wasn't very good right after the transition. I haven't listened to it in a while so it may have improved but at the time, every single person sitting around the desk thought they were comedians so the show would be filled with them cracking jokes every 5 seconds. It was annoying to listen to.

Zukkoyaki

They could use a third chair in my opinion. I really liked when they had Andrew Goldfarb particularly because he enjoyed a lot of games that they didn't such as LittleBigPlanet and Tearaway. Added another welcome and often optimistic point of view that PSILY is missing (still listen every week!).

This podcast just really needs something to freshen it up a bit. The one with Danny and of course the PSX ones were strong because they had new voices in on them (Tim, Danny, Shu). When it's just Greg and Colin you can usually anticipate what they're going to say about everything before they say it. Greg will stick to sounding as subjective as possible and say "to me" and "you know what I mean" a lot while Colin will speaking authoritatively and definitively about something, usually repeating opinions he has already shared. Seriously feels like he makes up his mind about every game before he touches it these days with Mafia III as a recent exception. Reading impressions of TLG and FFXV sounds like he went in looking to prove his feelings right rather than experience them for what they are. But he IS very much a veteran and just knows what he likes so that is a very soft criticism.

Servbot24

Banned
Imagine if you liked the XIII trilogy!

I only played the first one, but I enjoyed it fairly well. Not great of course.

I think it was Kyle giving a genuine answer and not realizing that it was going to be used during the conference :p

I thought Colin liked FFXIII better than XII anyway

I'm surprised neither him or Tim didn't at least get further in it for how much they talk up the battle system. The battle system was the redeeming aspect of the game for me. It easily carried me through the bad.

aadiboy

Speaking of Kyle, I found this video from the GT days where he talks shit about Drawn to Death when it was first revealed. At 7:43 he even gets a little prophetic and predicts that Jaffe will take his remarks personally, lol: https://youtu.be/oScnyRkcjZY?t=7m44s

Anyway, I don't think Bosman should be lambasted for a comedy skit, and I thought it was cool that Shuhei defended him.

meanspartan

It bums me out to say this, but, lately it seems like Colin is actually becoming more and more like the caricature of himself that people who dislike him had been (wrongly) claiming he was for years.

This knee-jerk hatred of FF15 is off-putting. I still like the guy and will keep listening, but it's not a good look.

Then again, I can't deny that he is still entertaining for me to listen to, he certainly isn't boring lol.

Top Bottom