• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Hey, all power to them. I was more trying to wrap my head around the people that give them money and are happy to recieve ads in return.

To each their own, but I am allowed to think that is rather stupid.

Paying patreon users get access to videos with no ads.

PSILYU isn't a patreon show afik. It's their only show where they just put it out to the public on Youtube.

So you are saying that they are going to George Lucas it.
Right, lol.

Don't they have 3 exclusives in the first 3 months?
Gravity rush2,horizon,mlb the show

Crash trilogy
Wipeout trilogy
Gt sport
Hot shots golf
Knack 2
All slated for 2017

Amoung other downloadable titles,indies and unannounced games and dates for other games?
I think it was under the "only big titles" umbrella.

Jmille99

Crash trilogy
Wipeout trilogy
Gt sport
Hot shots golf
Knack 2
All slated for 2017

Amoung other downloadable titles,indies and unannounced games and dates for other games?

Sorry, unless everything is a AAA game or not in a niche genre, they dont seem to be counted.

They also lose points if they come out prior to October, because the only thing that matters is them releasing during the Fall flood of games.

Or at least, thats what we are to believe based on podcasts, tweets, posts, or articles from popular gaming media.

jayu26

For me, it will be hard for 2017 to match or top 2016, but it doesn't look like a bad year. Also, I'm not sure Greg said that. I thought he just said it would be a slow year for Sony exclusives.
Is he on pot or something? Because that type of comment usually seems to stem from "I am not interested in these games so they don't count" mentality. Objectively numbers tell a different story. And you also can't just count internal studio games. PlayStation gets third party exclusive just by being PlayStation.

Persona 5 and Nioh alone destroyed anything other platforms have slated for the first half of the year.

Icolin

Banned
Sony doesn't really need anything in the fall when they're gonna have all those third party games tied to Playstation, through marketing and stuff. They're gonna have RDR2, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, and, probably, MvC:I partnerships. If they do release something in the fall, I think it'll be Knack 2, GT, NNK2 and maybe Detroit, but all in all I don't think it's necessary to release much of anything next fall when they already have these big third party games tied to Playstation.

sora87

Crash trilogy
Wipeout trilogy
Gt sport
Hot shots golf
Knack 2
All slated for 2017

When talking about PS4 exclusives Greg and Colin like to believe Gravity Rush 2 doesn't exist. Or any other game that doesn't fall under their "AAA" check list.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I like EZA but prefer Colin and Greg by far. Too many people involved with EZA and the chemistry is truly never really there but the main thing is that EZA is WAY too happy and positive. Have to have some negativity for debate and conversation. They rarely if ever say negative stuff about anything.

Wouldn't be surprised if Death Stranding eventually becomes a PS5 game. LOL.

Bahorel

I like EZA but prefer Colin and Greg by far. Too many people involved with EZA and the chemistry is truly never really there but the main thing is that EZA is WAY too happy and positive. Have to have some negativity for debate and conversation. They rarely if ever say negative stuff about anything.

This is exactly why I like EZA better. Too much negativity in real life, I need some positivity in my escapism. Plus, it feels good when people are hyped about the games you like, instead of hearing complaints about them.

Wouldn't be surprised if Death Stranding eventually becomes a PS5 game. LOL.
You sir haven't seen enough of kyle bosman and Micheal damiani. In fact Huber is the only one whos hyper 100% of the time nd he has his limits

krae_man

I don't understand why Colin wouldn't give God of War a March release date.

Every God of War game but one has come out in March.

My prediction is:

February - Horizon
August - GT: Sport
October - Dreams
March - Days Gone
May - God of War 4
June - Detroit: Become Human
October - Spiderman
March - Sucker Punch IP
June - Last of Us Part 2
November - Death Stranding

So I guess I'm really somewhere between the two of them.

I think they are waaaaaaaaaaay off with Dreams. The beta is rumored to launch early 2017 (delayed from 2016). I would assume that would mean a late Spring/early Summer release. Whenever a Media Molecule game goes into Beta testing, the final release is months away.

They are definitely way off, and for Colin in particular his hate boner against Dreams is causing him to project narratives onto the game's development like "the game is in trouble" or "they are having a tough time making a GAME out of it" which then proceeds into Colin's "it's not a game" ramblings that I am surprised Greg allows.

I don't understand why Colin wouldn't give God of War a March release date.

Every God of War game but one has come out in March.
If there's a gow game that is going to break march tradition, it'll be this one. Especially if you look at it from a gameplay perspective

Also it grates me how they continue to ignore or give shade to gr2

jacobeid

Banned
If there's a gow game that is going to break march tradition, it'll be this one. Especially if you look at it from a gameplay perspective

Also it grates me how they continue to ignore or give shade to gr2

I'm not even going to listen to the episode because I haven't been able to stand it whenever they bring up the game in the past.

Makes no damn sense.

Zukkoyaki

My prediction is:
They are definitely way off, and for Colin in particular his hate boner against Dreams is causing him to project narratives onto toe game's development like "the game is in trouble" or "they are having a tough time making a GAME out of it" which then proceeds into Colin's "it's not a game" ramblings that I am surprised Greg allows.
They don't like Media Molecule games so it isn't terribly surprising. Also this podcast was recorded before Media Molecule's blog post about why they've been quiet and status of the game. Basically the project is bigger and taking longer than expected yet it's going well and they've been quiet because it's all hands on deck. Building demos and trailers and such takes time and effort. I suspect next time we see Dreams it's going to be a substantial showing.

Colin's attitude toward Dreams is strange because he's always railing on developers for always showing their games constantly instead of going away and just working on them. Now Media Molecule is "clearly" in trouble because they've been heads down doing exactly that? Sure.

Colin's attitude toward Dreams is strange because he's always railing on developers for always showing their games constantly instead of going away and just working on them. Now Media Molecule is "clearly" in trouble because they've been heads down doing exactly that? Sure.
Sounds to me like he's moving his goalposts

Greg may have been cool with LittleBigPlanet but Goldfarb was the one on Beyond who loved Media Molecule games.
You're probably right. I just remember Greg playing Tearaway and talking about it on a lot of Beyond episodes. Maybe my memories failing me? Wouldn't be the first time lol.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
This is exactly why I like EZA better. Too much negativity in real life, I need some positivity in my escapism. Plus, it feels good when people are hyped about the games you like, instead of hearing complaints about them.

Fair enough but luckily for me, I have little negativity in my life and it's not because I want them to be negative about games and whatnot, it's just that when one person is positive and one person is negative, it makes the debate and discussion better. If both are on the same page, it's simply not as interesting or as entertaining.

My hype for every single game is always the same. 50/50. Not high or low expectations but mid expectations. Doing this allows me to enjoy the games more for what they are as opposed to what I want them to be.

They weren't too positive about Horizon: Zero Dawn which is a shame because that's my second anticipated game in Q1 2017 after For Honor. Good discussion though because of it.

You sir haven't seen enough of kyle bosman and Micheal damiani. In fact Huber is the only one whos hyper 100% of the time nd he has his limits

I have been watching EZA since around E3. Too many people in my opinion which hurts because the chemistry is never there because it's always different members. Out of the six months I have been watching, my favorite EZA is Bloodworth. Rest are okay. I don't dislike any of them. Wish that they would have set members for each show so they can build the chemistry which I think would make the shows better.

Overall, EZA is good and I watch the podcasts and frame trap. I wouldn't watch them if I didn't like them. Would just like to see more debate and conversation between someone who's positive and someone who's negative on a certain game or just in general.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Dreams is probably years away. I just checked their official website and it says they're hiring and it sounds like it's for the Dreams game. If they're still hiring for this game, it's definitely a ways out or at least I would think that it is.

jayu26

They weren't too positive about Horizon: Zero Dawn which is a shame because that's my second anticipated game in Q1 2017 after For Honor. Good discussion though because of it.

Is there any other outlet that is not positive about Horizon? The sooner the realistic expectations set the better. I suspect that I am not going to get the game I have in mind.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My release date predictions -

- Horizon: Zero Dawn - May 9th, 2017 (still believe that it's being delayed again)
- Gran Turismo Sport - September 5th, 2017
- Days Gone - October 31st, 2017
- God of War IV - March 2018
- Spider Man - May 2018
- Detroit: Become Human - September 2018
- Sucker Punch New IP - March 2019
- The Last of Us Part II - Summer 2019
- Death Stranding - 2020 (PlayStation 5)

Sucker Punch released Second Son March 2014 and Infamous First Light in August 2014. As I said before, they would have to be working on a new IP that is a highly ambitious open world game if it takes them 5+ years to launch their next game.

I was thinking they reveal the game at E3 next year and launch it Spring 2018.

Is there any other outlet that is not positive about Horizon? The sooner the realistic expectations set the better. I suspect that I am not going to get the game I have in mind.
The most I have seen is concern over how the story will be handled and quest/mission variety. Things that we naturally know little about. I have seen very little to no negativity over what has been demoed though.

EZA in general has been pretty Luke warm at best for it. Brandon I think is the only one really looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

I know that the talk around Horizon has been pretty much all positive and im excited for it and I don't mind the negative talk about it. I have my negatives already about the game and obviously, haven't played it yet but at the same time, im not hyped or anything. I'm expecting around an 85 metacritic.

What do you have in mind?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Sucker Punch released Second Son March 2014 and Infamous First Light in August 2014. As I said before, they would have to be working on a new IP that is a highly ambitious open world game if it takes them 5+ years to launch their next game.

Possible but if God of War is a spring 2018 release then there's obviously no chance of SP IP being close to it. Plus, when was the last game that debuted at E3 and was released within a year?

Possible but if God of War is a spring 2018 release then there's obviously no chance of SP IP being close to it. Plus, when was the last game that debuted at E3 and was released within a year?

Fallout 4. And to a lesser extent, Fallout: Shelter, Entwined, among others (those launched the day they were announced).

jayu26

I just hope that it is something completely out of the left field that fires everyone's imagination that way Horizon did. I would really like a game based on that fantasy western concept art that was made by Sony Bend concept artist before they settled on Days Gone.

The most I have seen is concern over how the story will be handled and quest/mission variety. Things that we naturally know little about. I have seen very little to no negativity over what has been demoed though.

I like that they are avoiding quest and story stuff, because they are going to get compared (very unfavorably) to Witcher III which is the standard now. They need to nail down combat and enemy AI. That is what will set it apart from peers in its genre. Add in a decent story and we will have an amazing game.

EZA in general has been pretty Luke warm at best for it. Brandon I think is the only one really looking forward to it.

From their E3 stream it looked like they were into it.

I know that the talk around Horizon has been pretty much all positive and im excited for it and I don't mind the negative talk about it. I have my negatives already about the game and obviously, haven't played it yet but at the same time, im not hyped or anything. I'm expecting around an 85 metacritic.

What do you have in mind?

Wouldn't hazard a guess on Meta score. Not for that game.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
It is really difficult to pinpoint when all those first party games will hit in relation to one another. It would be ideal for them to be separated from one another but it will also be based on when the game is ready to go.

Well, you're talking about first party but I think it would be a Bloodborne situation for Sucker Punch. They'll be silent for a full three years by March next year. So, I think they will be fairly close to launch for their next game. This is just assuming they aren't working on a huge, open game or anything though.

I just hope that it is something completely out of the left field that fires everyone's imagination that way Horizon did. I would really like a game based on that fantasy western concept art that was made by Sony Bend concept artist before they settled on Days Gone.
I think Sucker Punch is brimming with good ideas. The creators of Sly and Infamous won't let us down!

I like that they are avoiding quest and story stuff, because they are going to get compared (very unfavorably) to Witcher III which is the standard now. They need to nail down combat and enemy AI. That is what will set it apart from peers in its genre. Add in a decent story and we will have an amazing game.
Fortunately, people that have played it have said the gameplay mechanics and everything feel nice. I think it is just a question of how deep and expansive they are.

I'll be so disappointed if Horizon is delayed again. I mean I want GG to take as much time as they need with it, but I'd still be super bummed.

Sorry guys. I should have been clearer. I meant a Sony first party game. Is Bloodborne a first party title or second party title? I always thought that was a second party title but I could be wrong.

Entwined is a first-party game. In fact, it was designed in the current PlayStation HQ near San Francisco. Now, it's not a major game, but it was announced at E3 and released the same day. As for Bloodborne, it is technically second party, as From Software is independent. Also, it came out the February or March 2015 after its E3 2014 reveal.

SamNW

I'll be so disappointed if Horizon is delayed again. I mean I want GG to take as much time as they need with it, but I'd still be super bummed.
I wouldn't expect another delay. I guess it's possible that they bump it for a month or six weeks for extra polish, but I seriously doubt it.

Tjamato88

Here's the predicted released schedule from this week's episode:

Horizon Zero Dawn - Feb. 28th, 2017 (Both)
Gran Turismo Sport - May 2017 (C), Fall 2017 (G)
Days Gone - Nov. 2017 (C), Summer 2018 (G)
Detroit: Become Human - Feb. 2018 (C), Spring 2019 (G)
Death Stranding - Fall 2019 (C), 2020 (G)
God of War - Fall 2018 (C), Spring 2018 (G)
Spider-Man - Summer 2018 (C), Fall 2019 (G)
Dreams - 2018 (C), Summer 2019 (G)
The Last of US Part II - Summer 2019 (C), Fall 2018 (G)
Sucker Punch New IP - Early 2019 (C), 2020 (G)

This is fucking crazy. Colin's is not so unrealistic, but I think Greg's is way off.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Feb 2017
Gran Turismo Sport - Fall 2017
Days Gone - Feb 2018
Detroit: Become Human - Spring 2018
Spider-Man - Summer 2018
God of War - Fall 2018
Dreams - Winter 2018
Sucker Punch New IP - Winter 2019
The Last of Us Part II - Summer 2019
Death Stranding - Fall 2019

One thing I don't think they know about Dreams is that when you sculpt anything, that sculpt can be imported into other programs like Unity (and maybe Maya) for use elsewhere. But, the cherry on top is you can send your sculpts to a 3D printer and create a physical representation of your creation.

Jennipeg

They don't like Media Molecule games so it isn't terribly surprising. Also this podcast was recorded before Media Molecule's blog post about why they've been quiet and status of the game. Basically the project is bigger and taking longer than expected yet it's going well and they've been quiet because it's all hands on deck. Building demos and trailers and such takes time and effort. I suspect next time we see Dreams it's going to be a substantial showing.

I think it's only because they announced it like 2 years ago, and now they have gone silent. That's a bit different than announcing 1-2 years out and then showing the odd trailer like Colin wants. He probably thinks it should be nearing release by now.

They never really accounted for 3rd party releases, which to me is something I'd think Sony would consider as to avoid as much overlap as possible. Didn't Gravity Rush 2 get delayed so that it didn't compete with Last Guardian?
Mass Effect should be out next year some time, and I'm sure Destiny 2 is gonna try to launch for Fall, that game I'd assume Sony is gonna try to keep close to the playstation name, and it will be huge. I'd expect another CoD game as well and maybe a Star Wars game, both could be tied to deals with Sony as well. RDR2 might also come 2017 and didn't Sony have some deal with them?
Seems like if 2017 is gonna be pretty busy, not really sure aside from Horizon and MLB the show, how Sony is gonna want to keep their IPs away from the 3rd party ones they've made deals with.
Or maybe Sony doesn't care.

AndyVirus

Horizon Zero Dawn - Feb. 28th, 2017 (Both)
Gran Turismo Sport - May 2017 (C), Fall 2017 (G)
Days Gone - Nov. 2017 (C), Summer 2018 (G)
Detroit: Become Human - Feb. 2018 (C), Spring 2019 (G)
Death Stranding - Fall 2019 (C), 2020 (G)
God of War - Fall 2018 (C), Spring 2018 (G)
Spider-Man - Summer 2018 (C), Fall 2019 (G)
Dreams - 2018 (C), Summer 2019 (G)
The Last of US Part II - Summer 2019 (C), Fall 2018 (G)
Sucker Punch New IP - Early 2019 (C), 2020 (G)

Greg has me in complete WTF territory with these. Detroit was unveiled in 2015 and he thinks it's 2019, Spider-Man late 2019, Sucker Punch 2020?? I don't know whether he's intentionally being pessimistic but I think those 3 will be at least a year earlier than he says. And despite this, puts 2018 for TLoU... Before this I thought they had a similar mindset to me with releases. Ignoring the likes of Knack 2 and potential unannounced games like Bloodborne 2, Killzone from Cambridge, Until Dawn 2 (so the same list as C&G) I would say:

Horizon: Zero Dawn - as is
Gran Turismo Sport - July '17 (Fall would not surprise me)
Dreams - Summer '17 (a slow roll out that gets constant free updates)
Detroit: Become Human - Fall '17 (I honestly thought September to avoid the big guns)
God of War - March '18
Spider-Man - Summer '18
Days Gone - Fall '18 (again that September slot)
Sucker Punch New IP - Nov '18
The Last of US Part II - May '19
Death Stranding - Fall '19

aadiboy

Oh god, just paused the Gamescast video after Colin mentioned Demon's Souls. Is he going to mention how Sony made a huge mistake by not publishing it in the west?

Yup, just unpaused it. This is like, what, the 30th time he's said these exact lines? Someone has to be keeping a counter, right?

They never really accounted for 3rd party releases, which to me is something I'd think Sony would consider as to avoid as much overlap as possible. Didn't Gravity Rush 2 get delayed so that it didn't compete with Last Guardian?
Mass Effect should be out next year some time, and I'm sure Destiny 2 is gonna try to launch for Fall, that game I'd assume Sony is gonna try to keep close to the playstation name, and it will be huge. I'd expect another CoD game as well and maybe a Star Wars game, both could be tied to deals with Sony as well. RDR2 might also come 2017 and didn't Sony have some deal with them?
Seems like if 2017 is gonna be pretty busy, not really sure aside from Horizon and MLB the show, how Sony is gonna want to keep their IPs away from the 3rd party ones they've made deals with.
Or maybe Sony doesn't care.
I think Sony will try to avoid releasing games in the fall as much as possible to prevent a Tomb Raider situation. There are so many third party games now you really don't need exclusives during the holiday

Oh god, just paused the Gamescast video after Colin mentioned Demon's Souls. Is he going to mention how Sony made a huge mistake by not publishing it in the west?

Yup, just unpaused it. This is like, what, the 30th time he's said these exact lines? Someone has to be keeping a counter, right?

I don't disagree with him. The Souls/Bloodborne series is huge among gamers. Sony could've had all of it exclusive (even Dark Souls, thought it probably would've retained the Demons Souls name).

Top Bottom