• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

plidex

So I didn't want to say that when people brought up his quote about how he plays a lot, but that's basically what I was thinking. And honestly I would rather them play a few games and finish them so we could get their complete thoughts on the game than cycle through every game that hits the Vita. I don't give a crap about Rise of the Tomb Raider but I'm glad Colin is near finishing it so I feel like I'm hearing a more complete opinion out of him about it.

That's why I keep saying that it was worse for us that they left IGN.

They were forced to complete and review games, so we got some very good reviews and articles. Now they just ramble for 20 minutes about what they thought about the very different amounts of time each one played.

Strings

WyPGpGy.png

Oh. Umm... Yay?

Strange that a major personality of a personality-driven entity is going to be appearing less. I'm not a supporter via Patreon, so my opinion doesn't matter, but if I were I'd be less than thrilled by this. Seems pretty antagonistic to his fans.

RoKKeR

Strange that a major personality of a personality-driven entity is going to be appearing less. I'm not a supporter via Patreon, so my opinion doesn't matter, but if I were I'd be less than thrilled by this. Seems pretty antagonistic to his fans.

Huh? He just started a brand new weekly show that he is writing, editing, and recording basically all on his own. He'll probably doing more work this year than in year's past with that new show.

Colin doesn't care for Gravity Rush 2. at. all. If it wasn't made by Sony it would be a game that won't even register in his radar.

Greg likes GR, but not in a passionate way. To him it's a 7/10 game that has promise and charm but not a game he'll bat for in the same level as inFamous, Patapon or Uncharted.

SamNW

There are plenty of reasons to hate Colin—his stupid fucking Randian ideology, his willingness to be deliberately inflammatory and then shrink away from criticism, his intellectual dishonesty—but talking about the games he cares about on his games show is not one. His tone often sucks, I agree, but at this point I've learned to grit my teeth and enjoy the parts of the podcast that I really do like.

We will... whatever is said won't change the fact that he was really excited to jump back into the franchise though.

Maybe he did jump in and it was *gasp* not as good as he had hoped?
That would be fine.

It is how they express themselves (which has been the point of the ridicule in general toward them) that is important.

AmuroChan

Yeah, the argument that they play a lot of games because of their PSN profiles is garbage. I can recall at least half a dozen times in the past year where Colin or Greg in the "what have you played this week" section of the podcast say "Yeah i tried 15 minutes of this game, then I shut it off and played 15 minutes of this, then I played 30 minutes of this and finally I played an hour of this". This kind of thing is brought up regularly on the podcast, and I imagine with the amount of codes they get there's games on their trophy list that they played for literally 5 minutes.

Yep, since they get so many games for free, they probably want to at least give each one 15 min and name drop the games on their shows so that their developer friends get some free publicity for their games. The thing that irks me is when they talk up a game before it's released, and then when it's out they play it for like a couple hours and doesn't touch it again. Tales of Zestiria and Alienation are two that come to mind.

Omerta

I'm going to walk away from this thread because I enjoy the podcast but I'll just leave this here:

I understand people who have stayed with these guys over the years being disappointed by the direction they've taken or the change in tone of their work - they have every right to constructively voice their opinions.

What I don't understand is the constant shit posting by people who say they don't listen enymore because of reasons x or y. Don't waste your time mate - move on to things you enjoy and discuss them with likeminded people.

I've stayed with this thread from the beginning, hoping that it would become a nice community occupied by people who enjoy the show...

Laters y'all.

Icolin

Banned
I'm going to walk away from this thread because I enjoy the podcast but I'll just leave this here:

I understand people who have stayed with these guys over the years being disappointed by the direction they've taken or the change in tone of their work - they have every right to constructively voice their opinions.

What I don't understand is the constant shit posting by people who say they don't listen enymore because of reasons x or y. Don't waste your time mate - move on to things you enjoy and discuss them with likeminded people.

I've stayed with this thread from the beginning, hoping that it would become a nice community occupied by people who enjoy the show...

Laters y'all.

This is what I've been trying to say; if you don't like the show, just go and find another one instead of consistently shitting up this thread.

Icolin

Banned
Colin has always been a baby, and very unlikable imo.

EZA FTW.

Why are you here in the first place if you've never liked Colin?

Also, it's not necessary to spread your EZA fandom ITT either; it's kinda unnecessary, unwarranted and petty.

But then again, you're the same guy who posts that list war tier PS4 image in every Microsoft thread, so why am I surprised.

Why are you here in the first place if you've never liked Colin?

Also, it's not necessary to spread your EZA fandom ITT either; it's kinda unnecessary, unwarranted and petty.

But then again, you're the same guy who posts that list war tier PS4 image in every Microsoft thread, so why am I surprised.

Considering your username is "Icolin" and your aggresilvy defending him, I can safely assume your a Colin Moriarty fanboy =p

Relax. I like Greg, and Tim so I enjoy KF's content. I just think Colin's been off for a looong time now, and he doesn't treat his fans half as good as the other co-hosts do!

Considering your username is "Icolin" and your aggresilvy defending him, I can safely assume your a Colin Moriarty fanboy =p

Relax. I like Greg, and Tim so I enjoy KF's content. I just think Colin's been off for a looong time now, and he doesn't treat his fans half as good as the other co-hosts do!

I would guess it has more to do with the PS2 game "ICO" not Colin Moriarty.

Icolin

Banned
Eh. "Ico" "Icolin " Where would "lin" come from?

Anyway, I'm not going to argue over a username haha.

My actual name is Colin, and my favorite game is Ico, so I tried to join them together, I guess. It's got nothing to do with the pride of long island.

Anyways, sorry if I came off a little brash!

I stopped watching Kinda Funny months ago, really poor PS podcast imo, too much BS and misinformation and they are out of touch on a lot of things, the PS pro and other nonsense turned me off. Colin cannot handle any mkind of proper criticism even when he is proven flat wrong, way better places to get PS news, sad, as I really liked Podcast Beyond on IGN. Kinda Funny have gone way downhill imo.

Haha. Javier from Florida wants Colin and Greg to single-handedly explain North America's backwards attitudes towards Sex and Violence.

I actually had to fix their description when I quoted it. In the video's description, it says Javier is from Flordia.

Edit- Someone in the YouTube video berated Colin on how little he played of Dark Souls III (and used his trophy list to back up their claim). Colin's response is something I think a lot of people should keep in mind:

Late April/early May 2014. I played the game for several hours a day; also did other things, like cleaned up my backyard, read, went on walks, ate at the same diner in the same seat every day. I called it "Retirement Vacation," as old fans will remember. And yes, I played Dark Souls. Probably not very well, but I played it. I don't think I earned a single new Trophy the entire time, either. I remember, because unlike you, I was there. I will never understand why people want to be so mean in comments, but this actually goes beyond that, because I almost never answer (or even care very much) about what people say. My bigger point is this: I know some great Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne fans, but people like you really are the reason why many console gamers look at that community of players with disdain. Just because someone doesn't like your game doesn't make them a bad person, or a liar, or someone worth ridiculing or calling out. Not everyone likes your favorite game franchise. Get over it. And quick. -Colin

I actually had to fix their description when I quoted it. In the video's description, it says Javier is from Flordia.

Edit- Someone in the YouTube video berated Colin on how little he played of Dark Souls III (and used his trophy list to back up their claim). Colin's response is something I think a lot of people should keep in mind:

Colin needs to take his own advice, he is often arrogant and is "always Right" and cannot handle any criticism, even when he is clearly wrong.

Same , it is embarassing they are the top PS podcast imo, they are poor representation for Sony and Playstation and quite of of touch on many things for the industry they work in.

Top Bottom