• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Tangentially related:

ffQwEqa.png

D i Z

Well the republican propaganda machine wouldn't have gone into overload against other growing interests. The Tea party and other right wing agendas wouldn't have spiraled into alt-right nonsense. Racism wouldn't have been used as a political motivator to turn the indoctrinated masses against their fellow countrymen. And women would be firmly in their place, in binders. More of the elites would be bleeding us dry without recourse. So yeah, he's right about Romney. We'd have been up shit creek sooner.

At this point I highly doubt they even going to play and finish Persona 5 when it comes out. It doesn't look that they have it in them to play 50+ hours games anymore.

I just chuckle whenever either of them talks about being hyped about Persona. They're not going to get anywhere near beating that game. Colin will play 2 hours and say it didn't get its hooks into him and Greg will play like 5 hours and say something like "I'll get back to it" and then never play it again.

I just chuckle whenever either of them talks about being hyped about Persona. They're not going to get anywhere near beating that game. Colin will play 2 hours and say it didn't get its hooks into him and Greg will play like 5 hours and say something like "I'll get back to it" and then never play it again.

I don't expect Colin to play it at all (maybe a little). Remember, he kept holding off on P4 Golden on Vita. I think Greg will play it longer than you expect, considering how high he was on P4 Golden.

Yeah, I think I'm done with KF. Dude had zero tact to begin with and just has gotten worse feeding into his persecution complex.

Colin's shit tweets and his overall attitude is why I stopped following him on Twitter. He's so fucking abrasive and then he doubles down on it.

I can't help but find the thought of this funny...

I think Greg will play it thoroughly. I expect it to be something like his "MGSV" of this year. Don't know what to expect from Colin.

I can't help but find the thought of this funny...

I think Greg will play it thoroughly. I expect it to be something like his "MGSV" of this year. Don't know what to expect from Colin.

I just don't think he's big on the series. Then again, aren't they somewhat similar in tone to the Danganronpa (spelling?) games? He loves those.

D i Z

I like Colin and think he sometimes has salient points politically, but Twitter is just the worst place to discuss politics. You just have no room for nuance and you miss out on tone of voice.

Dude. He's not looking for nuance. You'd be the first to say that Colin is intelligent. Allow him to be as intelligent as everyone likes to believe, and still be a trolling asshole with his intent.
Twitter is not a puzzle where things are lost in translation over and over again. Dude is deliberate in what he says and how he says it all.

Greg wasn't all about Persona 4 G all that much. Everyone around him was, so he tried but couldn't deal. Kristen and Andrew put the work into a lost cause.

Curufinwe

Dude. He's not looking for nuance. You'd be the first to say that Colin is intelligent. Allow him to be as intelligent as everyone likes to believe, and still be a trolling asshole with his intent.
Twitter is not a puzzle where things are lost in translation over and over again. Dude is deliberate in what he says and how he says it all.

He's not though. He just likes to think he is. The stuff he comes up with is genuinely dumb. Again, just like Trump.

Somehow I can see this happening exactly.

Colin's shit tweets and his overall attitude is why I stopped following him on Twitter. He's so fucking abrasive and then he doubles down on it.

Colin's twitter is perfectly reasonable, I don't know why people are unable to handle opinions.

Curufinwe

Somehow I can see this happening exactly.

Colin's twitter is perfectly reasonable, I don't know why people are unable to handle opinions.

Blaming the current neofascist state of the Republican Party on people not voting for Romney is not in any way reasonable. It's just a cowardly attempt to hide from the fact that the inmates have taken over the asylum.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Colin saying if you get hampered by 60 bucks as a fee for online gaming maybe gaming is not for you feels so unnecessarily flame baity... sigh. Unless he's really serious, in that case I'd call it rather ignorant. There's maybe a case for the PS eco system not being for you then or similar but man with statements like that, it doesn't create a very inclusive atmosphere.

Blaming the current neofascist state of the Republican Party on people not voting for Romney is not in any way reasonable. It's just a cowardly attempt to hide from the fact that the inmates have taken over the asylum.

He's not allowed to say he wishes people had voted for Romney? He's not allowed to have that opinion? What are you talking about?

"You" being millions of people since Romney got his ass kicked.

A smarter person would realize saying it about Hillary makes much more sense.

He didn't support Hillary. He supported Romney. That's why he said that. What do you want?

D i Z

He's not though. He just likes to think he is. The stuff he comes up with is genuinely dumb. Again, just like Trump.

I know that. And you know that. People have different measurements for intelligence. Some people have a need for a relatable figure to be labeled that way for vicarious reasons.

Omerta

styl3s

Yeah, I think I'm done with KF. Dude had zero tact to begin with and just has gotten worse feeding into his persecution complex.
I am 100% done with the gaming side of KF i don't care for the content they create and absolutely cannot stand Colin. He's gotten unbearable over the last year.

That being said i like the new daily-daily format because i like Kevin, Nick, Tim and i like Greg on the non-gaming stuff and i can deal with the small amounts of Colin on the non-gaming podcast because of everyone else. But i am done giving them money on both patreons and supporting them on Twitch. Maybe something will change but i like said in another thread i would rather put that money towards other content creators who are doing more interesting things.

Maybe they can draw me back in and change up stuff but changing their daily foruma and getting a community person is nothing. They aren't doing anything new or fixing any of the problems people have and like Colin only going to the KF forums where they get no critism and only get their asses kissed isn't going to help them evolve.

Sometimes I am interested in hearing what Colin has to say about something but mostly not. His obsessive need to use big, complex words out of context is tiring. He has an overall arrogance to him. He seems like he'd be impossible to be around.

I still will listen but mostly the other programs KF offers. Tim seems the most grounded and genuinely entertaining so I will seek his shows out more.

Edit:

I actually get pretty annoyed when Colin proudly showboats when he's correct about a game eventually bombing. I get that it's 'his thing' (Colin is right..) but it comes off as disrespectful to the developers - especially from someone who has never worked on a game.

Sometimes I am interested in hearing what Colin has to say about something but mostly not. His obsessive need to use big, complex words out of context is tiring. He has an overall arrogance to him. He seems like he'd be impossible to be around.

I still will listen but mostly the other programs KF offers. Tim seems the most grounded and genuinely entertaining so I will seek his shows out more.

I'm not too sure about that. When colleagues (former or current) and acquaintances talk about him, its usually in a very favorable light. For instance, Danny O'Dwyer, recently told people to watch Colin's new show, calling him one of the smartest people he knows in the video game industry. A lot of his former IGN co-workers (those still there and those that are not) always seem/seemed to gel well with him (especially Vince, Brian, Goldfarb, Marty, Jared (at EA now) and Clements (at PlayStation now)). With most of the industry being pretty much the stark opposite of Colin in terms of politics, I think it's striking that he has so many close friends there that respect him and speak well of him, even though sometimes on Twitter he can be quite snappy with them. Clearly, people seem to have no problem being around him, even though he can come off as curmudgeonly. I wonder if its possible that the public-facing Colin (Kinda Funny, Twitter, etc.) is different than the private Colin.

plidex

You can probably say that about a lot of people. The only difference with Colin is that he has a wide reach for people to hear his opinions/preferences. It's one reason why I don't think I'd have the guts to do what they do. Sometimes, I even hesitate on posting things to forums. There's always going to be people who think opposite of you. Like I said elsewhere (maybe this thread), opinions are often fickle and confusing things. Sometimes they just don't make sense to everyone but the people holding them.

The only difference is that it's his job to talk about games, so it's logical he is held to a higher standard. Someone who talks to thousands of people about games shouldn't have the same awful attitude than forum trolls.

Just like a President shouldn't badmouth people.

I'm not too sure about that. When colleagues (former or current) and acquaintances talk about him, its usually in a very favorable light. For instance, Danny O'Dwyer, recently told people to watch Colin's new show, calling him one of the smartest people he knows in the video game industry. A lot of his former IGN co-workers (those still there and those that are not) always seem/seemed to gel well with him (especially Vince, Brian, Goldfarb, Marty, Jared (at EA now) and Clements (at PlayStation now)). With most of the industry being pretty much the stark opposite of Colin in terms of politics, I think it's striking that he has so many close friends there that respect him and speak well of him, even though sometimes on Twitter he can be quite snappy with them. Clearly, people seem to have no problem being around him, even though he can come off as curmudgeonly. I wonder if its possible that the public-facing Colin (Kinda Funny, Twitter, etc.) is different than the private Colin.

That's because all those are great people who can look past his obnoxiousness.

The only difference is that it's his job to talk about games, so it's logical he is held to a higher standard. Someone who talks to thousands of people about games shouldn't have the same awful attitude than forum trolls.

Exactly, and they should not be as misinformed when they talk about subjects in the industry they work in. It's not a lot to ask.

I actually had a bit about that, but wasn't sure how to word it. I mean, I'm sure there are some that actually do agree with him politically, but are not as upfront as he is, but the majority of his friends/acquaintances are quite different politically, so obviously they can deal with his beliefs (and sometimes agree with him on things).

I'm not too sure about that. When colleagues (former or current) and acquaintances talk about him, its usually in a very favorable light.

To add to that, on the Patreon Exclusive podcast that featured the KF memeber's girlfriends, they spent like 10 minutes fangirling over Colin and talking about how "people hate him on the internet but they don't know how wonderful and genuine of a guy he is to be around" yada yada yada. I'm quite sure he doesn't have that issue lol.

To add to that, on the Patreon Exclusive podcast that featured the KF memeber's girlfriends, they spent like 10 minutes fangirling over Colin and talking about how "people hate him on the internet but they don't know how wonderful and genuine of a guy he is to be around" yada yada yada. I'm quite sure he doesn't have that issue lol.

I also had a bit about that, too initially. Gia (Tim's girlfriend) is like the anti-Colin politically, yet offered some of the nicest words about him. Obviously Erin (Colin's girlfriend) was going to say nice things about him (otherwise it would've been super awkward) ;p

D i Z

Is there a point in speculating about his private life and off air characteristics? That's going a bit too far, either way you approach it. The conversation should stay on the topic of his public persona, and that presentation of what works, what doesn't and why. We know from his own mouth that he likes to troll people and has little to no regard for those that disagree other than to satisfy himself with trolling them.
We know that since they left IGN, they have relaxed on doing due diligence with information, and are quite happy with avoiding being corrected when they are flat out wrong. That might be a by product of running a business and the PS stuff is not the priority anymore. I could see them walking away from the gaming talk if their cartoon had ever taken off. And that's all well and good. They have goals.
Those goals are not to be the place to go if you want information. Just the place to go if you want to hear them yap for a while about whatever.

SamNW

If we're talking about Colin's politics, it would be a crime not to mention his recent desperate attempts to convince his followers (and himself?) that the far right and the far left are the same. It's amazing. It's the sort of argument I'd expect from someone who took a single APD class in their college's political science department and thought that gave them everything they need to explain contemporary political ideology. It's the sort of argument I'd expect from somebody who has decided that any belief is bad if it's sufficiently distant from the median point within an electorate.

But this coming from a man who wants to abolish income tax and replace it with economically regressive tax policy—a man who deeply and sincerely believes, in 2017, that there is no legitimate basis for a society looking after its citizens. So, we know he's not uncomfortable with extreme policy positions. The Randian bullshit is frivolous and funny when your 17-year-old, part-time libertarian friend believes it for a month. It's indefensible and vulgar when a grown-ass man who claims to have a mind for politics and a functioning moral compass does.

I see why people think that Colin has a mind for politics. I do. When anything political comes up on the GOG Show, he outclasses the other three. Fine. But my god, he makes some hysterical statements on Twitter. For someone who lambastes from his high horse the absence of nuance and reason in American political discourse, he sure fails spectacularly to offer anything thoughtful or incisive.

Colin doesn't know shit about politics and the only people who think he does are those who know even less than him. He fools people because he is mildly articulate, but his words don't have any substance to offer.

He's not fooling me.

Colin doesn't know shit about politics and the only people who think he does are those who know even less than him. He fools people because he is mildly articulate, but his words don't have any substance to offer.

He's not fooling me.

Colin sounds like a political genius because he's on show with three other people who know almost zero about politics - which isn't a slam on those guys. If I had a close relationship with three people who know little about a politics, I could convince them I'm a genius too.

The truth is, just about anybody with a reasonable knowledge of politics and policy could smoke Colin in a straight up debate.

I'd also point out that pre-this election, Colin's political takes were a lot less often. The libertarian guy is amusing when Obama's President and there's no real danger. Far less funny when Trump is in office with a Republican Congress. I wonder how much the IGN crew would love him if he was acting like has since Election Night. I mean, we already saw him get in a kerfluffle with Max Scoville.

Wait, is that tweet legit?

Somebody tell Colin to just do his vidya gamez podcast and leave it at that. People don't support his luxury lifestyle via patreon for him to project his political nonsense.

I come back to this thread every couple of months and it's always like this. I got tired after a week or so, pretty surprised more haven't just given up by this point.

Before and after him saying it should have been cancelled he says he's glad it was released for the people who enjoy it. He just doesn't feel the game was worth all that time and resources. Doesn't help that it's been in development like the entire time they've been at ign and most of kf so having to hear about a game you have no interest in for that long probably wore them down.

TLG was likely not an insane investment akin to Horizon, GT Sport and UC4.
I don't think it denied resources to another game, especially as a small team was working on it for the most part.

But yeah, I just meant it sounded a little spiteful but just a minor observation.

That also threw me off. He plays for an hour in total and then decides it shouldn't have existed despite many people who are so happy to have played and experienced it. It just sounds so selfish the way he said it, even if he was talking about it financially.

The last two or three podcasts they've said things that have really turned me off more than usual. Like stunningly abrasive. Colin dismissing the classic adventure genre as being completely stupid, the ignorant discussion on the gay themes in the last of us, it's just a lot of negative banter on a show I primarily want to listen to for info. (Plus that game developer going after Kyle Bosman on their show put me in a funk.)

I really want to quit them but I seem to keep clicking on it when it comes up on my feed. Maybe I'm just desperate to hear more people talk about games when I've run out of EZA content, I don't know.

He has been kinda passive aggressive more than usual the past year.
But I took a break from listening to them before and during the holidays as Colin seemed in such a negative head space but now I'm back refreshed.

Can say I'm back to largely enjoying the podcast again (barring the few eye brow raising Colin quips but that comes with the territory lol) and truthfully I will likely never stop listening to the boys because I've been a fan since early Beyond days.

Constructive critiscm here though, I'll always speak up for that.

OléGunner;228132303 said:
He has been kinda passive aggressive more than usual the past year.
I think its mainly a mixture of isolating himself from the wider community by sticking to places like the Kinda Funny forums etc. where you dont get much negative feedback and also when he does venture elsewhere he finds lots of negativity and paints everyone as a hater.

Now of course everyone is allowed an opinion, but people are also allowed to counter that opinion when your job is to do nothing but share your opinion on certain subjects.

What i cant stand is the fact that Colin presents himself as some wise sage who is up for a discussion on a subject but when you do engage him and come out with logical and factual points he seemingly takes his ball and goes home, as evidenced by his transparent attempt at appearing open and honest during the PS4 Pro debate in this thread when really he just wanted to write Neogaf off as a den of deplorables and not have to face such criticism again in his echo chamber. Of course because of the victimisation that Colin no doubt feels he seems to enjoy winding people up by deliberately saying shit in the most obnoxious and know it all way possible.

I started watching Beyond when the PS4 first released and quickly fell in love with it and them, watching their last episode of Beyond brought tears to my eyes and i was so proud and inspired by them going it alone and doing what they love, how they want to.

Its become clear though that them doing what they want is a double edged sword since it seems doing actual research and thorough analysis is no longer a priority to them and the product has suffered as a result. They want to come across as being knowledgeable and an authority on the business yet often i listen and after a while i just have to turn off because they will come out with some opinion that is clearly based on misinformation or faulty logic and i just cant stand listening anymore.

Its such a shame as i was a big fan and while i now hardly ever watch any of their videos anymore i do keep going back to PS I Love you XOXO each week to try and give them a chance but as i said find myself finishing less and less of them.

MisterMac

Colin and KF lost me when he said because a story about someone's Hijab being yanked off was fake he can no longer trust any news(that says anything negative the conservatives of America).

He basically says "Some Muslim lied so now I can't believe Mike Pence's stance on electrocuting gays. You blew it muslims, now not only can I not trust you but I will use this example to deflect every criticism of the party I worship as they sentence millions of people to die or be put into poverty by destroying their healthcare".

Top Bottom