• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

OniBaka

It's a shame I used to listen to this podcast as they were fun to listen to but now it's been few months I haven't tuned in and reading here it seems it hasn't improved.

PS, I Hate You should be the title of this OT.

I had to unsub from this thread because the same negativity that people complain about in Colin is worse by 100x on here. I feel like there should just be a A Hate Colin And Everything He Is In thread just so that there can be some actually discussion about the weekly show content on here.

Dominator

If people just don't like the guy, stop listening and move on. Its quite easy to erase his voice from your Twitter feed and YouTube page if thats what you desire.

Fjordson

I mean...it's easy to unsubscribe from this thread also if it's not enjoyable.

Never understood the urge to make GAF threads all positive. Happens in game OT's a lot also.

Its quite easy to erase his voice from your Twitter feed
Oh that was done a long time ago. Only saw the exchange because I follow Adam Boyes.

I don't "hate" Colin by any means or think he's some evil dude. And I still enjoy the podcast. I just find some of the things he says and his tone getting on my nerves occasionally *shrug*

SamNW

It was a bit cathartic watching Adam Boyes push back on Colin's arguments on Twitter.

Also lol at this:
...stuff like this makes me respect Colin all the more for sharing his views openly in an industry where he is surrounded by (ironically) hostile and intolerant liberals.
So brave.

Calderc

What absolutely riles me abiut Colin is this: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/vdrMa

He posts this massive sob story and then actively seeks out more hate and name calling for himself by posting and saying knowingly inflammatory and downright trolly things. If you don't want negative comments don't intentionally antagonise people.

He posts this massive sob story and then actively seeks out more hate and name calling for himself by posting and saying knowingly inflammatory and downright trolly things. If you don't want negative comments don't intentionally antagonise people.

Yeah, he should definitely self-moderate more, especially if he can't deal with the inevitable backlash. And I can definitely empathize with the "seeing "fuck Colin" everywhere" thing, especially a person with anxiety disorder. I'm already afraid of the THOUGHT of other people hating me. I can't imagine that thought seemingly being made manifest.

To say something positive, I really liked his gleeful reaction to the TLOU Part 2 reveal. That's the Colin I'd like to see more often. But maybe that's just me.

Calderc

Yeah, he should definitely self-moderate more, especially if he can't deal with the inevitable backlash. And I can definitely empathize with the "seeing "fuck Colin" everywhere" thing, especially a person with anxiety disorder. I'm already afraid of the THOUGHT of other people hating me. I can't imagine that thought seemingly being made manifest.

To say something positive, I really liked his gleeful reaction to the TLOU Part 2 reveal. That's the Colin I'd like to see more often. But maybe that's just me.

That's why it angers me so much, as I also suffer from anxiety and depression. And as someone who does, the thing I avoid the most is things I know trigger it. That fact he seeks these triggers leads me to feel very little sympathy for him.

SamNW

That fact he seeks these triggers leads me to feel very little sympathy for him.
This isn't meant as any sort of indictment of your comment, nor of the vast majority of people who post in this thread, but I think it's worth saying that we absolutely should have sympathy for him in certain situations.

I think that he presents some morally untenable political arguments; in such cases, sharp and direct criticism is appropriate. If someone with a very large platform is spreading half-truths and saying gross shit, then by all means, be relentlessly critical.

That said, it's bullshit that people go at him so hard over his games commentary. Sure, it sucks that his podcast isn't exactly what I want, and I wish he would give certain games more of a chance. I often disagree with his evaluations of things, and his dismissal of others. But if you feel the need to go in a KF Facebook group and tear into him for something he said about a game, maybe pump the breaks. I've been critical of PS I Love You in this thread, but I try to keep that criticism constructive, or at least be very clear about what I think could be better.

There's an appropriate time to be harsh with people. Conversations about games are not the appropriate time. When the anger you express at his unwillingness to play The Last Guardian is equal to the anger you express at his willingness to let poor people die in pursuit of some vulgar notion of "freedom," you're only weakening the impact when it's time to make the more important argument.

Yeah it's sad the way people just drive by and curse him out. I think most the people in here really do like Colin or did at some point or they wouldn't be posting in this thread. I worshiped the dude at one point. But we just want the show to get back to its former greatness, and like you I want to see that other Colin more often.

I think Colin has difficulty admitting when he said or did something wrong. It comes up often in the podcasts, like his interminable defence of his Vita predictions from years ago. But also on election night. After people got (rightfully) pissed at him for being dismissive of some people's fears, he posted the longest strawman about how Hillary was a terrible politician and yada yada yada. Like, dude, that was not the issue. People were not upset at you for not liking Hillary or some shit.

That's why it angers me so much, as I also suffer from anxiety and depression. And as someone who does, the thing I avoid the most is things I know trigger it. That fact he seeks these triggers leads me to feel very little sympathy for him.

Victim blaming? The hypocrisy here is outstanding.

Congrats to Greg being named co-host with Jessica Chobot on the upcoming D.I.C.E. Awards. These are basically the Oscars of the video game world.

SamNW

You mean how he commented after clearly not watching the video, and then made it all about Colin's political views? Got him.
Uhh, it was a pretty friendly debate after they engaged one another. Adam said he watched the whole thing and I'm pretty sure Colin believed him. Concluded with them saying they were gonna have Adam on a show. He also didn't "make it all about" political views. He made one throwaway joke about free markets.

Uhh, it was a pretty friendly debate after they engaged one another. Adam said he watched the whole thing and I'm pretty sure Colin believed him. Concluded with them saying they were gonna have Adam on a show. He also didn't "make it all about" political views. He made one throwaway joke about free markets.

As I said over in the Kinda Funny OT thread, if all debates were like this, the world would be a better place. Sides that have different viewpoints having a respectful debate is nice to see, especially nowadays.

I deleted my comment on that after I read the whole thread. I could only see the first two tweets!

Omerta

I like Colin Moriarty

I like Easy Allies

I'm sure I'd like many of you if I met you in person

I do not like this thread.

I like Colin Moriarty

I like Easy Allies

Yeah...I've said it before but don't know why people keep bringing off topic political bullcrap and drive by on KF or Colin without anything constructive or relevant to the topic to say, which isn't to say criticism isn't allowed, but most of what's happening has definitely not been that unfortunately...

On topic, I know they don't talk about it much, but going to try out GR2 demo this weekend. Still think Colin should give it another shot on PS4 and see if his opinions changed.

D i Z

I too like cookies. Chocolate chip, to be exact.

Anyhoo. Who's excited for the stream tonight? I know this is a PS I Love You XOXO thread, but I can't wait to see what the switch price is.

I'm looking forward to what they have to show, though I'm pretty sure my low interest will stay the same. Cool things for other people is always awesome. It just better be cool this time...

I'm looking forward to what they have to show, though I'm pretty sure my low interest will stay the same. Cool things for other people is always awesome. It just better be cool this time...

Yeah. If the Switch does not succeed, I will definitely think Nintendo should shift to being strictly a publisher. They have such wonderful artists there. When you see what they can do with what Nintendo provides them, I salivate when I think about what they can do with more capable systems. I hope it succeeds, as I actually have, for a while, wanted to see someone attempt to make a console/handheld hybrid. Ever since the PS4/Vita and Wii U/Wii U Tablet connectivity, I've thought an actual hybrid would be a neat thing. And now we get the chance to see one in action!

GOOCHY

Libertarianism = Baby's First Political Philosopy

Most people grow out of it once they're no longer in the Freshman dorm room ripping bongs with their buddies. For Colin, it's taking a bit longer.

ZarKryn7

It just... Man, back in the beyond days. I really like him a lot. Sure he said things I disagree with and does things I can't stand, but I still tune in because he had something that I get attracted to. I don't know what it is. Like it's this sort of aura where he'd seem like a cool guy to chill with. I don't get that vibe anymore.

I don't know lol.

plidex

If you read his post it's hard to say he doesn't believe all what he said. But that would mean that he doesn't realize he actively generates a lot of that hate. But I've never doubted he is smart. But if he is smart and doesn't realize something so simple, then he is emotionally challenged.

giphy.gif

It just... Man, back in the beyond days. I really like him a lot. Sure he said things I disagree with and does things I can't stand, but I still tune in because he had something that I get attracted to. I don't know what it is. Like it's this sort of aura where he'd seem like a cool guy to chill with. I don't get that vibe anymore.

I don't know lol.

Yeah I used to listen to Beyond every week it was my first and favorite gaming podcast. I had a tough time getting into the KF Gamescast and was excited for PS, I Love You. But I've been done with it for a few months, Colin has always bugged me from time to time, but his worst qualities seemed to have come out way too much in the last year or so.

And I know a lot of the stuff Colin complains about is having anonymous people criticize him on the internet, which I can totally understand. But he has no tact when giving his opinion, he presents it as fact, in a kind of fuck you if you disagree kind of way. Then he retreats and complains when people disagree or give valid criticism.

It really shouldn't be a reason to respect someone, who cares what someone else's political views are, but stuff like this makes me respect Colin all the more for sharing his views openly in an industry where he is surrounded by (ironically) hostile and intolerant liberals.

Is this the whole "I like him cause he tells it like it is" thing? When "telling it like it is" is a bunch of pompous bullshit, that's not commendable.

GOOCHY

It really shouldn't be a reason to respect someone, who cares what someone else's political views are, but stuff like this makes me respect Colin all the more for sharing his views openly in an industry where he is surrounded by (ironically) hostile and intolerant liberals.

Correcting someone when they're wrong isn't intolerance. Facts are important.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm kinda surprised at all the 'this thread is too negative' posts. Colin came into this thread and called us all trolls, when most people were just trying to talk to him.

If Miyamoto came into a Mario Odyssey thread and did the same, you can bet that would get pretty negative. I mean it is a shame, I wish we could go back to discussing the podcast the way we used to, but this happened for a reason.

sora87

I like Colin Moriarty

I like Easy Allies

It's pretty funny actually, I like the Colin we get on the GoG show, and for the most part on C&GL/morning show. I think it's just when it comes to games that I don't care for his views any more.

sh1fty

Congrats to Greg being named co-host with Jessica Chobot on the upcoming D.I.C.E. Awards. These are basically the Oscars of the video game world.

Sounds like a big honor. I really hope he keeps it professional and mature (i.e. please keep your shirt on and no screaming). That could bring some positive vibes and new viewers to their content.

I always have to laugh when I see Jessica Chobot... I just recently played through Mass Effect 3 for the first time and her character was SOOO bad lol.

It's pretty funny actually, I like the Colin we get on the GoG show, and for the most part on C&GL/morning show. I think it's just when it comes to games that I don't care for his views any more.

I think if Colin were to ever do a show that combined history with games, I think that would be a slam dunk thing. Like, maybe a Civ series in which, while he's playing, he also brings in real history.

Cool that Greg is hosting that award. I can say he brings energy to these events and it never feels forced.

I think if Colin were to ever do a show that combined history with games, I think that would be a slam dunk thing. Like, maybe a Civ series in which, while he's playing, he also brings in real history.

I have not heard Colin speak eloquently about history outside of American history. I do not believe he is as well-versed in world history as you think he is, and I think it has become clear that he wouldn't play a game that isn't already top of mind for him. I haven't heard him mention Civ so I don't see any content of him being forced to play a game as good.

Cool that Greg is hosting that award. I can say he brings energy to these events and it never feels forced.

I have not heard Colin speak eloquently about history outside of American history. I do not believe he is as well-versed in world history as you think he is, and I think it has become clear that he wouldn't play a game that isn't already top of mind for him. I haven't heard him mention Civ so I don't see any content of him being forced to play a game as good.

He put so many hours into Civ V. He was obsessed with it for a while. A PC game!

DeviantBoi

I think that something flipped with a lot of people after the elections. I know it did with me.

This is merely my opinion so feel free to disagree with me.

Before Trump, I always regarded Colin as someone with different political opinions, and that was fine. That's okay. I didn't agree with him over many things, but I liked hearing him talk about games and stuff.

But after the election, it dawned on me (and I'm sure many other people) how the Republicans have been rigging the system for the past eight years... from gerrymandering to weaponizing dank memes and fake news on Facebook. Before election night, I thought these things couldn't impact the election the way they did. It was a rude awakening for many people.

Colin may not have voted or supported Trump, but he sure as hell supported the Republican party that is now working to dismantle everything good and decent that Obama accomplished.

I have no space in my life for anyone with his opinions and beliefs. He may say he's in favor of things like same-sex marriages, but his actions say otherwise (voting for Romney, for example).

Politics is now "Us vs Them". It's ugly and unfortunate, but that's the way that the Republican party has been operating for a decade. It's about time the Democrats start playing the same game.

the1npc

I'm kinda surprised at all the 'this thread is too negative' posts. Colin came into this thread and called us all trolls, when most people were just trying to talk to him.

If Miyamoto came into a Mario Odyssey thread and did the same, you can bet that would get pretty negative. I mean it is a shame, I wish we could go back to discussing the podcast the way we used to, but this happened for a reason.

Yep the majority of people were civil. If this causes him to break down like that link posted earlier then he seriously needs therapy

I think that something flipped with a lot of people after the elections. I know it did with me.

This is merely my opinion so feel free to disagree with me.

Before Trump, I always regarded Colin as someone with different political opinions, and that was fine. That's okay. I didn't agree with him over many things, but I liked hearing him talk about games and stuff.

But after the election, it dawned on me (and I'm sure many other people) how the Republicans have been rigging the system for the past eight years... from gerrymandering to weaponizing dank memes and fake news on Facebook. Before election night, I thought these things couldn't impact the election the way they did. It was a rude awakening for many people.

Colin may not have voted or supported Trump, but he sure as hell supported the Republican party that is now working to dismantle everything good and decent that Obama accomplished.

I have no space in my life for anyone with his opinions and beliefs. He may say he's in favor of things like same-sex marriages, but his actions say otherwise (voting for Romney, for example).

Politics is now "Us vs Them". It's ugly and unfortunate, but that's the way that the Republican party has been operating for a decade. It's about time the Democrats start playing the same game.

Didn't Colin leave the Republican party?

Zukkoyaki

Tim Gettys is in New York for the Switch event and has unleashed a flurry of impressions on Twitter. I'd love to see him on PSILY more, he adds a much needed extra voice and has improved immensely when it comes to discussion and breaking down his opinions.

I have played a lot of Nintendo Switch. With every variation of control. It has a few major pros, and many minor flaws.

Pro controller is ��. Joygrip is fine. Tablet mode is fine. Joycon only is a joke. The shoulder buttons are TINY.

Imma do 90% of portable playing with the kickstand and a pro controller. That setup is unreal. Flights are about to be awesome.

played almost every game they had at the event. Didn't play a single one I didn't at least have fun with.

ARMS was way better than it has any right to be. And SnipperClip is the sleeper hit. Coop puzzle game. Excellent gameplay.

Super Bomberman R is multiplayer perfection. It is the definition of a "one more match and all of a sudden it is 6AM" game.

Mario Kart is Mario Kart 8 but better. Sold. Battle mode is HELLA FUN. Lots of new content. Just as polished as always.

it is super cool seeing Ultra Street Fighter 2 in both Classic and HD. I beat some guy. He wasnt very good.

Justin Wong was there too. I didn't beat him.

Puyo Puyo x Tetris is insanity. @GameOverGreggy is going to LOVE it.

and Zelda is awesome. Duh.

https://twitter.com/TimGettys/status/819977491993477121

Tim Gettys is in New York for the Switch event and has unleashed a flurry of impressions on Twitter. I'd love to see him on PSILY more, he adds a much needed extra voice and has improved immensely when it comes to discussion and breaking down his opinions

That'll literally be another Gamescast. I'm sure they'll offer a plethora of opinion regarding the Switch on next week's podcast.

DeviantBoi

Didn't Colin leave the Republican party?

Does he agree with the Republicans dismantling the ACA?

He does. He voted for people that promised to do this.

Does he agree with giving tax breaks to the rich because of trickle-down economics?

tskeeve

Does he agree with the Republicans dismantling the ACA?

Does he agree with giving tax breaks to the rich because of trickle-down economics?

...and what does that have to do with talking about videogames?

Or do you have to assess someone's political beliefs to make sure they "pass muster" before you allow yourself to engage with them? I suppose that means you'd never be able to talk to like 80% of the developing world then, because some common beliefs would SHOCK you lmao.

Top Bottom