• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Great show. Nobody knows Sony 1st party studios like these guys. I love the insight.

Also ... it would have been so easy for them to bring in the Scalebound news to this show ... but they didn't. I love how they keep it focused on Playstation and don't turn it into a console war show.

Poop talk was hilarious ... you know they're doing it just because it pisses some of you off :)

They talked about Scalebound last week briefly, so bringing up again this week would've been weird.

SamNW

Tim's a Nintendo fanboy (nothing wrong with that), of course he likes it.
I feel like it would take a truly disastrous fuckup on Nintendo's part to sour Tim on the Switch. I think they've made a pretty terrible case for it at this point, but diehard Nintendo fans don't seem to agree (and that's fine!), so I'm not surprised that Tim is on board.

Zukkoyaki

Tim was down on Switch because he had inflated expectations (as did pretty much all of us). What we ended up getting was something more akin to what we got with the Wii-U which most Nintendo fans were fine with hence why he's excited for Switch. You can be both satisfied and disappointed at the same time.

XandBosch

I unsubbed the other day.

After watching EZA Switch betting special and live reactions, I can't go back to KF.

I loved their Mario reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RivzXh-_-8

Damn. Clearly I should've been watching their stream, I seem to align more with them (in that I was actually happy about stuff that was shown). Don't get me wrong I laughed along with Colin at "Project Octopath Traveler", but KF just gets me down when it comes to Nintendo (apart from Tim).

This week's PSILU was great. Agreed with another post that the final 1/4 of the show needs a revamp though.

After watching EZA Switch betting special and live reactions, I can't go back to KF.

Go to who you enjoy/align with. I feel like an oddity, in that I love EZA, KF, and GB. It's sad when I see stuff flung at EZA in the GB thread about EZA's excitement. I'll never deride someone for being overly excited for something they enjoy. I think Mike Huber's joy at hearing the Shenmue III announcement was really endearing.

Zukkoyaki

I'm with everyone that this week's episode was fantastic! Greg and Colin are soooo fucking good when they really focus on and discuss the nuances of PlayStation in passionate detail. The discussion sparked by the Guerrilla Cambridge closure is the type of thing that made me a fan of theirs in the first place.

meanspartan

ouf, just got blocked by Colin on twitter cuz I replied to one of his retweets to comment on how fucking stupid it was (equating Manning's leaks with Russia's tampering). I didn't even really intend to reply to Colin, more the person making the original tweet, shoulda deleted Colin's tag from it. Oh well, good thing I barely use twitter lol.

I guess its good that he shuts down any negativity quickly, probably healthier overall.

Anyhoo, loved the show yesterday, the chat about Sony's commitment to VR in particular had me very interested. They actually answered one of my questions on the show last year in which I asked about how much confidence they had in Sony supporting PSVR and not Vita-ing it. At the time, they both said "this time is different for Sony", but I'm not sure they'd still say that today.

RedAssedApe

Banned
ouf, just got blocked by Colin on twitter cuz I replied to one of his retweets to comment on how fucking stupid it was (equating Manning's leaks with Russia's tampering). I didn't even really intend to reply to Colin, more the person making the original tweet, shoulda deleted Colin's tag from it. Oh well, good thing I barely use twitter lol.

I guess its good that he shuts down any negativity quickly, probably healthier overall.

Anyhoo, loved the show yesterday, the chat about Sony's commitment to VR in particular had me very interested. They actually answered one of my questions on the show last year in which I asked about how much confidence they had in Sony supporting PSVR and not Vita-ing it. At the time, they both said "this time is different for Sony", but I'm not sure they'd still say that today.

so much for best friends :(

SamNW

Colin: *tone of criticism is extremely sharp, forceful; often deliberately refrains from nuanced arguments on Twitter*

Also Colin: *blocks people who employ a similar tone*

I do feel like both of them, Colin in particular, have mistakenly predicted a VR revolution which simply isn't taking shape. It'll be totally dead by the end of next year at this rate.

meanspartan

Colin: *tone of criticism is extremely sharp, forceful; often deliberately refrains from nuanced arguments on Twitter*

Also Colin: *blocks people who employ a similar tone*

Well, I wasn't too polite to be honest. My exact quote was "Yes, if you're a fucking idiot with no appreciation for context". It wasn't just sharp criticism, I was rude I admit lol. I just wasn't really aiming it at Colin, though I guess if you retweet someone you are also basically saying the same thing sometimes.

The tweet I was replying to was saying that if you supported Manning's release, you couldn't also complain about Russia hacking emails and leaking them to wikileaks. To me, those are two very different things with just wikileaks in common, but w/e.

ironmang

I don't really get the hate from some people about them not finishing every game. Like, you want Greg to finish both Yakuza and Gravity Rush in the same week they're also talking about the Switch and doing the day to day stuff? Playing for 5-10 hours should be enough time to talk about it. Especially since you don't want them to spoil anything before the game even releases. I agree they'd benefit from a 3rd chair, particularly someone who has different tastes for a more complete experience but I'm fine with how well they run the show as a duo. Even like a rotating chair would be fun.

I'm with everyone that this week's episode was fantastic! Greg and Colin are soooo fucking good when they really focus on and discuss the nuances of PlayStation in passionate detail. The discussion sparked by the Guerrilla Cambridge closure is the type of thing that made me a fan of theirs in the first place.

Yep I thought that was great and the type of discussion they really excel at.

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I'm assuming they mention the formation of Manchester Studio in order to keep the discussion balanced, right?

PSVR maybe, but not Vive or Oculus.

I should have been clearer - I was explicitly referring to PSVR, rather than the market in general. I must confess, I'm not following the platform to the same degree as owners, but it does feel like it's dried up already.

It'll be interesting to see how Sony move forward with VR in 2017.

SamNW

Well, I wasn't too polite to be honest. My exact quote was "Yes, if you're a fucking idiot with no appreciation for context". It wasn't just sharp criticism, I was rude I admit lol. I just wasn't really aiming it at Colin, though I guess if you retweet someone you are also basically saying the same thing sometimes.

The tweet I was replying to was saying that if you supported Manning's release, you couldn't also complain about Russia hacking emails and leaking them to wikileaks. To me, those are two very different things with just wikileaks in common, but w/e.
Right, "you're a fucking idiot" is probably a bad way to endear yourself haha. That said, I was referring to stuff I've seen him do in general, when people seem to be trying to have an honest debate about something but use sharp words.

Karu

Go to who you enjoy/align with. I feel like an oddity, in that I love EZA, KF, and GB. It's sad when I see stuff flung at EZA in the GB thread about EZA's excitement. I'll never deride someone for being overly excited for something they enjoy. I think Mike Huber's joy at hearing the Shenmue III announcement was really endearing.
Nah, keep fighting the good fight. I appreciate it at least. :D

Also, how the fuck did they not know what Tenerife was?

I usually pride myself in knowing where places are around the world and yet I had to look it up. I just don't think it's all that well known here. Also, remember that Greg used to think New Zealand was situated in Northern Europe.

pelican

I usually pride myself in knowing where places are around the world and yet I had to look it up. I just don't think it's all that well known here. Also, remember that Greg used to think New Zealand was situated in Northern Europe.

You are fucking kidding me.

How could anyone possiblly think NZ was in Europe? Sorry, but that is Primary school education.

You are fucking kidding me.

How could anyone possiblly think NZ was in Europe? Sorry, but that is Primary school education.

I was shocked when I heard it too. I'm probably way of base here, but perhaps (despite him not being a fan) he saw The Lord of the Rings and knew it was filmed it New Zealand, but thought the geography resembled Europe. My reasoning for this way of thinking is that Middle-Earth was meant to resemble an alternate history to early England (which lost most of its native legends/myths to history after the Norman invasion of 1066). I'm overthinking this, clearly, trying the rationalize why he thought NZ was in Europe.

Past

What will their reactions be towards Yakuza?

Greg had Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2 for three weeks now. He said he played them for one night, but wasn't feeling them after one session so he went and played Lego Marvel instead. I was pretty disappointed when he said that as I really wanted to hear his in-dept thoughts about both of those games, but I guess getting a platinum on a 4 year old game is more important to him!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Greg had Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2 for three weeks now. He said he played them for one night, but wasn't feeling them after one session so he went and played Lego Marvel instead. I was pretty disappointed when he said that as I really wanted to hear his in-dept thoughts about both of those games, but I guess getting a platinum on a 4 year old game is more important to him!

tbh they seem to do this all the time now

what was the last game they played to completion? Anyone know?

A game that isn't an indie vita game

Omerta

I'm not sure why you guys are looking to Greg and Colin for detailed impressions on the latest releases... it clearly isn't what they do anymore.

They've said countless times that they love not *having* to play things they don't want to... I don't blame them.

Personally, I'm happy to get my detailed impressions and reviews elsewhere... I listen to psilu for the banter.

NYR

This was a treat to watch, thanks for sharing. So easy to be a cynical bastard about everything, Kinda Funny has gone down that road way too much for me, the elitism has become associated with their brand which is a shame, they seem like great guys.

tbh they seem to do this all the time now

what was the last game they played to completion? Anyone know?

A game that isn't an indie vita game

I know Colin at least beat Infinite Warfare, BF1, Titanfall 2, and RE7. Greg I don't know because he made his trophies private on PSNprofiles.

What are you trying to hide Greg??!?!

Top Bottom