• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

prwxv3

I'm sure Patrons love the idea of their money being used in a debate between two man babies.

For one thing it's going to go to charity. And second any extra chash they have left after supporting the show is theirs and can do whatever they want with it.

I've been off twitter all day, but I'm confused to what prompted Colin's original tweet. Lady Gaga is fairly progressive and protested Trump - why are the "far left" trying to censor her?

Colin went off on all the kids at Cal who protested the Nazi's that came to speak on their campus. I believe he reflects that act as an act from the "far left"

Gutek

Colin went off on all the kids at Cal who protested the Nazi's that came to speak on their campus. I believe he reflects that act as an act from the "far left"

He just really thinks Milo is worth hearing out... and doesn't understand free speech.

Jerm411

The original tweet was ridiculous....and then him telling bob he has no balls because he was ignoring his debate offer is just childish.

I think it is laughable that people try to defend this guys actions when he acts like like this both on and off the channel.

He behaves like a child.

Jerm411

I think it is laughable that people try to defend this guys actions when he acts like like this both on and off the channel.

He behaves like a child.

It's kinda creepy honestly...actually really creepy lol. Twitter and Facebook minions all eating it up. Now Greg has chimed in and Colin has called him a coward. Alrighty.

GeoramA

Lol the transition from dick pics to the Pro Flowers ad read was great

But I don't like it when they say shit like "We already have a Journey" about Abzu. 😒
Writing off a great game like Abzu like that is fucking embarassing.

Really sad that this is the #1 PS podcast. The brand deserves better.

Icolin

Banned
What a fucking tool. Such a fucking tool lol. Someone in the fucking games media business throwing around celebrity status? Lol that's delusion of the highest order

Yeah. I usually defend Colin, because I do think that he gets a lot of undeserved hate, but he should've just ignored that guy's bullshit instead replying, let alone replying with that.

Zukkoyaki

I came close to dropping Kinda Funny after Colin said people who enjoyed TLG and FFXV are playing mental gymnastics to convince themselves that the games are better than they actually are. But man his ego is quickly becoming the stuff of legend.

But I don't like it when they say shit like "We already have a Journey" about Abzu. 😒

Agreed. With that logic we should write off Bloodstained because "we already have Castlevania" or Detroit because "we already have Heavy Rain." It's okay not to like a game, you don't need to create such arbitrary excuses.

Servbot24

Banned
What a fucking tool. Such a fucking tool lol. Someone in the fucking games media business throwing around celebrity status? Lol that's delusion of the highest order

Check out Greg's recent videos on Twitter. That kinda stuff can go to your head. (not a shot at greg)

MrS

Banned
Yeah. I usually defend Colin, because I do think that he gets a lot of undeserved hate, but he should've just ignored that guy's bullshit instead replying, let alone replying with that.
The guy has been getting hate left right and centre all week. If I was in his position, I don't think I'd be able to hold my tongue. Good on him for not letting the shitheads get him down.

ZarKryn7

I came close to dropping Kinda Funny after Colin said people who enjoyed TLG and FFXV are playing mental gymnastics to convince themselves that the games are better than they actually are. But man his ego is quickly becoming the stuff of legend.

Man, what I would do for a EZA bloodworth v KF Moriarty debate.

Or debates with gaming personalities in general.

killroy87

Lol, now Colin is heckling the dude, telling him to come have a public debate.

But Colin doesn't debate on normal human terms, and he doesn't accept when he's been beaten. Colin only debates on Colin terms, which means he harps on technicalities and minute irrelevant details until the opponent just gives up. Case in point:

FUgeMC4.jpg

Icolin

Banned
The guy has been getting hate left right and centre all week. If I was in his position, I don't think I'd be able to hold my tongue. Good on him for not letting the shitheads get him down.

I agree to an extent, but what Colin said in response to that guy is a little much.

MrS

Banned
I agree to an extent, but what Colin said in response to that guy is a little much.
I respectfully disagree. I'd never heard of the guy either before venturing in to this thread and seeing the hubbub. The guy is small time and is being antagonistic for attention. Look at his twitter feed. Colin was right to give as good as he got imo.

Maximo

The political shitstorm that has been going on the last few months has really soured me on some people, not about who they support or their political views but how they go about them, how they present their arguments and the attitude towards others.

I don't always agree with Colin and I always like hearing different opinions I try to go out of my way so im not in a bubble that pats me on the back for agreeing with them, hell Colin Was Right is my favorite thing on Kinda Funny.

I'm not defending Colin in the slightest, just some amateur analysing but I get the impression that he doesn't want to be too political at all times on twitter, so when something really sticks in his craw (such as the world getting too PC) he can't resist posting so that means his political rantings end up being his most polarising viewpoints. Take the miniscule riots at the Trump inauguration for example, he tweets about that, long Facebook post about positive, non-violent protects, next day we get the women's march which was exactly what he supposedly wanted and he goes radio silent. The guy can say pretty objectionable things on podcasts but he's a million times worse on twitter, any nuance he has just completely falls from the wayside.

Anyway again, not defending, just trying to figure out why he's so awful on twitter.

Wow. Bob's been a huge part of Retronauts for years, which is a much better podcast than anything KF does these days. it's a shame to see Colin behave like that.

killroy87

You have to wonder what the other KF people think when they watch him go off like this. It might not be damaging to the brand, but it certainly doesn't do any favors to a community that refers to its members as "best friends". I'd have to imagine that, on more than one occasion they just think to themselves "dude, shut the fuck up..."

MrS

Banned
Wow. Bob's been a huge part of Retronauts for years, which is a much better podcast than anything KF does these days. it's a shame to see Colin behave like that.
Why isn't it a shame to see Bob behave like that? He did create this shitstorm, lest we forget.

Jotaka

Lol, now Colin is heckling the dude, telling him to come have a public debate.

But Colin doesn't debate on normal human terms, and he doesn't accept when he's been beaten. Colin only debates on Colin terms, which means he harps on technicalities and minute irrelevant details until the opponent just gives up. Case in point:

FUgeMC4.jpg

Steven Bannon is really Colin's idol lol

You have to wonder what the other KF people think when they watch him go off like this. It might not be damaging to the brand, but it certainly doesn't do any favors to a community that refers to its members as "best friends". I'd have to imagine that, on more than one occasion they just think to themselves "dude, shut the fuck up..."

You should watch the last couple Kinda Funny Morning Shows were Colin and Nick are hosting. Colin makes some fairly polarizing points, and Nick doesn't look like he knows what the hell to do lmao.

Zukkoyaki

I'm curious as well. I know they have a business model centered a small but insanely loyal audience that worships the ground they walk on but stuff like this is... How to put it... Dangerous? It turns off potential new viewers which hurts their room for growth. Now that isn't an issue, at least for now. However if the bottom ever falls out and they begin losing Patreon subscribers, things could get very ugly for Kinda Funny very quickly given their near nonexistent effort to expand their audience. Colin's Twitter antics and abrasive arguments and attitudes seem to be a major contributor to people's departures.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm not defending Colin in the slightest, just some amateur analysing but I get the impression that he doesn't want to be too political at all times on twitter, so when something really sticks in his craw (such as the world getting too PC) he can't resist posting so that means his political rantings end up being his most polarising viewpoints. Take the miniscule riots at the Trump inauguration for example, he tweets about that, long Facebook post about positive, non-violent protects, next day we get the women's march which was exactly what he supposedly wanted and he goes radio silent. The guy can say pretty objectionable things on podcasts but he's a million times worse on twitter, any nuance he has just completely falls from the wayside.

Anyway again, not defending, just trying to figure out why he's so awful on twitter.

I pretty much agree with this. There is definitely a side to Colin that I like, and I don't care whether I agree with the substance of his opinions. It's just the way he carries himself that is so scattershot. Sometimes he does a good job presenting his argument and I can see his point of view, and other times he is so fundamentally illogical in his message and abrasive in his presentation, it's just unbearable. Maybe he thinks he's being a "master troll" or something, but it's just the worst.

If I disagree with you, but you are respectful and logical in the way you present your argument, then we are all good. That's just not Colin.

Top Bottom