• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

If I disagree with you, but you are respectful and logical in the way you present your argument, then we are all good. That's just not Colin.
Yeah, a few years back I used to listen to several IGN podcasts (like Greg's Playstation one and Gamescoop), but then Colin came to Greg's podcast and I couldn't stand the way he argued and discussed this with people so I stopped listening to it. Then he came to Gamestop and ruined that podcast too.

It's not a surprise he called his own podcast "Colin Was Right."

I'm curious as well. I know they have a business model centered a small but insanely loyal audience that worships the ground they walk on but stuff like this is... How to put it... Dangerous? It turns off potential new viewers which hurts their room for growth. Now that isn't an issue, at least for now. However if the bottom ever falls out and they begin losing Patreon subscribers, things could get very ugly for Kinda Funny very quickly given their near nonexistent effort to expand their audience. Colin's Twitter antics and abrasive arguments and attitudes seem to be a major contributor to people's departures.

The actual problem probably won't be Patreon numbers. It'll be when the next time a deal to do sponsored content comes up, does company X do it with Kinda Funny, or do they do it with the slightly less popular but also more bland non-political YT channel?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Does any of this have anything to do with the podcast or gaming?

Icolin

Banned
You have to wonder what the other KF people think when they watch him go off like this. It might not be damaging to the brand, but it certainly doesn't do any favors to a community that refers to its members as "best friends". I'd have to imagine that, on more than one occasion they just think to themselves "dude, shut the fuck up..."

I'm curious as well. I know they have a business model centered a small but insanely loyal audience that worships the ground they walk on but stuff this is... How to put it... Dangerous? It turns off potential new viewers which hurts their room for growth. Now that isn't issue, at least for now. If the bottom ever falls out and they begin losing Patreon subscribers, things could get very ugly for Kinda Funny very quickly given their near nonexistent effort to expand their audience.

Well, one of the KF community mods chimed in on this.

This situation is pretty similar to what happened between Max Scoville (of IGN) and Colin, although I think in that case, it's clear that Colin was the restrained one.

Why isn't it a shame to see Bob behave like that? He did create this shitstorm, lest we forget.

You say enough stupid ass shit on Twitter like Colin does, you deserve to get called out.
First Brian, Max, now this. I think Alanah Pearce was in there too. You know, the only person you ever really see getting in public spats with other games media (at least for ones who've worked for major outlets like IGN/1Up/etc, I can't speak for YouTubers) is Colin. Wonder why that is?

krae_man

I respectfully disagree. I'd never heard of the guy either before venturing in to this thread and seeing the hubbub. The guy is small time and is being antagonistic for attention. Look at his twitter feed. Colin was right to give as good as he got imo.

If he's small time, Colin is small time.

They are on par. Retronauts and Laser Time are on the same level as Kinda Funny. Saying otherwise is nonsense.

Not to mention they both used to work for IGN.

Colins "I didn't know who he was" comment makes him look like a douche, not make Bob look like a nobody.

I thought this thread would be bumped because of the Twitter heat going on between Colin and @bobservo right now.

https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/828381418434605058

He's (Mackey) on point with the tweet he's referring to. People would be "just fine" with Gaga getting political? Did Colin just forget the right throwing a temper tantrum for weeks after Beyonce performed Formation at last years Super Bowl? This is something Colin continually does. He'll complain nonstop about what the left does, but seems to have no issue with what the right does.

Maximo

You have to wonder what the other KF people think when they watch him go off like this. It might not be damaging to the brand, but it certainly doesn't do any favors to a community that refers to its members as "best friends". I'd have to imagine that, on more than one occasion they just think to themselves "dude, shut the fuck up..."

RTX Sydney was not far from me but decided not to go..I listen to all their podcasts but I like to distance myself from these sort of things especially the whole *Best Friends* shtick and seeing videos of RTX is..offputting to me? Or at least I like supporting and watching content I like but not interested in meeting many of them especially ones that cater so hard to their fanbase that it borderline comes across as a cult sometimes. Of course when your funded by your fans I understand the need to cater to them they are putting food on your table, seems like a hard balancing act to not let it get to your head.

Maximo

Well, one of the KF community mods chimed in on this.

This situation is pretty similar to what happened between Max Scoville (of IGN) and Colin, although I think in that case, it's clear that Colin was the restrained one.

Well said by Lindsay its a big difference between tweeting at someone and retweeting something they said to you, its immediately available for the whole fanbase to see and respond to. One tweet could be taken out of a multiple of exchanges and causes a quick and often emotional response cause of the one tweet they choose to highlight.

Zukkoyaki

And that's why Lindsay didn't become the community manager because she is not a worshipper like Joey. They want people to worship them without questions.
I remember when they had their anniversary stream to talk about their plans for 2017 and claimed this year was "all about the community" where they address criticism. What they should have said is address the softball criticism from their most loyal community members. Things like putting the morning show YouTube and finally uploading Kinda Funny Live 2. God forbid they address actual criticism like timestamps on videos, "reviewing" and making definitive statements on games they've only played for an hour and trying to bring in new voices so that PSILY isn't so much of a broken record.

notaxation

Neo Member
No doubt Colin removed his tweets. And to think, he calls Bob Mackey the coward!

I don't typically delete Tweets, but when I do, I announce that I did so, so as to not confuse the record. What you're thinking or saying happened didn't actually happen. But don't let that color your opinion of me, as I'm sure you will find whatever you'd like to color your narrative.

The fact that people point at THAT instance and THIS instance as things I did wrong is fucking classic, though. I cannot win here, no matter what. Ever. That's why I don't post here. What is the actual point. Just read any CWR thread. Still, while it's fun reading harsh, and mostly wildly incorrect things about me, I figured I'd come correct the record, just this once.

Go back to hating me, as is NeoGAF tradition. I won't interfere further! <3 -Colin

plidex

I don't typically delete Tweets, but when I do, I announce that I did so, so as to not confuse the record. What you're thinking or saying happened didn't actually happen. But don't let that color your opinion of me, as I'm sure you will find whatever you'd like to color your narrative.

The fact that people point at THAT instance and THIS instance as things I did wrong is fucking classic, though. I cannot win here, no matter what. Ever. That's why I don't post here. What is the actual point. Just read any CWR thread. Still, while it's fun reading harsh, and mostly wildly incorrect things about me, I figured I'd come correct the record, just this once.

Go back to hating me, as is NeoGAF tradition. I won't interfere further! <3 -Colin

Colin was finally right. You will never win here. But that doesn't meant we are all haters. Many of us used to love Beyond and KF.

I actually didn't think you kept reading NeoGAF, I guess the need to know what we say about you is too strong.

You don't post here because people called out all the mis-information and hypocritical BS you and kinda Funny were spewing about the pro. Instead of acknowledging the many good points people brought up, you had a hissy fit under the guise "You guys are being mean". Not exactly a professional way to handle legit criticism.

Servbot24

Banned

It seems like you just picked out the most minor and irrelevant criticism in this conversation and responded only to that. This is emblematic of the discourse we're talking about.

Not that I can force you to read and respond to the rest of it of course, just know that it comes from a place of frustration since we appreciate who you are and the content you produce, but wish that it wasn't marred by certain things.

It seems like you just picked out the most minor and irrelevant criticism in this conversation and responded only to that. This is emblematic of the discourse we're talking about.

Not that I can force you to read and respond to the rest of it of course, just know that it comes from a place of frustration since we appreciate who you are and the content you produce, but wish that it wasn't marred by certain things.

He did the same thing before with PS4 Pro...people brought up all kinds of valid criticism after he asked what they said that was incorrect, he ignored it and threw a fit said people were being mean to him. It's what he does. God forbid you listen to valid criticism and just focus on the ones that suit you and take your ball and go home.

Tankard

enhanced-30731-1436527800-1-540x360.jpg

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"

Sail right past all the reasonable discussion, pick one minor inflammatory post and use it to paint the entire community. Meanwhile, you ignore the people who do enjoy your work, but are being put off by this exact behaviour.

Zukkoyaki

Many of us were or are still fans of yours and Kinda Funny and consume a lot of your content. Disagreeing with someone's statements or actions doesn't automatically make one a hater.

Not to say that haters don't exist but dismissing everyone as such removes the potential for the type of proper nuanced discussion you claim to love so much.

Sail right past all the reasonable discussion, pick one minor inflammatory post and use it to paint the entire community. Meanwhile, you ignore the people who do enjoy your work, but are being put off by this exact behaviour.

Yep, seen this before. Neogaf doesn't hate anyone, neogaf is a large community with varying opinions, he always ignores the valid discussion, brings up the one "Mean" post and runs.

Icolin

Banned
Many of us were or are still fans of yours and Kinda Funny and consume a lot of your content. Disagreeing with someone's statements or actions doesn't automatically make one a hater.

Not to say that haters don't exist but dismissing everyone as such removes the potential for the type of proper nuanced discussion you claim to love so much.

Agreed.

I don't hate Colin at all, but this:

is basically the most accurate descriptor of what happened after the PS4 Pro announcement. I wish Colin would just take it easy and engage the criticism. Not everything is an attack.

And I think it would be great if he started posting here regularly again.

Exactly, colin is acting like a child...again.

Karu

This.

But once you are on the receiving end of critiscm, lumping in large group of people and leaving it at that just becomes so deliciously... convenient.

I 100% knew he still read gaf. You gotta wonder why he cares so much to post if all he will do is take his ball and go home when challenged&#129300;&#129300;

Neonep

Yep, seen this before. Neogaf doesn't hate anyone, neogaf is a large community with varying opinions, he always ignores the valid discussion, brings up the one "Mean" post and runs.
It weird though, I go to this thread eveybody shits on Colin, when I go to the Colin was right threads every week, a lot of people shit on Colin. Some is legit criticism but a lot of it is just bashing for one reason or another. Just my observation.

Spman2099

You got that one right, Colin, why don't you address all the shit you get wrong? Oh yeah, because that isn't your style.

At some point you have to realize that there is a reason SO many people are in conflict with you... Here's a hint, it isn't because you are so unbearably charming that we can't contain our jealousy.

Time to run back to your echo chamber I guess.

I mean shit like this is not needed.

? His behaviour has been, I never said anything inaccurate. Ignore all proper discussion, bring up the one inflamatory post, paint an entire community because of it and leave, all the while not even acknowledge the many valid posts/criticism. Does that sound like someone who really wants to engage in sensible discussion?

Zukkoyaki

It weird though, I go to this thread eveybody shits on Colin, when I go to the Colin was right threads every week, a lot of people shit on Colin. Some is legit criticism but a lot of it is just bashing for one reason or another. Just my observation.
I agree with this as well. He does get a LOT of shit and I would have to imagine it can be a little difficult to weed through to find the posts worth addressing. I feel for him there. But perhaps addressing the valid criticism would go a long way toward fixing people's perception of him so the first instinct isn't to just bash him.

But regardless, I know I will continue to watch their content because I quite enjoy it a good portion of the time.

Retronauts is a pretty amazing podcast, you guys should check it out.

Cool to see Colin reply. Too much hate all around in this world I say. People should just chill.

notaxation

Neo Member
You don't post here because people called out all the mis-information and hypocritical BS you and kinda Funny were spewing about the pro. Instead of acknowledging the many good points people brought up, you had a hissy fit under the guise "You guys are being mean". Not exactly a professional way to handle legit criticism.

Wrong, but again, whatever fits your narrative.

What did actually happen, here in the real world, is that I asked people to specifically point out what they are contesting, whether here on GAF, or on Twitter, or on YouTube, so I can get super specific. Literally no one took me up on that. I asked for timestamps, links, whatever, so I could get granular and we could get to the nitty-gritty. I remember it clear as day, because I was in Anaheim, I had a bunch of off-time in between a work-related task, and I was ready and willing to dedicate time to folks' complaints and concerns.

What people did do was ignore that request and continue to pile on me, mostly about shit I never did or said. As an example, the PS4 Pro "we didn't get one" thing was actually Greg, not me, but who the fuck cares, because I'm the easier target. And so I left. What's the point of defending myself to folks who can't even show me what the hell they're so upset about. The burden of proof is on me, to defend myself when I don't even know what the fuck you're mad about? So I can say something else for you to shove down my throat, likely out of context, and, if history is any indication, misquoted or just, frankly, made up.

But again, whatever fits the script. Who cares what's true?

...just know that it comes from a place of frustration since we appreciate who you are and the content you produce...

Really?

I've been called, on this forum, almost undisputed by anyone, since I last posted: alt-right, Nazi, white supremacist, racist, bigot, selfish, arrogant, ignorant, and stupid.

I can feel the love.

So when I pour my heart and soul into something, like I have been with CWR, and I see a 20-page thread devolving into how terrible I am, I can't say I see that appreciation. I'm not saying that you have to appreciate me, like me, or support me, by the way. I'm just telling you that reality isn't syncing up with that particular statement. When I saw that last CWR thread, it was so over-the-top that I actually was laughing. Seriously, watch that video and then read that thread, and then tell me who's wildly out of touch.

You would honest to God think I was the devil. Seriously, dudes. Read some of these threads. I do. As I've proclaimed on shows and on Twitter, I still read this forum every day, and I find many people here to be interesting and valuable.

These are the kind of unnecessary jabs that will serve to distract from the heart of the issue.

No, it's exactly the way most people talk about me here. I'm not even sure exactly what I did to you guys, honestly. All I know is that this is literally the only place on the Internet where this kind of chatter happens. I know, because I look. I want to know what people are saying about me and my content. I want to improve, and to know what I may have gotten right or wrong.

I'm not here to quarrel; I simply wanted to clear up ONE thing, because at some point, I have to stick up for myself in some respect.

I'm sorry you guys don't enjoy KF or PSILY or anything else I or we do. Thankfully, tons of people do; more every day. What I'm really sorry about, though, is that many of you actually believe the terrible things about me that some of you say, read, or propagate. But, that is very much your prerogative. I'll keep on keeping on; I'm sure you all will, too. -Colin

Top Bottom