• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

J-Skee

So I'm pretty convinced bld that I need to own a Vita street listening to that episode. And for some reason, I also want to buy a PlayStation branded jacket. Where can I find a dope ass jacket at?

I don't think they talk about it with a concern over the commercial success of the PS4. I think it's brought up more as a curiosity to see how much the Xbox can close the gap. Especially in the US. From listening to all the KF content I believe Colin has already stated he didn't think the exclusives were going to help a lot.

As already stated...exclusives had nothing to do with closing the gap, Ass creed 329 and 3-4 free games did. That's the point.

So is this podcast just covering PlayStation like they did with Podcast Beyond or will they mix it up with Xbox and Nintendo.

As much as i loved their beyond podcasts, i felt like they needed to mix it up abit.

ClearData

So is this podcast just covering PlayStation like they did with Podcast Beyond or will they mix it up with Xbox and Nintendo.

As much as i loved their beyond podcasts, i felt like they needed to mix it up abit.

Yeah, the title is a dead giveaway. It'll be the spiritual successor to Beyond. They cover all platforms on the Kind of Funny Gamescast and Colin and Greg Live.

So happy Colin and Greg decided to bring this back. I needed a playstation centric podcast and beyond just hasn't been the same since they left.

This was a fantastic first episode. I felt like meeting up with a couple of old friends that i hadn't seen in a while

I don't really listen to many podcasts but Beyond was one I never missed. I haven't really followed Kinda Funny much apart from an odd video here or there, but it was nice to just jump back in with this.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On the TOTS

I was also on the Vita hype train. $250 for the Vita at launch sounded great coming from someone who usually was a Nintendo handheld gamer. Couple that with the $250 launch price for the 3ds and I was like Vita I'm in.

Then the real price hit of the memory cards and extras.

I ended up passing on both handhelds (@$250), and I jumped on the 3ds train with the OOT bundle for $200 for Xmas. Then when games started flowing regularly I grabbed a 16 gig SD card for like $15.

I really feel like the memory card pricing for me personally was the death knell.

Do you follow Kinda Funny or did you just listen to this podcast? If not, their other video game podcast, The Gamescast covers all video game system. Colin and Greg Live, their daily twitch stream that deals mostly with video game news also covers all video game systems. Even the GameOverGreggy Show covers video games at times (but rarely).

The Beyond guys gave a shoutout to PS, I Love You at the end of the latest episode

I finally had the chance to listen to the episode of Beyond... They did not do a "shout-out" in a "nice" way. Honestly, it sounded to me like Max was making a joke at their expense and then ended the podcast as soon as Goldfarb tried to make a positive comment...(but, then again, Max is always cutting the others off to make some joke that he finds to be funny)... As I said, it sounded like Goldfarb tried to give a nice shout-out, but he got cut off.

They were talking about some nonsense about drinking a drink made by a dog bartender when PS, I Love You came up (at 1:10:29):

Max: If you really have a hard time listening to a PlayStation podcast where people talk about, you know, uh, animal wine, then, uh, you know, go check out Greg and company from PS, I Love You.

Marty: [laugh] Greg and Colin. There's only 2 of them.

Max: They started a company!

Goldfarb: Yep, company Moriarty. I only listened to the first half of their show, but I liked it a lot. I'm real proud of them --

Marty: Turns out two things can co-exist. [unintelligible] be real sweet along side each other.

Max: So... on that note, we are all on Twitter. I'm Max Scoville...

Don't know... maybe I'm reading more into Max's "joke" than there was...

killroy87

I finally had the chance to listen to the episode of Beyond... They did not do a "shout-out" in a "nice" way. Honestly, it sounded to me like Max was making a joke at their expense and then ended the podcast as soon as Goldfarb tried to make a positive comment...(but, then again, Max is always cutting the others off to make some joke that he finds to be funny)... As I said, it sounded like Goldfarb tried to give a nice shout-out, but he got cut off.

They were talking about some nonsense about drinking a drink made by a dog bartender when PS, I Love You came up (at 1:10:29):

It did seem a tad disingenuous. On the other hand, if I were the new guy who worked for a company with a long-loved podcast, and was plugging the competing podcast hosted by the two people I'm constantly reminded of being the legendary hosts of mine, I don't think I would be too genuine either.

It could also be a bit of frustration towards people that haven't given them a chance to make Beyond their own thing. To me, he was saying if you want what Beyond was when they hosted, they started up a podcast just for you. It's always a tough thing to follow a legend (or legends in this case). And a lot of people were ragging on Max and crew on Twitter when the new podcast was announced. I would personally find that grating if I were them.

Karu

I could understand Max, if he's pissed at the "fans" (not necessarily the competition) that are constantly bothering them. They took the podcast and made it their own for better or worse. Move on.

Vinc

2 hours and 32 minutes?

Man, I love it. So happy this is back, and it feels like they're just as enthusiastic about it as fans are. It's really great! :D

I think DQ Heroes has a chance to sell reasonable well IMO.

Yeah, I thought they'd atleast mention the three main Japanese exclusive games that'll be on PS4 that will be expanding the variety to go with those big 3rd party partnerships, since they tend to do well on Playstation. Maybe this week with Shu.

Edit: Hell yes, just saw that the new one went up :)

2 hours and 32 minutes?

Man, I love it. So happy this is back, and it feels like they're just as enthusiastic about it as fans are. It's really great! :D

Yeah, two and half hours this should be awesome.
Totally agree.You can just feel the energy as they open.

It is crazy how different this feels from their other Kinda Funny Games material. I like gamescast and their let's plays fine but this is literally like classic Podcast Beyond back again.

I don't even have a PS4 and I love these two dudes

How dare Greg have the audacity to wear that Gravity Daze t-shirt, after giving the first game a measly 7.5 out of 10 and continually fighting to keep it off of IGN's Top 25 Vita Games lists. I oughta tear that article of clothing off of his unworthy body.

Bolivar687

Banned
I think DQ Heroes has a chance to sell reasonable well IMO. I think it can sell 500K worldwide.

I think DragonQuest Builders can be big, too. Especially with the Minecraft crowd.

Yeah, I thought they'd atleast mention the three main Japanese exclusive games that'll be on PS4 that will be expanding the variety to go with those big 3rd party partnerships, since they tend to do well on Playstation. Maybe this week with Shu.

It'll be a tall order for DQH to chart in October but I think it can do decent for itself. The game looks great in motion, they just need to get the eyeballs on it.

It'll be a tall order for DQH to chart in October but I think it can do decent for itself. The game looks great in motion, they just need to get the eyeballs on it.

Yeah, I think it'll do decent, and it looks pretty gorgeous.

Zestiria and Disgaea 5 will probably do decent as well.

Why does Colin say so definitively that Shenmue 3 is not in development yet when we already know for a fact that it is. We even know as much from the same article that they reported their news piece from, but of course they focused on the clickbait title of said article without delving any further. Oh god, this is going to be the new DriveClub. Talking constant smack about a game while simultaneously not knowing what the fuck they're talking about.

still love you colin

Bolivar687

Banned
That's the only qualm I have with Colin, when he speaks authoritatively on issues he might not be 100% informed about, like the extent to which Driveclub didn't work or counting Advanced Warfare among the broken games last holiday.

I do sympathize though that he gets paid to say things all day and you're gonna get some stuff wrong occasionally, which he discussed in the Jim Sterling video.

dugdug

Banned
So glad this is back. Still wish they could have Clements of Goldfarb on regularly, but, I'll take it as it is.

sora87

I do appreciate the rapport Shu and Colin & Greg have, their chats are always very laid back and fun, doesn't really come off as an "interview" so to speak.

The prayer is just funny/ridiculous depending how you view it but it shouldn't put you off watching the rest, there's nothing else like that in the show.

Karu

I skip the prayer. That's creepy and weird as fuck and while that might be intended, the cringe is endless.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Just finished listening to Episode 2 and that interview with Shu was great.

Anything Uncharted 4/Naughty Dog related in this podcast, all I really care about from WWS atm?
They talk about Uncharted 4 and answer a few questions about from fan towards the end.

Colin said it's supposed to be. He said nothing on the potential cringiness though.

I think this is all because he said something along the lines of that he found the whole yelling "Beyond!" thing to be sort of cultish and he wanted to full on crazy to see if people would genuinely take to that prayer and actually remember it.

Karu

Colin said it's supposed to be. He said nothing on the potential cringiness though.
Well, I said "if it was intended or not", because I know he said that. Nonetheless, the cringe is endless. And Shuhei liking it a lot.... well, he is in a fucking prayer, lol.

Shenmue

Banned
I really thought Colin's opinion about Shenmue was really unfair. It hasn't even been long since the KS ended and we haven't even gotten the type of murmurs other KS projects had about development trouble.

I generally find Colin's opinions very fair and well thought out. But not this time.

Wagram

I don't think it's fair to discount an exclusive title because it doesn't sell millions of units. It stills exists, and is there for those in the future if they are interested. Sure, Disgaea 5 doesn't sell millions of units, but when you have 5 titles like Disgaea 5 in a few months that is essentially another big exclusive. 2016 will be absolutely HUGE for PS in particular in terms of releases like this. The library will be insane due to the inherent Japan exclusivity PS4 is receiving.

I don't buy consoles for big titles like Gears or Uncharted. Generally it's the little guys that sell me, and then I buy the big guys that i'm interested in. I know a lot of people like that so the little guys are extremely important and shouldn't be discounted.

Top Bottom