• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

You don't have to publicly hate and shame women before you can be considered sexist or engage in sexist behaviour.

Doubling down when you get called out for behaviour which very well may indeed be sexist and insisting you've done nothing wrong is pretty shitty if you think about it.

Understand that the issue isn't specifically the contents of that one tweet but rather how he conducts himself in the presence of criticism on today of all days.

If you can't see how the tweet is bad, then I don't think any amount of context around it is going to stop you defending Colin so relentlessly.

For me, it boils down to exclusives. Always has. I had the OG Xbox before getting my PS2 and, even though it was more powerful than the PS2, it never really had the games that kept my attention (aside from Halo/KotOR, obviously) like Sony games did. Getting the PS3 and PS4 only made me realize how different of a gamer I am compared to most of my friends (i.e. not a Call of Duty/Madden guy).

I'd have to agree when it comes to the TotS, my console of choice boils down to which exclusives I can play. And the exclusives are typically the only ones I buy anyways. Third party games are becoming less and less interesting to me so I'm really glad to have the PS4 at the ready. That said, I think the Xbox One still has a chance to bring back people (hopefully with E3). I'm really wanting to get an Xbox One S, actually, but only because of the 360 BC and their amazing lineup of exclusives that I missed out on.

Edit: Fuck me, we talking about tweets again...

Haha! This post made me laugh out loud. Not laughing at you, sir -- just the way in which the "on topic" post just randomly appears among a string of "off topic" stuff, then the edit.

Oh man, that's tickled me.

Oh boy. This thread...

Can someone please send me a private message when this thread goes back to discussing the actual show PS I Love You XOXO and not his Twitter feed?

Oh boy. This thread...

Can someone please send me a private message when this thread goes back to discussing the actual show PS I Love You XOXO and not his Twitter feed?

It's hard to separate the two at times, when the latest episode had him spending 10 minutes explaining that we don't need to defend inequality because those groups can defend themselves

I don't want to be that guy but why does this thread always have to devolve into arguing about what Colin did on Twitter or him not being on the same side as people politically. There's a KF Community thread where it seems more appropriate. I come to talk about this podcast, not about what stupid thing he said on social media.

I get taking someone to task if you feel they deserve it but it constantly derails this thread and has nothing to do with the show.

Saying something is sexist in no way diminishes other, more dangerous examples of sexism.

That's complete nonsense.
Sometimes there's merit to the outrage, sometimes there's not. Sometimes complaining so much about one thing many think is minor lessens the impact from complaining about something else in the future because "outrage culture."

It's not complete nonsense. It's reality to how some people view things, especially if the pitchforks are raised over every little thing while not being raised elsewhere. Now, you could argue those people should look at each case individually and determine without casting an umbrella over all complaints, but that's not the point/reality here for how people are.

Morts

So much for the tolerant Left.

It's not like (most) people in this thread are ganging up on Colin because he has different opinions on some issues, it's because how dismissive he is of other people's views and in this particular instance, his choice to be kind of a dick.

It isn't a joke if the reaction you're trying to provoke isn't humor.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Snipped from the Horizon discussion on the latest podcast, where Greg and Colin talk about their own content and people's reactions to it and why it seems unlikely that Colin will apologize or walk back on the tweet.

Seems rather relevant to the current discussion.

It's crazy to see how out of proportion this whole thing has been blown. Did someone bring up nazis, lol?

Didn't Colin post nazi imagery or something on his Twitter recently?

5 pages on a tweet by Colin? You guys should really open an "I hate Colin" thread for discussing all things Colin-Hate related and keep this thread for discussing the actual show the thread is named after.

Exactly!

He made a joke that offends some people (it doesn't take much to offend people these days) and people get overly outraged because it's Colin. Keep discussion about the show and what has been discussed on the show.

meanspartan

I don't follow any of the Kinda Funny stuff these days but Dave Lang just now retweeted Colin's joke.

2Dolig9.jpg

What a dipshit.

As an (often critical) fan of his, not the best look.

Yes, it's a joke, and I know he isn't actually some raging sexist.

But trolling from someone who berates the "PC Left" to be "better" is a little hard to stomach.

A topic on the show was outrage and he made a poor argument against why people should not be outraged at anything while being outraged himself.

His tweet is very timely because it is relevant to the podcast where he devoted time to discuss the Native American article and extrapolated his argument towards that to a larger one that says people should not be offended at all. You can hear Greg continue to try to push back on Colin by explaining that the article was not popular but Colin did not pick up on this and continued his rant. This section within the podcast goes hand in hand with his tweet of claiming people are manufacturing outrage while being outraged himself.

The thread can shift directions to another conversation at anytime but the belief that this is not related to the podcast is false. Anyone that argues otherwise obviously did not listen to this week's podcast.

pelican

As an (often critical) fan of his, not the best look.

Yes, it's a joke, and I know he isn't actually some raging sexist.

But trolling from someone who berates the "PC Left" to be "better" is a little hard to stomach.

Oh come on.

Have you never joked about getting some peace and quiet when your gf/wife is away out?

It is a joke, and one which is made by the opposite sex when I'm not about.

meanspartan

Oh come on.

Have you never joked about getting some peace and quiet when your gf/wife is away out?

It is a joke, and one which is made by the opposite sex when I'm not about.

I'm not saying I am outraged, it was just in poor taste when everyone else is using the hashtag to actually praise women's day.

I can't imagine the other Kinda Funny guys love stuff like this happening, even if in public they say they are behind him speaking his mind openly always (as they should).

I like Colin because he challenges my left-leaning ideas and infuriates me from time to time. And ya, the humor is great too. But this just wasn't his best moment. It just made me cringe a little. The gaming personalities now calling him out and unfollowing is a new thing...I'm sure he will blame it on the liberalism of gaming media and all, but I dunno...Kinda seems he is doing it to himself.

Lashley

Any other day the tweet would be fine (well, not fine), it's because he's posted it today of all days

Seems like there's some bad blood between Justin Davis, Colin, and his girlfriend. Also Erin threw some shade at Tim's tweet. Colin could've avoided this by not trolling but nooooo.

meanspartan

I guess KF fans need to just make a choice-

1. Stop giving money on patreon and consuming their content.

2. Continue to embrace Colin

3. Separate Colin the person from the quality content he makes. (This isn't difficult. People do it every day with popular actors who are dicks, as an example)

I am between #2 and #3 lol. Continuing to complain and feed his occasional trollish tendencies doesn't seem to be getting anywhere though.

I guess KF fans need to just make a choice-

1. Stop giving money on patreon and consuming their content.

2. Continue to embrace Colin

3. Separate Colin the person from the quality content he makes. (This isn't difficult. People do it every day with popular actors who are dicks, as an example)

I am between #2 and #3 lol. Continuing to complain and feed his occasional trollish tendencies doesn't seem to be getting anywhere though.

I'm the kind of person that would absolutely be down with #3, but that's not exactly the kind of content Colin makes. It's not like he's an unbiased journalist, and even the stuff he has done as journalism with KF was a part of a show called "Colin Was Right" and is bumped up next to his opinion and personality. There's no separating the person from the content when the person IS the content 95% of the time. Unless he gets more into the journalistic approach.

meanspartan

I'm the kind of person that would absolutely be down with #3, but that's not exactly the kind of content Colin makes. It's not like he's an unbiased journalist, and even the stuff he has done as journalism with KF was a part of a show called "Colin Was Right" and is bumped up next to his opinion and personality. There's no separating the person from the content when the person IS the content 95% of the time. Unless he gets more into the journalistic approach.

It's certainly less simple than the actor example I used, I admit. An actor is literally pretending to be someone else, so it is easy to divide the actor as a person from the work.

However, what makes Colin entertaining and informative (to me), are the same outspoken qualities that occasionally make him infuriating. I can briefly cringe when he does something like this but then look past it. If others can't, that is totally understandable, and they are free to stop supporting Kinda Funny.

Lashley

Ouf. That is no big deal yet, but easily could get ugly haha.

But then again I don't pretend to know their relationship, maybe she is just teasing Tim a bit and he'll laugh it off. We don't actually know these people.

Very true, from the outside looking in though, it looks like their airing their dirty laundry in public

Top Bottom