• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Boke1879

Good response from Greg, but extra telling about Colin's character that he can't just own up and apologize himself. I bet anything Colin still refuses to believe he did anything wrong.

I'll wait and see if he does a video or something. But I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't think he did anything wrong and people are just upright.

He wanted the controversy though, that was the whole point.

I wasn't denying that. (in that post)

Though I'm sure he thought the joke was funny and more just didn't care that It'd cause controversy. I don't think he woke up, thought "I want controversy today!", and conjured up something that would do just that for the sake of it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Had long thought Colin was this lingering toxin that was going to come back to bite KF at some point and today was that day. He's the sole reason I haven't watched any KF content in a long time.

Greg's apology still has hints of "it was just a joke thoughhhhh" to it, but it does chastise Colin like a naughty child at the end and demonstrate how pissed off other members of KF are with him. No doubt he'll take that on the chin publicly but I bet it's going to rot away at home and we'll be right back at Defcon Shit in no time once a little humility phase wears off and he lashes out again.

I wasn't denying that. (in that post)

Though I'm sure he thought the joke was funny and more just didn't care that It'd cause controversy. I don't think he woke up, thought "I want controversy today!", and conjured up something that would do just that for the sake of it.

The reply and the retweet afterwards didn't help though.

Ellite25

I'd hope he has one coming as well.
I'd be surprised if there was. According to Colin this would be "free speech" and he thinks the people upset are just whiny leftists. I doubt he even has any remorse based on things he's said and done before. I also highly doubt not going to PAX East has anything to do with not wanting to be a distraction, he's probably just upset others in KF had issue with this. When Colin gets called out on twitter he becomes childish, attacking people and calling them names, he never takes responsibility for anything. In fact he called people humorless sacks of shit today for not being happy with his joke.

Alucrid

Banned
Had long thought Colin was this lingering toxin that was going to come back to bite KF at some point and today was that day. He's the sole reason I haven't watched any KF content in a long time.

Greg's apology still has hints of "it was just a joke thoughhhhh" to it, but it does chastise Colin like a naughty child at the end and demonstrate how pissed off other members of KF are with him. No doubt he'll take that on the chin publicly but I bet it's going to rot away at home and we'll be right back at Defcon Shit in no time once a little humility phase wears off and he lashes out again.

yeah, time will tell i guess. the pax east thing looks like it's going to be a rallying point for his fans though as some sort of unjust "punishment"

Bahorel

Greg's response is much appreciated. I'm just so sad for them that they are anchored down by Colin. I would still listen to the podcast if it wasn't for him, and it's clear he's losing them business everytime he does this kind of thing. If Colin does end up leaving I will happily get back on board.

Archtreyz

I'm sure the guys told him to just lay low for a bit. I think it's all just a mixed bag of reactions. I mean, anyone who's listened to his podcasts and his dozens of impassioned pleas about racism and sexism on the GameOverGreggy show know he isn't any of those things, but he's just really aggressive on Twitter. I'm sure he's a nice guy in real life, but he's just perpetuating bad vibes there.

Boke1879

Really curious to see if Colin learns from this especially when Greg said outright it was not OK.

It's a great statement and I don't doubt Greg is genuine enough, but this is PR. At the end of the day these guys are business partners at the least and acquaintances/friends at the most.

At the very least for now Colin will be a bit more mindful of what he says and does on twitter/video.

Jmille99

Very well written statement from Greg. Sad it wouldnt come from Colin (no surprise there), but at least its addressed. But I wonder if it came about because of others in the industry finally commenting on it, or if it really was the community. Since it wasnt the first time the latter had a problem with what he has said, Im leaning toward the former.

And this not going to PAX thing almost feels like Colin tucking his tail and running. For a man who has commented about "saying stuff to his face", its humorous that he would drop out from giving people the opportunity to do just that. Best case scenario is some self reflection. Guess we will see.

Greg's response is good. The only reply that Colin has made is calling people humourless, which is telling.

I've tried to actively avoid this guy because I disagree with so much of what he says and how he presents his arguments, but he can be so aggressively shitty that it's hard to do

Bulby

Ill come around to this after reading Gregg's statement. Ill agree that twitter, given its format, was not the right place, nor was it the right time to make this joke.

I wonder if this joke was made on the morning show, as just a stupid off the cuff comment, which I genuinely it to be, would it have garnered as much attention.

Gregg brings up the Kevin's Grandfather re occurring joke, which is probably waaaay more offensive, but given the context and the obvious light hearted nature it doesnt offend anyone.

AmuroChan

Wow this mature, well thought out response speaks volumes about Greg. My respect for him just went up tenfold. If only Colin could've been the one to deliver this.

People wanted to hear from Greg because he's been silent and he's also Colin's best friend. If this was Colin's response instead, most of his detractors will just dismiss it as insincere and still hate him. Greg posting this has a much bigger impact on the community.

fritzo

If anything he should be publicy apologizing to the KF team who didn't like his joke. Not everyone on Twitter will get his humor and Colin knows that, but his friends do and some were offended. He's a decent guy still. Good on Greg and all for not letting this linger.

Considering Colin retweeted someone mocking people upset at the tweet, I don't think Colin's going to be apologizing.

HBW2fzE.png

Which is fine. To hell with that guy. It's nice every once in a while for a shitty person to show up, say "hey I'm a shitty person" and make it nice and easy for me to cross them off my list of potentially decent people.

Icolin

Banned
Considering Colin retweeted someone mocking people upset at the tweet, I don't think Colin's going to be apologizing.

HBW2fzE.png

Which is fine. To hell with that guy. It's nice every once in a while for a shitty person to show up, say "hey I'm a shitty person" and make it nice and easy for me to cross them off my list of potentially decent people.

Quite a bit of time's passed (relatively speaking) since that, and KF have probably had the conversation after that, so things might've changed.

Bacon

Ill come around to this after reading Gregg's statement. Ill agree that twitter, given its format, was not the right place, nor was it the right time to make this joke.

I wonder if this joke was made on the morning show, as just a stupid off the cuff comment, which I genuinely it to be, would it have garnered as much attention.

Gregg brings up the Kevin's Grandfather re occurring joke, which is probably waaaay more offensive, but given the context and the obvious light hearted nature it doesnt offend anyone.

No it wouldn't have garnered this much attention, obviously. A podcast or morning show are people talking off the cuff specifically to people who seek them out. Colin has 143 thousand followers on twitter and deliberately made this tweet on a day celebrating women. So context is very much one of the reasons that this has gotten as much attention as it has.

Alucrid

Banned
People wanted to hear from Greg because he's been silent and he's also Colin's best friend. If this was Colin's response instead, most of his detractors will just dismiss it as insincere and still hate him. Greg posting this has a much bigger impact on the community.

not really considering that it would have been, as far as i'm aware, the first time he's done so. i imagine colin issuing an apology would also take care of another problem, his twitter fans who think this is unfair and overblown.

AmuroChan

This was before the guys talked to him. Let's give him until tomorrow and see if he says anything. He also just canceled his trip to PAX. So I imagine that he now at least understands the severity of his tweet.

Good statements from them. He'll probably just lay low for a few days and let the outrage blow over. I don't see him ever making an exit from KF though. In all honesty their content would be unbelievably boring if he wasn't there, he adds a lot.

Greg saying this instead of Colin is really disappointing. But in my opinion, this just follows the pattern we've seen so many times recently from him/them and makes this rather hollow.

Colin says something "edgy" or just outright shitty---->He gets "called out" on twitter/gaf/wherever-----> he then double downs on what he said and then acts like a victim and disappears. Usually this is when Greg comes in and says some "nice" words and Colin doesn't actually say anything at all. Rinse and repeat.

Having someone speak for Colin and then him avoiding the public after this is 100% his doing is just weak. I don't really see the point of "apologizing" to the public on his behalf if he isn't really sorry/this is common behavior for him.

AmuroChan

not really considering that it would have been, as far as i'm aware, the first time he's done so. i imagine colin issuing an apology would also take care of another problem, his twitter fans who think this is unfair and overblown.

Maybe? I just don't know if his haters care whether this is the first time or the 50th time. Your second point I can see as more likely.

Boke1879

Does it though? The stain is still there, and like I said. This is pretty much to PR. I don't doubt some were upset, but just look and Colin's twitter. He's not truly sorry or feel he did anything wrong. That's the issue many have with Colin.

I don't agree with him on anything politically, but you know what. That's his opinion and that's fine. The issue comes into play when he makes a "joke" like this and his only reaction is to be aggressive and tell you you're wrong because you don't have humor.

IMO this statement while it sounds good means very little when they'll all be sitting together on whatever podcast or panel they do. Knowing he doesn't feel he did anything wrong and worse yet he feels as though you're wrong because "you're making a big deal about it."

Greg saying this instead of Colin is really disappointing. But in my opinion, this just follows the pattern we've seen so many times recently from him/them and makes this rather hollow.

Colin says something "edgy" or just outright shitty---->He gets "called out" on twitter/gaf/wherever-----> he then double downs on what he said and then acts like a victim and disappears. Usually this is when Greg comes in and says some "nice" words and Colin doesn't actually say anything at all. Rinse and repeat.

Having someone speak for Colin and then him avoiding the public after this is 100% his doing is just weak. I don't really see the point of "apologizing" to the public on his behalf if he isn't really sorry/this is common behavior for him.
What's an example of this course of events specifically happening before? Genuinely asking

joshcam19

One thing that is funny is that he says all the time he hates going to events because of his anxiety. So canceling PAX almost feels like a reward for bad behavior.

Bgamer90

Banned
Solid apology. I respect Greg but Colin to me is the complete opposite of him. I had a feeling that things would get to this point eventually.

To go from praising Horizon's diversity to saying this on International Women's Day. Simply clueless.

Demoskinos

Greg's response is a let down and frankly toothless. Its a lot of "he was misinterpreted" "hes a good dude trust me" ect.. ect...

Also the fact that Colin says this shit and its Greg that has to speak up and address it speaks volumes. They are both co-founders. Colin should be the one to step up. This is nothing more than a blasé attempt at brand damage control.

One thing that is funny is that he says all the time he hates going to events because of his anxiety. So canceling PAX almost feels like a reward for bad behavior.
While I'm not going to assume this is how Colin thinks about it, yeah, the irony is there and kinda funny. Well, not that that funny.

Bgamer90

Banned
Also the fact that Colin says this shit and its Greg that has to speak up and address it speaks volumes. They are both co-founders. Colin should be the one to step up. This is nothing more than a blasé attempt at brand damage control.

I felt the apology was solid but this is a good point.

Boke1879

Quite a bit of time's passed (relatively speaking) since that, and KF have probably had the conversation after that, so things might've changed.

He'll just be more aware of what he says publicly. That's all. From that Retweet to whatever the KF talked to him about. It hasn't changed his mind at all.

AmuroChan

Does it though? The stain is still there, and like I said. This is pretty much to PR. I don't doubt some were upset, but just look and Colin's twitter. He's not truly sorry or feel he did anything wrong. That's the issue many have with Colin.

I don't agree with him on anything politically, but you know what. That's his opinion and that's fine. The issue comes into play when he makes a "joke" like this and his only reaction is to be aggressive and tell you you're wrong because you don't have humor.

IMO this statement while it sounds good means very little when they'll all be sitting together on whatever podcast or panel they do. Knowing he doesn't feel he did anything wrong and worse yet he feels as though you're wrong because "you're making a big deal about it."

The stain's there no matter what no? Let's say he delivered the apology instead, is anybody who took real issue with his tweet going to be like "apology accepted, I'm back on board with KF"? Perhaps I'm just cynical, but I just feel that his apology would ring hollow to 99% of his detractors. They don't want an apology, they want him to face consequences. If Greg came out and said Colin is suspended without pay for a month, that would mean a lot more to people IMO.

Bulby

He'll just be more aware of what he says publicly. That's all. From that Retweet to whatever the KF talked to him about. It hasn't changed his mind at all.

No I doubt it has changed him at all and I really wouldnt want it.

As I said before, the context of the tweet is shit. The joke itself made on the morning show and I doubt anyone would have given a fuck.

hawk2025

The stain's there no matter what no? Let's say he delivered the apology instead, is anybody who took real issue with his tweet going to be like "apology accepted, I'm back on board with KF"? Perhaps I'm just cynical, but I just feel that his apology would ring hollow to 99% of his detractors. They don't want an apology, they want him to face consequences. If Greg came out and said Colin is suspended without pay for a month, that would mean a lot more to people IMO.

You are just hand-wringling with no evidence at this point.

Yes, a proper apology, that shows a modicum of self-analysis and understanding of why it wasn't well-received, would matter.

You put all of this on other people as if there's nothing he could do -- as if there is this mass of people you call "haters" that are just inherently against everything he says.

This is self-evidently NOT true -- or else why would the reactions be particularly negative when he's posting shitty sexist tweets?

Top Bottom