• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

It's called the Moultrie Flag and it originates from the Revolutionary War. It's widely interpreted as a symbol for freedom/liberty. Him posting it is a fancy way of saying that he isn't sorry, is doubling down and trying to play the victim/martyr. Personally, I also view posting something as obscure as the Moultrie Flag is basically going, "Look at me I'm so smart because I know what this is!"

I'm actually born and raised in Charleston and didn't recognize that flag other than the moon from the state flag.

insanexer

Colin needs to look at his personal following and look in the mirror. Your audience is somewhat a reflection of who you are. Based on his tweets in the last few months, he seems to be perfectly fine with that though.

Posts like this prove my point. People hate conservatives on here. We just saw a post where all GOP supporters are labeled as "assholes" and KF "needs to scrub their followers" like there is some sort of disease. Point proven. Opinions are only rational and right when they coincide with the consensus liberal belief. If you do not agree, you are labeled as an asshole, a disease and you need to be boycotted/avoided at all costs.

tuxfool

Banned
Posts like this prove my point. People hate conservatives on here. We just saw a post where all GOP supporters are labeled as "assholes" and KF "needs to scrub their followers" like there is some sort of disease. Point proven. Opinions are only rational and right when they coincide with the consensus liberal belief. If you do not agree, you are labeled as an asshole, a disease and you need to be boycotted/avoided at all costs.
They're certainly reflective of diseased thinking, Mr junior victim.

insanexer

Bottom Line: I enjoy KF and Colin is the best part about them IMO. Takes courage to say your beliefs especially when the overwhelming majority in the gaming community do not share them.

meanspartan

Jesus you guys have a persecution complex. Its not about hating conservatives, Colin has plenty of liberal fans, me included. It's about hating assholery. If Colin made posts talking about Health Care reform, nobody would give a shit. Instead, he made a baiting post with a lame joke. There isn't anything "conservative" about that, unless you think so little of your own politics that making shitty moderately sexist jokes is the epitome of conservatism for you.

tuxfool

Banned
Jesus you guys have a persecution complex. Its not about hating conservatives, Colin has plenty of liberal fans, me included. It's about hating assholery. If Colin made posts talking about Health Care reform, nobody would give a shit. Instead, he made a baiting post with a lame joke. There isn't anything "conservative" about that, unless you think so little of your own politics that making shitty moderately sexist jokes is the epitome of conservatism for you.
Frankly a lot of conservatives have enshrined assholery as a principle. It seems to be one of their pillars, all other principles bend to it hence the widespread hypocrisy of their many shifting stances.

Bolivar687

Banned
Bottom Line: I enjoy KF and Colin is the best part about them IMO. Takes courage to say your beliefs especially when the overwhelming majority in the gaming community do not share them.

Here's a little bit of GAF advice - mods won't necesarily ban you for unpopular opinions but once you start responding to everyone, they will notice and take corrective measures if you're disrupting the conversation. Try to be aware of when you're filling each page with a disproportionate amount of posts.

Basically, these guys in here are trying to bait you into getting banned. Permanently, which is why they're taking such an interest in your Junior status.

I'm sorry, but this is so short sighted. The status quo has been "mans dominance" for since the dawn of humanity. It doesn't take courage to keep pushing that horse shit. Courage is standing up for a disenfranchised, neglected or abused group or minority, not mocking and ridiculing them on a day meant to celebrate their contributions. And if that's his or his fans "beliefs" then they can fuck all the way off, every last mouth breathing one of em'.

Neonep

That is a joke that has been around forever. It has been in TV shows, music, movies, etc for as long as I can remember. I honestly don't see the problem. Everybody is so sensitive nowadays.

Servbot24

Banned
That is a joke that has been around forever. It has been in TV shows, music, movies, etc for as long as I can remember. I honestly don't see the problem. Everybody is so sensitive nowadays.

For the bazillionth time: the joke on its own is not the issue.

alemmon

Just because its been around forever doesn't mean its okay.

insanexer

I don't agree with that. He adds a lot and he is very knowledgeable, I love listening to him most of the time. However, I imagine his growing conservative martyr complex and twitter baiting is becoming a liability.

But, would you agree that the majority of the gaming community at large identifies with the liberal viewpoint?

It's not being a martyr is he comes under attack for having the opposite viewpoint. He doesn't fee like he needs to apologize and IMO he is justified feeling that way.

But, would you agree that the majority of the gaming community at large identifies with the liberal viewpoint?

It's not being a martyr is he comes under attack for having the opposite viewpoint. He doesn't fee like he needs to apologize and IMO he is justified feeling that way.

People keep using the 'opposite viewpoint' argument but never say exactly what that is, which is why they get attacked because it is usually a defence shield for saying shitty things.

What is something that liberals promote that there are valid opposing views of? I ask this often and never receive an answer.

Calderc

Thread is now just

'What was so wrong with the tweet? Outrage culture! Rabblerabblerabble!'

*People explain in well reasoned and articulate fashion what was wrong with the tweet and how it is just one piece of the Colin Moriarty disappearing up his own ass puzzle*

Leading to more

'What was so wrong with the tweet? Mah free speech! Took our jerbs!'

When did South Park become real life?

Servbot24

Banned
Than what is the issue?

The context of a business owner intentionally choosing a day on which we are trying to uplift a historically oppressed group of people as the day he is going to make disparaging jokes about those people in a transparent bid to make "SJW" people respond so he can make fun of them, which he promptly did by calling them "sacks of shit".

Than what is the issue?

-The pattern of instigative behavior
-Near harmless jokes become a lot less harmless when sent to tens of thousands of people
-His industry was taking the day to praise women, he goes for this
-current political climate where we need to back the underprivileged more than ever
-His joke sucked ass
-Following up by calling anyone that disliked it 'humorless sacks of shit'
-Incredible arrogance in generalizing all people disagreeing with him as wrong
-Almost immediately undoing Greg's damage control by posting a flag to try and make himself seem like a champion of free speech and a victim
-encouraging a toxic community which is almost in direct opposition to his organization's mission statement

meanspartan

Yes, but again, you are equating a shitty tasteless joke as the height of political discussion. He isn't being shit on because of his politics. He is being shit on because he said a tasteless joke, then doubled down on it and made it worse, then tweeted a liberty flag as if he is some fucking freedom fighter. It is pathetic.

Neonep

The context of a business owner intentionally choosing a day on which we are trying to uplift a historically oppressed group of people as the day he is going to make disparaging jokes about those people in a transparent bid to make "SJW" people respond so he can make fun of them, which he promptly did by calling them "sacks of shit".
As he should. If you don't like an apparent joke ok, that is fine. It's another thing to get out of your way to go directly to him and reply by calling him a sack of shit. Again, people are too sensitive these days.

Why is it that every single time someone comes to defend others by playing the victim card for those poor people with alternative opinions (pun intended) its always when the original complaint was about someone coming out with ill informed, tone deaf and often straight up discriminatory comments?

The supposed problem of 'outrage culture' actually is never about someone simply thinking differently like how best to cook a chicken or some other small thing as people like you try to insist but instead its about when people come out with comments like 'why can't I make sexist and racist jokes? It's political correctness gone mad'.

'this is a liberal echo chamber ' is the young persons 'back in my day. .. '

Calderc

As he should. If you don't like an apparent joke ok, that is fine. It's another thing to get out of your way to go directly to him and reply by calling him a sack of shit. Again, people are too sensitive these days.

What? He called *them* sacks of shit.

Top Bottom