• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

The hypocrisy of him calling out Bob as a coward for not coming to debate him but then pulling out of PAX is hilarious. Colin always preaches about how nobody would say shit to his face. How can anyone say anything to your face when you're hiding in your apartment and taking potshots at the guys you work with on Twitter? It's the definition of being a coward.

I mean I get the impression that he was asked not to go.

Jmille99

I have never understood this notion that Colin is some kind of genius when it comes to knowing things about video games. Does playing Mega Man a lot when you were a child and occasionally...make you knowledgeable?

You say that, but I swear it was just a couple weeks or months ago a similar thing was uttered from his lips. I cant recall what they were talking about, but I do believe that because he played games like Mega Man he was either a better gamer, a bigger gamer, or a more knowledgeable one according to him.

I mean I get the impression that he was asked not to go.

How do you get that impression? In Greg's statement it literally says that AGAINST HIS WISHES Colin has decided not to go. It sounds like Greg 100 per cent wanted Colin to suck it up and face the music, but Colin has decided he'll stay home and sit high and mighty on his throne.

Icolin

Banned
How do you get that impression? In Greg's statement it literally says that AGAINST HIS WISHES Colin has decided not to go. It sounds like Greg 100 per cent wanted Colin to suck it up and face the music, but Colin has decided he'll stay home and sit high and mighty on his throne.
Greg wanted him to go, as he said in the statement, but that doesn't mean Tim, Nick or Kevin wanted him to come.

decisions

The hypocrisy of him calling out Bob as a coward for not coming to debate him but then pulling out of PAX is hilarious. Colin always preaches about how nobody would say shit to his face. How can anyone say anything to your face when you're hiding in your apartment and taking potshots at the guys you work with on Twitter? It's the definition of being a coward.

To be fair, Colin did not call Bob a coward for refusing the debate. Quite the opposite actually, in that Colin called Bob a coward for not refusing the debate and instead deciding to subtweet and gossip about him on Twitter like a high school kid - as you can see in this thread: https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/828385580811575296

Sorry to fact check but we should at least be discussing the appropriateness of the things Colin has actually done, no?

EDIT: Also the the post above me, Greg's apology says that his decisions to not go to PAX was in "deference" to the rest of the company's founders' wishes. Whether or not that is really true though, I speculate about...

hawk2025

To be fair, Colin did not call Bob a coward for refusing the debate. Quite the opposite actually, in that Colin called Bob a coward for not refusing the debate and instead deciding to subtweet and gossip about him on Twitter like a high school kid - as you can see in this thread: https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/828385580811575296

Sorry to fact check but we should at least be discussing the appropriateness of the things Colin has actually done, no?

Was...

Was that twiiter thread meant to show Colin in a good light?

"Someone will care, [about you] one day".

He's acting like a middle schooler.

That's not fact checking. Bob had an issue with a public figure and the public figure immediately challenged him to a debate (??????) and when he said not to he was called a coward

It's not subtweeting if you're directly quoting the person

Like publically and aggressively challenging someone to a debate and then accusing them of not having balls when they don't immediately reply to your insane request is inappropriate. In trying to defend him you've just exposed further how much of a shitty idiot he is

Anticol

Banned

Neptonic

It was always going to lead to this

I gotta give Colin props, he is invited to be on the Glenn Beck's radio show for "triggering" all the liberals. Maybe I should start doing that on twitter, it would really boost my follower count.
Glenn Beck isn't the worst tho. He has moments of good conscience.

decisions

That's not fact checking. Bob had an issue with a public figure and the public figure immediately challenged him to a debate (??????) and when he said not to he was called a coward

It's not subtweeting if you're directly quoting the person

Like publically and aggressively challenging someone to a debate and then accusing them of not having balls when they don't immediately reply to your insane request is inappropriate. In trying to defend him you've just exposed further how much of a shitty idiot he is

That thread was meant to show why Colin told Servo to "grow a pair of balls". In the same tweet he says that in, he also says that Servo was "tweeting and ignoring this". I cannot easily find those tweets because they are subtweets by Servo.

Also how did he "aggressively" challenge him to a debate? The challenge was respectful IMO, regardless of what you think about what he said after Servo refused to answer him.

Yeah Im pretty sure he did it so not to be distraction for the rest of his crew at Pax, because that is the right thing to do.

But yeah, sure he is a coward.

Zukkoyaki

Can someone fill me in on who exactly Glenn Beck is?
Long story short he was/is an extremely influential far-right political/social commentator. His controversial and inflammatory statements and works are widely believed to have played a pretty significant role in the rise of the alt-right and he's recognized as one of the earliest influencers of the movement. Over the past couple of years he's reigned himself in quite a bit though. It's possible he realized that he helped form a dangerous movement.

hawk2025

Ironically, Glenn Beck got a hell of a lot of flack from deplorables for calling out Milo for what he was way before other conservatives.

This will be interesting!

meanspartan

Some of the defenders need to take a good look at this. This is what Colin attracts. Thee are the people he speaks too and for.

Glenn Beck has shitty politics but he is hardly some awful human being.

Further, most people defending Colin's trollish behavior yesterday aren't going to be bothered by Glenn Beck. They probably are already for those viewpoints.

Jmille99

0DCCB008-46FA-42D7-82E3-024FA65FD50B.gif

D i Z

Glenn Beck has shitty politics but he is hardly some awful human being.

Further, most people defending Colin's trollish behavior yesterday aren't going to be bothered by Glenn Beck. They probably are already for those viewpoints.

From my perspective, you're out of your freaking mind. But then again, Glens been gunning for my people for long enough for me to know better.

To the second point, that is the root of the problem, now isn't it? That's why I directed my comment to them specifically.

Jmille99

I'm having trouble parsing what he's saying.

He basically says he understands why someone would be upset about Colin's trolling behavior and if they unsub its fine because they want peoole to have that option if they so choose and strive for their community to do that if necessary

Top Bottom