• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Colin, you dare suggest that the console ownership pew survey is inflated by moms buying consoles for their children? Sexist pig!

/s

Vlitra

Banned
Anyone else listen to this podcast on stitcher? It has been slow with the updates for PSILY lately. It just added last week's episode a couple of days ago.

I'll play my obscure vita games, but it's not just the casual gamers who live NBA. Those games are great, and their story modes are basically basketball JRPGs. It's part of what got me into the sport.

Excited for the people who get to see the podcast live at PSX and I'm looking forward to Shu being with the boys again. But, I swear to GOD, if this isn't the great Colin, Greg, and Ryan reunion, I'm going to lose my shit and probably blow up the moon. You've all been warned!!

Barrylad

Neo Member
I'm a few weeks behind but I just have to say that Colin's rundown of all of Sony's studios, and what they're working on currently, was excellent. The type of thorough and meticulous work you wont get on a lot of other shows, but you almost expect from him at this stage.

As I expected, this show is bringing the goods.

Also what are they talking about with Deus Ex:HR controls? I don't remember having any problems with them, thought the game was great.

I thought the game was amazing. One of my unexpected favorite games of last gen and one of my favorites of all time.

But the controls did suck, and took a lot of getting used to for me. I couldn't tell you exactly what it was about it now. I've played through the game 6 or 7 times at this point and can't remember what my exact issue was when I first played. It's just a lot different than what I was normally used to with FPSes. That was part of the reason it took me like 4 different attempts over the span of 8 months or so to actually finally get into it.

jmaine_ph

What do you know Colin and Greg? What I would do to be a fly on the wall in the video game industry! Changing PSN ID's is happening isn't it?

Eidjinn

Man, It's the best podcast about gaming right now.

Also, in Deus Ex I got punished by a super fast samurai (that I don't remember the name) that arrives by train I guess. I gave up that game exactly because of the clunky controls. And I really wanted to like this game.

YukihiraSouma

Neo Member
What heinous gaming secrets do you hide Colin and Greg?! Let there be light!

Also, their response to the user question do they change their sets for this show cracked me up. Greg's expression just then..lol

Sinthor

Gold Member
This news pleases me. Beyond hasn't been the same since they left, and I need a regular PlayStation podcast in my life in addition to the PS Blogcast.

I echo this. The new guys have a tough act to follow...just about impossible. It's good, but not the same, of course. Yeah, Greg could be a little TOO much at times, but it's all in good fun. I'm glad they're back!

meanspartan

Read on the FB group that Colin hasnt been feeling too great, so it was awesome to catch the subtle ways Greg was trying to cheer him up, to some seeming success. We should all be so lucky to have friends that good.

Great episode overall. Wish they wouldn't mind saying "Beyond!", I miss it. I know it's not their thing anymore but if prompted to by fan mail they totally should every once in a while for old time's sake :)

GametimeUK

I disagree with everything Greg says and his whole logic regarding pretty much everything, but he is such a likeable guy. Great podcast. Filling the void left behind from Beyond.

sora87

Greg is such a committed motherfucker, doing a 24 hour extra life stream, having just one day of rest then back up at 4:30am to stream Fallout 4 for like 8 hours. I very much appreciated the streaming setup they had in the living room, looked very cosy :p

They need to have a new slogan. Maybe every time Playstation is stated, the other yells I love you right back. The trolling would be glorious if this happened at events like PSX, since it would be done every minute -_-

I haven't noticed it until now, but Colin has stopped doing the prayer every episode.. Which considering it was tedious outside of the first time I'm super pleased about.

I'm loving having a proper beyond type podcast back.

phen0m24

So glad these two are back at it. Beyond became an unlistenable mess.

The structure is there, the jokes are there baker's dozen yeah yeah but still so glad they're back.

Mezoly

So glad these two are back at it. Beyond became an unlistenable mess.

The structure is there, the jokes are there baker's dozen yeah yeah but still so glad they're back.
I was about to listen to today's beyond and saw in the contents that they will have a rise of the Tomb Raider discussion. Last time I listened they had a lengthy discussion about Halo 5. Do these guys realize that Beyond is a Playstation podcast?

I was about to listen to today's beyond and saw in the contents that they will have a rise of the Tomb Raider discussion. Last time I listened they had a lengthy discussion about Halo 5. Do these guys realize that Beyond is a Playstation podcast?

Does it really matter, though? They would do similar things back on Podcast Beyond.

Mezoly

When have they ignored PS news lol? Ropert's report is pretty much an hour of PS news on top of whatever else they talk about.

I'm talking about the new Beyond not PS I Love You. Also, I don't want to hate on the new Beyond I like those guys I just want the podcast to improve but here is probably not the place my apologies.

Mikey Jr.

I'm talking about the new Beyond not PS I Love You. Also, I don't want to hate on the new Beyond I like those guys I just want the podcast to improve but here is probably not the place my apologies.

Yeah, here is not the place. We've bashed Beyond enough in here.

If you want hardcore PS news, stick with PSILU, if you want a catch-all, stick with beyond.

Beyond is more news with a Playstation tint. I love you is hardcore Playstation.

Whoops. I too, thought you were talking about PS I Love You XOXO. Yeah, I agree the new Beyond is less laser focused on PlayStation. It doesn't really bother me though, especially now that PS I Love You XOXO exists.

YukihiraSouma

Neo Member
Why do I get the feeling Colin isn't enjoying Fallout 4 nearly as much as he thought he would . I remember him being super stoked before the game came out but afterwards his reaction has been a bit meh. He has only played 15 hours of it so far if I remember right, while Greg is blazing through way ahead of him. I guess he really doesn't like some of the changes Bethesda has made to the game in respect to Fallout 3. His reaction to Witcher 3 seemed much more enthusiastic.

Or maybe I'm just reading this totally wrong and Colin is just suffering from mid life game fatigue syndrome. lol

lol we have trashed Beyond enough boyo, you've just missed it. I stopped watching that, gave it several months but there's not enough knowledgable and passionate Sony journalists there. No idea how IGN has the biggest PS community and they haven't put new guys on Playstation only so they can create new Gregs/Colins, but that's none of my business.

AmuroChan

lol we have trashed Beyond enough boyo, you've just missed it. I stopped watching that, gave it several months but there's not enough knowledgable and passionate Sony journalists there. No idea how IGN has the biggest PS community and they haven't put new guys on Playstation only so they can create new Gregs/Colins, but that's none of my business.

I think the problem is IGN felt they needed to put recognizable faces on Beyond in order to fill the shoes of Greg and Colin. That pretty backfired IMO because Max and Brian aren't editors nor are they PlayStation enthusiasts. They are video hosts/comedy writers at IGN. That's why on Beyond they'd rather spend 20 min talking about horse feces and riding bears than discuss in details all the PS news of that week.

Same. I was expecting a "no, just kidding, it's the other way round" punchline.

Yeah. Then again, was the original Spelunker a well-known game? Funny thing, though, is the fact that the first remake was on PS3 (Spelunker HD). I guess maybe they forgot about it. To be fair though, maybe this new version is borrowing some stuff from Spelunky. It would not be dissimilar to Tomb Raider (current series) borrowing some from Uncharted which borrowed some from Tomb Raider (original series).

While this is related to the "pre-order" topic they were discussing on their GamesCast podcast, I figure that it still applies to PS4 and games in general.

Regarding Best Buy's GCU program -

You do NOT need to spend $30 on GCU in order to receive the $10 pre-order reward certificate as it's available on select game and all you need is a "my Best Buy" account which anyone can setup for free.

Gamers Club Unlocked is $30 for two years and gives you the following -

- 20% off all new and sealed disc based games
So for example, a $60 game at launch will cost you $48 excluding tax.

- Double the points on video game purchases as long as you're paying with cash, credit card or PayPal...if you use a Best Buy gift card for example, you won't get any points at all but paying cash for a console purchase like I did last Saturday game me an additional 349 points totaling 698 points. Every 50 points is $1. Basically, I'll get $14 back in reward certs.

- 10% trade in bonus
For example, I traded in AC Syndicate yesterday for $35 base value. The 10% bonus game me an additional $3.50 for a total of $38.50 in credit.

- Double the points when trading in games
Using the above example, I'll get double the points on the base value so 70 points.

- 10% off buying pre-owned games
So a $10 game would cost $9 excluding tax.

GCU is an extra benefit for those like myself who purchase games physically. I always pre-order games if I know im buying it on release day anyway. After all, why not if im buying it anyway?

For games like AC Syndicate and Rise of the Tomb Raider, not only did I get my 20% off each game but I'll also get a $10 reward cert for each game from pre-ordering making both games $38 excluding tax.

If you look at what I received for AC Syndicate when I traded it in yesterday, you'll notice that I actually made a 50 cent profit on it, had it for three weeks and completed the game 100% total sync.

For those who prefer physical discs over digital and even more so if you're like me and no longer a collector, Best Buy's GCU quite simply and quite honestly blows away every other retailer when it comes to video games because in the end, you simply can't lose.

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post but wanted to comment on what was said during the recent GamesCast episode regarding the "pre-ordering" segment as Colin seemed to think that you had to be a GCU member at Best Buy in order to get pre-order incentives based on how Tim was explaining Best Buy's GCU program.

Long story short, spending $30 on GCU for two years would give you a $6 profit if all you do is buy three $60 games in that two year span. And like I said above, you simply can't lose.

Perhaps you could put that in the Kinda Funny Community Thread? I don't want this thread to overtake that one. This thread is meant to be focused solely on PS I Love You XOXO.

Okay, I did. I didn't realize that there was a separate thread for Kinda Funny. I edited my above post in order to remove what I posted.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't. I try to do my part by occasionally linking to the community thread. The more the merrier over there. Unfortunately, it gets far less traffic due to the nature of it being in the community section.

Top Bottom