• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Probably every single person I ever met who was a Star Wars fan in the '90s and early 2000s. Not an uncommon thing. Not to offend people who feel differently, but it's a little hard for me to imagine being a long-time Star Wars fan and not knowing that. But, to each his own.

(AT-STs were often referred to as "Chicken Walkers" as a kid, if not just AT-ST.)

Colin, big fan, but you and every single person you met who were Star Wars fans in the '90s and early 2000s are wrong. Please correct this mistake in future.

You're welcome.

That Benevolent Leader trophy sounds like quite the pain in the ass. Not looking forward to it!

I was not too far behind him with the platinum, I tried to beat Greg but I got called into work and he beat me to top 50. The misc. objectives trophy is the real PITA.

For Benevolent Leader-

Final goal in the settlement is:

20 settlers.
Scrap all TVs.
14 settlers assigned to Tier 3 Surgical Clinics
Build a recruitment beacon or 2.
Build hundreds of paintings.
Put all beds indoors.

The rest of the settlers assigned as necessary to make sure food is high enough.

Defend with turrets.

Visit the settlement periodically. You will see an exclamation point in the pipboy on your settlement's happiness when someone in your settlement needs help. You must travel to the settlement and talk to everyone until you find the settler needing assistance. Finish helping and report to Preston if necessary.

Dismantling all TVs gets rid of the bug of happiness dropping. You do not need to stay in the settlement to keep happiness up.

It is going to take a long time to save money to buy so many clinics but this will 100% get you the trophy. You do not need anything else other than these things. You do not need defense of 400, power of 100+, etc. You only need just enough that everything is in the green.

Love the podcast btw!

I was not too far behind him with the platinum, I tried to beat Greg but I got called into work and he beat me to top 50. The misc. objectives trophy is the real PITA.

For Benevolent Leader-

Final goal in the settlement is:

20 settlers.
Scrap all TVs.
14 settlers assigned to Tier 3 Surgical Clinics
Build a recruitment beacon or 2.
Build hundreds of paintings.
Put all beds indoors.

The rest of the settlers assigned as necessary to make sure food is high enough.

Defend with turrets.

Visit the settlement periodically. You will see an exclamation point in the pipboy on your settlement's happiness when someone in your settlement needs help. You must travel to the settlement and talk to everyone until you find the settler needing assistance. Finish helping and report to Preston if necessary.

Dismantling all TVs gets rid of the bug of happiness dropping. You do not need to stay in the settlement to keep happiness up.

It is going to take a long time to save money to buy so many clinics but this will 100% get you the trophy. You do not need anything else other than these things. You do not need defense of 400, power of 100+, etc. You only need just enough that everything is in the green.

Love the podcast btw!

Oh damn, thanks for this! Very helpful.

Omlagus

Colin, big fan, but you and every single person you met who were Star Wars fans in the '90s and early 2000s are wrong. Please correct this mistake in future.

You're welcome.

I've actually gotta agree with Colin here. I'm old enough to have seen Star Wars in the theatre when it first came out and for me it was always at-at or at-at walker, not A T A T. The two legged ones were just Scout Walkers. Never bothered with AT-ST.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I've actually gotta agree with Colin here. I'm old enough to have seen Star Wars in the theatre when it first came out and for me it was always at-at or at-at walker, not A T A T. The two legged ones were just Scout Walkers. Never bothered with AT-ST.

If you want to agree with an incorrect person that's up to you :)

I'm not saying that people don't say it, or that it's not widely used. I'm saying all those people are wrong.

I have heard the ATAT vs. (A tee A Tee) debate enough to know that a lot of people have and still say AT AT.

I wonder if Colin and Greg are setting themselves up for disappoinment with their NMS being a VR game preduction. I'm no expert, still have never tried VR, but always hear that VR can't necessarilly be mapped to all first person games where you are free to control the camera as well as your movement. This leads to a lot of games with cock pits, which NMS has, but a lot of the game seems to be on foot as well.

This definitely isn't lost on them as I've heard them mention that games should be built from the ground up for VR but then they also say X First Person game should be in VR.

NMS seems pretty slow so maybe it wouldn't be as big a problem as something like Mirrors Edge. I remember Dan Rykert from Giant Bomb saying he played Half Life 2 in VR and it was fine so who knows.

Im trying for the benevolent leader achievment after greg talked about the trophy, and fucking christ he wasn't kidding, its really tedious.

I have a problem. For a while now I haven't been able to unhear the amount of times Greg says "right?" and this episode in particular was brutal lol. Tone it down a bit Greggy!

DKHF

Enjoyed this week's episode (mainly the reader mail segment). I agree that replay trophies are bullshit especially the ones in Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories like the reader mentions which requires 6 playthroughs for the platinum...

speaking purely anecdotally here (for the sake of the discussion): my 14 y/o niece's first console was the Wii. last christmas my parents bought her an xbox one, primarily because she wanted to play minecraft with her friends. she now plays everything from minecraft to wwe 2k to halo. so there could be something to the idea of young wii players converting to ps4/xbone

speaking purely anecdotally here (for the sake of the discussion): my 14 y/o niece's first console was the Wii. last christmas my parents bought her an xbox one, primarily because she wanted to play minecraft with her friends. she now plays everything from minecraft to wwe 2k to halo. so there could be something to the idea of young wii players converting to ps4/xbone

Well, Nintendo has never been the best for online. Nintendo consoles have always been absolutely great for local. When kids get older, I think they are likely to want a better online experience (especially if friends move, are not close enough to walk to, etc.). For instance, my cousin's kids used to play Wii all the time, but got a 360 because they moved so her son could stay in touch with his friends (mostly by playing Minecraft).

Alucrid

Banned
I thought that it was announced that the new valkyria game wasn't anything like chronicles days before this podcast was recorded.

DKHF

To Colin's points at 46:49 in the new episode, some details (not much) have leaked about Bend's game, that it's an open world horror (somewhat like TLOU horror) new IP. And I think the reason nothing has been said or announced is because they were working on a Vita game and scrapped it which that supposed former Bend employee claimed on Reddit earlier this year.

And they only went into full production on their PS4 game in January of this year according to this post, so that's why they haven't had anything to show yet.

Colin is predicting that Bend will announce a new game at PSX to be released in Summer 2014. I feel like he's been using that one for a while!

Gusto

I must resist listening to the podcast.....I need something for my trip to PSX!!!!!!!! but but I really want to listen to it NOW!

vypek

Colin is predicting that Bend will announce a new game at PSX to be released in Summer 2014. I feel like he's been using that one for a while!

That would be pretty interesting to somehow do that. lol. IDK if he actually said a mistake in the video or if this is just a keypad typo. Going to listen to the video when I am free.

What's going on with Clements on Twitter? The Best Friends are tweeting at him, I'm assuming this is from PS ILY this week? I won't have a chance to listen till later in the week, can anyone explain? Please tell me he'll be with them at PSX.

dugdug

Banned
Hey, what's up with Colin citing Tidux as if he was a reliable source?

Yeah, I've thought the same. Has that dude ever been right?

What's going on with Clements on Twitter? The Best Friends are tweeting at him, I'm assuming this is from PS ILY this week? I won't have a chance to listen till later in the week, can anyone explain? Please tell me he'll be with them at PSX.

It would be a crime against Jesus if this didn't happen.

Drayco21

To Colin's points at 46:49 in the new episode, some details (not much) have leaked about Bend's game, that it's an open world horror (somewhat like TLOU horror) new IP. And I think the reason nothing has been said or announced is because they were working on a Vita game and scrapped it which that supposed former Bend employee claimed on Reddit earlier this year.

And they only went into full production on their PS4 game in January of this year according to this post, so that's why they haven't had anything to show yet.

This wounds my soul.

Wiggy

Great show this week! I like prediction eps.

Just a joke about him not doing a full write up on playstation blog

Hey, what's up with Colin citing Tidux as if he was a reliable source?

No. When he's right, they are typically things that are obvious. His major predictions never seem to pan out. To Colin's credit, he's said he won't trust Tidux if the PSN Name Change rumor pans out. Tidux has repeated with certainty that it is happening, so he can't weasel out if it doesn't happen.

kadotsu

Banned
Maybe my phone is busted or I'm going crazy but I always hear some sort of touch device clicking in the background of the podcast.

What does Colin and Greg know, I have a feeling they're Playstation related games. In the latest podcast, Colin is getting all giddy about it as well, and there's a few big announcement but in particular got him very excited. Greg thought it was another announcement lol.. They did their 5 predictions for PSX and said they would not say any predictions about insider information. They didn't mention God of War IV which should be a given for PSX, so I'm 99% sure that it's going to get a big showing at the event.

Mezoly

What does Colin and Greg know, I have a feeling they're Playstation related games. In the latest podcast, Colin is getting all giddy about it as well, and there's a few big announcement but in particular got him very excited. Greg thought it was another announcement lol.. They did their 5 predictions for PSX and said they would not say any predictions about insider information. They didn't mention God of War IV which should be a given for PSX, so I'm 99% sure that it's going to get a big showing at the event.
I think the exciting insider info is definitely not God of War 4 because Colin doesn't care about the series so it has to be something else.

I think the exciting insider info is definitely not God of War 4 because Colin doesn't care about the series so it has to be something else.
I agree with you. That was a different point i was making. Each made 5 predictions, neither mentioned GOW which should be a given for PSX, didn't really talk about it. They mentioned in the beginning that they won't speculate based on insider information.

I imagine the other games are something else, especially the two that each one kept guessing. Maybe Crash, maybe a jrpg, etc etc.

Yeah it seems something very exciting that they said it's very hard to keep quite about it. Hope it's not housemarque related lol

Housemarque already revealed their latest game they are working on.

My money is on a story heavy single player big budget exclusive. Given its Colin we are talking about here. Which gets me excited as we have similar tastes lol.

Lol I tweeted at him. He didn't write game descriptions in the Drop.

Top Bottom