• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Bit of a random question based of one of this weeks questions, but in their different podcasts, is it the same room and then before each podcast they change the pictures/frames on the wall (e.g. put pictures of PS consoles for PSILY XOXO then GameOverGreggy pic for GOG show? Or is it just a different part of the same room for each podcast?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I love how the thread says "Greg Miller's" and Colin does 80% of the talking. Too much in fact, not that Greg is better. They need a third person, someone who plays games to join them to make it more the Colin bitch hour.

I love how the thread says "Greg Miller's" and Colin does 80% of the talking. Too much in fact, not that Greg is better. They need a third person, someone who plays games to join them to make it more the Colin bitch hour.

I didn't have enough space to put both (I really wanted to) and, of the two, I think Greg is more well known (he's up for an award!). Though, honestly, when I created this thread it was simply to relay the information about the podcast being created. Once the first episode hit, I completely overhauled the original post to make it a catchall for the podcast, where each week I update the post. As such, if I could rename the thread, I'd rename it PlayStation I Love You XOXO: Kinda Funny's PlayStation Podcast (or if it could fit, PlayStation I Love You XOXO: Kinda Funny's Weekly PlayStation Podcast). At this point, I'd hope that people know who are behind Kinda Funny, and by putting Kinda Funny in the title people would instantly associate it with Greg and Colin (as well as Tim and Nick, but they do not participate in the podcast).

I don't know man, I listen to a lot of gaming podcasts but whenever Colin starts talking about a topic, I listen.

His opinion on topics is refreshing and he understands the industry which is more than I can say for most of the other podcasts out there.

Don't even get me started on the jaded old geezers on the bombcast.

I like his unique voice in the industry. I listen to a few gaming podcasts and I appreciate his different tastes and opinions. I think he's the only one in the industry who played Tales of Zestiria and Dragon Quest Warriors.

Paganmoon

Colin... wtf... AT-AT... A T - A T! who the hell says "atat"...

Edit: Regarding bugged trophies and patching. I'm pretty sure this was done with Prince of Persia 2008, for 2 trophies (finish the game with less than 100 saves by Elika and finish the game in under 12 hours were both unlocked after patch 1.01. Trophy guides states that the patch resets the timer and number of saves Elika, but I started a new playthrough for the platinum a couple of years ago, and took more than 12 hours, and died a shittton, and both those trophies unlocked for me.

So, patching glitched, or annoyingly missable trophies I suppose in regards to PoP2008, isn't unheard of, though seemingly very rare.

Couldn't agree more with Colin in regards to Tomb Raider's launch date. I've been saying the same thing since it was announced. Why not just hold it? There was no chance it was going to do well surrounded by Halo 5, Star Wars Battlefront, Call of Duty, and-- for the love of god--Fallout 4. I get that they wanted to push it out for the holidays, but the other blockbuster titles should have negated that holiday push. It's a shame that this great game (going based on reviews, I haven't played it yet; I'll play it next month) isn't being played or talked about it as much as it should be. Not to be hyperbolic, but I wonder if this kills the Tomb Raider franchise.

Edit: Regarding bugged trophies and patching. I'm pretty sure this was done with Prince of Persia 2008, for 2 trophies (finish the game with less than 100 saves by Elika and finish the game in under 12 hours were both unlocked after patch 1.01. Trophy guides states that the patch resets the timer and number of saves Elika, but I started a new playthrough for the platinum a couple of years ago, and took more than 12 hours, and died a shittton, and both those trophies unlocked for me.

So, patching glitched, or annoyingly missable trophies I suppose in regards to PoP2008, isn't unheard of, though seemingly very rare.

Uh. a whole lot of people. In fact, I'd wager more people say ATAT than A T A T.

Couldn't agree more with Colin in regards to Tomb Raider's launch date. I've been saying the same thing since it was announced. Why not just hold it? There was no chance it was going to do well surrounded by Halo 5, Star Wars Battlefront, Call of Duty, and-- for the love of god--Fallout 4. I get that they wanted to push it out for the holidays, but the other blockbuster titles should have negated that holiday push. It's a shame that this great game (going based on reviews, I haven't played it yet; I'll play it next month) isn't being played or talked about it as much as it should be. Not to be hyperbolic, but I wonder if this kills the Tomb Raider franchise.

I guess it was because Microsoft really wanted to plug that whole "Greatest line-up in Xbox history" narrative... and it completely backfired, at least in regards to RotTR.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say atat. Actually i'm pretty sure Colin in the past has called them A T A Ts, but I could be wrong.

Edit: Just got to the part where he said he usually says atat. Welp

Yeah, it's a real shame. I'll be interested to see how it sells on PS4 and if Sony pushes it at all.

Sony has zero reason to push the PS4 release. It's not their IP and that version is going to come out an entire year after the Xbone date, once again in the midst of a packed holiday season. To put it bluntly - nobody's going to give a shit about RotTR by that point.

Calderc

Colin is seeming more and more like his interest lies in gaming of the past and the industry itself rather than actual current games.

Has anyone else kinda noticed that?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
First time I've heard anyone calling it an "atat". How do people pronounce AT-ST then?

This is an ongoing argument among fans, and you have just brought up the A.T.A.T. fan's most decisive point.

If you say at-at, then you are saying it incorrectly and you should feel bad about yourself, you people are almost as bad as those weirdo's that say 'Dark Vader'

For what? Tomb Raider? Half the internet was right on that :)
Yeah, I love Colin, but very few of his "#colinwasright" are unique theories. Even the Fallout 4 getting released this year thing was something that was buzzing around A LOT.

To be fair, this is also the guy who can't say the word 'niche'. Still not as bad as when Greg says 'ruf' instead of 'roof'.
Sorry C&G, no one is perfect. Except Kevin.

First time I've heard anyone calling it an "atat". How do people pronounce AT-ST then?

A T S T. I think people say ATAT because it simpler and quicker to say than A T A T. I remember an advertisement for a Star Wars toy in the late 90's (still pre-prequels) where the kid in the commercial called it an ATAT.

Colin's becoming obsessed with GAF since he got an account. Must've mentioned it 5 times during this episode!

"One of us....one of us....one of us....." ;)

So just after listening to episode 9. Very odd episode actually and I noticed that Colin is starting to sound jaded as hell?

He have been just tired but still he sounds way off today.

Anyone notice that?

Slixshot

Banned
So just after listening to episode 9. Very odd episode actually and I noticed that Colin is starting to sound jaded as hell?

Anyone notice that?

Regarding what? Because he normally does! And that's why I love him.

jon_dojah

Banned
This is not related to the PS podcast but their latest topic on the KindaFunny youtube channel is titled "Conspiracy Theories" and the comment section is being moderated like crazy.

Last night it had 285 comments. Today hovering between 12-14. Comments are being deleted less than a minute after they go up. I've never commented on any of their vids before but I did today asking where have all the comments went and how some of them were very well thought and informative and it got deleted a few seconds later. Most of these we not the usual Youtube troll type comments. I know because I archived them last night (not because I thought any of them would be removed today but so I could share some of them with people I know who arent into videogame related stuff).

They literally deleted 270+ comments from existence within the past 12hrs discussing the topic Colin brought up and usually they encourage fans of the show to discuss it below or on their official forums of which there is very few posts about this particular episode. Especially with Colin's strong belief in the 2nd Amendment I don't get it.

I've been a big fan of KF the past few months and went back and watched everything from the past 2-3 years but this makes me lose a bit of respect and suspect other fans may feel the same.

Btw I will be at PSX and planned on being there for their panel and afterparty since I live (born and raised) in SF.

Paganmoon

This is not related to the PS podcast but their latest topic on the KindaFunny youtube channel is titled "Conspiracy Theories" and the comment section is being moderated like crazy.

Last night it had 285 comments. Today hovering between 12-14. Comments are being deleted less than a minute after they go up. I've never commented on any of their vids before but I did today asking where have all the comments went and how some of them were very well thought and informative and it got deleted a few seconds later. Most of these we not the usual Youtube troll type comments. I know because I archived them last night (not because I thought any of them would be removed today but so I could share some of them with people I know who arent into videogame related stuff).

They literally deleted 270+ comments from existence within the past 12hrs discussing the topic Colin brought up and usually they encourage fans of the show to discuss it below or on their official forums of which there is very few posts about this particular episode. Especially with Colin's strong belief in the 2nd Amendment I don't get it.

Hmm, sounds like some kind of conspiracy to me...

Colin is seeming more and more like his interest lies in gaming of the past and the industry itself rather than actual current games.

Has anyone else kinda noticed that?

Yup, thought the same thing the other day. But then again, everyone has a period where he/she doesn't want to play many video games. I even had whole years where I didn't play games.
It would be weird for someone to have a gaming channel on youtube and not be interested in new games.

And because this is becoming the Kinda Funny thread on Gaf, I must say I love almost all their content. They're really one of the most likable people in the industry imo and as someone who really dislikes the cynical youtube channels, they have a nice community. (And I'm even primarily a PC gamer.) They and their fans really seem to love videogames and Playstation in particular. Of al the gaming personalities I can relate most to Colin because his singleplayer focus.

The only bad thing I have to say is that the patreon exclusive stuff is rather dull.

notaxation

Neo Member

Probably every single person I ever met who was a Star Wars fan in the '90s and early 2000s. Not an uncommon thing. Not to offend people who feel differently, but it's a little hard for me to imagine being a long-time Star Wars fan and not knowing that. But, to each his own.

(AT-STs were often referred to as "Chicken Walkers" as a kid, if not just AT-ST.)

Couldn't agree more with Colin in regards to Tomb Raider's launch date. I've been saying the same thing since it was announced. Why not just hold it?

I thought Greenberg had some interesting insight when he was on our podcast. That said, still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to send a game like that to die. I feel really bad for Crystal, personally.

Can we nominate Colin for the "Was Right" award?

Yes.

The history of gaming has been an interest of mine since I joined the industry 13 years ago, or since I started writing about games 18 years ago. Not exactly a new development. =)

That said, look at my Trophies if you need to see what I've been playing.

Yeah, I love Colin, but very few of his "#colinwasright" are unique theories. Even the Fallout 4 getting released this year thing was something that was buzzing around A LOT.

Sorry, that's some revisionist history. I don't know of anyone who was saying in 2014 that Bethesda would reveal Fallout 4 in 2015 and it would come out in November 2015.

The #ColinWasRight thing is a largely overblown joke that we push to be funny, but for real, I nailed that having literally no inside information, and I'm proud of that.

Colin's becoming obsessed with GAF since he got an account. Must've mentioned it 5 times during this episode!

I've been reading GAF for years. I just never really felt welcome here, so I didn't make an account or post.

I still find it a very interesting place, even if it's a bit hostile towards me.

I've been going through some difficult personal issues the past few weeks that I'm dealing with. That sort of thing is going to sneak into what we do when my job is to talk on video every day, whether I feel like it or not, or whether I'm feeling good or bad.

Kind of sucks that people make a habit of judging me when I choose to wear my heart on my sleeve. Would people prefer that I was fake? I'm about as real as it gets, for better or worse. Take it or leave it, I guess.

Not a single comment was deleted from that video. You can apologize when you get a chance. =)

todd360

I've been going through some difficult personal issues the past few weeks that I'm dealing with. That sort of thing is going to sneak into what we do when my job is to talk on video every day, whether I feel like it or not, or whether I'm feeling good or bad.

I hope you are able to get through your personal issues. I would also like to thank you for doing what you do. I love the podcasts and look forward to listening to you and greg every week.

I cringe every time Tim opens his show with the first ever episode stuff though lol.

Excellent episode. I loved when they were talking about bad journalism.

Also I legit LOLED at Greg drinking his water and Colins reaction.

jon_dojah

Banned
Not a single comment was deleted from that video. You can apologize when you get a chance. =)

I did a hard look and even though it currently says 'All Comments (19)' there are actually alot more than that though I don't see as many as 285 that it showed last night. BUT my comment did disappear a few seconds after I posted it and is still not there. Maybe youtube is screwed up at the moment.

Yes many of the comments I saw yesterday are still there as I ran a comparison from the copy/paste I did. I apologize man. But I still don't get why some (mine at least) aren't showing up and I could actually see the comment count fluctuating up and down between 12-16 earlier today which led me to believe they were actively being deleted. Well I move blame to youtube. If I see you at Jillian's have a shot of whatever you want (bourbon?) on me bud.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Colin definitely hit on Fallout 4 being announced at E3 (even though most probably expected it once Bethesda announced a Sunday night press conference) and being released five months later. Wish every major release was like this. Announced and released within six months.

Colin also hit on ROTTR but that was expected once Bethesda announced Fallout 4 for November 10th. If possible, Microsoft should have moved up ROTTR to October 6th as it would have been a far better decision than releasing it when it did.

With that said, I purchased an Xbox One so I could play ROTTR and I must admit that it's one hell of a game. Seriously, everyone who owns an Xbox One should go buy it and play it. ROTTR is easily a game of the year contender and is giving my current game of the year (The Witcher 3) a serious run for it's money.

I do really feel bad for Crystal Dynamics as I have been a fan of theirs since Gex and Slam N Jam on 3DO. While I seriously doubt that it would happen, Sony should actually look into seeing if Square Enix would sell the Tomb Raider IP and Crystal Dynamics. If so, depending on the price, Sony should purchase that combination, not only because of ROTTR releasing next year on PS4 but they could end up having the final of the rebooted trilogy a full exclusive on PS4. The entire trilogy would then only be available on PS4.

You like the first ever episode 26 stuff? I can't stand it. Everything else he does as host is fine. I just can't stand that part. It doesn't make sense.

Yes I like it. I don't really understand hating it so much, and it actually does make sense.

Edit: I don't mean to be dismissive of your opinion (even though admittedly that's how it sounds). I'll just stick with arguing that, while being kind of silly, the line does make sense :p

Shenmue

Banned
You like the first ever episode 26 stuff? I can't stand it. Everything else he does as host is fine. I just can't stand that part. It doesn't make sense.

Wow that's so picky... It's just a dumb/cute little joke man. No need to "can't stand it" it's literally one throwaway line. I think it's funny in a dorky humor kind of way.

FranXico

BUT my comment did disappear a few seconds after I posted it and is still not there. Maybe youtube is screwed up at the moment.

I also always get a delayed comment display (they only become publicly visible some minutes later) when commenting on a few certain YouTube channels. The only thing I am sure of is that that lag is introduced by YouTube, not the channels themselves.

Perhaps the title "conspiracy theory" activated a bot that makes all comments go through a filter or something, don't know. Just speculating.

/conspiracytheory

FranXico

If so, depending on the price, Sony should purchase that combination, not only because of ROTTR releasing next year on PS4 but they could end up having the final of the rebooted trilogy a full exclusive on PS4. The entire trilogy would then only be available on PS4.

SCE can't afford that IP.

Not to mention the backlash they would get from doing that. It's an established multiplatform series.

jon_dojah

Banned
I also always get a delayed comment display (they only become publicly visible some minutes later) when commenting on a few certain YouTube channels. The only thing I am sure of is that that lag is introduced by YouTube, not the channels themselves.

Perhaps the title "conspiracy theory" activated a bot that makes all comments go through a filter or something, don't know. Just speculating.

/conspiracytheory

Yea its definitely something. The 'Conspiracy Theories' vids comment counter currently has no number associated with it now.

But I've seen cases even years ago where view counts of certain controversial videos were in the less than 100,000 when in actuality it had millions of views. I guess they want to make people believe they weren't popular/trending. Google/Youtube does some shady stuff so I shouldn't be suprised.

Another reminder that we have an awesome Kinda Funny community thread. If you want to discuss things other than PS I Love You XOXO, it would be appreciated if you post there. Personally, I have no real issue with it, but I want the other thread to keep going as it is more comprehensive than this one (meant to focus on the podcast only). MattyG did a fantastic job with the community thread and I feel it gets lost over there among the other community threads.

Paganmoon

Probably every single person I ever met who was a Star Wars fan in the '90s and early 2000s. Not an uncommon thing. Not to offend people who feel differently, but it's a little hard for me to imagine being a long-time Star Wars fan and not knowing that. But, to each his own.

(AT-STs were often referred to as "Chicken Walkers" as a kid, if not just AT-ST.)

And I find it hard to imagine the opposite, that long time fans call it atat :) but maybe it's an American thing? As I said, never heard atat before yesterday.

I've been reading GAF for years. I just never really felt welcome here, so I didn't make an account or post.

I still find it a very interesting place, even if it's a bit hostile towards me.

Hope you didn't take my comment as hostility then, was just a friendly jab :)

Great and funny episode as always!

Just want to say I hope things get better for you soon Colin.

And how in the hell did Greg platinum FO4 so fast? I saw his post on Instagram.
Beastly.

Kind of sucks that people make a habit of judging me when I choose to wear my heart on my sleeve. Would people prefer that I was fake? I'm about as real as it gets, for better or worse. Take it or leave it, I guess.

Totally cool bro, we all go through personal issues at some stage so I understand completely. I have been listening to you since you started on Beyond so it is crazy that I actually knew something was up. Either way, hope you feel better soon.

Looking forward to the next episode.

That'll relax over time, plus your Playstation background is a flame for console warrior moths! For my part, I'll always welcome knowledgeable and thoughtful people here. So it's good to have you.

BTW, great episode. Couldn't agree more re the slow degradation of journalism. It's getting pretty sad to see the state of some once respectable news outlets reducing themselves to a gussied-up version of TMZ.

DKHF

And how in the hell did Greg platinum FO4 so fast? I saw his post on Instagram.
Beastly.
Greg and Colin got the game 11 days early which explains how he got it so soon after release. Though it's still definitely a big achievement to have the platinum already lol.

Top Bottom