• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Yeah it seems something very exciting that they said it's very hard to keep quite about it. Hope it's not housemarque related lol
No. Housemarquee is working on three games. Materfall and Alienation have already been revealed, the other is a VR (likely PSVR) game. Colin would not hype up PSVR. Like Sodding says, it's got to be single player. Maybe the jRPG Verendus has told us about, might be a Chrono game since he is a huge Trigger fan, Agent, some 3rd party IP, a big story focused inhouse IP, impossible to guess. It's got to be AAA though, especially if he's acting as he is.

Bolivar687

Banned
No. Housemarquee is working on three games. Materfall and Alienation have already been revealed, the other is a VR (likely PSVR) game. Colin would not hype up PSVR. Like Sodding says, it's got to be single player. Maybe the jRPG Verendus has told us about, might be a Chrono game since he is a huge Trigger fan, Agent, some 3rd party IP, a big story focused inhouse IP, impossible to guess. It's got to be AAA though, especially if he's acting as he is.

I don't know, what if it's like a Yacht Club title or something? With Colin, I feel like it could just as well be an indie.

jmaine_ph

Between this episode and our friend tidux (I know everyone hates when that name comes up but I still have faith) I'm super excited for Saturday.

Puts everything in perspective for Nintendo when it comes to hardware. They have been on a downward spiral besides the Wii for decades now. I posted this in the NX thread, but I'm kinda fed up with there hardware. If NX doesn't knock it out of the park, I too want them to just go 3rd party. We'll see though...

To Colin's points at 46:49 in the new episode, some details (not much) have leaked about Bend's game, that it's an open world horror (somewhat like TLOU horror) new IP. And I think the reason nothing has been said or announced is because they were working on a Vita game and scrapped it which that supposed former Bend employee claimed on Reddit earlier this year.

And they only went into full production on their PS4 game in January of this year according to this post, so that's why they haven't had anything to show yet.
Yeah, I wonder what secret they know about though? I wouldn't think it's Bend's game or anything from first party really? I hope this weekend we get some great announcements.

Boke1879

As far as predicting things. I have faith in colin. Just check out his E3 predictions. The man just knows the industry and I'm sure his ear is very close to the rumblings that are going on. It'll be interesting to see what he's excited for.

AmuroChan

I'm going to take a wild guess at the inside info and says it's Insomniac related perhaps Resistance 4/reboot.

It would have to be really early in pre-production since Insomniac only has two teams. The NC team is doing Rachet PS4 and their West Coast team is working on Edge of Nowhere for Oculus.

Three

It would have to be really early in pre-production since Insomniac only has two teams. The NC team is doing Rachet PS4 and their West Coast team is working on Edge of Nowhere for Oculus.
Edge of nowhere on PSVR possibly? Do they have some kind of contract with Oculus?

I think there is going to be a lot of PS VR. Makes sense too with MS doing some completely out of the blue hololens marketing at the moment.

I'm going to take a wild guess at the inside info and says it's Insomniac related perhaps Resistance 4/reboot.

He and Greg agreed earlier in the episode that Resistance coming back was a good possibility. So unless he's leaking insider info, I doubt that's the title he's talking about.

AmuroChan

He and Greg agreed earlier in the episode that Resistance coming back was a good possibility. So unless he's leaking insider info, I doubt that's the title he's talking about.

Also, I don't think Insomniac wants to revisit Resistance. They've said that they want to start owning their IPs. So I think they're going to go fully independent after Rachet is done.

I thought that was the VR game?
Thats exclusive to Oculus
giphy.gif

Why on earth would they make the VR game exclusive? And if so, not on PSVR lol. Insomniac just confuses me...

Why on earth would they make the VR game exclusive? And if so, not on PSVR lol. Insomniac just confuses me...

It's a 1st party Oculus funded game.

Just like Sunset, I believe they own the IP themselves. Frankly I think the days of new IPs from Insomniac releasing as aa 1st party title on Sony platforms are past us unless they decide it's cool to forfeit the IP rights for a paycheck

Colin looks quite excited for that insider information, or "the one".

Knowing Colin's tastes I'm guessing it's Red Dead 2 or the Level-5 RPG, likely Ni No Kuni 2, not sure if Ghibli would be involved though as that place is kind of in a weird holding pattern these days. It would have been easy for Shu to mention off record what SCEJ Studio Japan would have been working on in collaboration with a 2nd party dev.

I say Red Dead 2 as a few other outlets (The Know) have been hinting at it the last week or two. Adam from Funhaus last week mentioned on their podcast that there was something that he was really looking forward to playing that was going to be announced at an event 'soon', and was clearly having great difficulty holding something back. Also this could be what Greg was excited for more so than the Level-5 announcement, hence the confusion between the two of them in that exchange.

Keep in mind neither Colin nor Greg mentioned either Level-5 or Rockstar (at least not in great depth beyond talking about Agent).

Colin if you're reading this keep up the great work! Please, please, please try and get Goldfarb on an episode!

jayu26

I think Colin was referring to next Red Dead game. I think he is a big fan and it is about time it showed up. It might have some kind of marketing deal with Sony. Housers like Sony.

It's a 1st party Oculus funded game.

Just like Sunset, I believe they own the IP themselves. Frankly I think the days of new IPs from Insomniac releasing as aa 1st party title on Sony platforms are past us unless they decide it's cool to forfeit the IP rights for a paycheck

This fucking makes no sense to me. Not you Nightengale but Insomniac's strategy. What's the point of owning an IP if you are stuck on one platform anyway?

DKHF

Knowing Colin's tastes I'm guessing it's Red Dead 2 or the Level-5 RPG, likely Ni No Kuni 2, not sure if Ghibli would be involved though as that place is kind of in a weird holding pattern these days. It would have been easy for Shu to mention off record what SCEJ Studio Japan would have been working on in collaboration with a 2nd party dev.

I say Red Dead 2 as a few other outlets (The Know) have been hinting at it the last week or two. Adam from Funhaus last week mentioned on their podcast that there was something that he was really looking forward to playing that was going to be announced at an event 'soon', and was clearly having great difficulty holding something back. Also this could be what Greg was excited for more so than the Level-5 announcement, hence the confusion between the two of them in that exchange.

Keep in mind neither Colin nor Greg mentioned either Level-5 or Rockstar (at least not in great depth beyond talking about Agent).

Colin if you're reading this keep up the great work! Please, please, please try and get Goldfarb on an episode!
But the only thing is Greg's last prediction was that Rockstar would show up in some form. If he and Colin already knew that they were showing up he would be breaking their rule of no predictions of insider information they already know. I guess he could if he wanted to, but Greg genuinely seemed like he didn't think they would show up.

But the only thing is Greg's last prediction was that Rockstar would show up in some form. If he and Colin already knew that they were showing up he would be breaking their rule of no predictions of insider information they already know. I guess he could if he wanted to, but Greg genuinely seemed like he didn't think they would show up.

That's a really good point, I took it as them talking about Rockstar in producing a PS4 exclusive in terms of representation. Beyond
(BEYOND!)
a Level-5 or maybe Insomniac announcement I have literally no idea what they could be excited for! It's just that the Level-5 title has been in the works for ages (and was meant to be at E3 2015) so there is a good chance they've known about whatever it is for a while.

Maybe I also just want to believe that a RDR2 will be in my hands in the next 12 months!

I love Greg and Colin but every time Bend comes up they seem to imply they've been working on this game since Golden Abyss.

Did they completely miss the former Bend dev who came out and said they worked on 2 cancelled Vita games including a Golden Abyss sequel before moving on to PS4? Their current game could have been started as late as 2013 which was only 2 years ago

DKHF

I love Greg and Colin but every time Bend comes up they seem to imply they've been working on this game since Golden Abyss.

Did they completely miss the former Bend dev who came out and said they worked on 2 cancelled Vita games including a Golden Abyss sequel before moving on to PS4? Their current game could have been started as late as 2013 which was only 2 years ago
And it only went into full production in January 2015. It could easily be 2-3 years away still.

Yeah exactly. It's just strange that as in touch with these studios as they are that they could overlook something like this. But I guess they have so much going on all the time it's probably easy to have some things slip by.

I'm just not looking forward to people being disappointed when we don't see Bends new game at PSX. Honestly I would be shocked if it's there.

Top Bottom