• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

sh1fty

Anyone else feel Colin is being a little hypocritical with his view that Sony Bend / other first party studios should be announcing their games when I could have sworn he was lauding Bethesda for their approach with Fallout 4.. when they purposely kept it under wraps until it was ready and close to launch?

Maybe I'm just thinking of a different podcast (I listen to a bunch).. but I thought the general opinion between Colin and Greg was that companies should wait until the game is ready and 5-6 months away from launch (ie. announce at E3 - Launch in the fall).

Maybe Sony Bend and the other silent first party studios are still pretty far away from being ready? They likely don't want to risk another Last Guardian situation where you announce way too early.

I definitely had some disagreements regarding the PS2 emulation discussion. I can see both sides of the argument, but I tend to come down on the side of not having to pay for content I already own.

PS2 emulation on PS4 also comes in at a time when Xbox One is rolling out Xbox 360 emulation. And while the current gen consoles are emulating different generations of game consoles, I'd say the way MS has done it so far is better. If it came down to being able to play a PS2 game as it was via emulation for free (if already owned), or have the game add in trophy support and a few other enhancements for $10/15, I think I'd choose the free route. I think more time will be needed to better evaluate PS2 emulation.

Overall great episode though!

Someone please tell greg that nomura was directing ff7remake for a year before the e3 trailer announcement.

Lots of people were spinning that interview as if Square Enix literally assigned him as the director without working on the game whatsoever the day of the conference when it was nothing of the sort. But hey, when Colin is that passionate about riding the Square and FFVIIR doom and gloom bandwagon it'd be hard not to join in with whatever misinformation ammunition have sitting at the back of your head.

sh1fty

I was listening to the new podcast, and as much as I like Colin's rants, the one of him going off on these supposed people who think PS2 Classics on PS4 should be free felt like an old man yelling at a stop sign. Who are these people that think they should be free? Who's making that argument? I've seen people say they feel they're overpriced, but I haven't personally seen a large swath of people argue that they should be free if they've already purchased them.

That's not to say that no one has said that, but he spent like 5 solid minutes ranting about it haha. Seemed like a bit of an overreaction.

I wonder this too sometimes when he makes statements like "No one believed me" or "Everyone thought I was crazy". My guess is he is basing this off of twitter replies and comments, or when he worked for IGN, comments on the articles he wrote.

Zukkoyaki

Anyone else feel Colin is being a little hypocritical with his view that Sony Bend / other first party studios should be announcing their games when I could have sworn he was lauding Bethesda for their approach with Fallout 4.. when they purposely kept it under wraps until it was ready and close to launch?

Maybe I'm just thinking of a different podcast (I listen to a bunch).. but I thought the general opinion between Colin and Greg was that companies should wait until the game is ready and 5-6 months away from launch (ie. announce at E3 - Launch in the fall).

Maybe Sony Bend and the other silent first party studios are still pretty far away from being ready? They likely don't want to risk another Last Guardian situation where you announce way too early.

He's just getting really impatient for Bend's game because they last released one technically in 2011 (Vita Japanese launch).

And I believe you're right about Sony wanting to avoid another Last Guardian situation. Sony themselves have said they want to announce games closer to release than they used to.

My one critique with Colin lately, still love the dude and his knowledge/analysis, is that he keeps talking about how we don't know what Sony's first parties are up to when really only Bend and Sucker Punch are unaccounted for.

Sucker Punch makes sense considering they've already released 2 PS4 games, Bend is the only one that is a complete mystery. Santa Monica is doing God of War, Pixelopus is doing some small game that nobody will probably care about like Entwined, and North West just opened and is working on VR.

He also seems to gloss over the fact that Sony has announced 6 prominent projects from their internal studios this year: Horizon, Dreams, RIGS, Gravity Rush 2, Gran Turismo Sport, and The Last Guardian. Even if you leave out TLG, that's still 5 big internal projects announced. I just don't understand why this narrative that we don't know what's going on with Sony's first parties is still a thing.

Sure some are taking awhile, but the known projects are looking great. It should be obvious why Santa Monica and Bend haven't announced their games yet: they both had projects that got canned. It happens. Plus Infamous and Driveclub are already two stellar titles from the first parties already. We just finished up year 2 of the PS4, it took awhile for things to heat up with the PS3 as well. If everyone would recall, most of the early solid PSE games were from then second parties as well. Infamous was then independent Sucker Punch, LBP was then independent Media Molecule, and Resistance was from Insomniac. Years 3 and 4 of the PS3 were when we saw games like God of War, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, MAG, and Gran Turismo... Sense a trend?

killroy87

I was honestly surprised to see how both of them (more so Colin) were unimpressed by PSX. I guess I just have a bit more realistic expectations. Two years ago this conference didn't exist at all, this is literally "bonus material" for fans. And it's like Sony's third big conference of the year, it isn't like they're cutting out content from their past patterns.

In my mind, PSX is to celebrate Playstation, and this is a perfect platform to give games that would neeeeeever otherwise see the light of day on a main stage some time in the spotlight. Everything from the indies to Ni no Kuni, these games just wouldn't be given this kind of attention at E3. So I think that PSX offers them that is pretty cool.

I understand the lack of Sony first party is frustrating, but people's general sentiment that there wasn't enough megatons is completely unrealistic, and a kind of sad reflection on how we've been conditioned. Can we really expect three massive conferences in one year (not including announcements made outside of said conferences) to just be non-stop bombshells? That's 100% unrealistic.

I dunno, I guess I just look at things like The Game Awards and PSX as exactly what they are; bonuses for gamers. I can't really fathom a way to be disappointed by them.

I was honestly surprised to see how both of them (more so Colin) were unimpressed by PSX. I guess I just have a bit more realistic expectations. Two years ago this conference didn't exist at all, this is literally "bonus material" for fans. And it's like Sony's third big conference of the year, it isn't like they're cutting out content from their past patterns.

In my mind, PSX is to celebrate Playstation, and this is a perfect platform to give games that would neeeeeever otherwise see the light of day on a main stage some time in the spotlight. Everything from the indies to Ni no Kuni, these games just wouldn't be given this kind of attention at E3. So I think that PSX offers them that is pretty cool.

I understand the lack of Sony first party is frustrating, but people's general sentiment that there wasn't enough megatons is completely unrealistic, and a kind of sad reflection on how we've been conditioned. Can we really expect three massive conferences in one year (not including announcements made outside of said conferences) to just be non-stop bombshells? That's 100% unrealistic.

I dunno, I guess I just look at things like The Game Awards and PSX as exactly what they are; bonuses for gamers. I can't really fathom a way to be disappointed by them.

I use to listen to lots of sports radio and they'd do the same thing, make a big deal out of nothing, but it was clearly because they had so many hours of programming to fill a day. I wonder if the same thing is happening is happening here? Between three podcasts a week, and a live show 5 days a week, that's a lot of content to fill, especially when Colin and Greg are involve in all of them. Hopefully Kinda Funny's next expansion is hiring more on camera talent that can talk games.
Not to sound overly negative or anything, I still like PS I Love You and Colin and Greg Live, but between things like Greg mentioning that Nomura learned about FF7R before the announcement, which was untrue, and Colin going on and on about first party and Bend, just seems like something's up. I don't ever recall them being that wrong during the Podcast Beyond days.

Too much whining about FF7 Remake while simultaneously whining about "manufactured controversies".

No self awareness I suppose. This is the second episode I've listened to from this podcast and I'm already disliking it.

The ps2 emulation argument Colin made totally dismisses that the competition is doing it without any cost to its consumer. We all know that ps4 is emulating the game, not recreating it. I don't see a reason why Sony can't make this open for disc based emulation. It just sounds greedy.

When he used the argument, "you can't shove an snes game in an n64" or something in the lines of that.

I always found that mind set so backwards. As any industry, it should look forward - challenge itself to its current capabilities and its competition. Not against old hardware and practices.

Too much whining about FF7 Remake while simultaneously whining about "manufactured controversies".

No self awareness I suppose. This is the second episode I've listened to from this podcast and I'm already disliking it.

Yeah, I've totally stopped listening to the Kinda Funny Podcast and have been following PS i love you from the start but am thinking of dropping this as well. I really enjoyed them in the Beyond days. I just feel like no one is there to challenge any of their points or arguments. Now it's just becoming filler until bombcast comes out.

The ps2 emulation argument Colin made totally dismisses that the competition is doing it without any cost to its consumer. We all know that ps4 is emulating the game, not recreating it. I don't see a reason why Sony can't make this open for disc based emulation. It just sounds greedy.

When he used the argument, "you can't shove an snes game in an n64" or something in the lines of that.

I always found that mind set so backwards. As any industry, it should look forward - challenge itself to its current capabilities and its competition. Not against old hardware and practices.

Especially his argument about FF7 and PS1 classics. You could put your ps1 discs into your ps3 and play them. People weren't mad about ps1 classics (which were also just emulations) because you also could play your discs right into the system. It was true back compatibility, two generations back.

So the competitor is doing it better, for free, and the two generation argument is invalid because it has been done before and there is zero technical reason why it can't be done.

Not that I'm super invested either way, I'm not mad about it, but I totally get why people are bummed and I wish it worked like it did on PS3 and Xbox One.

Especially his argument about FF7 and PS1 classics. You could put your ps1 discs into your ps3 and play them. People weren't mad about ps1 classics (which were also just emulations) because you also could play your discs right into the system. It was true back compatibility, two generations back.

So the competitor is doing it better, for free, and the two generation argument is invalid because it has been done before and there is zero technical reason why it can't be done.

Not that I'm super invested either way, I'm not mad about it, but I totally get why people are bummed and I wish it worked like it did on PS3 and Xbox One.

Yup, this was the first generation to entirely drop backwards compatibility. He's really quick to jump to tell us that we're not entitled to a lot of things which makes me wonder what he thinks we are entitled to?

Yeah, I've totally stopped listening to the Kinda Funny Podcast and have been following PS i love you from the start but am thinking of dropping this as well. I really enjoyed them in the Beyond days. I just feel like no one is there to challenge any of their points or arguments. Now it's just becoming filler until bombcast comes out.

If you want to see their points challenged, I suggest you start watching the gamescast again lol (because Tim)

Kasper

I don't personally have a big gripe with no backwards compatibility when it comes to physical PS2 copies, but Sony not supporting digital PS2 Classics purchases is extremely shitty.

If you want to see their points challenged, I suggest you start watching the gamescast again lol (because Tim)

I love Colin and Greg, both of them are stand up guys and are truly educated and insightful about the industry. However, it is too true that their views are rarely challenged so in the few times I find myself doing a double take at something they said I get disappointed nobody calls them out on it (during/involved in the show).

Is it because they disagree with me and I want them verbally slapped? Not at all. It's because it's detrimental to the conversation to leave it on such a one-sided note when there is a compelling/reasonable opposing viewpoint that they haven't had articulated to them from a person they respect.

This is why I am glad Tim is around, not only as an opposing viewpoint but as a Nintendo fan. The unfortunate reality is that Tim just doesn't have the experience and industry insight of Greg or Colin, so he doesn't often have the discussion tools he needs to really drive a compelling counter-argument (although sometimes he gets his point across just fine).

Love you all!

I don't personally have a big gripe with no backwards compatibility when it comes to physical PS2 copies, but Sony not supporting digital PS2 Classics purchases is extremely shitty.

This is my biggest gripe as well.

Yeah especially when both competitors did it better. Microsoft with BC being free if you owned the game previously, and Nintendo charging a small upgrade free to account for the new features on Virtual Console games. Especially given that PS1 classics purchased on PS3 were compatible
(sometimes/most of the time)
with PSP and Vita, the precedent has already been set for Sony.
At the end of the day I'm very excited for games like GTA3 with trophies, and I don't mind paying for it, but I can understand why some people are annoyed.
This is why Greg, Ryan, Andrew, and Colin were such a great team on Beyond together, they were all from fairly different ends of the gaming spectrum it created some really good conversations.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I don't want any kind of backwards compatibility at all and that includes PS Now. Stop wasting money, time and resources on stuff that's just getting an upscale to 1080P and includes trophies (which I also have no interest in) and work on PS4 and PS4 PSN games and move forward. I don't care what Microsoft does or doesn't do. I moved on from past consoles. If people want to play their old games, keep them and their respective systems and there you go, play away. I don't want PS1, PS2 and PS3 games on PS4. That's not why I purchased a PS4 and I will never understand why people complain and want backwards compatibility so much. Like, how many times can you play the same exact game knowing everything about it over and over? I just don't get it.

Good podcast though. Love Colin's rants. They're hilarious and majority of the time, I agree. And yeah, PSX sucked. The beginning with U4 and FFVIIR were great and it went downhill from there for me. Was fully expecting Sony Bend's game and I agree with Colin that Sony MUST have at least ONE first party announcement every year if not more because that's why im watching the conference. I'm not watching PSX for third party crap and Indie crap. Seriously, that's what all the other shows are for.

If Sony isn't going to have at least ONE first party announcement every year, then honestly, why even bother wasting the time, money and resources to hold the damn event to begin with? Makes no sense to me.

I do agree with Colin on this - Sony should be at E3 next year, skip everything else and go dark until PSX and just repeat that every year.

prwxv3

Personally, I don't want any kind of backwards compatibility at all and that includes PS Now. Stop wasting money, time and resources on stuff that's just getting an upscale to 1080P and includes trophies (which I also have no interest in) and work on PS4 and PS4 PSN games and move forward. I don't care what Microsoft does or doesn't do. I moved on from past consoles. If people want to play their old games, keep them and their respective systems and there you go, play away. I don't want PS1, PS2 and PS3 games on PS4. That's not why I purchased a PS4 and I will never understand why people complain and want backwards compatibility so much. Like, how many times can you play the same exact game knowing everything about it over and over? I just don't get it.

Good podcast though. Love Colin's rants. They're hilarious and majority of the time, I agree. And yeah, PSX sucked. The beginning with U4 and FFVIIR were great and it went downhill from there for me. Was fully expecting Sony Bend's game and I agree with Colin that Sony MUST have at least ONE first party announcement every year if not more because that's why im watching the conference. I'm not watching PSX for third party crap and Indie crap. Seriously, that's what all the other shows are for.

If Sony isn't going to have at least ONE first party announcement every year, then honestly, why even bother wasting the time, money and resources to hold the damn event to begin with? Makes no sense to me.

I do agree with Colin on this - Sony should be at E3 next year, skip everything else and go dark until PSX and just repeat that every year.

Wat. They event is for fans. There is much more besides the keynote. The event is not for first party announcments.

I feel for the people who wanted the FFVII remake to have a combat system that was similar to the original, but the route they're going in definitely doesn't make "no sense".

As I person who loved FFVII when I played it back when I was in middle school, I always imagined in my head that the fights would go down similar to how the remake makes them look. I couldn't help but think about how amazing it would be playing through the game with full 3D environments and fighting enemies in a real time combat system.

I thought I was CRAZY for 1.) Ever expecting a FFVII remake to happen, and even crazier for 2.) Hoping for a theoretical FFVII remake to have a more action oriented combat system.

So yeah, I, like most people, expected a theoretical remake to use pretty much the same ATB, so I definitely understand why people are upset with this. I'm personally stoked, and I think it's the best direction to go with this remake. It's always been something I've deeply wanted.

Yeah. I would have been happy with either battle system so I'm not surprised they are going with something more actiony, and we'll have to see how it actually plays since there is still a command menu on the side and it even includes "defend" which is kind of interesting.

I also don't really agree with Colin's rant on FF7R.

That Greg VR bit sounded great.

Totally agree with Colin on how ridiculous some of this getting, not everything needs to be a damn controversy. Not surprised by his rant about them not having a first party game reveal for PSX, I think we all expected at least one at PS only PSX.

Either FF7R or Ni No Kuni 2 definitely should have ended the conference. Either of those would have ended the conference with the appropriate "bang".

I sure hope Colin accidentally forgot TGS lol when he was saying do only E3 and PSX otherwise he's insane lol. But I really disagree on the point anyway though, not having something in the middle like Gamescom/PGW is too long after E3 before they talk about upcoming games again, especially since TGS focuses on Japanese titles.
E3 -> PSX is way too long with no western games conference.

killroy87

Yeah.

Totally agree with Colin on how ridiculous some of this getting, not everything needs to be a damn controversy. Not surprised by his rant about them not having a first party game reveal for PSX, I think we all expected at least one at PS only PSX.

Either FF7R or Ni No Kuni 2 definitely should have ended the conference. Either of those would have ended the conference with the appropriate "bang".

I sure hope Colin accidentally forgot TGS lol when he was saying do only E3 and PSX otherwise he's insane lol. But I really disagree on the point anyway though, not having something in the middle like Gamescom/PGW is too long after E3 before they talk about upcoming games again, especially since TGS focuses on Japanese titles.

People seem to forget that negotiations happen on both sides of these reveals. Epic is a big company, with a big track record of making successful games under their belt (much bigger than Ni no Kuni). When Sony reached out to them about announcing at PSX they probably said "okay, but we either want to open or end the show, otherwise we'll announce somewhere else.

It's not always a case of devs flocking to Sony, begging to have their games announced.

People seem to forget that negotiations happen on both sides of these reveals. Epic is a big company, with a big track record of making successful games under their belt (much bigger than Ni no Kuni). When Sony reached out to them about announcing at PSX they probably said "okay, but we either want to open or end the show, otherwise we'll announce somewhere else.

It's not always a case of devs flocking to Sony, begging to have their games announced.

Good point, this could certainly be the case. I pretty much said something kind of like this in the original PSX conference thread after it ended. It felt like it could have been something like that.

Footos22

PSX is a community event for playstation fans The keynote is a bonus. E3 or whatever euro event is where you show your big guns.

prwxv3

It would be fucking stupid of Sony to only have e3 and psx. E3, GC(PGW), TGs, and psx are all strategic. E3 is for America and to have a mega audience. TGS is for the Asian markets. GC(PGS) are for the European markets. And PSX is for the fans. Sony should not plan out events just go appease the fanboy that want more megatons in a single event so they feel better. Announcments in a year need to be more spread out. The only ones that are negatively effected by this are the people with shorterm memories (the ones that think there have been very little first party announcments).

YukihiraSouma

Neo Member
I can agree somewhat with Sony not showing any new First Party announcements at PSX, since they probably want to save most of the big hitters for E3. Like it or not, E3 gets the most exposure amongst all the events. I also agree with the argument that Sony wants to go the Bethesda route and announce games closer to launch.

But what shocked me was there were no showings of the first party titles they have already announced this year, like Horizon or TLG or GT Sports. I expected a new trailer for at least one of them.

But what this does is makes me really excited for E3 2016. That event is going to bring the house down, mark my words.

KalBalboa

Banned

Yeah, I thought this too while listening. Still, a fun show. The blowhard stuff gets old quickly.

Greg talking at length about context and setting fictional expectations was a nice bit of self reflection, though. Mentioning how PSX was still a great show but not the one they'd cooked up in their heads, that kind of thing.

I do not think Sony should skip the other events. I just think poor planning from Sony on some occasions. In hindsight, they should have skipped The Last Guardian at E3. Start with Horizon, and have that be the massive opener. Keep everything the same for PGW & TGS.

Cut 30 minutes of some (for me) mediocre looking indies from PSX, and do not demo PSVR. Just talk about games for it instead. 40 minutes of fat taken from PSX. Put Final Fantasy VII in the middle of the conference. Move Paragon to a different timeslot, put CGI then 5 minute gameplay demo. End conference with The Last Guardian. That's an A+, B- (TGS), B+ (PGW), and A for PSX.

I also think they should have shown price and release date for PSVR here, with extensive demos and upcoming events afterwards. Trailers for Witness with release dates and Alienation >> 90% of the indies they showed. Whoever organized this event just did a really bad job IMO, because the content was there. Sony should have showed more than the annual MLB game from first party. It's a Sony conference, that should be a given. I completely agree with Colin that they should have shown a Sony game, but my alternative also would have come out much better. Sony does a poor job in conferences when it comes to pacing, even when they have a ton of good things to show.

DKHF

Yeah. I would have been happy with either battle system so I'm not surprised they are going with something more actiony, and we'll have to see how it actually plays since there is still a command menu on the side and it even includes "defend" which is kind of interesting.

I agree and when I was listening to that part of the episode I was thinking that there should be a conference in or around March instead of Gamescom/PGW which is between TGS and PSX. It makes more sense to me to have a quarterly conference, one in March, June, September and December. The March conference could be held at GDC even if public conferences aren't traditionally held there because it was the same with PGW until this year. Though it would make much more sense for SCE Europe to just host a conference in March (outside of an event) than GDC...

Nah LegendofDragoonLives, Last Guardian needed and deserved to be at the biggest stage which is E3, not only is it big enough for it it was one of their most desired games (wherethehellwasthelastguardian.gif and all).

I do agree they could have potentially ordered the existing content of the conference differently (maybe depending on deals as was said above) and was surprised there wasn't atleast one full first party game besides MLB.

It would be fucking stupid of Sony to only have e3 and psx. E3, GC(PGW), TGs, and psx are all strategic. E3 is for America and to have a mega audience. TGS is for the Asian markets. GC(PGS) are for the European markets. And PSX is for the fans. Sony should not plan out events just go appease the fanboy that want more megatons in a single evensocthey feel better. Announcments in a year need to be more spread out. The only ones that are negatively effected by this are the people with shorterm memories (the ones that think there have been very little first party announcments).

Agreed.

And there were still a lot of game announcements at PSX.

prwxv3

I do not think Sony should skip the other events. I just think poor planning from Sony on some occasions. In hindsight, they should have skipped The Last Guardian at E3. Start with Horizon, and have that be the massive opener. Keep everything the same for PGW & TGS.

Cut 30 minutes of some (for me) mediocre looking indies from PSX, and do not demo PSVR. Just talk about games for it instead. 40 minutes of fat taken from PSX. Put Final Fantasy VII in the middle of the conference. Move Paragon to a different timeslot, put CGI then 5 minute gameplay demo. End conference with The Last Guardian. That's an A+, B- (TGS), B+ (PGW), and A for PSX.

I also think they should have shown price and release date for PSVR here, with extensive demos and upcoming events afterwards. Trailers for Witness with release dates and Alienation >> 90% of the indies they showed. Whoever organized this event just did a really bad job IMO, because the content was there.

You have no idea how ready PSVR and those other games you mentioned are for release dates, price, or trailers.

killroy87

I also think they should have shown price and release date for PSVR here, with extensive demos and upcoming events afterwards. Trailers for Witness with release dates and Alienation >> 90% of the indies they showed. Whoever organized this event just did a really bad job IMO, because the content was there. Sony should have showed more than the annual MLB game from first party. It's a Sony conference, that should be a given. I completely agree with Colin that they should have shown a Sony game, but my alternative also would have come out much better. Sony does a poor job in conferences when it comes to pacing, even when they have a ton of good things to show.

There is 100% no benefit to them doing that. The only benefit to announcing price and release date at a conference over a press release is if the price and release date are so competitive and attractive that they'll make news. Otherwise, it serves zero tangible purpose.

Sigh.
About what I expected out of Nadine thing. I don't think they understand why people are disappointed by the decision. Yeah, games are make believe but they have real people along with real issues behind them.
The idea that Neil thinks he's going to "prove us wrong" shows he doesn't understand the issue.

Zukkoyaki

But what shocked me was there were no showings of the first party titles they have already announced this year, like Horizon or TLG or GT Sports. I expected a new trailer for at least one of them.

Having actually been at PSX, I feel like the purpose of the event was to showcase current heavy hitting releases (Battlefront, COD, etc.) and to showcase VR along with their early 2016 line-up.

Outside of a few fan-service announcements like Ni No Kuni II, Yakuza 0, and some trailers, the majority of what was shown including what was on the floor is all coming relatively soon. Hence why games like Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Street Fighter V, and Battleborn were all showcased so prominently. That's not including other popular games on the floor like Far Cry Primal and Dark Souls III which are both early 2016.

KalBalboa

Banned
Sorry, I tried Googling this and couldn't come up with it:

What's the podcast's email address again? I have a topic/question regarding PS2 games on PS4 and a lack of four-player local support.

prwxv3

PSX being a low key event (compared to e3 ect) is probably the reason why they had a live demonstration of VR. It was bad obviously but it will not hurt them as much if they did it at e3. And nearly all the VR floor demos were positive.

Sorry, I tried Googling this and couldn't come up with it:

What's the podcast's email address again? I have a topic/question regarding PS2 games on PS4 and a lack of four-player local support.

The reason you can't remember an e-mail is because there isn't one. You need to post your questions of the Kinda Funny Official forums. Go to www.kindafunny.com/psq for podcast questions and www.kindafunny.com/psm for music submissions.

You have no idea how ready PSVR and those other games you mentioned are for release dates, price, or trailers.

There is 100% no benefit to them doing that. The only benefit to announcing price and release date at a conference over a press release is if the price and release date are so competitive and attractive that they'll make news. Otherwise, it serves zero tangible purpose.
Isn't it confirmed to come out in the next 6 months?

Scientist Supreme! said:
Sigh.
About what I expected out of Nadine thing. I don't think they understand why people are disappointed by the decision. Yeah, games are make believe but they have real people along with real issues behind them.
The idea that Neil thinks he's going to "prove us wrong" shows he doesn't understand the issue.
Can you please just keep that non issue to the massive topic about it? Neil really doesn't owe you or anyone an explanation on why he picked the best VA in his vision for a fictional character.

prwxv3

Can you please just keep that non issue to the massive topic about it? Neil really doesn't owe you or anyone an explanation on why he picked the best VA in his vision for a fictional character.

Neil already gave a explanation on how it happened anyway.

Um, they talked about it in the podcast and this is the thread about this podcast.
Seems fitting to me especially since I see people talking that ps2 thing here.
Also, of course Neil doesn't owe me anything but that stop me from voicing my opinion.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Um, they talked about it in the podcast and this is the thread about this podcast.
Seems fitting to me especially since I see people talking that ps2 thing here.
Also, of course Neil doesn't owe me anything but that stop me from voicing my opinion.

Man, you really like to carry on these social issues more than gaming, in every thread that even has the slightest smidgen about it. You pounce. Starting to see more and more through your game.

More the reason you should make an OT for it, instead of having every thread be pushed into that arena.

Personal opinion but there was nothing wrong with the announcements at PSX (then again I'm a big NNK fan), the big problem was the pacing. We already have tons of games we know about coming next year and I really disagree with announcing games that are late 2017 or something like GoW/Bend probably is.

But also what I would have done is cut Dreams from E3, that announcement was totally wasted on that event. It should have been at PSX. PGW already had GT as a huge 1st party game and stuff like Detroit.

btw I think the reason Greg keeps on saying "El Diablo" instead of "El Dorado" when talking about Uncharted 1 is probably because of The Last of Us's hand cannon being called "El Diablo".

Man, you really like to carry on these social issues more than gaming, in every thread that even has the slightest smidgen about it. You pounce. Starting to see more and more through your game.

More the reason you should make an OT for it, instead of having every thread be pushed into that arena.
Wasn't trying to but they brought it up on podcast and I said my opinion just like everyone else in this thread does for whatever. Also, do you seriously think I have some "Game" ?
lol

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Wat. They event is for fans. There is much more besides the keynote. The event is not for first party announcments.

PSX is a community event for playstation fans The keynote is a bonus. E3 or whatever euro event is where you show your big guns.

The event is for the fans....who are there, not watching the keynote and if it's truly for that reason, what's the point in having a keynote speech? Shouldn't have it take place at all then.

And the even SHOULD be for first party announcements as that's why it's called PlayStation Experience. It's not a third or even second party show. It's setup by Sony and im expecting a few announcements during the keynote. Instead, it was not but shitty VR and shitty Indies. And to close with a moba??? WTF???

Love my PS4 but come on, you can't tell me they couldn't show a 5 minute demo of Sony Bend's game and whatnot. Shu himself said that he played the game back when he was with Colin and Greg a few months ago.

I love E3, Gamescom, TGS, PGW and now PSX but yeah, it's too much. I understand having and showing games that are country/region specific but PSX to me, is about the first party games. Seeing SSM help out more as an external developer with these small Indie developers that I have never heard of is a simple "smh" moment. Like really?

PGW was a better overall show as was TGS and to me, that's kind of sad because PSX should be where you really show some good stuff because that's what those who are watching want to see. I don't want to see VR and Indies. Even worse, the main Indie im interested in wasn't even there at all as far as I know (salt & sanctuary).

Also, I don't why Sony cancelled SSM's game but if it was 70% done as the rumor suggests, they should have just let them finish it and show it off. If Sony cancelled Bend's game as well then jeez, we're not seeing a damn thing from them for at least two more years. UGH.

As easy as Sony was able to catch up last gen, they screw up too much and Microsoft will do the same. Nothing is impossible.

Just show me Bend's game. Even if it sucks or I have no interest in it, at least I'll know what it is. UGH.

prwxv3

Personal opinion but there was nothing wrong with the announcements at PSX (then again I'm a big NNK fan), the big problem was the pacing. We already have tons of games we know about coming next year and I really disagree with announcing games that are late 2017 or something like GoW/Bend probably is.

But also what I would have done is cut Dreams from E3, that announcement was totally wasted on that event. It should have been at PSX. PGW already had GT as a huge 1st party game and stuff like Detroit.
After TLG and more recently U4 they are officially done with announcing things too soon.

prwxv3

The event is for the fans....who are there, not watching the keynote and if it's truly for that reason, what's the point in having a keynote speech? Shouldn't have it take place at all then.

And the even SHOULD be for first party announcements as that's why it's called PlayStation Experience. It's not a third or even second party show. It's setup by Sony and im expecting a few announcements during the keynote. Instead, it was not but shitty VR and shitty Indies. And to close with a moba??? WTF???

Love my PS4 but come on, you can't tell me they couldn't show a 5 minute demo of Sony Bend's game and whatnot. Shu himself said that he played the game back when he was with Colin and Greg a few months ago.

I love E3, Gamescom, TGS, PGW and now PSX but yeah, it's too much. I understand having and showing games that are country/region specific but PSX to me, is about the first party games. Seeing SSM help out more as an external developer with these small Indie developers that I have never heard of is a simple "smh" moment. Like really?

PGW was a better overall show as was TGS and to me, that's kind of sad because PSX should be where you really show some good stuff because that's what those who are watching want to see. I don't want to see VR and Indies. Even worse, the main Indie im interested in wasn't even there at all as far as I know (salt & sanctuary).

Also, I don't why Sony cancelled SSM's game but if it was 70% done as the rumor suggests, they should have just let them finish it and show it off. If Sony cancelled Bend's game as well then jeez, we're not seeing a damn thing from them for at least two more years. UGH.

As easy as Sony was able to catch up last gen, they screw up too much and Microsoft will do the same. Nothing is impossible.

Just show me Bend's game. Even if it sucks or I have no interest in it, at least I'll know what it is. UGH.

You have no idea how game development works or how SSm works.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

I love all five shows (E3, GC, TGS, PGW and PSX) but if they're going to skip one like they did with GC and do what they did this past PSX, I would much rather see Sony concentrate on E3 and PSX the most. And I realize that skipping GC shouldn't have happened. Instead, Sony should have skipped PGW because look at how close it was to PSX. Don't know the exact amount of weeks but going from E3 to GC and PGW to PSX seems very close in terms of the space in between shows.

I would have ended PSX with FFVIIR. Have U4 before it and Ni No Kuni 2 before U4. Ending with Ni No Kuni 2, U4 and finally FFVIIR would have been awesome because at least then, you don't feel like you wasted two hours of your time which is how I felt after the opening 15 minutes.

Disagree with the release date and price for PSVR. It's supposed to be Summer 2016 (my prediction is still September) so E3 would be the best place to announce it but they need a few good launch titles. I haven't seen a single game that gets me to even think or consider looking into a PSVR let alone actually buying one.

Alienation....im waiting for that game. That should have been shown considering it's rumored to have a March release date. Instead, it was part of the Live Cast streaming stuff which coincidently showed better stuff and gameplay than the keynote did which I think is kind of sad.

Top Bottom