• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

If there's one thing Colin's good at, it's filling holes. 😉😏

jy0YEcD.jpg

Grechy34

The PC rant was stupid and dead set amateurish by Greg and Colin. I rate both as game critics but most of what they said really rubbed me the wrong way. PC gaming is not that difficult.

If anything, it's a lock solely because it would be laughable for Sony to go another Holiday season without a flagship title. Not that they need it from a sales perspective, but it definitely gives them more to lean on.

Well I don't think it'll leave a consequential hole in the holiday lineup because:

1. Third party can do all the heavy lifting especially RPG wise through Mass Effect
2. There could be another Sony title to take that flagship slot i.e. TLG

People will be mad as hell if its delayed though!

Just wait until next week's episode, when we talk about what pizza to order for an hour and 20 minutes.

We haven't even recorded it yet, mind you. It's just an educated guess.

(In all seriousness, we were hungry. We worked all day, flew home, and had no time to eat. This is pretty much the exact podcast we've done for like eight years, and we know a vast majority of our audience not only tolerates the tangents, but loves them. So we're going to keep on keeping on the way we do our show, but we appreciate the feedback.)

Well, I really hated it because you guys gave me an insatiable wing craving at my work desk :p
Honestly though, I love the tangents because it's you and Greg just being yourselves.

The PC rant was stupid and dead set amateurish by Greg and Colin. I rate both as game critics but most of what they said really rubbed me the wrong way. PC gaming is not that difficult.

A bit harsh dude. It's their experience with PC gaming when they do dabble in that realm.
It is what it is. I'd like to think there's no need for insults.

GOOCHY

Do you guys really come to podcasts like this expecting dry, NPR-like delivery of the news? I see these "too many tangents" comments on Bombcast and 8 4 play threads too and I really can't fathom it.

If I wanted to hear two guys bullshitting about wings or whatever I could just listen to the annoying guys a couple of cubes over at my office.

If I didn't know any better (and this is to all the folks complaining about the chicken wing tangent or Colin & Greg's rants future or otherwise) it sounds like you folks were forced to listen to this section or the entire podcast for that matter. Guess what? You folks have a choice, don't listen to it.

Skip it, do whatever you need to do to avoid it. Simple enough really. Guess what I did when I had enough of Mr. Scoville over at Podcast Beyond? dropped it cold never to hear it again. Scoville can't annoy me if I choose to not listen to the podcast he's on.

Same principle applies here.

In all honesty, the only reason the wing talked bothered me was because I live in rural Vermont and can't find decent wings that doesn't necessitate an hour+ drive. Holy crap, it made me hangry.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
If I didn't know any better (and this is to all the folks complaining about the chicken wing tangent or Colin & Greg's rants future or otherwise) it sounds like you folks were forced to listen to this section or the entire podcast for that matter. Guess what? You folks have a choice, don't listen to it.

Skip it, do whatever you need to do to avoid it. Simple enough really. Guess what I did when I had enough of Mr. Scoville over at Podcast Beyond? dropped it cold never to hear it again. Scoville can't annoy me if I choose to not listen to the podcast he's on.

200.gif

Bluenoser

In all honesty, the only reason the wing talked bothered me was because I live in rural Vermont and can't find decent wings that doesn't necessitate an hour+ drive. Holy crap, it made me hangry.

For shits and giggles, I added all of their items to cart to see what the cost was. Almost $50 before tax or tip for the delivery dude. Then again, the wings are probably huge. Every time I travel to the US I'm amazed by the food portions.

Tankard

This.

There's so much hate in this thread for that or things they say some people don't agree, they are like this, Colin has always been like this, if you don't like it don't listen to it. I would like to come here to comment on the subjects from the casts but it's just too depressing every time i open this page.

Hasn't the most of Horizon's development time actually been spent in pre-production? I remember reading something about that.

Whispers of the game in 2011.

So I guess pre production was a little before 2011 up until around shipping KZ SF.
Then again, GG did split into two teams so who knows.

amnesiac

I didn't mind the wing tangent but this "Don't like? Don't listen" mentality is silly. People have a right to criticize something they enjoy.

Ya know I could be crazy but maybe just this once someone didn't care for their tangent. Could it be possible that someone just wanted to voice their opinion over one thing that didn't really work with them?

Colin can be such a troll and I fucking love it. I figured he'd pull something like this for this week's episode. He's literally mocking the folks who dislike the long rants and tangents and laughs at them.

I think this week they deliberately decided to go long at the beginning just to mess with people. They even throw shots at the PC crowd again (which that I don't agree with) let the PC folks have their fun and leave them alone.

Regarding the episode, solid one. Like the Bithell part and the story behind getting Serkis to do VO, also how Bithell and his team didn't have a financial incentive to release on Vita, he didn't say that but was strongly implied.

My boy Colin M. be like

yhB2Ehr.jpg

I listened to it during work and went to buy pizza right after, something I haven't done in months. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I see from some other previous comments, gaf is being gaf getting angry over nothing. They've always been this way for long time listeners, not sure why you're outraged. I'm in the middle of listening to the new podcast, and I now see why he insisted on not talking about PS for 18 minutes. Because of pointless whining. Colin bodying gaf members worse than Curry bodied Lebronze in Cleveland.

Colin can be such a troll and I fucking love it. I figured he'd pull something like this for this week's episode. He's literally mocking the folks who dislike the long rants and tangents and laughs at them.

I think this week they deliberately decided to go long at the beginning just to mess with people. They even throw shots at the PC crowd again (which that I don't agree with) let the PC folks have their fun and leave them alone.

Regarding the episode, solid one. Like the Bithell part and the story behind getting Serkis to do VO, also how Bithell and his team didn't have a financial incentive to release on Vita, he didn't say that but was strongly implied.

My boy Colin M. be like

yhB2Ehr.jpg

I have no issues with them going off topic, but lately it seems like Colin just has complete disdain for everything Kinda Funny. As if it's beneath him somehow.

I love their tangents. I listen to Kinda Funny (and pretty much every GT video) while I'm working, and the longer their rants and stories are, the less I have to listen to my iPod with songs I've heard literally hundreds of times before.

Also, I stand with them on their issues with PC gaming.

And with their taste in wings.

And now I want wings.

And tacos.

Karu

Also, I stand with them on their issues with PC gaming.
Ty pretty much blew away any arguments they had (Especially in regards to being able to use Controllers), it was funny. I'm a console gamer, but that was pretty obvious in my mind.

I have no issues with them going off topic, but lately it seems like Colin just has complete disdain for everything Kinda Funny. As if it's beneath him somehow.

I don't think it's that. I don't know Greg and Colin personally. But I've been listening and watching to their podcast for years. Literally years, since I was like 18 years old and I'm 26 now.

It sounds weird to say this but I feel like I know them. I think he's trolling for trolling's sake.

His attitude is probably like "we've done this for a very very long time and it hasn't changed. We know who we are and what we do, small vocal minority who doesn't like it? Bug off".

Plus Colin was going through some shit recently. He's at a better place now.

Raonak

Banned
Ty pretty much blew away any arguments they had (Especially in regards to being able to use Controllers), it was funny. I'm a console gamer, but that was pretty obvious in my mind.

Yeah, it's one of those things, I do lots of stuff on my PC (internet, gamedev, video editing) but it's consuming any kind of media (games, videos), i perfer doing it on my console.

Wagram

I don't think it's that. I don't know Greg and Colin personally. But I've been listening and watching to their podcast for years. Literally years, since I was like 18 years old and I'm 26 now.

It sounds weird to say this but I feel like I know them. I think he's trolling for trolling's sake.

It has everything to do with messaging and being courteous. The rambling aspect of the show is clearly enjoyable to some and not to others. Easy solution: time stamps for those who don't want to watch. Considering they're a show that critiques and discusses other peoples products, it's downright pathetic to see them act they way they are here. Why should anyone take them seriously if their response to legitimate feedback is trolling and doing more of what pissed people off the previous week, and intentionally I might add.

Smokey

It has everything to do with messaging and being courteous. The rambling aspect of the show is clearly enjoyable to some and not to others. Easy solution: time stamps for those who don't want to watch. Considering they're a show that critiques and discusses other peoples products, it's downright pathetic to see them act they way they are here. Why should anyone take them seriously if their response to legitimate feedback is trolling and doing more of what pissed people off the previous week, and intentionally I might add.

that award went straight to greg's head tbh

Tankard

Man, i'm so happy for Bithell that Volume is doing so well, i liked the game very much although i thought Thomas Was Alone is still his best work.

Excited to see the next step for him and his VR expansion.

Man, i'm so happy for Bithell that Volume is doing so well, i liked the game very much although i thought Thomas Was Alone is still his best work.

Excited to see the next step for him and his VR expansion.

Yea he sort of let it slip that folks who purchased Volume get a free "expansion" playable in PSVR.

Yup. I agree with this. I like listening to Greg and Colin but the last two weeks have been obnoxious with the off topic beginnings (and especially Colin's attitude about it). It's their prerogative, but I think it's pretty annoying. I've been listening to them for years and these last couple weeks have been too much for me.

killroy87

KindaFunny is at 55,000 per month and KindaFunnyGames is at 22,000 per month. So over 850,000 per year.

I think they're good.

The 55K is just for this month, they were fundraising to pay for their animated series. They encourage people to go back down when the month is over, so it should be back to 20-25.

Still, nothing to sniff at. Though remember, it's at lest 5 full time employees in San Fransisco. They ain't rich

Top Bottom