• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

If anyone does die I think it'll be Sam. I know everyone is like "Who cares if he dies?". I think we'll care as we make our way through the game with him. And it's not like we'll necessarily care about Sam himself, but more about how It affects Nathan. Bastard or not, losing any sibling would be be devastating.

So much better this week. I'm glad they took the criticism to heart and acted on it (eventually, heh).
Yeah, it was a much stronger episode due to it. Glad they exhibited some humility here, makes for a better show.

I really don't see the problem in them rambling on about planes or w.e. It's their show and it's entertaining to listen/watch regardless of whether they are on topic or not.

I disagree with that it was a better show because of this. I think people like to complain a bit too much about spilled milk.

KalBalboa

Banned
It's their show and it's entertaining to listen/watch regardless of whether they are on topic or not.

I mean, of course it is their show and all but they also put it out there for an audience to listen to and participate with. Art, entertainment, or any product you put out into the wild for mass consumption is going to be subject to criticism. In this case you also muddy those waters with Patreon support. You can't forum post that away, sorry.

I don't agree with your sentiment that it is always entertaining to listen to them ramble. I do not find it terribly entertaining to listen to people complain about airlines and decide what food they will order. My time is valuable enough for me to want to just get to what I consider the heart of the show, so even time stamps would be enough for me.

What's important to notice here is that subjectivity is key. Not everyone will feel the same way about such things, but clearly the voices were loud enough for the hosts to take the criticism to heart and work on it a bit.

If you want to listen to Colin 'n Greg goof off and ramble about non PlayStation stuff then you can seriously dive into hordes of never ending content all over their other podcasts and videos. It's out there.

killroy87

I really don't see the problem in them rambling on about planes or w.e. It's their show and it's entertaining to listen/watch regardless of whether they are on topic or not.

I disagree with that it was a better show because of this. I think people like to complain a bit too much about spilled milk.

We don't really need to get into this again. I can only speak for myself, but I never asked them to stop with the bullshit. They can talk about whatever the fuck they want. Just put time stamps in for people who don't treat every word out of their mouths as gospel.

I mean, he spelled it out. He just wants to hear about the Playstation content predominantly. Time stamps or just cutting to the chase solve that.
That isn't what I was talking about. It is the gospel part.

I am still trying to figure out when there was another time aside from the wings episode where they really went off the rails. Some of you are making it seem like they do this consistently. It was a unique situation because it was late, they were tired and hungry.

KalBalboa

Banned
That isn't what I was talking about. It is the gospel part.

... Yes. He doesn't enjoy listening to every single word out of the hosts' mouths. He comes for the PlayStation content.

Edit: we don't need to keep going over this again and again, it's kind of all in the past at this point.

I was confused by the usage of that phrase too, just because "taking every word out of their mouth as gospel" =/= "listening to everything they say", but rather it means believing everything they say as truth.

At least that's what I thought it meant.

killroy87

I was confused by the usage of that phrase too, just because "taking every word out of their mouth as gospel" =/= "listening to everything they say", but rather it means believing everything they say as truth.

At least that's what I thought it meant.

Haha, I wouldn't get too hung up about it

I don't mind the off topic discussion but the discussing what they want to eat and then ordering on the podcast was pretty awful. Anyone thats ever been in a relationship can attest to the fact that discussing what to eat is about the most dreadful, hopeless, draining conversation that can take place. Many couples that don't really fight about anything will duke it out over this topic. There is almost nothing I would rather not listen to than 2 people talk about what they are going to order for dinner. If it was like a 5 minute conversation I could let it slide but it went on and on and on. Then they ordered on the podcast, rereading the order on the podcast. It just made them seem completely oblivious. I turned it off and didn't listen to the rest. This week started off with a 15 minute conversation about nothing and it was fine because they werent ordering fucking food. Please just don't discuss what your dinner decisions might be, its really awful. It's like listening to someone talk to an accountant talk about taxes. Its awful and I don't wanna listen.

It could be much worse. It could be PS Nation podcast. That podcast goes on for 3+ hours and less than 25% of it is gaming related at all. Its possibly the worst PlayStation and maybe one of the worst gaming podcasts in existence.

vypek

I thought the opening part of the latest episode was absolutely hilarious. Really great.

I don't think someone needs to die in Uncharted but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. For a while I was thinking it might be
Nate and Elena's child (They mentioned a child in a trailer, right? Or am I remembering incorrectly? I don't even know if I have to spoil this lol
But that seems like it would be too dark.

The one thing I don't want to see in Uncharted is a character dying, or teases that a character might die. It's lazy, find a way to raise the stakes in your story that doesn't involved the death of a main character.

The one thing I don't want to see in Uncharted is a character dying, or teases that a character might die. It's lazy, find a way to raise the stakes in your story that doesn't involved the death of a main character.
Would Drake and Elena's child(ren) be considered a main character? Or maybe some daughter he didn't tell anyone about. What about an island full of sleeper cell daughters?

If they kill Drake, I don't consider that lazy. That's one of the ballsiest things that a developer can do. Think about it, how many characters as popular as Drake have been killed in games? You may have some teases or maybe they'll look like they're dying in one game and come back in the next, but I really can't think of major franchise characters actually being killed.

If anyone does die I think it'll be Sam. I know everyone is like "Who cares if he dies?". I think we'll care as we make our way through the game with him. And it's not like we'll necessarily care about Sam himself, but more about how It affects Nathan. Bastard or not, losing any sibling would be be devastating.

This.

I never came at it from this angle but I'm on board with this. Sam dying to me was always going to be trivial because I don't think there was anything ND could do to have me heavily invested in a new character which I would interact with for a 10-15 hour duration.

Especially in relation to Nate, Elena & Sully who I've followed through 3 games. But if ND can manage to get us invested in the narrative and relationship between these two brothers and have Sam die and let us witness the fallout and how it affects Nate then they may have something there.

Alternatively ND could choose to use the Cain & Abel trope and pit the Drakes against each other.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I can see it going down like this as well. End of April yet?

Tonight was the first ever live PS I Love You XOXO. It was part of their final stream in support of their animated series. The episode will probably post as usual on Tuesday. Dan Ryckert was a guest.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Shouldn't it be 'Colin and Greg's new Playstation podcast? I watch it just as much for his contributions as Greg's. It just feels a little bit disrespectful.

They are going to post the segments on youtube next week. Also Twitch auto archive if you check their channel you will see it there.

Eh, I think it'll be longer than that. As of last week they were still posting the videos from the first stream, which happened very early in January.

Fun episode with Dan last night, looking forward to listening to it in full as I missed some parts due to my internet being a potato last night.

Colin's referring to puzzle games as inherently obtuse, and his lumping of old adventure games (some of which actually were obtuse) with games like portal is disappointing to hear. There is nothing obtuse about portal or the witness.

It's appropriate that Dan is a guest, the only enthusiast I know who likes God of War lol.

Shouldn't it be 'Colin and Greg's new Playstation podcast? I watch it just as much for his contributions as Greg's. It just feels a little bit disrespectful.

Space. I wanted to add Colin, but had to choose one or the other. I didn't want the title getting cut off. The title gets the gist across, the original post has the full information regarding the podcast.

I seriously love when Dan Ryckert or Danny O'Dwyer are on. To me, they are some of the best guests they've had on Kinda Funny. I hope Danny shows up on PS I Love You XOXO soon.

Dan's a good shout, hope he is a guest soon. Cool that they brought another guest this time around.

EDIT: I generally agree with your gaming preferences Colin, but you need to hold a massive L for your hate of Final Fantasy X. Also both IX and X > VI ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) #Colinwaswrong

You're right that PS1 is the best in terms of jRPGs

How is Greg surprised that the lead is that big with PS4 and X1, dude has been covering PS for so long. Even the other journalist is confused. I remember them even saying MS had a good shot of beating Sony this gen as well which made me look at them all confused. PS1 and PS2 have always completely dominated the console race more than any other generation. PS3 even with a 200$ higher price and coming out late outsold the 360 6/7 years post release. That's on top of the idiotic pricetag, horrible PR they had for the first two years, and getting uppercut most of their main AAA exclusive 3rd parties going multiplatform last generation.

North American journalist while on point for most things seem completely dense when it comes to Sony's dominance when it comes to consoles. 5 minutes or research or a few points on gaf can educate people on it. :\ Sony would have kicked MS's ass even without their moronic decisions this generation, it just would have been a little less of a beating. Seems to be a running theme of journalists being confused why Sony is doing so well, you'd think a 13 year old from gamefaqs is giving their thoughts on this subject. Just weird seeing people that are a hell lot more knowledgeable than me like Greg when it comes to gaming by a solid margin say things like this.

How is Greg surprised that the lead is that big with PS4 and X1, dude has been covering PS for so long. Even the other journalist is confused. I remember them even saying MS had a good shot of beating Sony this gen as well which made me look at them all confused. PS1 and PS2 have always completely dominated the console race more than any other generation. PS3 even with a 200$ higher price and coming out late outsold the 360 6/7 years post release. That's on top of the idiotic pricetag, horrible PR they had for the first two years, and getting uppercut most of their main AAA exclusive 3rd parties going multiplatform last generation.

North American journalist while on point for most things seem completely dense when it comes to Sony's dominance when it comes to consoles. 5 minutes or research or a few points on gaf can educate people on it. :\ Sony would have kicked MS's ass even without their moronic decisions this generation, it just would have been a little less of a beating. Seems to be a running theme of journalists being confused why Sony is doing so well, you'd think a 13 year old from gamefaqs is giving their thoughts on this subject. Just weird seeing people that are a hell lot more knowledgeable than me like Greg when it comes to gaming by a solid margin say things like this.

in the US the console race is probably relatively close. MS absolutely would have a lead in the US if they hadn't messed up the initial reveal and marketing for the xbone. here in the US, marketing-wise, anecdotally, etc the gap doesn't seem that wide at all. so it's not a huge shock to hear someone be surprised about that, especially when they obviously don't care about sales data that much other than colin. also, relax with the insults, not everyone stares at sales data all day

anyway, show as awesome. i love dan

in the US the console race is probably relatively close. MS absolutely would have a lead in the US if they hadn't messed up the initial reveal and marketing for the xbone. here in the US, marketing-wise, anecdotally, etc the gap doesn't seem that wide at all. so it's not a huge shock to hear someone be surprised about that, especially when they obviously don't care about sales data that much other than colin. also, relax with the insults, not everyone stares at sales data all day

anyway, show as awesome. i love dan
I didn't even look at stats other than once every 18 months before this gen started. They may have led by a million or two at most and that's being nice. I'm not talking about US, I'm talking about worldwide. It was pretty evident what would happen after seeing Sony's first conference where they didn't do something really dumb as they did last gen.

GOOCHY

Good God, Colin - calm down about the food talk already. You're taking it way, way farther than anybody on NeoGAF is.

Smokey

Good God, Colin - calm down about the food talk already. You're taking it way, way farther than anybody on NeoGAF is.

Hes pretty much into his feelings. Like I said earlier don't get mad that people don't wanna waste time in their day to hear you order wings. It was already talked about here plenty.

But by all means keep being passive aggressive!

Top Bottom