• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

I didn't even look at stats other than once every 18 months before this gen started. They may have led by a million or two at most and that's being nice. I'm not talking about US, I'm talking about worldwide. It was pretty evident what would happen after seeing Sony's first conference where they didn't do something really dumb as they did last gen.

well aren't you just the nostradamus of sales. good for you buddy

How is Greg surprised that the lead is that big with PS4 and X1, dude has been covering PS for so long. Even the other journalist is confused.

Because, as with so many other American journalists, they can't look outside of their own borders. The PS4 is absolutely decimating the Xbox One in parts of Europe, and that's why the gap is so big.

I hope Colin doesn't think we were being vicious. It was just some constructive criticism.
And some outright slander, but only to Greg.

Gusto

F*ck yeah, Dirty Dan Ryckert, Greg and Colin! When Dan is there they can derail all the time. I kid, they can talk about whatever they want.

Colin...dude. We don't mind off topic discussion when it's interesting. Why do you think people didn't like when you ordered wings for 20 minutes? Because it was fucking awful to listen to. It's common sense really. Your attitude about it on the show each week is incredibly off-putting.

Mezoly

An undermentioned fact is that when the PS3 released, it outsold xbox360 worldwide every year. However, the narrative continued to be that PS3 is/was losing because it was losing only in the US and UK. I realize that compared to PS2, PS3 lost market share but it still was beating 360 every year. The PlayStation brand is huge worldwide.

killroy87

This must have been recorded literally the day before Bethesda announced their E3 conference. Both Colin and Greg said "Bethesda won't have another conference this year" haha

TheHumanoid

Neo Member
Stop complaining about the off topic discussions, it's not that serious!! For the love of all that is good and holy, it's a freaking podcast. Jesus Christ. I hope they talk about pigeons or something for an hour next time

Rival

Gold Member
Stop complaining about the off topic discussions, it's not that serious!! For the love of all that is good and holy, it's a freaking podcast. Jesus Christ. I hope they talk about pigeons or something for an hour next time

I'd kind of like them to time stamp the news at the beginning and then when people go to that time they are ordering food again. I think that would be "kinda funny"

Smokey

or...what?

going to come in next week and say the same thing?

lol

Mikey Jr.

I'd kind of like them to time stamp the news at the beginning and then when people go to that time they are ordering food again. I think that would be "kinda funny"

I personally don't care, but why even start the podcast? Finish ordering the food, THEN start the podcast?

Doesn't bother me regardless, I usually fast forward through that stuff.

Wut? Colin's the one who brought it up, we're just responding to it.

well aren't you just the nostradamus of sales. good for you buddy
pat-on-back.jpg

I have this at home, very effective for my confidence ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What a terrible post. Yeah guys, don't voice any criticism because it's just a podcast. In fact, why bother talking about games because they're just freaking games. Many people gave the 20 minute food talk episode a bad review...on a discussion forum. Then Colin constantly bringing it up each week and being passive aggressive is why it keeps coming up here again. Off topic discussion is fine...when it's interesting. When it's awful, not so much.

They have another youtube channel where they can talk for hours about ordering food and whatnot.

Yes, they can do whatever they want, but the listeners can also say when it's not good. The fact that Colin keeps bringing it up every time is honestly quite irritating. It's like we must like their off topic talk about ordering food.

Kasper

I actually liked the food ordering and found it entertaining, but the comments from Colin about the whole debacle every week since then is starting to get really annoying. Skimming through the thread it's not like anyone were all that bad regarding the subject even.

Sure, there have been people in the past that have been downright vicious towards Colin and Greg, but I don't feel that was really on display here, so I wonder if Colin was speaking about this specific incident or in general. Because if he really was referring to this specific case, then I guess any sort of criticism towards them is considered vicious, no matter how it's put.

I love Dan, put him on every podcast in the world.
Hmm? He didn't say anything remotely interesting this entire podcast. His take on the witness was particularly annoying because I'm sure Jonathan Blow put a lot of thought and effort into the themes and tone of the game, and he's just like "screw all that give me the puzzles". Meh, didn't vibe with him at all.

Lovely episode, was nice having Dan on the podcast, gonna have a double dose with Bombcast to follow!

Colin still thinks he'll have fun with Division solo.
Ha, the way I was getting wrecked in the DZ on the last day of the beta I think he's in for a surprise.

Shocking the number of grouped douche bags that'll take you out just before extraction.

I actually liked the food ordering and found it entertaining, but the comments from Colin about the whole debacle every week since then is starting to get really annoying. Skimming through the thread it's not like anyone were all that bad regarding the subject even.

Sure, there have been people in the past that have been downright vicious towards Colin and Greg, but I don't feel that was really on display here, so I wonder if Colin was speaking about this specific incident or in general. Because if he really was referring to this specific case, then I guess any sort of criticism towards them is considered vicious, no matter how it's put.
think he was talking about overall, and sometimes people on GAF are really nasty and rude, I' don't think he's being unreasonable, in fact he seems to be making light of it in each show. Actions speak louder than words as well, and they've been getting into the news more quickly since.

Lnkn52

Lovely episode, was nice having Dan on the podcast, gonna have a double dose with Bombcast to follow!

Ha, the way I was getting wrecked in the DZ on the last day of the beta I think he's in for a surprise.

Shocking the number of grouped douche bags that'll take you out just before extraction.

I was shocked to hear that he didn't play the beta.

dugdug

Banned
Haven't listened to a full episode in weeks cause they've all kicked off with Colin yelling about internet comments. Let me know when he's over it.

Vinc

I love when Colin talks about video game history and how lucky we were to grow up as games were blowing up, or how today's gamers grow up and come to define video games in a different way than we do. That's a subject I think about all the time. There are many little "food for thought" gems in this podcast sometimes.

KalBalboa

Banned
Haven't listened to a full episode in weeks cause they've all kicked off with Colin yelling about internet comments. Let me know when he's over it.

Yeah, he's got to grow some thicker skin and move on.

Like someone else just posted, though, actions speak louder than words and they've been doing a great job with the format lately.

Colin...dude. We don't mind off topic discussion when it's interesting. Why do you think people didn't like when you ordered wings for 20 minutes? Because it was fucking awful to listen to. It's common sense really. Your attitude about it on the show each week is incredibly off-putting.

Then don't listen, bruh.

D i Z

He won't need to play the DZ to get what he wants out of the game. The story (as we know it) is in the PvE areas.

Then don't listen, bruh.

How long did it take to come up with such an impenetrable come back to that bit of criticism?

He won't need to play the DZ to get what he wants out of the game. The story (as we know it) is in the PvE areas.

How long did it take to come up with such an impenetrable come back to that bit of criticism?

Took about 2 seconds because I couldn't care less about the integrity of the comment. How does that sound?

Ohh God, another person that asks ND to make an open world game. I'm wonrdering if people that love open world games are social degens... How do you even have time to do the same thing over and over for several games? Especially now that many AAA games are open world.

As to answer the question, I hope not. That's a horrible suggestion. ND specializes in their games having great pacing, fantastic characters, and tight story. Two of those aspects will immediately get affected negatively. Open linear game to a more broad version of TLOU which is what U4 looks to be sounds fine for me, but pure open world is just a terrible idea. It's the one field that is greatly oversatured, even more so than FPS were last gen for the first 60-70% of its life cycle.

200.gif

Solid episode as usual. They harp on PSN enough but I wished the Topic of the Show would have been fleshed out a little more.

Online play isn't free like it use to be last gen on PS3 which is why I personally would hardly complain. It was free and I got what I paid for (nothing)

This time around it's different. PSN goes down for maintenance, it goes down due to DoS attacks etc. Sony really just needs to fix it.

Solid episode as usual. They harp on PSN enough but I wished the Topic of the Show would have been fleshed out a little more.

Online play isn't free like it use to be last gen on PS3 which is why I personally would hardly complain. It was free and I got what I paid for (nothing)

This time around it's different. PSN goes down for maintenance, it goes down due to DoS attacks etc. Sony really just needs to fix it.
Even so, getting money from PS+ wouldn't instantly fix everything. Especially if the problems are as deep as they seem. I agree they need to be fixed but I don't think it is as simple as "Okay, we have more money. Problem is fixed!".

Even so, getting money from PS+ wouldn't instantly fix everything. Especially if the problems are as deep as they seem. I agree they need to be fixed but I don't think it is as simple as "Okay, we have more money. Problem is fixed!".

I apologize, maybe I didn't articulate my post as I should have. It wasn't meant to come across as " hey Sony this is a paid service so the money coming in should be used to fix issues with PSN"

It was more like "hey Sony, this is a paid service and as a customer I have an expectation that it'll work flawlessly or close to it"

I posted this image in another thread regarding PSN

6CFJ31S.jpg

I think it captures what the back end of PSN is like. Very unorganized spaghetti code, no one knows how to fix things and systems so inextricably linked that a removal of one system will break down another which would explain why they shut the network down during maintenance.

Arzehn

Doesn't soundcloud go up before youtube normally? I need my mp3.

Edit: Nevermind, it's under Tracks, and not All for some reason.

Is it just me or does it seem like Colin has been depressed lately? He sounds unhappy and goes on rants about little things at the drop of a hat.

I do agree with him that publishers should explore the middle range of game pricing more. It'd be nice to see the full spectrum used. I am totally expecting No Man's Sky to be a full $60 game with how long it's been hyped.

GOOCHY

Mid-range pricing definitely needs to be explored more. Not every game needs to be a 20+ hour affair that justifies the 60 bucks. Infamous: Second Son is a prime example - cut the price to 40 and cut the game in half and it's probably going to be paced right and priced right too.

Is it just me or does it seem like Colin has been depressed lately? He sounds unhappy and goes on rants about little things at the drop of a hat.

I do agree with him that publishers should explore the middle range of game pricing more. It'd be nice to see the full spectrum used. I am totally expecting No Man's Sky to be a full $60 game with how long it's been hyped.

Funny thing is he is doing way better than a couple of months ago.

Sometimes it does bum me out though that their game taste has been merging since IGN. Or rather that now if one says they aren't interested in a game the other is much more likely to write it off and move on. And I'm definitely noticing much more now how they seemingly go into a game expecting not to like it for some reason, play a hour, and then delete it and move on. And when 2/2 people do that we lost their interesting opinions on a lot of these games.

Also hell no to Uncharted/TLOU being open world.

Top Bottom