• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Raven117

I feel like the statute of limitations on TLoU spoilers is up.

Three years? Yeah, it is.

I can understanding not wanting to spoil a game that first comes out. IMO, a solid 6 months of being cautious about spoilers.

After that, its your own damn fault. If you didnt' care enough about wanting to play the game to begin with, then you shouldn't care about the spoiler.

Its just another avenue of people wanting to feel "special" and have everyone else cater to their needs.

Colin’s ND piece is still one for the best things I’ve ever read at IGN.

And the crazy thing is it was never really finished. I was bummed that he never got to chronicle their history up to TLOU. At this point, I doubt anyone will be able to do so for years, as the post-TLOU, pre-UC4 drama would probably be too tricky to tiptoe around.

And the crazy thing is it was never really finished. I was bummed that he never got to chronicle their history up to TLOU. At this point, I doubt anyone will be able to do so for years, as the post-TLOU, pre-UC4 drama would probably be too tricky to tiptoe around.
I wish he would finish it as a freelancer. I kind of agree with 2 other posters who said it would be nice if the 3rd chair is a bit more busy, even though today's show was really great.

Another good episode from the boys but I'm a little concerned about how flippant they were about people worrying about their hard drive space just deleting and redownloading games.

I play with a small group of friends on PSN from Tennessee and one guy in particular, Lee has gone fully digital. But in some rural areas here in the US internet speeds are so atrocious it takes him days to download stuff.

Greg & Colin some people don't have fast enough internet to just delete a game and download it on a whim.

Besides that little nitpick solid episode.

KalBalboa

Banned
Cherry picking one 7-2 court vote to defend Scalia... and opening the episode with it.

Eesh.

Not going to entertain an argument on this subject. That was just a strange, forced bit to open on for a Playstation themed podcast.

Karu

Cherry picking one 7-2 court vote to defend Scalia... and opening the episode with it.

Eesh.
It was the hook to justify his appearence on the podcast (kotaku news) and he said he didn't agree with him on social issues.

Seeing absolutely no problem at all here.

KalBalboa

Banned
Listening now... hope they address that AC's problems run way deeper than repetitiveness and glitches.

I always loved them championing Infamous as an unsung better when compared to Assassin's Creed in terms of traversal and such. I always had the same perspective when comparing the two franchises.

LifEndz

Eesh.

Not going to entertain an argument on this subject. That was just a strange, forced bit to open on for a Playstation themed podcast.

I felt the same. I immediately turned off the podcast and I'm not sure I'm coming back. Colin's been interjecting politics in video game podcasts for awhile now, so much so that I've heard his "my dad was a NYC firefighter so I can say what I want" re: 9/11 line a few times. But to open the podcast with that? Really was off-putting to me.

Eesh.

I felt the same. I immediately turned off the podcast and I'm not sure I'm coming back. Colin's been interjecting politics in video game podcasts for awhile now, so much so that I've heard his "my dad was a NYC firefighter so I can say what I want" re: 9/11 line a few times. But to open the podcast with that? Really was off-putting to me.

Are you guys for real? Big friggin' deal that they said one thing politically focused. I was fully on board with criticizing the 20 minutes of discussion about ordering food and Colin's bad attitude about criticism...but this seems like a bit much.

lol talk about being overdramatic to the two posters above.

zsynqx said:
When Uncharted 4 is out I hope they get Neil and Bruce on.
This would be amazing if it happened. Give me a 2 hour session. I think it would be interesting if they did half the show without discussing any spoilers, and one with it since I'm presuming they have the interview after Colin & Greg finish it.

despire

Lol did you even listen to what he said right afterwards?

Quonny

"An important man that sided with the gamer community years back passed away, and I think it's worth mentioning. [30 second discussion] And now totottototototots"

"wow fuck this podcast im unsubscribing stop shoving politics down our throats"

I didn't find anything wrong with brief news item regarding Justice Scalia's passing; I had never heard the full account the majority opinion for the video game ruling, and found it very interesting.

One thing I've got to get on Colin's case about, is since Bethesda announced their E3 show this year, he's said a few times how he's expecting something new from Machine Games. I feel like it's far too early for this; the New Order came out summer 2014, and the Old Blood was released less then a year ago. I think their next full game won't be announced until at earliest 2017.

"An important man that sided with the gamer community years back passed away, and I think it's worth mentioning. [30 second discussion] And now totottototototots"

pIrn7a4.jpg

The vitriol against Greg and Colin (Colin specifically) is getting a little too much for my taste.

Some folks need to temper it down some what.

Yeah the mention of this judge or whatever he was, was fine. A lot of Americans around here seem very afraid of the right wing, which I guess I can understand since, in the US, that means George Bush and Donald Trump.
The problem is when Colin goes way too long about US politics where most of his listeners probably aren't American. They might as well be speaking a foreign language, it's not interesting, and I don't care.
But the 20 seconds or so dedicated to this guy was just fine.

The vitriol against Greg and Colin (Colin specifically) is getting a little too much for my taste.

Some folks need to temper it down some what.

Nah it's fine.

Haha, yep. If they dedicated like half an hour to it, fair enough.

Really enjoyed the podcast this week. Agree with Colin on Assassin's Creed. I liked the first couple of games but it's got really stale and needs some kind of revamp.

dugdug

Banned
Another good episode from the boys but I'm a little concerned about how flippant they were about people worrying about their hard drive space just deleting and redownloading games.

I play with a small group of friends on PSN from Tennessee and one guy in particular, Lee has gone fully digital. But in some rural areas here in the US internet speeds are so atrocious it takes him days to download stuff.

Greg & Colin some people don't have fast enough internet to just delete a game and download it on a whim.

Besides that little nitpick solid episode.

To be fair, why would you choose to go digital-only if you have poor internet speeds? Like, a digital only future is a sure bet, but, you don't have to do it right now.

I didn't find anything wrong with brief news item regarding Justice Scalia's passing; I had never heard the full account the majority opinion for the video game ruling, and found it very interesting.

One thing I've got to get on Colin's case about, is since Bethesda announced their E3 show this year, he's said a few times how he's expecting something new from Machine Games. I feel like it's far too early for this; the New Order came out summer 2014, and the Old Blood was released less then a year ago. I think their next full game won't be announced until at earliest 2017.

I disagree.

New Order came out 2 years ago. The Old Blood is DLC.

They should honestly be well into the dev cycle for their next game.

Eesh.

Colin is just a contrarian. Of course he'd mention something good about Scalia.

But it doesn't matter, that's not why I listen.

Bolivar687

Banned
I just wanted to say Colin's news summary of Scalia was very tasteful and appropriate. It's not Kotaku-news, as he really did leave an impact on gaming at an important historical crossroads. While his clerks likely helped write the opinion, he was the best positioned member of the court to handle it. Like many others, I used to detest Scalia for not sharing the social views I used to hold in my adolescence. But somewhere in the middle of law school, I came to realize few justices have fought as hard to preserve American civil liberties and privacy rights than Justice Scalia, especially in the age of the Internet and other emerging technology. And while he may oppose certain issues personally, he only did so within his professional capacity in session. The dirty little secret in the legal community is that Scalia was right most of the time.

Props as always to Colin for doing what he does, because it needs to be done. The greater narrative of gaming's history needs to be preserved and people should embrace that controversial figures are more complicated than they might think.

To be fair, why would you choose to go digital-only if you have poor internet speeds? Like, a digital only future is a sure bet, but, you don't have to do it right now.

His nearest GameStop or Walmart is about an hour and a half away. I should have mentioned that sorry.

DKHF

I think when UC4 comes out KF will have a spoilercast with Colin, Greg and Tim, an hour long (mostly spoiler) discussion with Druckmann and/or Straley and maybe one of them will go on the Gamescast.

BruceCLea

Banned

are you for real? you must be unbearable

Raven117

I just wanted to say Colin's news summary of Scalia was very tasteful and appropriate. It's not Kotaku-news, as he really did leave an impact on gaming at an important historical crossroads. While his clerks likely helped write the opinion, he was the best positioned member of the court to handle it. Like many others, I used to detest Scalia for not sharing the social views I used to hold in my adolescence. But somewhere in the middle of law school, I came to realize few justices have fought as hard to preserve American civil liberties and privacy rights than Justice Scalia, especially in the age of the Internet and other emerging technology. And while he may oppose certain issues personally, he only did so within his professional capacity in session. The dirty little secret in the legal community is that Scalia was right most of the time.

Props as always to Colin for doing what he does, because it needs to be done. The greater narrative of gaming's history needs to be preserved and people should embrace that controversial figures are more complicated than they might think.

Ah, my brotha. As a fellow J.D. Holder, I cannot agree with this post enough. Scalia, Ginsberg and Roberts were/are the most prolific, dynamic, and flat out smartest justices on the Court.

Its easy to say Scalia was simply a conservative shrill, but, his opinions (as with RGB's and Roberts) are nuanced and much more complex than the average citizen, hell the average lawyer, even picks up on with a cursory reading.

Regardless of how what a person things of Scalia, the Court is weaker without him.

Ye Americans, so dramatic about everything.

The comments about Scalia are fine, Colin simply brought attention to the fact that sometimes games come under attack by overzealous legislation, and that Scalia as a part of the entire Supreme Court protected consumers and the gaming community as a whole, a decision that likely safeguarded the industry for years to come. Also, it's important to note that a lot of their audience is young and politically uninformed, so they might not have been aware of Scalia's passing. It was short, and it was fairly topical. I didn't agree with Scalia much either, but he still was a Supreme Court justice deserving of respect, and they tied it into gaming enough to justify it. Much, much better than talking about wings ;)

Portugeezer

KF provides personality driven content.

Colin's personality = politics and being blunt.

Can't say I had any issues with it, it didn't last very long at all... now, ordering wings and shooting shit for 20 minutes before podcast (note, the issue is the length of time)... now that's annoying, which they weren't this week.

Good god really? All he did was mention how the guy voted on a landmark video game ruling. No matter what side of the political spectrum you fall on it seemed topical and interesting without forcing anybodies political ideologies on you.

Bolivar687

Banned
Ah, my brotha. As a fellow J.D. Holder, I cannot agree with this post enough. Scalia, Ginsberg and Roberts were/are the most prolific, dynamic, and flat out smartest justices on the Court.

Its easy to say Scalia was simply a conservative shrill, but, his opinions (as with RGB's and Roberts) are nuanced and much more complex than the average citizen, hell the average lawyer, even picks up on with a cursory reading.

Regardless of how what a person things of Scalia, the Court is weaker without him.

Thank you brother, good to come across another jurist on GAF. Totally with you on your assessment, we can't emphasize enough what a loss this is to American jurisprudence.

KalBalboa

Banned
Good god really? All he did was mention how the guy voted on a landmark video game ruling.

That's just factually incorrect. Colin went out of his way to talk about the response to Scalia's death and call out people he perceives as cowards. It wasn't just a brief mention of that one case, sorry.

Scalia's ties to video games are the thinnest imaginable. The vote brought up in the opening of the podcast was a 7:2 one, not exactly a "12 Angry Men" level situation, and seemed to be done just for venting purposes on the podcast.

You can label me an over reactor if that helps reduce any criticism I had with the segment. I'm not exactly pushing for a boycott as much as I'm pointing out how weird it was to listen to. There's a reason Colin himself gave pause and mentioned he knew some people wouldn't have been happy about him breaching the subject. There's no need to label any criticism of the talking point as hyperbolic if you're trying to be an adult here.

Colin is just a contrarian. Of course he'd mention something good about Scalia.

Pretty much.

I think it's fine to be a little upset about Scalia mention based off some his LGBT comments.

This is important. Scalia was controversial for a few key reasons. Trying to make him seem heroic in the opening moments of a video game themed podcast was, again, questionable.

Why is it that each episode of the giant bombcast gets its own thread but episodes for this don't?

I don't think this show generates as many posts per episode, does it?

killroy87

Why is it that each episode of the giant bombcast gets its own thread but episodes for this don't?

Those threads run much deeper than just a love for a podcast, they stem for our general love for Giant Bomb in general. There's no real other gaming site/publication/whatever that has a similar fan base on Gaf as Giant Bomb.

Top Bottom