• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Hmmm. Unless Hello Games has said otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if NMS did eventually come to XB1. As for the Kojima game, it's Sony published, so that won't happen. The only way I can see people playing Kojima's game on XB1 is if Microsoft makes a way to stream all PC games to XB1.
I thought NMS was being published by Sony as well.

Portugeezer

Did Greg not listen to Kevins interview? Did he miss the "I'll probably be saying too much" part? So either, Sean Murray didn't want to say too much about VR and spoil the surprise, or he didn't want to say too much and get peoples hopes up. Either way, it was a pretty open ended response.

I personally don't think it will come to PS VR, who knows about PC, but if it's not they should just fucking say it's not by now because peoples have been speculating for years that NMS will be a VR compatible game. The reluctance to deny it gives me some hope that it will come to VR some day. I am sceptical if it could run on PS VR anyway, maybe with Sony's help I guess.

Macafferty is a joke imo, raging fanboy acting as a journalist.

Mcaffrey is getting better, but yeah he is a fanboy and then makes remarks about other fanboys on twitter. pot kettle something something.

jacobeid

Banned
Mcaffrey is getting better, but yeah he is a fanboy and then makes remarks about other fanboys on twitter. pot kettle something something.

I don't think McCaffrey is a "raging fanboy" but pretty much nothing truly objective leaves his tongue.

This week was a good episode, if you know what I mean.

I thought NMS was being published by Sony as well.

Maybe the PS4 version is. Maybe their Third Party Productions is involved. For instance, they co-published Borderlands 2 on Vita (the first game they were involved with). Clearly Borderlands is not a Sony IP, but they helped publish that particular version. On Steam, No Man's Sky is developed and published by Hello Games. So, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Sony logo with the PS4 version of game (just remember, at that point, it won't say Sony Computer Entertainment presents anymore because of the PlayStation structure change).

Portugeezer

I don't think McCaffrey is a "raging fanboy" but pretty much nothing truly objective leaves his tongue.

This week was a good episode, if you know what I mean.

I listen because I still like to get some Xbox news, didn't see anything out of the ordinary, you know what I mean?

AmuroChan

Hmmm. Unless Hello Games has said otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if NMS did eventually come to XB1. As for the Kojima game, it's Sony published, so that won't happen. The only way I can see people playing Kojima's game on XB1 is if Microsoft makes a way to stream all PC games to XB1.

If Sony didn't have the game locked down on the console-side, they'd have introduce it as a console debut in their conferences and not a console exclusive, the same terminology they use for SFV.

"No Man's Sky is a space exploration adventure that Sony picked up as a console exclusive."

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/16/8793657/no-mans-sky-launching-simultaneously-for-pc-and-ps4

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Are all squashes (and gourds?) fruits?

The whole taxonomy we have is confusing.

Yes. Even cucumbers.

According to botanists (those who study plants) a fruit is the part of the plant that develops from a flower. It's also the section of the plant that contains the seeds. The other parts of plants are considered vegetables. These include the stems, leaves and roots — and even the flower bud.

The following are technically fruits: avocado, beans, peapods, corn kernels, cucumbers, grains, nuts, olives peppers, pumpkin, squash, sunflower seeds and tomatoes. Vegetables include celery (stem), lettuce (leaves), cauliflower and broccoli (buds), and beets, carrots and potatoes (roots).

From a culinary standpoint, vegetables are less sweet — or more savory — and served as part of the main dish. Fruits are more sweet and tart and are most often served as a dessert or snack. Both fruits and vegetables can be made into juice for a refreshing beverage. Some fruits are "grains" or "nuts" or "seeds" — and are served accordingly.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...-blog/fruit-vegetable-difference/bgp-20056141

I just randomly watched a podcast beyond episode, just to see if how different it is now, without Colin and greg...

Idk if I just got lucky but this episode is pretty funny. Mainly bcuz of the ham

https://youtu.be/qpPljX9NB4I

I have been keeping up with it somewhat. Alanah was just added on a few weeks ago then missed a couple weeks then she has been on for a couple weeks. I liked this weeks lineup the most of Marty, Goldfarb and her.

I like Max and Brian ( I feel like I am in the minority on that) but I feel like they are better elsewhere. I would love to see Jared come back to Beyond

Alanah is dope, I like her a lot.

PS I love you is of course, my podcast of choice, but I think episodes have been lacking recently. Not anyone's fault, but there hasn't been too much actual news to talk about so we've been visiting semi-philosophical questions around games a lot, and if you know C&G their perspectives are kinda obvious. I look forward to things picking up though

Gusto

PS I love you is of course, my podcast of choice, but I think episodes have been lacking recently. Not anyone's fault, but there hasn't been too much actual news to talk about so we've been visiting semi-philosophical questions around games a lot, and if you know C&G their perspectives are kinda obvious. I look forward to things picking up though

I thought I was alone there for a minute. It's weird, during the middle of the pod I almost turned it off. I've never felt that way with Giant Bomb's podcast. I also find it strange that I could listen to the Beastcast or Bombcast talk about anything non-gaming and I can't say the same for these guys.

I have been keeping up with it somewhat. Alanah was just added on a few weeks ago then missed a couple weeks then she has been on for a couple weeks. I liked this weeks lineup the most of Marty, Goldfarb and her.

I like Max and Brian ( I feel like I am in the minority on that) but I feel like they are better elsewhere. I would love to see Jared come back to Beyond

This. Last podcast was a playstation one, with Max and Brian it becomes an irritating joke-a-thon. Can't stand it anymore honestly. I also like Max and Brian, but those two together is just not something for a podcast. They should have a host who keeps it on track.

And am I the only one who stops listening when brapit fire begins? Are that many people interested in what cheese they like?

Roussow

After Colin was talking about the "lazy writing" comment, and Amy Hennig being anything but lazy, I have to wonder; does this matter at all. Say the story in Uncharted doesn't come across as anything wholly original to the player, the fact that Amy Hennig read a book on pirates doesn't really matter. It reminds me of the whole Boyhood thing, where a lot of responses to critique were "it took 12 years to make, though". Or The Revenant, where people would say "Leo ate a raw fish, they used all natural light, they shot in freezing conditions", as if that barometer qualifies quality.

Now I'm kind of playing devils advocate here, I love Uncharted, and really like Boyhood and The Revenant. But I was just wondering what everyone thought of this.

This. Last podcast was a playstation one, with Max and Brian it becomes an irritating joke-a-thon. Can't stand it anymore honestly. I also like Max and Brian, but those two together is just not something for a podcast. They should have a host who keeps it on track.

And am I the only one who stops listening when brapit fire begins? Are that many people interested in what cheese they like?

Yeah they have their Up at Noon show which I have yet to watch but I had found myself go more towards Game Scoop since there were people on that I could listen to and they actually take about games.

I would love if they moved forward with Alanah, Marty and Goldfarb. Maybe a rotating 4th.

I thought I was alone there for a minute. It's weird, during the middle of the pod I almost turned it off. I've never felt that way with Giant Bomb's podcast. I also find it strange that I could listen to the Beastcast or Bombcast talk about anything non-gaming and I can't say the same for these guys.

I mean, I love the guys, patreon supporter and everything. But, there's so much time being poured into 'if you don't like a game, don't play it!' And trying to tell me how to enjoy the medium rather than well, just talking PlayStation. I know the guys look here every so often so I feel bad saying this when I love their content so much.
I hope they can secure some guests for the future. Brandon Jones was awesome on the gamescast, would like to have him there as a guest and less a "this is who I am/what I do" kind of thing

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
On the topic of Podcast Beyond, I began rewatching again and I enjoy it. Max and Brian go off topic a lot, but it's not too bad. Alannah is a good addition.

PSILY is still my podcast of choice.

Gusto

I mean, I love the guys, patreon supporter and everything. But, there's so much time being poured into 'if you don't like a game, don't play it!' And trying to tell me how to enjoy the medium rather than well, just talking PlayStation. I know the guys look here every so often so I feel bad saying this when I love their content so much.
I hope they can secure some guests for the future. Brandon Jones was awesome on the gamescast, would like to have him there as a guest and less a "this is who I am/what I do" kind of thing

I'm with you man, I totally dig Colin and Greg. I've met these dudes at E3, PSX and at VGX and every time they're super nice. Maybe they just need some new segments, I really can't stand their worst PlayStation names segment. Bring back the occasional rotating chair. I'd love to hear the Gurst or Shoemaker on their show. Kinda like a X (cross) show.

DKHF

This week's episode of Beyond was good, mainly because of the cast. When it's Max and Brian together and they're constantly trying to be funny it can take away from some good discussions. When they're not together they add a lot more.

If there is any segment of PSILY I would get rid of it would be when they go over that week's releases and for a lot of the games they have nothing to say about them. I would prefer more time be dedicated to the news and reader mail instead.

I think i said largely the same thing in another thread about the new beyond. I like Brian a lot, but his style and brand of humor (and general lack of seriousness) only works in specific scenarios on these podcasts. I don't even listen to beyond anymore because of him and Max together.

PS I love you on the other hand is awesome. Way too much criticism of the show here on GAF, intentional or not

From the NMS Preview thread:

RWMrVcj.jpg

Kevin looks so precious sitting on the far right.

Myggen

If there is any segment of PSILY I would get rid of it would be when they go over that week's releases and for a lot of the games they have nothing to say about them. I would prefer more time be dedicated to the news and reader mail instead.

Agree with you there.

timmyp53

Agree with you there.

I feel like the same way as well. The Playstation Blogcast does the same thing too. I guess it's something you have as filler. Comes in handy when there are games they know in there.

Did you guys catch the PS BLOGCAST this week? Features Colin and Greg during 200 episode milestone.

Xiao Hu

Funny, it's the complete opposite for me. I find Giant Bomb cringeworthyly boring mainly because tedious off topic segments.

Gusto

Funny, it's the complete opposite for me. I find Giant Bomb cringeworthyly boring mainly because tedious off topic segments.

Maybe it's and age thing, I'm a pretty old dooder. Not talking crap, but I noticed majority of the PSX Beyond crowd was teens to mid twenties. I felt so strange being amongst all the kiddos. I even feel a bit strange, being an old dooder still posting on GAF.

JTripper

I would listen to a podcast of ya boy Colin M. just spitting whatever comes to his mind in a stream of consciousness while perpetually waiting for Greg to return

Curufinwe

I like them on the Comedy Button and they're the reason I started listening to Beyond. The other male hosts are why I stopped listening.

I liked the addition of the Aussie lady a lot, but I just couldn't deal with Sliva and Goldfarb.

For this type of stuff the worst IGN has had was Audrey Drake. Listen to those old episodes of Nintendo Voice Chat, she was unbearable. She almost seemed to take it personally if someone wasn't glowing about Nintendo.
McCaffery has been pretty bad too, but I think he's come along way. Either that or I'm paying much less attention.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Colin's solo monologue about the UPS man was brilliant.

"I don't know what it means to be the waterman"

*Door knocks*

Collin and Greg check the peep hole

Greg: "Its a guy with a gun!"
Collin: ".....Did you pay the water bill?"
Greg: "......."
Collin: "DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU"VE DONE!?"

Another great episode. The guys seemed REALLY enthusiastic throughout the entire thing, more than usual. Maybe it was just me, but they seemed really into it this week aha

Top Bottom