• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

The play-by-play had me laughing as I drove home...

So perfect, nailed it Colin.

It was his eerily calm voice and sort of stream of consciousness. For something that was improvised, he didn't stumble over anything. If Colin ever wanted to, he could do a play-by-play in his favorite sport hockey, in which the commentators need to be snappy with their words.

Yep, Colin had me rolling lol.

The discussion on "dull and repetitive" tied into a discussion I got into in the Division review thread. Everything is inherently repetitive at the core. The question should be whether the mechanics (and everything else involved in the creation of a game) are good enough for you to enjoy the repetition.

Mezoly

Yep, Colin had me rolling lol.

The discussion on "dull and repetitive" tied into a discussion I got into in the Division review thread. Everything is inherently repetitive at the core. The question should be whether the mechanics (and everything else involved in the creation of a game) are good enough for you to enjoy the repetition.

For me, I started to feel the repetitiveness of games this generation mainly due to games I played being longer. MGS5 was a chore for me after 20 missions and 30 side ops if the game was shorter with the same mechanics I would've not noticed the repetitiveness.

I hope on the next episode Colin talks to Greg about the Dreams demo. I don't think they ever discussed Colin's opinions in depth, especially since the chat voted for Colin to do it solo.

Mezoly

I hope on the next episode Colin talks to Greg about the Dreams demo. I don't think they ever discussed Colin's opinions in depth, especially since the chat voted for Colin to do it solo.

Yeah I want to hear his thoughts too. But with PSVR and PS4.5 I think that discussion might be pushed aside. Regardless,I can't wait for next week episode.

I feel like the same way as well. The Playstation Blogcast does the same thing too. I guess it's something you have as filler. Comes in handy when there are games they know in there.

Did you guys catch the PS BLOGCAST this week? Features Colin and Greg during 200 episode milestone.

Did you know it was recorded at Kinda Funny HQ? This cool 3D panoramic image that was taken gives you a cool behind the scenes look at the setup: https://theta360.com/s/b6836KeLkYo53u7XNvFhnkM4m You can see Kevin in the background![

I thought Colin's play by play was super awkward and not funny at all. Surprised by the reaction on here. The rest of the episode was good, though. Interesting Division v. Destiny talk. I enjoyed Destiny much more than I'm enjoying The Division. It had better gunplay, more varied loot, and more interesting locations.

Well deserved.

Wonder why Colin is never up for any awards?

As good as a journalist as Colin is he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Greg is the upbeat and happy guy and if you see the nominees they are all more positive upbeat guys and less serious. Not saying that Greg is a less serious gaming journalist but just the personality. I love Colin and hopefully he gets an award some day but I also don't think Colin is one to lose too much sleep over an award

JTripper

As good as a journalist as Colin is he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Greg is the upbeat and happy guy and if you see the nominees they are all more positive upbeat guys and less serious. Not saying that Greg is a less serious gaming journalist but just the personality. I love Colin and hopefully he gets an award some day but I also don't think Colin is one to lose too much sleep over an award

It's like Greg is the Superman of Kinda Funny and Colin is the Batman.

I can't wait to see next week's episode. It was going to be stacked already (with GDC stuff, the PS4.5 rumors, Kotaku's possible predicament, etc.), but with Greg winning that award, you just know that will be a big part of the show, too. And
maybe a return of the "water man"
;p

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's like Greg is the Superman of Kinda Funny and Colin is the Batman.

Everybody prefers Batman to Superman too

I dunno, Colin just seems like he deserves an award, doesn't need to be a personality award. But yeah, he won't lose sleep over it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I can't wait to see next week's episode. It was going to be stacked already (with GDC stuff, the PS4.5 rumors, Kotaku's possible predicament, etc.), but with Greg winning that award, you just know that will be a big part of the show, too.

Maybe a 2 hour show?

Oh man, I know I am a bit behind but thank goodness we are calling out Greg's "you know what I means." In my opinion doing what Colin is doing is the exact way to kill a verbal tic like that, something that we can all benefit from in points in our lives.

I have noticed Greg's tics a looonnng time ago and it is impossible to unhear. You can usually tell it's coming when he goes into his prepared response voice, which is initiated by another tic "it's one of those things, right?"

Love ya Greg <3

vypek

I have a hard time picking up verbal tics in people unless explicitly pointed out. Never really bothered me but I guess I can understand why it bothers others.

Banned
Well deserved.

Wonder why Colin is never up for any awards?

Colin is more blunt, cynical, and against the grain then your average journalist. He'll often say what some are thinking but are afraid to say. He won't win many awards because of it, but for me, it makes him an excellent journalist and gaming personality.

Him and I actually have many of the same viewpoints and interests in gaming (hate playing with other people, like narrative driven games, many games are too dense now, prefer single player, etc.)

BigRedOne

When Colin forces his political views on the show I sigh yawn and think not this shit again. Is the old man yelling at a cloud shtick over yet.

Colin is more blunt, cynical, and against the grain then your average journalist. He'll often say what some are thinking but are afraid to say. He won't win many awards because of it, but for me, it makes him an excellent journalist and gaming personality.

Him and I actually have many of the same viewpoints and interests in gaming (hate playing with other people, like narrative driven games, many games are too dense now, prefer single player, etc.)

I'm fine with playing online with/against random people, but I will probably never play an online game that relies on teamwork unless I personally know the person I'm playing with. I think you are more likely to act as a team that way.

notaxation

Neo Member
The question is would he even want it?

The answer is an emphatic "no," though I do appreciate folks' sentiments. I don't want the limelight or lots of attention. The only award I'd want is something related to high-tier writing, anyway. Pulitzer, anyone? ^_~

Unless we're talking about the Jets or Islanders, in which case a Lombardi Trophy or the Stanley Cup will do.

<3

The answer is an emphatic "no," though I do appreciate folks' sentiments. I don't want the limelight or lots of attention. The only award I'd want is something related to high-tier writing, anyway. Pulitzer, anyone? ^_~

Unless we're talking about the Jets or Islanders, in which case a Lombardi Trophy or the Stanley Cup will do.

<3

Oh, don't worry, you'll get one when you write the inevitable all encompassing biography of one Greg Miller. ;p

timmyp53

<3

I totally want to read that piece your working on while you were getting boozed at that bar.

Whenever Greg has to say "this question is specifically for Colin" I can feel his soul being destroyed. lolol.

Banned

<3
At least the islanders and jets have a chance at championships. My leafs will be eternally awful and if we had an nfl team it would be "rebuilding" for eternity.

He's the actual unsung hero.
The man doesn't even have his name on the title smh. The disrespect from OP.

latest-slap-gif-781.gif

<3

Speaking of which, how is your novel coming along?

DKHF

Man there really is some huge news for them to discuss this week between PS4.5, PSVR's price, Tequila Works reacquiring the rights to Rime and other 3rd party news. Though I guess they won't discuss PSVR's price too much by themselves (not counting responding to reader questions) since they discussed it heavily on the GDC stream and this week's Gamescast. Should be a good show with hopefully a lot of reader mail about the news items.

Man there really is some huge news for them to discuss this week between PS4.5, PSVR's price, Tequila Works reacquiring the rights to Rime and other 3rd party news. Though I guess they won't discuss PSVR's price too much by themselves (not counting responding to reader questions) since they discussed it heavily on the GDC stream and this week's Gamescast. Should be a good show with hopefully a lot of reader mail about the news items.

Yeah. Should be a good one.

Top Bottom