• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Holy crap this thread has become toxic. What in the world... It's not even a question of whether you are addressing issues or whether you are giving feedback, you are just plainly disrespecting them. Good lord sometimes you people make me a little disappointed.

You can make things personal if you want (and you clearly want to), but here's my advice: If you don't like the show, don't watch it. And trust me, I speak for Greg on that front, too. For everyone else who understands our humor, understands that we wear our hearts on our sleeves, and understands that we have our on weeks and off, we salute you.

I hope the rest of you are doing well. -Colin
Hey Colin, thanks for responding to that even though I'm sure you know you really don't have to answer hateful posters, especially here on NeoGAF. Never had the pleasure to meet you, but I've been fondled / hugged-too-long by both sober and not-so-sober Greg a few times. We (Multiverse Mob) are fans since Beyond and were inspired to do Patreon and potentially a podcast (a bit different than KF stuff, though) because of what ya'll do.

If you do take issue with the vitriol and hate in this thread, please hit up a mod. Surely there are some lurking as this thread has taken a strange turn.

Sad to see this thread descend into anarchy, enjoyable episode today anyway. From your Instagram feed Colin you guys are doing a lot of travelling at the moment so it's bound to take its toll. Convinced me to join Vita island once I pay off my Glastonbury ticket anyway. My last handheld was my PSP and I miss gaming on the go somewhat.

vypek

Enjoyed this episode as well. Has become a normal Tuesday occurrence at work to listen to this at noon. I don't know if I would ever want to travel as much as these guys do. Too tiresome.

I'm not on any meds. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I was, however, in the hot Texas sun filming for six or seven hours right before we went on camera, and I wasn't feeling very well. At all.

We're not exactly known for being professional -- so I'll skip your unsolicited advice -- but we are known for keeping our word to our audience. And we told our audience that we'd do our very best to never miss a week of PSILY, no matter what. So Greg harassed some folks at RT we barely knew to give us a corner to work in in what was literally a small office in an out-of-the-way warehouse, a camera with a faulty battery that died halfway through the shoot, and some mics. We had significant technical difficulties even getting things working at all. Our mics gave out 20 minutes in, and we had to use the shotgun mic instead. That shoot took way longer than it should have, and we jumped over quite a few hurdles -- with the help of some kind folks -- to make it happen at all.

But we still posted something -- due mostly to Greg's hard work both before and after the shoot -- because we said we would. And I guarantee you, most of the audience will be just fine with it, and thankful that we did our best to deliver, even if we were absolutely shot. It's like the old days of Podcast Beyond, when we'd record post-GDC and post-E3 episodes with a voice recorder. I guess that was when the Internet was just a little kinder, and a little more understanding that there are real people with real feelings putting forth real effort on the other side of the vitriol people like you spew.

You can make things personal if you want (and you clearly want to), but here's my advice: If you don't like the show, don't watch it. And trust me, I speak for Greg on that front, too. For everyone else who understands our humor, understands that we wear our hearts on our sleeves, and understands that we have our on weeks and off, we salute you.

Colin, I love you and Greg.

Keep up the solid work. Half of me wishes you didn't respond to that post because it just wasn't worth it. I wish you'd respond to the some of the nice stuff people say to you on Twitter and other social media as opposed to wasting your time on the nasty stuff people have to say.

Keep up the solid and awesome work that you and the Kinda Funny team put in week in and week out. I appreciate you.

Long Live Kinda Funny!

Karu

I'd actually agree with you if I had no context, but... I do, because it's my show.

I will say that you should give it a listen. I think it's a nice "here's a lot of random stuff you should think about with Vita" topic that goes beyond just the games library. OLED or Slim? What kind of memory card? Et cetera. It's a nice catch-all for our audience that I think Vita owners and prospective Vita owners alike will enjoy.

But, I'll leave that up to you.
Oh be sure, I did, because I have too much time at my hands :D Just expressed my slight disappointment seeing that title, because it's obviously a question especially you guys get asked again and again, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not on any meds. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I was, however, in the hot Texas sun filming for six or seven hours right before we went on camera, and I wasn't feeling very well. At all.

We're not exactly known for being professional -- so I'll skip your unsolicited advice -- but we are known for keeping our word to our audience. And we told our audience that we'd do our very best to never miss a week of PSILY, no matter what. So Greg harassed some folks at RT we barely knew to give us a corner to work in in what was literally a small office in an out-of-the-way warehouse, a camera with a faulty battery that died halfway through the shoot, and some mics. We had significant technical difficulties even getting things working at all. Our mics gave out 20 minutes in, and we had to use the shotgun mic instead. That shoot took way longer than it should have, and we jumped over quite a few hurdles -- with the help of some kind folks -- to make it happen at all.

But we still posted something -- due mostly to Greg's hard work both before and after the shoot -- because we said we would. And I guarantee you, most of the audience will be just fine with it, and thankful that we did our best to deliver, even if we were absolutely shot. It's like the old days of Podcast Beyond, when we'd record post-GDC and post-E3 episodes with a voice recorder. I guess that was when the Internet was just a little kinder, and a little more understanding that there are real people with real feelings putting forth real effort on the other side of the vitriol people like you spew.

Man, I love it when you post in here, especially when things start getting tense. You come in and things tend to calm down. I try my best to maintain this thread weekly by adding in the new episodes (and related information) on the first page, so I'd be bummed if it closed because of vitriolic posts.

I really enjoyed this weeks episode *shrugs*. I have a lot of respect for people who work tirelessly to entertain their audience.

Yeah sounds like Greg and Colin went through a lot to get the episode recorded. As Greg said on the podcast, they could've easily recorded two back-to-back last week, but felt it was better to record the night before release as usual. Thanks for you efforts, Greg!

When I clicked and immediately heard the low quality audio and saw they weren't in their usual setup -- then proceeded to mention doing shit with Rooster Teeth -- I just closed the video. I appreciate they tried their best but it was not a very good podcast on the back of all of the work they had been doing previously.

Looking forward to next week's podcast however.

Memory

A bit sad what this thread has become.

Holy crap this thread has become toxic. What in the world... It's not even a question of whether you are addressing issues or whether you are giving feedback, you are just plainly disrespecting them. Good lord sometimes you people make me a little disappointed.

Sad to see this thread descend into anarchy, enjoyable episode today anyway. From your Instagram feed Colin you guys are doing a lot of travelling at the moment so it's bound to take its toll. Convinced me to join Vita island once I pay off my Glastonbury ticket anyway. My last handheld was my PSP and I miss gaming on the go somewhat.

Its only a few people being unreasonable, some people have legit concerns and others are just happy to get any C&G they can.

Don't let a few negative posts taint your perception of the thread as a whole, that's how detractors/haters & trolls ruin good things for everyone.

Nice episode like always.
I like that Colin thinks PS4.5 is an awful idea on paper to the general consumer because that's how I've felt since day 1 of this rumour.

Of course like him, I'd likely end up getting one after launch but the precedent it sets is not one I'm particularly excited about for future console cycles.

Thanks for getting ep 30 out lads after an exhausting day of work, appreciate it as my own work day has been frustratingly mundane!

Matush

Listening for almost 15 minutes about NOTHING (tacos, waiting for Colin to come back from toilet or how tierd he is) was too much for me. Reality check, almost everybody's work is tierdsome. I cant imagine how hard it is to entertain your whole audience on daily bases but come on, you are not working in cole mines or something guys.

Greg schtik is getting way overplayed and with that I realized I'm not into this kind of podcast anymore nor am their demographic audience. Welp. All the best of luck to Gerg and Colin.

Listening for almost 15 minutes about NOTHING (tacos, waiting for Colin to come back from toilet or how tierd he is) was too much for me. Reality check, almost everybody's work is tierdsome. I cant imagine how hard it is to entertain your whole audience on daily bases but come on, you are not working in cole mines or something guys.

Greg schtik is getting way overplayed and with that I realized I'm not into this kind of podcast anymore nor am their demographic audience. Welp. All the best of luck to Gerg and Colin.

Then I'm sure you wouldn't mind leaving.

casnix

I enjoyed the episode, like all the episodes before it. Don't let the negative comments get you guys down. Thank you, Colin and Greg.

Matush

Then I'm sure you wouldn't mind leaving -- and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Why being this aggressive? I wished them best of luck, acknowleged how hard it must be for them to entertain and create content for their audience and this is kind of response I get? Wow, thanks a bunch!

Preach Colin. I mean I can only imagine what it'd be like to be in your position -- I mean even for someone's who just observing it, it must be draining and tiring to see people trying to scrutinise every aspect of your life when you're on camera 5 times a week on multiple shows.

For those saying that you're allowed to criticise, I'm not saying there's no criticism allowed, but I think it's misplaced and can be said in a much better and constructive way. It just seems people are complaining for the sake of it and are forgetting C&G are humans too. Even in other KF threads, people are being way over hostile and are forgetting that they're also GAFers and read these threads. It's a shame tbh.

Last bit was totally unneeded.

Stop being hostile guys ffs
I didn't mean to be hostile just saying after Colin's above post the original poster could have at least showed a bit more empathy.
My apologies if I did come across as hostile -- wasn't my intent.

Why being this aggressive? I wished them best of luck, acknowleged how hard it must be for them to entertain and create content for their audience and this is kind of response I get? Wow, thanks a bunch!

I apologise, wasn't meant to be aggressive but I don't know, considering Colin's post above just thought it was tone deaf.

No vitriol here, dude - I really like the show most of the time, but can you at least admit that announcing you're getting up to go take a pee -- during the podcast -- isn't exactly respecting your audience?

It's like he just admitted that they weren't professional -- and how is respect measured on needing to go to pee? He literally just explained it was the only time and place they could do it. Like seriously, show a bit more understanding and empathy man :/

Colin, the best way to handle criticism from a small minority is to completely ignore them, just scroll on passed it and do your thing.

Karu

Colin, the best way to handle criticism from a small minority is to completely ignore them, just scroll on passed it and do your thing.
Or you don't, listen and answer. Criticsm is not invalid because the majority didn't share the critic's viewpoint. (This comment right here is not linked to any specific complaint or comment in this thread)

jennetics

Obligatory Colin and Greg are lazy and unprofessional comment. This show is getting worse and worse and I'll continue listening to it.

I like you two, Greg and Colin. Keep up the good work.

DoctorZMC

Neo Member
... And we told our audience that we'd do our very best to never miss a week of PSILY, no matter what. So Greg harassed some folks at RT we barely knew to give us a corner to work in in what was literally a small office in an out-of-the-way warehouse...

Hey Colin,
Despite some of the negativity expressed, this weeks PSILY actually really helped me out of a funk I was in this morning, after having a really rough few days. I respect the work you both do, and the commitments you've made to your audience, even when your circumstances get rough.
Personally I really enjoyed the episode and its topic even though ive been on vita island (almost) since the beginning.
Keep up the good work!

Enjoyed the episode. Same vita discussion but it was whatever to me because it was more targeted towards that one guy in need.

As long as there is no politic talk I'm good (but lol at CliffyB bringing up why Republicans like Trump on KindaFunny).

Rival

Gold Member
The same people taking a crap on Colin and Greg for doing a below standard show are the same people who would complain if they took a week off. I love ps I love you and try to listen whenever I can. keep up the great, good, and mediocre work Colin and Greg.

The internet sucks sometimes, but rest assured that you have a lot of fans out here and I personally really appreciate you guys going through all that hard work to post PSILY. I look forward to it every week. Keep up the great work and content! Love you guys!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Stop guys, you're tearing this thread apart.

tumblr_ns9ma8LgLO1rvwsfxo7_r1_250.gif

jacobeid

Banned
You are being insanely negative. They've shown themselves to be very responsive to constructive, well-meaning criticism. If you just want to whine for the sake of whining they might not listen, but if you have valid concerns I'm sure they'll give you the time of day. Also it's too early to tell what sort of effect their partnership with Rooster Teeth has had on any of their content. Don't jump the gun.

Not when someone suggest time stamps.

I enjoyed this week's show and I'm happy to have them doing this podcast.

I actually really enjoyed this week's show. Though again, the OLED vs slim Vita argument wears thin, as does Colin's thoughts on the PS4K after listening to a few episodes of C&GL and last week's PSILY. And obviously maybe it'd be better if Colin went to the bathroom before the show, a little bit more respect for the listener's time could go a long way. I'm glad he didn't do anything in the bathroom with his mic on like he was going to, the uproar about that would have been brutal.

It is, however, really disheartening to see time and time again that this is how Colin responds to almost all criticism of the show:

You can make things personal if you want (and you clearly want to), but here's my advice: If you don't like the show, don't watch it. And trust me, I speak for Greg on that front, too.

Especially when they're asking us to pay them money for what they do. I dunno, just rubs me the wrong way.

It is, however, really disheartening to see time and time again that this is how Colin responds to almost all criticism of the show:

Especially when they're asking us to pay them money for what they do. I dunno, just rubs me the wrong way.

PSILY isn't and has never been part of any Patreon goals. You are also not obliged to answer their call for money and can cancel it whenever you want. It's a free podcast that, again, people have the choice to listen to. Honestly, it just seems people are looking to be annoyed or offended or looking at anything for the sake of complaining. That's just how I view it because a lot of the criticism has been petty to say the least (not aiming this specifically at you).

This sense of entitlement people often have is like some god given right that they're allowed to shit on everything and anything these guys do 24/7 without C&G getting tired of it is way too much -- mostly is why they don't post here all that often -- having the right to criticise shouldn't mean you try and take every opportunity you have and scrutinise people's lives to the Nth degree wherever possible. Excercising a bit of thoughtful restraint could go a long way.

Honestly, in this last few weeks and episodes, you only have to see the progress of this thread to see how people's 'right to criticise C&G' has shat up this thread and stifled discussions about the contents of the episode. You know, instead of taking it up legitemately somewhere else.

i really don't believe taking criticism should be that hard of a thing for anyone to do

It shouldn't, but I'm sure if you're in their position and people are criticising, scrutinising and being just negative on your work that you're not obliged to be a part of, it just gets tiring. I'm just tired reading all the crap every GAF thread each week since I know even before clicking the thread there'll be people complaining.

Look no further than its thread to see how much this sense of entitlement of criticism has stifled productive and constructive discussion. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but most of the criticism thrown at them is aimless and comes from a misplaced intent.

Rival

Gold Member
I actually really enjoyed this week's show. Though again, the OLED vs slim Vita argument wears thin, as does Colin's thoughts on the PS4K after listening to a few episodes of C&GL and last week's PSILY. And obviously maybe it'd be better if Colin went to the bathroom before the show, a little bit more respect for the listener's time could go a long way. I'm glad he didn't do anything in the bathroom with his mic on like he was going to, the uproar about that would have been brutal.

So I have not listened to this weeks episode yet and this sounds strange but Colin using the bathroom or ordering wings or whatever is just part of what makes the show kind of unique and funny to me.

I understand if people don't like that sort of thing because they just want to hear PlayStation news but there are a lot of people who probably do like everything that encompasses the show. I listen to most episodes and watch some of their YouTube stuff and have never given these guys a dime and I really have no problem with them saying that if you don't like it don't listen. That's perfect advice for basically everything.

Portugeezer

So I have not listened to this weeks episode yet and this sounds strange but Colin using the bathroom or ordering wings or whatever is just part of what makes the show kind of unique and funny to me.

I understand if people don't like that sort of thing because they just want to hear PlayStation news but there are a lot of people who probably do like everything that encompasses the show. I listen to most episodes and watch some of their YouTube stuff and have never given these guys a dime and I really have no problem with them saying that if you don't like it don't listen. That's perfect advice for basically everything.
Look, I love their banter, but they have many shows now, so it's not a rarity like it was when they mostly did Podcast Beyond at IGN.

It if fine to criticise them if you think they missed a beat, different opinions and whatnot. Although this week I didn't say anything, it is annoying to get lumped in as some shit talker or negative nancy if I don't think they had a good episode. Regardless, I stopped watching the episode as Colin also suggested, but I will probably get back to it later in the week when everything else dries out.

Look, I love their banter, but they have many shows now, so it's not a rarity like it was when they mostly did Podcast Beyond at IGN.

It if fine to criticise them if you think they missed a beat, different opinions and whatnot. Although this week I didn't say anything, it is annoying to get lumped in as some shit talker or negative nancy if I don't think they had a good episode. Regardless, I stopped watching the episode as Colin also suggested, but I will probably get back to it later in the week when everything else dries out.

Btw, FWIW I just want to clarify about my comments in this thread as I hope I haven't upset anyone -- most of them haven't been l aimed at people in this thread even if I disagree. The hostility tended to be in other KF threads (like the more recent Rooster Teeth one, animated series thread and YouTube comments). Even if I do disagree with some people here, at worst I think it's just petty (apart from a few that Colin relies to -- I mean IMO there have been disrespectful comments) but I won't and don't mean to lump that with general critique of episodes.

Rival

Gold Member

If you are annoyed because you think I lumped you in as a shit talker I apologize. I wouldn't try to call anyone out. Everyone should be able to discuss their opinions no matter what they are.

PSILY isn't and has never been part of any Patreon goals.

Except it's a part of Kinda Funny Games which is covered as a whole by Patreon. All the equipment and expenses that go into making the podcast are covered by Patreon (and maybe now partly Rooster Teeth???). Just because it's not one of the milestone goals doesn't mean it's not covered by their Patreon.

Except it's a part of Kinda Funny Games which is covered as a whole by Patreon. All the equipment and expenses that go into making the podcast are covered by Patreon (and maybe now partly Rooster Teeth???). Just because it's not one of the milestone goals doesn't mean it's not covered by their Patreon.

Are you actually a patreon or legitimately upset over nothing? I'm sure if people felt they weren't getting their money's worth (on something they did regardless of patron support) they'd stop donating to their patron lol...

There's nothing wrong with giving feedback -- I'm sure everyone at Kinda Funny appreciates the constructive criticism -- but some of the comments on the latest episode in here are absolutely brutal.

C'mon, guys -- Colin and Greg are obviously not above criticism, but there's really no need to be mean.

Are you actually a patreon or legitimately upset over nothing? I'm sure if people felt they weren't getting their money's worth (on something they did regardless of patron support) they'd stop donating to their patron lol...

Upset? All I said was it rubs me the wrong way to see them have such little respect for their listeners time when they're asking for money.
Why are you acting so hostile especially after you got called out for the whole "don't let the door hit you on the way out" line??

Top Bottom